New Spanish Translation

Because there are many

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Re: New Spanish Translation

Post by Obbl »

OK, trasero is a fine word, and we should stop posting other versions of it. Keep the boards clean.

@miguel
I couldn't understand the video very well, but it's a very touching story. Sorry the boy didn't make it.

@Gren
This is one of my favorite arcs. :D
Shytzo

Post by Shytzo »

what about shell? since you're from Argetina Gren, i know that you know what im talking about! :3
smart people are always full of doubts (could be true?)
I used to have a life, until i bought a modem
Gren

Post by Gren »

Shytzo wrote:what about shell? since you're from Argetina Gren, i know that you know what im talking about! :3
No no no, that means another totally different thing. I would never dare to use it here, that's being too foulmouthed. Trust me.
ImageImage
Shytzo

Post by Shytzo »

LOOOL i know xD

i just was kidding :b
smart people are always full of doubts (could be true?)
I used to have a life, until i bought a modem
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

First of all, that word doesn't mean butt.
Second of all that statement was dark and totally uncalled for. I love you forever.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Gren

Post by Gren »

ImageImage
Scampillo

Post by Scampillo »

Je je je "san perro" great. :lol:

And the conflict of King "be or not to be", must be equal to or worse than when you have to choose a career.
Gren

Post by Gren »

48º Arco: Puntos y rayas

------
OFF:

I suppose it's not necessary to said it, but in the case you don't know, "Spot" means "punto" in Spanish as "Stripe" means "raya", and so every joke that involves this words is also a references to their names.
Now I wonder, shouldn't Stripe have stripes on her fur? :?
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Good question. Then again, a creature whose species is described as a "not-cat" tends to be strange sometimes.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Gren

Post by Gren »

Silly Zealot wrote:Good question. Then again, a creature whose species is described as a "not-cat" tends to be strange sometimes.
Good point sir, you certainly hit in the nail, though how much more obvious could become if she has stripes? Yeah, I know, a really silly question XD
ImageImage
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

! haha! worth the wait. Gren, thanks again for the translations, I'll be looking forward to those that are on the way :lol:
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I think the word "¡Acariciemonos!" could be a more accurate and less vague way to translate the frase "Let's snuggle!"
I'm still looking all over the internetz, from Gargle to Whiskypedia, about this fabled species known specifically as "not-cat" but I can't find it. Help, anyone?

Gren

Post by Gren »

Silly Zealot wrote:I think the word "¡Acariciemonos!" could be a more accurate and less vague way to translate the frase "Let's snuggle!"
The problem with that word it's it could involve a bit of sexual matters (it would be a synonymous of the word "apretar" that we use here in Argentina), so I consider it inappropriate for a PG rated comic.
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

"Acurrucarse" could also be given the same meaning.

Gren

Post by Gren »

Well yeah, but I think "acurrucarse" it's a bit more soft than that. I think the difference of this words it's the intensity. Both could involve kisses, cuddles and caresses, but "apretar" or "acaricarse" are all of this with more aggressively (it's different the way of the kisses, and of course touching each other in places like the butt or in private parts), and honestly I highly doubt this is the intention that Rick have for the comic. It's just romance, nothing else. Otherwise I think it would be a very strong image to see for a kid. If he refused to add the smoking issue to the comic, then I think he would never dare to do such a thing, not even implicitly.
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I, at least personally, always thought the word "acariciar" was the softer one.

Gren

Post by Gren »

49º Arco: Unas vacaciones en el zoológico

------
OFF:
Silly Zealot wrote:I, at least personally, always thought the word "acariciar" was the softer one.
Well, I suppose that depends on each person. Generally when I hear the word "acurrurarse" I tend to think it's only intended to lie together, cuddling tightly and just maybe some caresses, nothing else. Of course I'm an open minded person, so if all of you want, tell me which one you prefer and then I'll pick the most selected one.
ImageImage
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

For me (just jumping right into the conversation...Srry for that)
"Acurrucarse" It can be taken as the less...suggestive towards un-pg13 matters.

I loved how you traslated the fight between king and the Nordic Stock kid ^_^

Also... :roll:

Arc 47
Strip 3
second panel of King's Mind XD

"..., ni tampoco tienes continuamente que pensar en lo adorable..."

Wouldn't go better "Ni tampoco tienes que continuamente pensar en lo adorable"

Or "Ni tampoco te la tienes que pasar pensando continuamente en lo adorable"

Just saying.
A moment of enlightenment...aaaaand it's gone
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I vote for my own word.

Me: I vouch for that.
Myself: Me too!
I: So do I!

eagle eye
Location: Transmitiendo en vivo desde el centro de la galaxia, con usds Eagleeee Eyeee!!!

Post by eagle eye »

Or if just doesn't write the world "continuamente"?
Somenthing like "NI tampoco te la tienes que pasar pensando en lo adorable" iit would sound better I think
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

Is just that I think Gren wants to keep the traslation the most intact possible as long as it doesn't jeopardise the meaning of the same.

But certainly, it sounds more natural.

@Silly zealot: This poll is unfair! obviously they are all compromised by the fact they are related to you. also I dont want to lose... :cry:
eagle eye
Location: Transmitiendo en vivo desde el centro de la galaxia, con usds Eagleeee Eyeee!!!

Post by eagle eye »

I understand Gren wants to keep the same meaning, is just that when we are tranlating English to Spanish there are too many situations when the litaral translation doesn't give a good result, are these situations when we need to "interpret" the English language, are these sitations when the English needs to be "interpreted" and no "literally translated" to obtain good or better translations results
Gren

Post by Gren »

eagle eye wrote:I understand Gren wants to keep the same meaning, is just that when we are tranlating English to Spanish there are too many situations when the litaral translation doesn't give a good result, are these situations when we need to "interpret" the English language, are these sitations when the English needs to be "interpreted" and no "literally translated" to obtain good or better translations results
This time is not about to maintain the translation as loyal to the original version as possible, it's being accurate what care me the most. And as I said before, this is supposed to be a PG comic (if you're not familiarized with the term, it would be the same that the ATP rating, "Apto para Todo Público"), then I don't want to say any word that could also imply an extra meaning (specially an un-PG one).

Seriously, I don't know what all of you understand about "Snuggle".
legendario13 wrote:"..., ni tampoco tienes continuamente que pensar en lo adorable..."

What you think about "ni tampoco tienes continuamente que estar pensando..."?
ImageImage
eagle eye

Post by eagle eye »

Gren wrote:
eagle eye wrote:I understand Gren wants to keep the same meaning, is just that when we are tranlating English to Spanish there are too many situations when the litaral translation doesn't give a good result, are these situations when we need to "interpret" the English language, are these sitations when the English needs to be "interpreted" and no "literally translated" to obtain good or better translations results
This time is not about to maintain the translation as loyal to the original version as possible, it's being accurate what care me the most. And as I said before, this is supposed to be a PG comic (if you're not familiarized with the term, it would be the same that the ATP rating, "Apto para Todo Público"), then I don't want to say any word that could also imply an extra meaning (specially an un-PG one).

Seriously, I don't know what all of you understand about "Snuggle".
legendario13 wrote:"..., ni tampoco tienes continuamente que pensar en lo adorable..."

What you think about "ni tampoco tienes continuamente que estar pensando..."?
I was talking about the word "continuamente" owo, as I said before, maybe you can just omit the word "continuamente" and write something like "ni tampoco te la tienes que pasar pensando en lo adorable..."
Gren

Post by Gren »

-----
OFF:

Sorry for the delay, I'm not having too much time lately...
ImageImage
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

nothing happens, as always, thank you for the work you take to entertain :)
Scampillo

Post by Scampillo »

do not worry and we happy thanks for the update. :D
Oscar

Post by Oscar »

Don't worry, Thanks for your work, we appreciate it :D
Gren

Post by Gren »

-------
OFF:

Thank you for supporting me guys :D
ImageImage
rodrigo

Post by rodrigo »

hahaha! I loved it, you're a roughly! :lol:
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

We need to translate "cornhole".

Scampillo

Post by Scampillo »

"Cornhole" is a game where you are looking to introduce a small sack filled with sand or some kind of seed, on a wooden board with a hole at the top which is inclined at an angle. I did not find an equivalent of that game in my country.
legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

I can't stop thinking about "conrholio"... I mean C'mon I didn't even followed that show!

:lol: Great job!
Gren

Post by Gren »

Silly Zealot wrote:We need to translate "cornhole".
Yeah, but how? It's not as if there is a similar game in Spanish. I dunno, maybe "Bochas"? The problem of course is that there's no way it can match with the joke of the title (and probably is also the reason of Keene's reaction)
legendario13 wrote:I can't stop thinking about "conrholio"... I mean C'mon I didn't even followed that show!

hahaha Yeah, I saw the movie too :lol:
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

legendario13 wrote:I can't stop thinking about "conrholio"... I mean C'mon I didn't even followed that show!

Me too! I didn't write anything because I thought that would be considered a naughty reference or something. As long as Keene doesn't drink cofee, he'll be fine.

Gren

Post by Gren »

----
OFF:

Finally I finished this arc! Geez, I hate how slow I turned. At this rate I'll never catch up with the comic :cry:
Sorry for making you wait for so long, guys.
Last edited by Gren on Fri May 03, 2013 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I can speak english, so I don't wait day in and day out for translations. :D
To be fair, I think Jeeves, though originally calling Miles "Master wolf", I think the translation should be "Señor lobo", as the word "amo" would most likely be reserved solely for his employers, the ferrets, and the word "master" in english is used with a bit more liberty than it's spanish counterpart.
Aaaah, the subtleties of each language that are forever lost during translation....

Scampillo

Post by Scampillo »

Hi, great job as always, I share the opinion of Silly Zealot relating to "Señor Lobo" this is due to the property that goes to talk to Miles, besides that "Amo" is used in translations set in ancient epochs :)

Was great the ferret is my favorite so far of The Milton.

Off or not? :oops:

I just want to share

Keene reminds me of my coworker, tend to think you can solve everything with his presence :shock: , it's a shame you can not leave it locked in the zoo for a while as to Keene, just to give a lesson, :lol: :lol: course, is my best friend, but there are days when ... The fun is to see it from now on and think about Keene. 8-) :lol: .
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Scampillo wrote:Hi, great job as always, I share the opinion of Silly Zealot relating to "Señor Lobo" this is due to the property that goes to talk to Miles, besides that "Amo" is used in translations set in ancient epochs :)
It may still be used in modern times, but only on extremely formal and old-fashioned occassions, with people of a very high status. Jeeves does look like the kind of person who would talk in an old-fashioned way (and he does, too!). But as I said, Miles is not Jeeves "boss", only Keene's protegé, so Jeeves has no need to refer to him as "amo". Although I've got to admit that "señor" is too generic of a term. "Master", in this especific case, seems to be somewhere between "amo" and "señor". Those subtleties that get lost....

legendario13

Post by legendario13 »

should we just make up a new word that express it :lol:

Or what about we go with "señorito" or just plain "don" :lol:

now, seriously. I think that "Amo" maintains a greater significance than "señor"
but the opinions are gonna be splitted for what I see.

Great Job Gren and don't worry I've got no problem in waiting a little