Fighting Game Idea

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: Fighting Game Idea

Post by copper »

Hmm, fan characters? Is this a game for Valerio's fic, or HP!....?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

copper wrote:Hmm, fan characters? Is this a game for Valerio's fic, or HP!....?
Kinda both. I actually thought about where this should take place, and I decided that this can take place anywhere you want it to be. Hence why there are fan characters not just from Valerio's fic but also Stu's comic, Otaku-Boy'd fic, Brent's fic, ChristopherJackal's fic, and Honorable Intentions' fic.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Saturn381 wrote:Brent's fic
Oh wow, thanks. I haven't updated in a while, but to be mentioned in such company. I'm flattered.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Woah, a lot of 1X characters...! O.O

I didn't notice they were this much. I didn't notice their actual presence to be honest xD i love to see Eyesight in here. It makes me think i should take his comic back to end his story...
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Saturn381 wrote:Brent's fic
Oh wow, thanks. I haven't updated in a while, but to be mentioned in such company. I'm flattered.
Actually, all ya had to do was ask, thats how Mint got her cameo.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

but the thing is, I didn't ask, so Drake, Hex, and Cadence got in on merit alone.
unless they got in because I contributed ideas.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I cannot let this go can I? Then again that's what happens when you have some ideas.

Anyway these ideas are about a final boss that's been in my mind for awhile. I had an idea where the final boss would be a jester character that has two forms.

The first form's introduction would be the same for all the characters by playing to both their weaknesses and emotions. As for what he would look like is where things get weird. I don't have an idea for a default look yet, but playing as a certain character would make the jester take a different form so he can play with their emotions even more.

Here are examples.
If you play as either King or Fox, the jester would take the form of Joel.
If you play as either Spike or Volant, he would take the form of Winter.

The second form would be his jester form and it's pretty straight forward. Just beat him and you'll get the characters ending. As for what he would look like would be this: Image
As for his moves, I'll let you guys come up with that one.

So, what do you guys think
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I like the idea of him forming into the character that most suits what the fighting character fears, like King for Bino or Bailey for King. Maybe in this first form, he can copy the skills or moves of the character he becomes as well...?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The final boss is a super villain created by Peanut gone rogue thanks to Tarot's powers.

A Jester? Possibly. But playing off of the pet's fears is odd, I find. A Housepets fighting game about fighting someone that knows your weakness and emotions? Or fighting something that just got silly and out of hand?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Interesting, but i think it would be forced sometimes for the cast limits. I mean, if a chara's not in the cast and it represent the fear of another chara, we would be forced to put in a final boss not greatly related to the role of "weaknesses"... at least i guess, but the idea's still interesting and fits the idea of a final boss
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Argent

Post by Argent »

King costumes:

Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Gren

Post by Gren »

Argent wrote:King costumes:
You mean battle suits.
ImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Fox's ultimate attack! Knee capping Bino :D
Baily used FACE! And I'm not sure about anyone else, I guess Grape could just be uber violent?
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I have noticed that characters will have good and bad endings, this is hard to pull off in a fighting game due to the lack of moral choices am i right? I say we should have it so that before you beat a character, you have 5 seconds to choose to do a T.K.O or show mercy. If theres more of one type of win than the other, you will get the good or bad ending based on the characters morals. A good example would be Spike; mercy- forgets his bad past and lives life w/Primo T.K.O-well, Primo in his current life :(
ImageImageImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I feel like making a 2d game with the characters going through the Temple (it changes all the time so meh) or making a word doc game (would take ages, I will require time travel or subjective time awareness) although my skills in either area are, how should I say, Sub-par.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Kyuubi brings p a good point. I've been drawing the attacks of Peanut from GameCobra's discription (tnx for that) and I think making sprites for them would take me like a week or two. Now imagine that with about 40 characters :? (33 playable). I think we should take out characters that aren't commonly used as main characters in archs like Rex or Marvin, but keep fan favorites in this category like Fiddler and Keys or Daisy.Also, there should only be two fanfic characters per mentioned fan fics (at max).
ImageImageImageImage
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

...um... :shock:

I thought this was only going to be theoretically speaking, I don't think Saturn ment we were ACTUALLY making a game...
-----------
On anothe note, the opening of the game should be something like a logo( Housepets!) gag, with it randomly choosing a (playable and charcters associated like with Joey, Squeak, and Cadence) character to do it each time.

For example:

Tarot: You see the Housepets! logo just sitting on a table, when Tarot walks on screen, she then gets a shot of only her, when she transforms into S.D. like she did here. Cut backto the logo, who just stares, then screams for about 3 seconds before passing out. The camera then shows a very sheepish looking S.D. .

Lester: The logo is in Joey's doghoue, when suddenly a crazed laughter(belonging to Kammottava) is heard, causing the logo to panic. Then, a green cat(Mint) with a hockey mask and machete jumps in front of it, scaring the logo and causing it to run away. Kammottava the drags a (rather bored)Lester to the middle of the screen, then runs out of the screen view, with Mint doing the same. Lester, now alone, looks at both sides of the screen before letting out a sigh, then pulls out a manga(with an unspecfied cover or name) and sits down, reading it.

Max & Penut: The logo's on the grass, then Max appears on the screen. He then performs twisted limits, switching his and the (now confused)logo's color screen. An orange Max then hears something, and goes behind the logo. Penut then runs across the screen, chasing a ball. Max pokes his head above the (now EXTREMELY CONFUSED) logo, then lets out a releived sigh.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

But would you object to actually making a game if it was decent, had special attacks and comedy in it? ;)
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Nope, I would cheer the makers on all the way!! :D

I'm just saying that actually DRAWING the sprites, as of now because only one character has been given a moveset so far, seems a bit much...especially since with OCs(like Mint for example) that are only given basic description( by basic, I mean not knowing things like height, body structure, and EYE COLOR because it was never an important detail) you would probably have to ask the creators of said OCs to give a rather detailed descriptions...
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Yeah, I know. I've just had nothing to draw at the moment and I wanted to take a break on the game I'm currently making, so when I heard about this I was like, "Hmm, that sounds awsome. I wanna see what that would look like!" So I drew the basic movement,(Haven't actualy drawn PEANUT doing it... just the skelital drawing thing). But yes, for OC's that haven't been shown/only described, the (hypothetical) animators would have to (hypotheticaly) ask the creators.
ImageImageImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

sadly I cannot draw. Really not even, like, a Stick person. My computer skills are also sub-par but I have an imagination so powerful it renders Peanut's obsolete. Feel free to make an awesome adventure/quest game based on the comic though Chaoko. :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

This actually sounds really interesting. But if I'm going to play a fighting game on PC, I would really like to get a Joypad, as there are a few other fighters I've seen that seem really interesting. Any recommended brands.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Ok so I get the gist of making sprites now, much easier with proper systems. I could animate them too but that is difficult. At best AI could make an amateur Android/IPod game so far but that would still require me to dedicate lots of time to it, which I don't have.
Maybe when I get some free time I can help a bit?
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Yeah, I'd help more too, but I'm WAY too busy. I'm even working on my own game at the moment, but if we need animated sprites I can try to see to it whenever I have time... in other words, I'll have a sprite done in the next 3-4 months :lol: .
Although for programming, we'd have to have someone experienced with making a fighting game. It seems to be more complicated than most other game types.
ImageImageImageImage
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Yeah I took a quick look at that too, it turned out much more difficult than side scrolling games like Megaman. But does anyone here have that kind of experience?
ZeroTheFated

Post by ZeroTheFated »

Wow you thought of everything. That's awesome.
I Am Someone...
Someone who lives...
Someone who loves...
Someone You Can Trust...
I Am That Little Speck of DARKNESS to HELP YOU See Through The Brightest Light...
I Am Your Eternal Friend!
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

It's been awhile, hasn't it? Well basically I decided to update this to make some edits on some things like characters and music. Also since some have some great ideas with Tails of Babylon, I'd like to see some ideas for this one.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Honestly, I'm surprised by two things; that you brought this up again, and that Nue/Olde isn't in the lists anywhere :lol:
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

IT LIVES! :o
Well, it might be a bit hard since a lot of the people who would help this project are all busy with HP!ToB. :?
Honestly though, you've come up with a lot of good ideas already! The only things that need some ideas are the costumes really (everyone that had a shadow in HPToB should have a shadow costume ;) ).
Though the way you had it set up, I imagine the story would be like a soul calibur kinda thing where depending on who you play as you fight either Pete or Dragon?
D-Rock wrote:Honestly, I'm surprised by two things; that you brought this up again, and that Nue/Olde isn't in the lists anywhere :lol:
If you get to past all 30 characters in survival, you Fight Nue and Olde 8-) :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

And to fight Barghest, win three rounds with a perfect, no continues, wait for a background element to show up in a specific stage, don't block at all, and perform a finisher.

Basically like fighting Akuma in SF2T or Reptile in MK1.

I would be AMAZED if anyone did that.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

...we should low key put something like that in the game and just act like it's a rumor for the longest time and wait for the one person to do it like, a year later, and be just watch as people freak out over it. :lol:

Edit: you also have to shoot all the names in the end credits :P
ImageImageImageImage
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I've looked over this idea for awhile, and actually have planned to try to make a fighting game... Of course after ToB. Like Chaoko said, most people who would work on this are busy on ToB. It's too soon to say anything, but would it be possible for this to be "Team Babylon"'s second project?
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I can't provide anything, though. I'm still pretty much exclusively weapons due to my skill level. Best I can do is ideas (again).

Also, loving "Team Babylon." :D
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

I was wondering what are name was as a team. And yeah, I'd be down for working on the art and sprites for this game along with the others when we finish HP!ToB :D .
ImageImageImageImage
GreatKitsune

Post by GreatKitsune »

Just found this. Interesting idea. Not really my style, tho', but I could try it. After TOB and with interruption from HP!A! (if it picks back up), of course.
Hello, low order beings!

Community Involvement, peepoll!
Someone wise once wrote:I wish I could ride a magical girl's purple flying unicorn to Narnia through Lebouff's Shire, the land of trololol.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

After 87 years, all it took was 3 days of procrastinating to produce this.
Development on Tails of Babylon is still underway, but I did this to prove that we actually could do this. This will be done after Tails of Babylon.
Why couldn't I be this lazy when we were actually working on this am I right? :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Oooh, this looks cool, great work Chaoko! :D Eh, there's a lot of work to do ahead you, but this start looks really promising. :)
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Great job Chaoko! Peanut looks nice. :D
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Looks great! Three days for an idle animation?

Well, this would take an incredibly long time just for one character.

Next up, do we want to make this in the same "canon" as Tails of Babylon, like how Persona 4 did?
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

Wow, neat! Hey, is that the celestial bridge thingy from the first ToB demo? I remember it being in space and having glass-panel floors.

Also, if we were to make it canon it'd have to be a separate arc in a sense, but maybe with a few tie-ins kind of like D-Rock is suggesting with Persona 4 and Persona 4 Arena.
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?