2013/04/24 - Compatibility Test

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Re: 2013/04/24 - Compatibility Test

Post by copper »

Nice ring, I must say. Same colors as Joel's Watch/soul.... perhaps a symbol of him giving his soul to her?

Oh Bailey.... such answers will make this documentary type deal into a smash hit reality show!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Keep on thinking there's multiple cameramen. 'Cameron' is the cameraman.

Cameron should have sound effects when he does things like that. I can picture him now thinking "What would zooming in on King be like? Zooooooooooooom"
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

If I had a camera sticking five inches from my face, I'd through that sucker out the window.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Argent

Post by Argent »

GameCobra wrote:Keep on thinking there's multiple cameramen. 'Cameron' is the cameraman.
Ah, and "Boom" is the mike guy.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
AleColin

Post by AleColin »

Wow the camera people are everywhere and always follows King, and I hope they don't go to far.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I'm glad for the return of Cameron and "Boom". They will have many cool adventures all over the Housepets! world, as part of a special world-wide news coverage team, in their inminent spin-off webcomic, though.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
pokeblue

Post by pokeblue »

RockstarRaccoon wrote: Glad we're finally lampshading the fact that King and Bailey really don't have a ton to go on. He meets her one summer, sorta thinks she's pretty, she rescues his thing, then they snuggle. After a several month long-distance phone-relationship, she comes back, he gets mad about animal rights, and then he wants to marry her.

Seriously King, what do you see in her that makes you want to marry her? Is she just really great in person? I'm just not seeing it through the medium of the comic...
I think Serence is pretty dead on, on that one. That it's something that even us supporters for the idea can't understand 100% ourselves because we're not King or Bailey. King sees something, and it's worth enough for him to want to marry her, and that's good enough reason for me at least to not question it. I mean, sure they didn't do the human thing and date each other for 2+ years getting to know each other, but not everyone is like that. Not even humans.
flaremaster

Post by flaremaster »

pokeblue wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote: Glad we're finally lampshading the fact that King and Bailey really don't have a ton to go on. He meets her one summer, sorta thinks she's pretty, she rescues his thing, then they snuggle. After a several month long-distance phone-relationship, she comes back, he gets mad about animal rights, and then he wants to marry her.

Seriously King, what do you see in her that makes you want to marry her? Is she just really great in person? I'm just not seeing it through the medium of the comic...
I think Serence is pretty dead on, on that one. That it's something that even us supporters for the idea can't understand 100% ourselves because we're not King or Bailey. King sees something, and it's worth enough for him to want to marry her, and that's good enough reason for me at least to not question it. I mean, sure they didn't do the human thing and date each other for 2+ years getting to know each other, but not everyone is like that. Not even humans.
Yeah, just remember Kitch and the marriage of his parents.
Kitch wrote:My parents married 8 weeks after meeting. They've been togther 38 years. We don't know how their relationship over the phone for a year has gone. Just because they had that one recent fight doesn't mean the net total of their relationship isn't strong.
rickgriffin
Site Admin

Post by rickgriffin »

Just to add onto this, my parents got married after dating for six months and most of their courtship was through correspondence because my dad served in the army.
I'm sure the cold hand of science will be able to overcome his magical powers
Gren

Post by Gren »

rickgriffin wrote:Just to add onto this, my parents got married after dating for six months and most of their courtship was through correspondence because my dad served in the army.
Oh, I think that explains a lot. Now I see why all the couples in this comic began their relationships spontaneously. So you're basically basing the comic on your personal experiences? XD
ImageImage
TheOne
Location: Trapped in the center of the Galaxy. Need a starship to get out!

Post by TheOne »

Rick, I have to wonder if King's ears are deliberately the way they are. They've started looking very much the way that your Avatar's ears looked when Peanut told him about the tickets to the end of time.
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...
Jinxed

Post by Jinxed »

Wow, that's how I go out looking for "the right one" too!

Sadly, it always ends in barking ):
Duster

Post by Duster »

Gren wrote:
rickgriffin wrote:Just to add onto this, my parents got married after dating for six months and most of their courtship was through correspondence because my dad served in the army.
Oh, I think that explains a lot. Now I see why all the couples in this comic began their relationships spontaneously. So you're basically basing the comic on your personal experiences? XD
What artist/writer doesn't to some degree? I've noticed several instances of this in the Housepets comic, which is perfectly fine because ultimately it's his story to tell. After all, Rick is only human...., ok AND Furret pokemorph.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It can't possibly be from personal experience because it has relationships.

*runs off laughing before (s)he's murdered*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TheOne

Post by TheOne »

By the way, Bailey seems to have grown a second tail. (Someone had to say it.) You can give the argument that her tail is just folded, but in panel 3 it just doesn't *look* that way.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

TheOne wrote:Rick, I have to wonder if King's ears are deliberately the way they are. They've started looking very much the way that your Avatar's ears looked when Peanut told him about the tickets to the end of time.
yah I was wondering the same thing ever since the last strips as well , looks really cute on king too ^^
and now I randomly remembered about a respond on that strip
"I wonder what happened to [insert that cute yellow thingy's name here] after he went to the end of time?"
"got eaten by king , ears first , no doubt" - and then there was one :lol:
Sleet wrote:It can't possibly be from personal experience because it has relationships.

no ice in the world would be enough to put out this burn :lol:
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

OOOUCH! SLEET! I FELT THE HEAT FROM THAT ONE OVER HERE!

Anyway, while you all seem to make good points, it was King's decision to ask her to marry him.
She could have said no. She is obviously smart....sorta...

My point is, if there was nothing there, it would have ended already.

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
TheOne

Post by TheOne »

TinFoilHats wrote:If I had a camera sticking five inches from my face, I'd through that sucker out the window.
Also... "Boom mic." "We got a boom mic." "This is terrible! He could have seen that!"

If any of you haven't seen "Bolt" by Disney/Pixar, I recommend you watch it.
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

YOU SIR JUST MADE MY DAY

Psalms 148:7 - KJV - "Praise the LORD from the earth, all ye dragons, and all deeps:"
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Man, this won't be a nice documentary....
Duster wrote:
Gren wrote:
What artist/writer doesn't to some degree? I've noticed several instances of this in the Housepets comic, which is perfectly fine because ultimately it's his story to tell. After all, Rick is only human...., ok AND Furret pokemorph.
Some rickyologists are trying to spread the false belief of the three faceted Rick: The Furret, the Ponbon, and the Man with the Beard.
Our operatives are doing their best to stamp out this fetichists. For the Furret!
Sleet wrote:It can't possibly be from personal experience because it has relationships.
How rude, Madam! Rick has had a good number of stable relationships, as evidenced by this: http://rickgriffin.deviantart.com/art/Sushi-is-Nom-
and this:
http://rickgriffin.deviantart.com/art/G ... 315&qo=426
Last edited by Silly Zealot on Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I sense a disturbance in the forest. Like a million birds chasing someone...

And it's cute to note that, Rick. Now noone can assume you are a clone lack romantic experience!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

TheOne wrote:By the way, Bailey seems to have grown a second tail. (Someone had to say it.) You can give the argument that her tail is just folded, but in panel 3 it just doesn't *look* that way.
she appears to be wagging her tail in panel 3, so it is folded over and wasn't in the previous panels
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
bhPixelFire

Post by bhPixelFire »

Agreed. and that face.

JakJak

Post by JakJak »

I think I missed something at some point. Why are they getting married again...?
Argent

Post by Argent »

JakJak wrote:I think I missed something at some point. Why are they getting married again...?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
CrazyAce

Post by CrazyAce »

Image "LOOK, IT'S ROCK AND ROLL!"
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Y U no let me do my job without making it harder?!
-Cameron