2013/04/29 - They Make The Dog

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Re: 2013/04/29 - They Make The Dog

Post by TheOne »

serence ice fox wrote: ... why do you think cameron's filming her instead of king to begin with ? :twisted:
Um...?
Obbl wrote: Ah, King. Such a guy. :lol:
And go, Rick, playing with those mirror angles. Pretty slick :D
Playing with the angles is right. Something just looks... off. (And I'm not talking about the dress. Maybe it's how Bailey seems to have more of an "hourglass" shape in the mirror, which is moreso than *brick'd*)
GameCobra wrote:Secret agent suits make the best wedding suits for men.

Can't wait to see the flower girl version of the dress.
Since it seems to fit her, I thought that *was* the flower-girl version. (Quick tip: if you don't want to hassle about trying on clothes in the dressing room, hold a pair of pants up about where you'll wear them normally. Place your index finger inside them with all buttons closed and zippers up. If they fit halfway around your waist almost exactly, they'll make a good fit around. Now, as far as 'relaxed fit' or 'skinny' or whatever-the-heck type you get, that's up to you to figure out what you like best.)

And I don't know about the "secret agent" suit thing. Personally, if I ever find a lady that I want enough and the same one wants me... I'll be wearing my Boscobel High School Concert Band uniform. (Best $20 I ever spent. The year I graduated... nevermind, too far off-topic...)
TarkaTarquol wrote:That's not right! That's just... not... right! *cringe

Bailey doesn't look good in a dress... Though I can at least laugh at King and his predicament.
I think she looks good in that one. She just needs some accessories... like her neckerchief (OH carp WHAT AM I SAYING!?)
TarkaTarquol wrote:And now I'm wondering how many people are going to hate me after today...
I don't hate you, it's just that sometimes you say mean things...great, now I've got "The Little Rascals" in my head...

...Now, my own comments...
It's nice to finally see some more of what "Cameron" looks like. We now can safely assume he rides a motorcycle, right? (the hair...Mohawk?)
And did anyone else mistake Fox for Bailey in the 2nd panel? The first couple times I looked at it, I thought he was her. Then I noticed the suit he was holding in his paw(hand?) and also noticed...wrong shade of grey. At first, I was seeing this thought coming from 'Bailey' in the second panel: "Okay, maybe he doesn't know as much about clothing as I first thought." If it was her, it would kindof fit the expression.
Also, at first I didn't realize that the 2nd Bailey in panel 1 was Bailey in a mirror. I thought it was simply a later reaction shot of another dress. (I use a projector on a textured wall to view the internet, and sometimes details look a hint fuzzy.)
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Gren

Post by Gren »

I understand you Bailey, why weddings have to be so complicated? (and more boring than a funeral XD)
You know Bailey, you wouldn't be going through all these complications if King would have chosen marry with you in Las Vegas. :lol:

P.S.: I know it's silly, but this is the first time I noticed the change of style in King's collar (back time was circular and now it's square)
ImageImage
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

guess what gren , I've never noticed that before myself 0.o
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Nor did I. Rick pulls the wool over our eyes yet again. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

I noticed it, but with all the other changes in the new artwork it didn't seem worth commenting about.

And I still prefer the more studied design of v2 over the smooshed v1 or sketchy v3.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
jrh150482

Post by jrh150482 »

Bailey does look pretty in the dress, I must say. And King... well... I'm sure he's going to look absolutely handsome in that little-kid-Halloween-costume... *snickers*

Oh, and Cameron... FILMING A FEMALE TRYING ON CLOTHES?! NOT COOL, YOU DIRTY PERV!!!
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Awww, poor King. He's so small, he has to wear a child size tuxedo :(
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

jrh150482 wrote:Bailey does look pretty in the dress, I must say. And King... well... I'm sure he's going to look absolutely handsome in that little-kid-Halloween-costume... *snickers*

Oh, and Cameron... FILMING A FEMALE TRYING ON CLOTHES?! NOT COOL, YOU DIRTY PERV!!!
Bailey certainly does look beautiful I that dress. ;)
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

jrh150482 wrote: Oh, and Cameron... FILMING A FEMALE TRYING ON CLOTHES?! NOT COOL, YOU DIRTY PERV!!!
He's under orders to raise the ratings. Ferret director, don'cha know?
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I don't like the frilly flower things going along the dress, but it looks good. She could pull it off.

Hey, it says 5 - 7. That is rather large for a corgi! :roll:

I just want to see Bailey's face if she ever goes back and looks at the footage of King grabbing his tux.

I have never and will never own a tux... I would rather buy a nice suit that I can always wear... what I did for prom way back in the day. 6 years ago and all....
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

I actually had to rent a Tux for a concert that was yesterday. I feel weird in one until there are others around me in them. X3

I at least have a decent suit and tie get-up for other occasions. I hate ties...
Gren

Post by Gren »

You know, it would be awesome if the bridesmaid is actually Duchess. How would be King's face? He surely pulls out a shovel from nowhere. :lol:

By the way, what's exactly mean the title of this strip? :?:
ImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Clothes make the man".

Oops, that could be embarrassing if taken too literally.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Secret.... agent man!
Secret.... agent man!
A gryphon gave you a collar
and took away your name!
(I don't know the rest of the song. :cry: )
Gbr23 wrote:She looks lovely in those dresses
She looks like she has breasts in those dresses. Me no like!
Gren wrote:You know, it would be awesome if the bridesmaid is actually Duchess. How would be King's face? He surely pulls out a shovel from nowhere.

By the way, what's exactly mean the title of this strip?
Man, that'd be a plot twist!
The strip's title is a reference to the old phrase "The tunic doesn't make the priest." Which also exists in spanish.
By the way, good call on the collar, Gren! I never noticed until today!
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Wed May 01, 2013 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

copper wrote:I don't like the frilly flower things going along the dress, but it looks good. She could pull it off.

I just want to see Bailey's face if she ever goes back and looks at the footage of King grabbing his tux.

I have never and will never own a tux... I would rather buy a nice suit that I can always wear... what I did for prom way back in the day. 6 years ago and all....
Wow. Mod at 24. Nice job.
i'm 13 so I still have a chance.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Legotron123 wrote:
copper wrote:I don't like the frilly flower things going along the dress, but it looks good. She could pull it off.

I am an old man.... some mods got the position at 16. :lol:

I just want to know what Fox got... he probably is too big for the same age King got, so I wonder what age group Fox's tux is...
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

copper wrote:
Legotron123 wrote:

I am an old man.... some mods got the position at 16. :lol:

I just want to know what Fox got... he probably is too big for the same age King got, so I wonder what age group Fox's tux is...
Shoot. Now I'm going to have to work even harder. Which method would you recommend? Being nice and helpful, or using blackmail and bribery?
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

While this does not pertain to the topic of discussion, I would be happy to answer your question. We seek to employ members who've demonstrated an ability to interact well with others, are committed to the forums (meaning you don't have to have a huge post count, but posting regularly is important), and do not violate major rules with any kind of regularity. Promotions are based on current need and candidates may be nominated and elected by members or chosen by current staff and confirmed by popular vote.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Dissension wrote:While this does not pertain to the topic of discussion, I would be happy to answer your question. We seek to employ members who've demonstrated an ability to interact well with others, are committed to the forums (meaning you don't have to have a huge post count, but posting regularly is important), and do not violate major rules with any kind of regularity. Promotions are based on current need and candidates may be nominated and elected by members or chosen by current staff and confirmed by popular vote.
Thanks for the longer explanation though the blackmail thing was a joke.

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I'm pretty sure I'm never getting to become a mod. Too many brokn rules daily.

Also, I really hope those dresses get redesigned because otherwise Bailey would end up looking like tiny, hairy woman with a dog's face.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

RioluNation

Post by RioluNation »

Silly Zealot wrote:Also, I really hope those dresses get redesigned because otherwise Bailey would end up looking like tiny, hairy woman with a dog's face.
Well not necessarily. Although her fur will look flattened when she changes out of it. She can just shake and be back to normal. Know what I mean?
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D
TheOne

Post by TheOne »

RioluNation wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Also, I really hope those dresses get redesigned because otherwise Bailey would end up looking like tiny, hairy woman with a dog's face.
Well not necessarily. Although her fur will look flattened when she changes out of it. She can just shake and be back to normal. Know what I mean?
You mean like an Afro? Will anyone get soaked in the process? (So many commercials come to mind... or Marley & Me previews)
Sansash

Post by Sansash »

The title is a reference to my very favorite Mark Twain quote. "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
:mrgreen:
Well I guess it was in Hamlet, too. The first part.
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

Did anyone notice that Fox and King's tuxedos are only half there! ( I know HP anthros don't wear pants, but what costume stores DON'T GIVE YOU THE PANTS!?! ) XD
ImageImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

With my tux the pants are on the hanger inside the jacket so you can't really see them until you actually start taking things off the hanger. I'd assume it's the same here.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

jrh150482

Post by jrh150482 »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
jrh150482 wrote: Oh, and Cameron... FILMING A FEMALE TRYING ON CLOTHES?! NOT COOL, YOU DIRTY PERV!!!
Still not cool. 'Cause Bailey's going to do this to Cameron in about 3 seconds...
Attachments
Bino gets pwned.png
Bino gets pwned.png (80.07 KiB) Viewed 17116 times
*in Christopher Walken style*

I have a fever... and the only prescription... is more Kingley!
CHAOKOCartoons
Banner Artist
Location: On this 3 dimensional shape we call "The place we happen to exist I guess?"

Post by CHAOKOCartoons »

jrh150482 wrote:
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Still not cool. 'Cause Bailey's going to do this to Cameron in about 3 seconds...
"You mean, IF she finds out"
ImageImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

With the way Bailey punches I think I'd rather fight Pete than her!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sansash wrote:The title is a reference to my very favorite Mark Twain quote. "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
Shakespeare did everything first, so it's all good.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Sleet wrote:
Sansash wrote:The title is a reference to my very favorite Mark Twain quote. "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."
Shakespeare did everything first, so it's all good.
Did Shakespear turned a crazy pseudo-activist guy into a corgi and made him get engaged to a Husky? Did he? Well, DID HE?!

Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Fox's expression seems to say, "Wow...so this is actually happening..."
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

You forgot about nudist colonies.

bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

I love how Bailey is subtly portrayed as being a naked female human here.
No collar yet the way she holds the dress suggests she is hiding things.

Regardless of everything the Miltons are puting them through, Bailey looks beautiful.

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
Argent

Post by Argent »

Silly Zealot wrote: Did Shakespear turned a crazy pseudo-activist guy into a corgi and made him get engaged to a Husky? Did he? Well, DID HE?!
"Reputation, reputation, O I have lost my reputation, I have lost the immortal part of myself and what remains is bestial."

As for that other quote... who do you think invented clothes? I'll tell you who! NAKED PEOPLE!
Greigh

Post by Greigh »

And then for their reception planning, their #1 item will be ... ... ... bottles of orange soda! :D
If you can see this, someone is standing right behind you watching.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Silly Zealot wrote:Did Shakespear turned a crazy pseudo-activist guy into a corgi and made him get engaged to a Husky? Did he? Well, DID HE?!
He did turn a guy into an *** in 'Midsummer's night dream'. All Rick's done is to better that by turning an *** into a King.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Dissension wrote:While this does not pertain to the topic of discussion, I would be happy to answer your question. We seek to employ members who've demonstrated an ability to interact well with others, are committed to the forums (meaning you don't have to have a huge post count, but posting regularly is important), and do not violate major rules with any kind of regularity. Promotions are based on current need and candidates may be nominated and elected by members or chosen by current staff and confirmed by popular vote.
I'd like to be a mod... maybe-ish(I can dream can I?)
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
TheOne

Post by TheOne »

Hlaoroo wrote:With the way Bailey punches I think I'd rather fight Pete than her!
You would rather fight a being that can appear in your dreams, steal your fate, and change your species to one you despise? Good luck with that...
Joshua 24:15(KJV)(last part of verse) "... but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."
Argent wrote:...As for that other quote... who do you think invented clothes? I'll tell you who! NAKED PEOPLE!
Genesis 3:7(KJV) "And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons."

Genesis 3:21(KJV) "Unto Adam also and to his wife did the Lord God make coats of skins, and clothed them."

Anything we can do, God can do better.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Just let him try to change me! Dragon and Tarot will fix that. They gave him a hard enough time after he did it to Joel. Although, granted that time they gave him was relative...
Have you ever heard the expression "Howl hath no fury like a woman scorned"? I'd think that could be extrapolated to females of other species.
No offence to any of you girls out there, by the way. ;) I'm saying how awesome and powerful you are. Especially Bailey. Please don't hunt me down and hurt me.

@TheOne: I agree with you about God; however just be careful posting things like that because this is neither the time nor the place for a religious/theological debate.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

I can't believe that it starred out donkey!

So, Pete is Robin Goodfellow, and Joel is Bottom, so who is Queen Titania? Can't be Spirit Dragon, or else she fell in love with the wrong dog, and Bailey isn't exactly a Faery Queen (she's more of a Valkyrie).