Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Keeshah
Game Master

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by Keeshah »

Hlaoroo wrote:Come now. Ganging up on us poor, defenceless, fluffy rabbits? Shame on you! :lol:

you forgot tasty!! ;P
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

*grumbles* Fine! Poor, defenceless, fluffy tas- Wait! What???? :o
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Yeah, it's the last week of the semester, meaning I'm finishing classes and getting set up for summer touring, among other things. At this point, I barely have enough time for myself, and that's why you guys have seen a drop off in my posting rate for the past month. I should be back in a week...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'm in my last month of this semester. Regardless, I WILL try to be on as much as possible, but the closer it gets to mid-May, the busier I'll be. I apologize in advance.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

And i havent posted here in a while. To catch up ill say hi and welcome roo. Cool being a rabbit hope you have agood time in the forums.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Just to clarify, is the time elapsing for our characters in the IC thread supposed to be about equivalent to the rate of passage in our world? Or can we sort of speed things along a bit if necessary? This is just for future reference, just by the way.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Time for characters is completely unrelated to real world time. Things can go at a normal-paced, post-by-post crawl for them, or jump forward a few minutes, hours, or weeks, depending on need...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Thanks. =)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Seth wrote:So I know this is kind of out of the blue but I’m taking a break from the forums for an indeterminate period. When I joined way back when this forum was a place to kill time and make some friends but at this point in my life I’ve just ceased to take any enjoyment out of it and I’m just not willing to put the time in anymore. I’ve changed a lot over the past two years and this just isn’t a place where I really feel like a part of the community anymore. That mixed with my waning interest in the RP section makes this an easy decision for me. There isn’t any one incident or person responsible for this it’s just something that’s been developing over the past months and it’s finally come to a head. I would love it if the friends I’ve made keep in touch. If you don’t have a way to contact me and want one my skype it’s in the skype thread. Look it up there or just pm me if you really need/want some way to contact me after I stop checking the forum.

I hate to do this to everyone, especially after you guys elected me a mod, but I’m just not really into it anymore. I thought that being a mod would pull me back in but it didn’t. Sorry if my little foray into mod-ship messes anything up around the RP section, though to be fair I had a couple mods explicitly tell me they would rather see Esper win during the election so I doubt I’ll be missed that much once someone steps up and takes my place. For all the players in Applegate sorry to ditch you guys I trust you’ll either find a new GM or just let the neighborhood die. Either way good luck to you. As far as any of my characters go anyone who is so inclined can take them over either on a permanent basis or long enough to get them out of the story. Or just let them disappear. I don’t really care either way.
Brent has asked me to repost me goodbye/resignation for those of you who don't check the not the comic section. so here it is.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

aw man , well I guess all I can say is good bye and good luck to you seth , hopefully you'll randomly appear back in here in the near future ^^
valerio

Post by valerio »

this is indeed a sad day, Seth. Your coolness and your cool character will be sorely missed. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Remember that you're free to come back to BPS whenever you want to.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

@Seth D: D: D: D: D: Aw. Farewell Seth! I'm sure you'll be welcome back any time!
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Aw, See you around. I guess...
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Not to sound to demanding but Exotic Acres is in need of some fresh members or RP'ers to join and help EA stay alive. We used to have 10 members now we are down to 5 with 1 waiting to join. So If anyone is interested in joining that would be much appreciated for them to submit a character sheet in EA's OOC after reading the opening post in that board.

And for you new people here is a link to go there: http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 10#p339010
Yes, I am a furry.
valerio

Post by valerio »

sorry for the delay, being at a friend's. Will be posting tonight.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Here's my 2 new characters for Exotic Acres:

Name: Jake Jackson
Type: Main
Species: Eastern Grey Kangaroo
Neighbourhood: Exotic Acres
Appearance: Jake is 6’2” tall and tips the scales at 58kg (116lb) which is pretty average for an Eastern Grey Kangaroo. His fur is a light greyish brown with a slightly darker stripe running down his spine from between his ears to the tip of his tail. His collar is dark brown, well worn leather with a tag in the shape of a dark green gum leaf which curves to the left. He carries a canvas backpack in which can often be found useful bits and bobs such as a Swiss army knife, a flint and tinder, some string or rope, a small first-aid kit, a tin of pellets to chew to drive away the munchies, a canteen of water, and a compass. He always wears a grey akubra, except of course at the dinner table because that would be rude.
Personality: Friendly and instantly likeable, Jake also has a mischievous streak which he shares with his twin brother, Joey. Fortunately he also has the smarts to know when a joke has gone too far. He enjoys being active, hiking, camping, orienteering and teasing Joey.
Other notes: Collectively known as the JJ’s, Jake and Joey have the unusual distinction of being twin kangaroos. Having grown up in the Australian Outback, Jake is an expert in survival although he feels a little out of his depth, having only recently been captured and sent to a struggling zoo in America with Joey. Unfortunately they were not enough of a drawcard as a nearby zoo already had several Red Kangaroos and the zoo folded. Having found themselves out on the street, Jake and Joey moved to Exotic Acres on the advice of a friendly meerkat who was quickly shipped off to another zoo and have settled in with a young man who is obsessed with anything Australian. The brothers are very close and would do anything for each other although you’d be hard-pressed to guess it what with the ribbing they give each other.
SPECIAL: S7, P5, E6, C7, I7, A6, L4

Name: Joey Jackson
Type: Main
Species: Eastern Grey Kangaroo
Neighbourhood: Exotic Acres
Appearance: Identical to his twin brother, Jake, right down to the akubra. Joey doesn’t wear a backpack though, and the gumleaf on his collar curves to the right.
Personality: Also friendly and likeable, although his mischievous streak runs a little deeper than Jake’s. Although this sometimes gets him into trouble, Joey knows that Jake will help him out of any scrapes he might find himself in. Joey would like to think he’s the stronger and smarter of the two, but really there’s no difference between them. He also enjoys the outdoorsy activities which Jake is fond of.
Other notes: Joey is the younger brother but, as he keeps reminding Jake, only by five minutes.

Here's a pic of what Eastern Greys look like.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

I don't believe it for a minute! Those aren't real Akubra hats, no way could a kangaroo afford that!
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

*shrugs* They got lucky in an op shop. It was part of a gimmick the zoo was doing. They gave the pandas Ruqun and Zhiduo, the bison Indian headdresses, the peacocks turbans, the camels fezzes, the bald eagles Uncle Sam hats, the chihuahuas sombreros, the lions painted sheilds, you get the picture. It was all very stereotypical and offensive and was part of the reason the zoo went bankrupt and was shut down. The roos liked their hats though and decided to keep them.
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

CrystallineWolf

Post by CrystallineWolf »

Oh! I wasn't aware you had to post characters here as well! Time to remedy that.
I saw that you needed more characters...may I be allowed to join?

-Name-
Echo Langston

-Character Type-
main character

-Species-
Maltese Liger (blue/grey lion-tiger hybrid)

-Age-
5 (in human years, which would make her 17 in pet years)

-Gender-
female

-Neighborhood-
Exotic Acres

-Appearance-
Echo is a large, and stands taller than most other big cats and wolves (she's smaller than a grizzly though). She is lean, with a bit of muscle, and her fur is a stormy grey-blue, with a white muzzle and belly, along with her toes. Her stripes are black and erratic, becoming strong around her eyes, back, legs and tail, but fading everywhere else.Her eyes are golden brown. Her tail has a black tuft on the end; She has a thick leather collar with a metal buckle and round brass tag. Echo's father made a backpack with a harness for when she decides to go in a full out run, so you'll often see her wearing that.

-Personality-
Echo is quiet, and is really rather new to how things work outside a zoo. She is willing to help out others, but mostly lets more dominant personalities lead the way. She likes to read and watch documentaries(from scientific to historic to technologic), but is too shy to try and strike up an intelligent conversation with anyone but her dad. She will get frustrated at someone who tries to bully other people around, but it doesn't even occur to her to use brute strength to solve problems. Common sense hasn't led her wrong so far, so her complete and utter loyalty is hard to achieve. Echo isn't a goody-two shoes though; her personality is still capable of sneaking and lying (as well as stealing ice cream).

-Other Notes-
Echo was born in a zoo, which shut down after it lost popularity. Most of the other exhibits didn't know what to make of her, considering she grew rapidly and kept mostly to herself after her mother died. Some of them even bullied her into serving them, or staying out of sight when visitors came to the zoo. When the animals were being sold, she was then given a home by the young Dr. Eric Langston, who promptly introduced her to ice cream and beef jerky, and developed a close relationship with the kind African-American. Dr. Langston himself is a zoologist, as well as a developing linguist, and with many job opportunities, he just couldn't tear himself away from Echo to try and find a high paying job in a city that wouldn't accept such a big animal. His brother (a real estate guy) suggested Exotic Acres, and he happily accepted.

Eric and Echo live in a one story house, with a large backyard that has two big oaks before giving into jungle landscape. The kitchen is large, but Eric likes to live modestly, so the rest of the house is fair sized. They string up hammocks between the oaks and take Saturday afternoon naps together.

Langston and Echo like to watch Shark Week while munching on beef jerky. They argue over whether the cookie cutter, the great white, or the whale shark is cooler.

Echo loves medieval weaponry- she plays with a miniature catapult sometimes.

Echo also draws as a pastime, and keeps her art pencils and sketchpad in her backpack, along with any books she might be reading.

She likes classical and contemporary music, and will sometimes sing along- not in front of anyone of course (she's convinced she sounds like a dying marsh-mellow)!

Echo doesn't believe in luck

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 9 (I don't want to hurt anyone though...)

Perception- 6 (I can focus, unless I'm geeking out.)

Endurance- 8 (I can't go on forever!)

Charisma- 3 (I'm not the leader type.)

Intelligence- 8 (so much to learn, so little time!)

Agility- 5 (I'm not the best of the best, but I'm not the worst.)

Luck- 3 (I'm not stupid enough to walk under ladders anyway.)

font is this color
Help me become a better writer! Visit Roth & Korrigan and leave me a review!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Name: Memaw Natnak Logan, or "Whiskers"

Species: Binturong

Age: 14 (Binturongs are fairly long lived for small carnivores, so this is probably not 'adult' for the HP! equivalent)

Neighborhood: Exotic Acres

-Appearance-
Big burly bear-like creature with outrageous feathery whiskers that can look almost like a grey moustache and a long prehensile tail. He wears a red and gold batik scarf that almost covers his tags.

He smells like popcorn, and like most of his species is almost as cuddly as he looks.

-Personality-
Slow, deliberate, as a result seems older than he really is. He's also a voracious and eclectic reader, with a vivid and impractical imagination. This is not always a great combination.

His name was given by his American family who looked words up in a Thai dictionary, and were kind of lazy about spelling them. His original name at the zoo was "Velcro" because of his tendency as a cub to hold on tightly to people carrying him, but he never liked it and when he was sold to an elderly childless couple he was happy to get a new name... even if "Memaw" sounds like a kitten.

History: he grew up in a private zoo in Michigan that, like much of the region, suffered badly from the collapse of the US auto industry. One by one the zoo's animals were sold off to collectors and then simply as expensive exotic pets to make up for the lack of box office receipts. And of course the zoo occasionally had to skimp on proper nutrition and other expensive care, though since the binturong is an omnivore this wasn't actually dangerous for him... just unpleasant.

The last five years with the Logans has been a huge contrast to his early life, and he's absolutely devoted to them... in a slow, deliberate, and cuddly fashion.

S - 8
P - 5
E - 7
C - 5
I - 6
A - 6
L - 5

Edit: "This color" #004070
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

CrystallineWolf wrote:Oh! I wasn't aware you had to post characters here as well!
It's not a big deal as long as it's somewhere, and you make sure whichever copy you're linking in your signature and in the neighborhood's member-list is kept up to date...
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hey there guys! Just wanted to say that there is a total number of 1 spot(s) left in the Terra Ridge SRP and the window for joining is closing soon. If your interested, please drop by the TR OOC page and make a character.

~Thanks ^_^
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Character sheet

-Name-
Ryyn Evern

-Character Type-
Main character

-Species-
Dog (German Shepherd)

-Gender-
Male

-Age-
18 in pet years

-Neighborhood-
Richmond Acres

-Appearance-
Like most German Shepherds his fur is a light brown with dark brown fur on his muzzle, ears, and down the length of his back. The collar he wears is black with a shield shaped dog tag. He has kind brown eyes and his build is that of a runner, slim and fit. He is sometimes seen wearing a scarf around his neck if weather permits.

-Personality-
Kind and Loyal about sums up the main attributes of Ryyn. He is often perceived as shy for his at times quiet nature. Once other pets take the time to know him he becomes quiet open towards them. When out in the open with friends he is quiet the active pet but his private life is much different. When alone he often finds enjoyment out of reading a simple book.

-Other Notes-
Originally from a small town Ryyn is going to need some time to adjust to the city life. He has only a dad and his dad just happens to a more studious type. This is actually where he gets his love of reading from. Much to his regret his dad rarely goes outside to play with him. All the same he cares a lot about him.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 4

Perception- 6

Endurance- 6

Charisma- 7

Intelligence- 8

Agility- 8

Luck- 3
Like shadows upon the wall you see only the action, not the reason behind it.

Character sheet for Riley Breen
http://www.housepetscomic.com/forums/vi ... 57#p503857
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

That looks great, aside from one point:
sunauto wrote:Originally from a small town Ryyn is going to need some time to adjust to the city life.
RA is set in the countryside, not the city. The only PF that was set in the city was YsF, and that's gone....
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

How do you pronounce that name? Is it like Flynn or like Ryan? Or like Rhine?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

editing right now I forgot to change that part about the city it was a place holder. And the name is pronounced Rin

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

Character sheet

-Name-
Ryyn Evern

-Character Type-
Main character

-Species-
Dog (German Shepherd)

-Gender-
Male

-Age-
18 in pet years

-Neighborhood-
Richmond Acres

-Appearance-
Like most German Shepherds his fur is a light brown with dark brown fur on his muzzle, ears, and down the length of his back. The collar he wears is black with a shield shaped dog tag. He has kind brown eyes and his build is that of a runner, slim and fit. He is sometimes seen wearing a scarf around his neck if weather permits.

-Personality-
Kind and Loyal about sums up the main attributes of Ryyn. He is often perceived as shy for his at times quiet nature. Once other pets take the time to know him he becomes quiet open towards them. When out in the open with friends he is quiet the active pet but his private life is much different. When alone he often finds enjoyment out of reading a simple book.

-Other Notes-
Originally from a small town Ryyn is going to need some time to adjust to a new life style. He has only a dad and his dad just happens to a more studious type. This is actually where he gets his love of reading from. Much to his regret his dad rarely goes outside to play with him. All the same he cares a lot about him.

-SPECIAL-

Strength- 4

Perception- 6

Endurance- 6

Charisma- 7

Intelligence- 8

Agility- 8

Luck- 3

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

So like "Bin" or "Tin" but with an "R"? That's cool. Ryyn seems like a nice character. Welcome abord. You'll need to get Esper's permission before you join but after that you can jump in and start posting. To do that, repost this character sheet in the Richmond Acres page, or just link to it here, and ask to join. :)

One other note. The mods don't like double posting. If you look at the top right-paw corner of your post you'll see an "edit" button so you can fix your posts. The mods much rather you use that. ;)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

sunauto

Post by sunauto »

realized the edit after, used to it being at the bottom, I have it linked in my signature but will do.

hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

My 2 main character sheets

Name: Pyre Flynn (Pyro)

Character Type: Main

Species: Singapura (Cat)

Neighborhood:Richmond Acres

Appearance: Pyre has black fur with ice blue eyes, and blue stripes on his back. The blue stripes on his back form an "x". He has a red collar with a Dream Eater symbol hanging from it. He has a scar right below his right eye. He also wears a green bandanna.

Personality: He is a shy person and doesn't care what you do as long as it doesn't involve hurting anyone. He can usually figure out puzzles in under a minute. He's always around Ryze. He's very protective of his friends. When Pyre's excited about something, he won't shut up about it for a week.

Other Notes: The Dream Eater symbol on his collar changes colors with his mood.

SPECIAL:
Strength:5
Perception:5
Endurance:6
Charisma:5
Intelligence:9
Agility:6
Luck:6

Name: Ryze Flynn (Ry)

Species: Egyptian Mau

Neighborhood: Richmond Acres

Appearance: She has gray fur with black spots everywhere except on her back, where there are red stripes. Her right eye is yellow, the left is green. She wears black gloves on her paws. She has a white spot around her left eye. Her collar is blue with a Pokeball attached to it.

Personality: She is basically the opposite of Pyre. She is outgoing and can make friends easily. She is always hanging around Pyre. She can find items easily and can remember where they are for a couple days after she had found them. Like Pyre she is very protective of her friends.

Other Notes: The Pokeball on her collar has a stuffed Absol inside it.

SPECIAL:
Strength:4
Perception:9
Endurance:4
Charisma:8
Intelligence:7
Agility:5
Luck:5
Last edited by hypernovatic on Sat May 04, 2013 8:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Eh... Looks a little sparse to me... You should add more description...

Also, you need to pick a neighborhood...
Argent

Post by Argent »

I'm a pretty serious animal geek and I had to look up "singapura". You probably need to at least point out that it's a kind of cat.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Ok
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
WeirdGamer

Post by WeirdGamer »

-Name-
Lucky Richardson the Third, Esquire

-Character Type-
Main Character

-Species-
A rabbit, specifically an English Lop.

-Age-
18 (A little over 5 human years)

-Neighborhood-
Richmond Acres

-Appearance-
Lucky is light brown with a white stomach and chest. His ear, of course, are long and droop down to a little past his waist. He often ties them in a sort of pony tail to keep them from moving around too much. He wears a black collar with a small (plastic) white rabbit foot hanging from it.

-Personality-
Lucky doesn't live up to his name and knows it. Bad luck always follows him, frustrating him to no end. But he always keeps on going, helped by his incredible endurance, both physically and mentally. Emotionally not so much. He is very nervous and a worry wort, but is in fact very brave, doing daring things. Just expect to hear a lot of screaming while he does them. He is also very determined. The words “give” and “up” just don't go together in his mind.

-Other Notes-
A big fan of rock music.

His full name is longer. Much longer.

His parents are somewhat on the older side, getting married late. They never had kids so they adopted Lucky.

He likes photography as a hobby.

-SPECIAL-
STR-5
PER-8
END-10
CHA-4
INT-7
AGI-6
LUC-2
My RP Characters and their Voice Claims

I also write stories about kids getting into hi-jinks in a scouting organization. Read them here!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

*taps fingers on desk*

Sure, a slow moving roleplay that I leave cause it's too slow for me is suddenly floodded with new players.

Am I a bad role player to get along with?
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:*taps fingers on desk*

Sure, a slow moving roleplay that I leave cause it's too slow for me is suddenly floodded with new players.

going to bring the cougar back?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Keeshah wrote:

I'm trying to get them settled over in Blue Peak Shore. So unless they get thrown off there I have no plans on bringing them back to RA.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

awww that's a shame , but ah well , and it's just a conquincidence that we newbies joined in a short while after you left , don't worry about it :mrgreen:
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

xhunterko wrote:
Keeshah wrote:

I'm trying to get them settled over in Blue Peak Shore. So unless they get thrown off there I have no plans on bringing them back to RA.
20+ posts per day now in RA :mrgreen:
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I apologize, but I'm going to have to disappear starting friday and I'll be back a week later. I gots finals and stuff. :<