SRP: Terra Ridge

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Re: SRP: Terra Ridge

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

The Moon Howler wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:"Eh, we're apparently in the quietest city, and so far the people here seem good and friendly...?" Scratch grasped a little. She shrugged, "I'm not exactly one to look for the brighter things first, but oh! Speaking of bright, apparently there's a local legend about the world above this cave: apparently no one here thinks it's real, and it's like a 'heaven' type place in the local folklore. Just thought I might throw you that one to pick apart. My theory is that they used to live up there a long time ago and somehow no explorers have ever found their way back..."
"That would explain the blank sky when we arrived..." Harrison muttered "Should've notice the lack of moon... or stars..."
Scratch nodded, "This whole place is inside a giant cave with only one opening," she pointed up at the single star that hung in the sky, "and the people here somehow survive without any sunlight. I'm pretty sure you need the sun for some nutrients, but that might explain this," she pulled out one of the blue apples again, holding it out, "Hungry, by the way?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

"Aye, I could eat an ox right now." Harrison said and took the apple "But I guess this apple will have ta do..."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch nodded as they approached the Wasting Time bar. She slowed and glanced back at him, instead of just going through the door, "So. We fully caught up for now?"
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
The Moon Howler

"Aye, that we are." Harrison said, following Scratch inside "However, I won't be able to stay with ya for long. As I mentioned a while ago - I have some stuff ta do."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch looked around inside the bar, checking to see if the others were in there to meet up yet, "Well, don't leave too soon... What job do you need to do anyway? You need help?"
The Moon Howler

"Well, I do have some free time on my paws..." Harrison said "An' dun worry, it's somethin' small and easy."

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scratch wrote:The otter hesitated for a no more than a second, before shrugging.
"Sure thing boss." Grabbing the bag and handing it over to Flynn.
"I can as-sure you that everything in there is the highest grade around, o'l Ghyl never settles for 2nd best when it comes to my biggest customer."
"...Or any of my customers." He quickly adds.
Scratch/Harrison wrote:No others from the ship were at the bar right now. The pub was busier than it was an hour ago. Rem was busy at the counter serving drinks to those sitting in bar stools while a black feline was serving people at various tables.
Of the notable attendants at the bar at the time there was a beagle with a beret on his head, who was sitting and talking with a group in the corner, one of the only patrons, they observed, that didn't have a drink in his hand.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scratch wrote:The otter hesitated for a no more than a second, before shrugging.
"Sure thing boss." Grabbing the bag and handing it over to Flynn.
"I can as-sure you that everything in there is the highest grade around, o'l Ghyl never settles for 2nd best when it comes to my biggest customer."
"...Or any of my customers." He quickly adds.
Flynn took the bag, then remembered something. "Heh, Rem never actually told us what we were picking up. Checking the bag wouldn't do any good." Flynn then dug around in his collar and pulled out one of the silver coins and the copper coins he'd gotten off of that cat in the gambling room. "I don't know hoe much this is supposed to cost, but Rem said he gave us enough." Flynn hoped that the guy wouldn't bother counting the 34 copper... and that 34 copper was worth less than one silver.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scraps wrote:The otter scoffed.
"You think you can pull one over on ol' Ghyl?" He looked genuinely hurt.
He put a hand over heart.
"Now ol' Ghyl runs an honest shop here. Does honest work. All he asks for is to get honest pay." He tapped on the window counter.
"Rem's a nice fella. Like him. Good customer. Those goods. Three silver. Always was, always has been."
Scrap's Diceroll wrote:Perception: 13+3 = 16 Expected Result
Scraps wasn't sure why, but he knew the otter was lying, maybe it was the tone in his voice or something. But he was lying. Maybe he needs some 'motivation' to let up.
(I rolled you too Brent, but it failed).

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scraps wrote:The otter scoffed.
"You think you can pull one over on ol' Ghyl?" He looked genuinely hurt.
He put a hand over heart.
"Now ol' Ghyl runs an honest shop here. Does honest work. All he asks for is to get honest pay." He tapped on the window counter.
"Rem's a nice fella. Like him. Good customer. Those goods. Three silver. Always was, always has been."
Scrap's Diceroll wrote:Perception: 13+3 = 16 Expected Result
Scraps wasn't sure why, but he knew the otter was lying, maybe it was the tone in his voice or something. But he was lying. Maybe he needs some 'motivation' to let up.
(I rolled you too Brent, but it failed).
"I'm sorry for trying to cheat you," Flynn said, removing his fedora and holding it over his heart. He put on a sad face and looked down. "But you see, My friends and I have no money to our name. If we don't earn enough for a room at the Inn tonight, we'll be out on the streets. And we have a tired female with us. She stayed at the bar because she couldn't even find the strength to walk this short distance. All we are gaining from this delivery is the change from the five silver Remus gave to us." He looked up and made eye contact with the otter. "So if you could find it in your heart to accept as little as one, or perhaps two silver, it would help us to sleep comfortably for one night."
(OOC: I know you didn't say Flynn knew he was lying, but Remus gave them five silver and said they'd get 3 silver in change. he knows Ghyl's lying from simple math, and assuming the sheriff's brother is more honest that the otter with a reputation for cheating people)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps knew this otter was lying but he decided that he would remain silent until after Flynn had his chance to deal with the problem. There was no reason for him to make things any more complicated than they had to be and if Flynn could convince Ghyll there was no reason to get nasty. Scraps stood there staring at ghyll and waiting.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian looked over the two possibilities, the caravan would probably need the armor more, and have better use of it, though it WAS a general goods store, and he wasn't too sure, but something didn't seem just right with the two birds, so he went with the bear, though he stayed on his toes, knowing well waking a sleeping bear was not always the best of choices "Ehem... Excuse me..." he spoke up, trying to get the bear's attention
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:"Well, I do have some free time on my paws..." Harrison said "An' dun worry, it's somethin' small and easy."
Roarin wrote:
Scratch/Harrison wrote:No others from the ship were at the bar right now. The pub was busier than it was an hour ago. Rem was busy at the counter serving drinks to those sitting in bar stools while a black feline was serving people at various tables.
Of the notable attendants at the bar at the time there was a beagle with a beret on his head, who was sitting and talking with a group in the corner, one of the only patrons, they observed, that didn't have a drink in his hand.
Scratch ignored the one guy who, aside from not drinking, didn't really stand out to her, and started walking over to the bar. She spoke over her shoulder to Harrison behind her, "At least stick around and let's see if the others swung by. Maybe I could come run this errand with you..."
The Moon Howler

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch ignored the one guy who, aside from not drinking, didn't really stand out to her, and started walking over to the bar. She spoke over her shoulder to Harrison behind her, "At least stick around and let's see if the others swung by. Maybe I could come run this errand with you..."
"As I said, I'll be stay fer a while." Harrison said "But... uh... I can't take ya with me... not this time at least..."

My RP Characters
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scraps wrote:"But...". The otter's eyes darted back and forth between Scraps and Flynn, looking almost... longingly. And after a few seconds...
"Fine...". He grumbled, taking the coins that Flynn offered.
"But tell Rem he owes Ghyl big time.". He chirped angrily.
Ian wrote:The bear grumbled, making the cart rumble alittle. Then an eye opened, looking at Ian and Samaki. Slowly the bear seemed to wake, sitting up and smacking his chops before letting out a yawn.
"Am sorry. No customers, I sleep.". His voice sounded slow and russian.
"Now. Little doggies. You want to buy wares, yes?

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scraps wrote:"But...". The otter's eyes darted back and forth between Scraps and Flynn, looking almost... longingly. And after a few seconds...
"Fine...". He grumbled, taking the coins that Flynn offered.
"But tell Rem he owes Ghyl big time.". He chirped angrily.
"thank you sir. Rem doesn't owe you, we do. Perhaps when we have some disposable income, we can make it up to you," Flynn said as he took the goods to deliver to the tavern and put his hat back on his head. "Let's go, Scraps." this whole time, he kept up a thankful tone.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Scraps nodded at the otter, "Much appreciated ghyll. Have a good one." He was ready to leave and get back but he waited for Flynn.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Reno smiled softly "Actually, we saw that this seemed to be a traveing caravan am I correct? I would hate to act under an assumption and find myself on the wrong side of someone, you seem like you are a really nice bear" he nodded his tail idly swishing to and fro
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:Scratch ignored the one guy who, aside from not drinking, didn't really stand out to her, and started walking over to the bar. She spoke over her shoulder to Harrison behind her, "At least stick around and let's see if the others swung by. Maybe I could come run this errand with you..."
"As I said, I'll be stay fer a while." Harrison said "But... uh... I can't take ya with me... not this time at least..."
"Well..." Scratch said, "I need to talk to the bar owner over there, but maybe we should start thinking about our next course of action, 'cause I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to be wandering around this town... Did Quetzalcoatl talk to you again when you were napping?"
The Moon Howler

Harrison shook his head "No, he remains silent. However, yer right about that plannin'."

My RP Characters
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:Scraps nodded at the otter, "Much appreciated ghyll. Have a good one." He was ready to leave and get back but he waited for Flynn.
The two continued on towards the tavern. once they had gotten out of earshot of Ghyl, Flynn proudly said "And that, my friend, is how we do business."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Seth wrote:Scraps nodded at the otter, "Much appreciated ghyll. Have a good one." He was ready to leave and get back but he waited for Flynn.
The two continued on towards the tavern. once they had gotten out of earshot of Ghyl, Flynn proudly said "And that, my friend, is how we do business."
"I liked the sob story it was a nice touch. Hopefully we made enough to get a room for the night. Though to be honest I'll be happy as long as I don't wake up in jail again."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote:"I liked the sob story it was a nice touch. Hopefully we made enough to get a room for the night. Though to be honest I'll be happy as long as I don't wake up in jail again."
"Stick with me and you'll be good," Flynn said. "I talked myself out of a few animal control vans in my day. Jail shouldn't be too hard... though the sheriff knowing me might kind of limit my options."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Seth wrote:"I liked the sob story it was a nice touch. Hopefully we made enough to get a room for the night. Though to be honest I'll be happy as long as I don't wake up in jail again."
"Stick with me and you'll be good," Flynn said. "I talked myself out of a few animal control vans in my day. Jail shouldn't be too hard... though the sheriff knowing me might kind of limit my options."
"I think between the two of us we should be able to get out of most anything this city throws at us. But how about we just go with the avoid jail altogether option? "
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Seth wrote: "I think between the two of us we should be able to get out of most anything this city throws at us. But how about we just go with the avoid jail altogether option? "
"My friend, that's always plan A," he replied. "now let's go give this to Rem and wait around until the next job starts."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Seth wrote: "I think between the two of us we should be able to get out of most anything this city throws at us. But how about we just go with the avoid jail altogether option? "
"My friend, that's always plan A," he replied. "now let's go give this to Rem and wait around until the next job starts."
"Sounds good to me."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

The Moon Howler wrote:Harrison shook his head "No, he remains silent. However, yer right about that plannin'."
Scratch nodded, moving a bit out of the doorway and leaning against the wall next to it to talk to Harrison for a bit, "Well, I'm investigating this missing-person case for now: taking up a small job is the quickest way to establish yourself in a new area. We should be careful not to get ourselves involved with anything too committed though, especially not this 'war' thing that's apparently going on: I'd like to be able to move around without getting shot again for a while.." she shrugged. "So..." she glanced around a little to see that they weren't being watched, "Can't tell me what you're up to then?"
The Moon Howler

Harrison followed Scratch away from the door and stood in front of her "I told ya - 'tis an errand. That's all. Moving an object from point A to B. Nothin' special."

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch eyed Harrison at that one, "Uh huh..." she let it go: when an ally doesn't talk right away, it's usually because they don't want you involved, or they don't want anyone to overhear. Seeing as Harrison hadn't been here any longer than her, and he wasn't telling her what happened in the shack (c'mon, like she'd believe that "napping" story), he probably had some secret info. She could always ask him later, or just trail him when he left...

She glanced over at the bar, "Hey... You think you could stick around a bit longer? I wanna talk to the bartender about something, and I'd rather we both wait for some of the others a bit longer..."
The Moon Howler

Harrison nodded "Guess I could stay for a while longer, but not too long. Dun' wanna be late."

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Scratch nodded, standing up from the wall, "Alright, I'll only be a minute. Just wait here and keep an eye out..." She walked over to the bar and sat down, leaning forward and looking at Remus while she waited for him to notice her...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Flynn and Scraps had made it back to the bar with his delivery. He noticed Harrison nearby as they entered. He walked up to the bar next to Scratch and said "Hey, Rem, I got your delivery," as he held up the paper bag. "Ghyll actually told me it was a silver more than you said."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn/Scraps/Harrison wrote:After giving a mug of blue liquid to a customer Remus walked over to the group, smilling a barman's smile.
"Hey guys, back again! What can I get ya?" He noticed Flynn holding the paper bag and his grin widened.
"Thanks man. We were just about to run out back here." He took the bag from Flynn and took a look inside.
"Man... not again." He shrugged.
"I'll just wring his neck tomorrow for the rest. Thanks again" He nodded to Flynn before address Scratch.
"And what about you miss? Can I get you anything? We just restocked"
Ian wrote:The bear chuckled, sounding like thunder in the distance.
"Maybe, long time ago. But now? Is simply shop."
He chuckled again.
"Now what can i get you two?"

Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Roarin wrote:
Flynn/Scraps/Harrison wrote:After giving a mug of blue liquid to a customer Remus walked over to the group, smilling a barman's smile.
"Hey guys, back again! What can I get ya?" He noticed Flynn holding the paper bag and his grin widened.
"Thanks man. We were just about to run out back here." He took the bag from Flynn and took a look inside.
"Man... not again." He shrugged.
"I'll just wring his neck tomorrow for the rest. Thanks again" He nodded to Flynn before address Scratch.
"And what about you miss? Can I get you anything? We just restocked"
"Actually, I talked him down to the original price, you don't need to do anything," Flynn said as he turned and began looking around the bar for Claire.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian thought for a moment "We washed up on shore not to long ago and, we aren't faring well, we have suit of armor, but we were informed that it won't attract the right kind of attention... I don't want it on you either, but we are going to be traveling... and it might be better off in your paws... Would you be willing to trade with us?" he asked, giving a hopeful smile
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

"Hey Flynn," Scratch glanced over, "Talk to the wolf over by the door: he's from the boat." She pointed at Harrison for him...

She turned to Remus with a sigh, "Still no money, sadly. But I have a bit of a favor to ask for you: I've been asked to look into a missing person's case..." she pulled the photo of Artemis in the bar out, noting before she showed them, "I'm sorry if this is a bit personal, 'cause I know you knew this girl, but..." she leaned in and handed over the photo, her voice becoming a bit hushed now, "What can you tell me about this husky?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Flynn wrote:It took him a minute to spot her in a corner table, engaged in what seemed to be a full conversation with a beagle, talking and laughing like they were old friends.
Diceroll wrote:Perception: 20 + 1= 21 - Overly Successful
(Cause I thought I'd throw in some characterization)
But something seemed off. Or... maybe it was just him but... Right then, he seemed to notice something about the way the conversation was going. How the beagle spoke to her and she'd nod, say "Right." or, "Okay," or, "Cool." And the beagle would keep talking. A single word would encourage him to continue on about his childhood. A small laugh at an anecdote would carry him into a story about this tiger he met once in that one city. And she smiled, swaying her silver tail against the seat of the chair, recycling those three words as the dog talked and talked and talked... On the other hand she might just be a good listener
Ian wrote:At that cue Samaki passed the iron helmet into the massive hands of the bear.
"Hmm..." The bear grunted contemplatively, his paw brushed over the engraving at the center of the helm. Three entwined circles.
"Yes." The bear continued to examine the helm with the scrutiny of a jeweler looking for flaws in a gem .
"I will take this, is valuable in certain circles. But... this armor." His dark eyes looked curiously down at Samaki and Ian.
"Would get you killed in most towns, at least, around here. Might I ask where you get such... dangerous piece of equipment?"
Scratch wrote:"Photos? Umm, sure let me take a lo-"
"Rem!" The wolf was about to take the offered photos when somewhere from close behind Scratch called his name. In fact, unknown to the raccoon up to that point, the animal was standing right behind her, it was Shahra, the sleek black cat waitresses.
"There's a dog at the fifth table asking for drinks. I told him he had to come to the bar to get it but... look can you deal with it."
"Yeah, no problem." Rem already had his hands on the photos but he hadn't looked at them closely yet.
"Err, sorry. Work comes first. I'll be right back." He set the photos down on the table and went to address the problem.
Once the wolf was out of earshot the cat set her serving tray on the counter of the bar and took a seat next to Scratch, curling her tail over her lap. Her violet eyes followed Rem for a second before looking at Scratch, frowning.
"What the carp do you think you were doing?!" She hissed.
Last edited by Roarin on Fri May 10, 2013 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Ian thought for a moment, he really only had two options, in one paw, he could ask Samaki how he got it, in the other, he can take what little information he had on it and make up a story. After a minute or two of thought he decided to ask Samaki, almost sure the bear would rather be told the truth, than catch his customer in a lie "I'm honestly not sure, I got separated from my friend here, and when I found him he had it on, we were given a warning about it and he took it off... Samaki I know you said not to ask too much about it, but how did you come across it?"
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Roarin wrote:
Scratch wrote:"Photos? Umm, sure let me take a lo-"
"Rem!" The wolf was about to take the offered photos when somewhere from close behind Scratch called his name. In fact, unknown to the raccoon up to that point, the animal was standing right behind her, it was Shahra, the sleek black cat waitresses.
"There's a dog at the fifth table asking for drinks. I told him he had to come to the bar to get it but... look can you deal with it."
"Yeah, no problem." Rem already had his hands on the photos but he hadn't looked at them closely yet.
"Err, sorry. Work comes first. I'll be right back." He set the photos down on the table and went to address the problem.
Once the wolf was out of earshot the cat set her serving tray on the counter of the bar and took a seat next to Scratch, curling her tail over her lap. Her violet eyes followed Rem for a second before looking at Scratch, frowning.
"What the carp do you think you were doing?!" She hissed.
Scratch blinked, "Um... Being a detective... 'cause that's what I am..." she looked back at the cat, studying her expression as she slid the photos back into her pocket, "I... take it you have some information I wasn't given?" She leaned forward preparing for what she assumed was going to be some confidential info...
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Ian wrote:Well..." The fox began to tell his tale of how he woke up in prison, how he had worn the armor to disguise himself, and how he and another dog had broken out of the prison.
"And that's how I got it..." He mumbled, shuffling his feet on the ground, and looking down guiltily.
"So... this armor you say... is stolen." The bear's voice sounded guarded, but neutral. Samaki nodded his head slowly.
"Hmm..."
Scratch wrote:"Look. I don't know who you are. But... Just...Can you please take your investigation somewhere else?". Her voice didn't sound offended, more wary, and she seemed earnest in her worry, her expression telling the same story.

Ref Ref!