Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Argent

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by Argent »

"Let me see if I have this right. Your dad's really rich, and this is like a really big kennel?"

The ringtail drops to the floor, and then sits down on the boards, his outrageous striped tail curled around his tummy.

"That's amazing. Um, no thanks, I'm full, I just had eggs and bacon and too much coffee and I'm kind of walking it off and looking for a job and maybe a place to live though Mr. Dubner said I can rent a room, I don't want to go through my savings too quickly though so best to start how I mean to go on. Didn't see any 'help wanted' signs in the stores, but I got a bunch of clippings from the paper. Things I reckon I could do, like sales clerk, or receptionist, or how about his one, tree trimmer, what kind of experience do you figure they want for that? I can climb like anything!"

"Didn't see any sparks, Mister Zeke, but that music was right spacey, like you said."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Horus flipped the switch and soon the floor moved to show a set of stairs leading down. "well remember this is your choice not mine... Come on." Horus said heading downstairs.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke thought for a moment, playing his violin in a gentle concerto sound, he chuckled a bit, there were two spare rooms, and the house was paid for, utilities got taken care of, and a he said in this big house he did get lonely "Well then its decided, Terry, you need a place to stay correct? And it seems to me like you are a nice guy. So, if you wish, you may stay here. I know we just met, but as I said, it does get quite lonely here by myself"
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Really? I promise you won't be sorry, Mister, um, Zeke! We'll be, what do people call it, roomies!"

The little guy grins broadly as he starts digging into his bulging pack, "Where do I sleep? I got a string hammock if you don't want me on the furniture!"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke tried to subdue a chuckle but failed and burst with laughter "Pick one of the bed rooms, I sleep in the attic, the bed is yours. All I ask is you drop the "Mister" and clean up after yourself if you make a mess I believe one of the rooms has a nice view and a t.v. , so you can have that one, feel free to use the computer in the living room, or play one of the consoles this is your home, make yourself comfortable" he smiled, his tail swishing, inwardly Ekez was a bit skeptical, but Zeke quickly silenced him
Pet Friendly:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Just about every word made the ringtail's grin get wider and goofier until he was just about ready for a Moon-Moon lookalike contest.

"This is the most outrageous deal ever... Zeke. Hey, I got to watch TV back home so I reckon I won't break that, but I'll leave the computer stuff for now, um, I'm not real familiar with 'em. And don't worry about messes, I hadda clean up after Dad all the time."

After peering around the rooms, and checking out the windows to make sure there weren't any inconvenient obstacles to his preferred mode of travel, Toast settled on the room with the TV. Out of his bag came another jacket, a ball of bedding all wrapped in a net (which he dropped into the laundry hamper), and a bunch of old SF and detective novels and a bundle of papers that he carefully stowed in a high drawer of the desk.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Horus flipped the switch and soon the floor moved to show a set of stairs leading down. "well remember this is your choice not mine... Come on." Horus said heading downstairs.
Frost stood up, pausing a moment at Horus's warning before following the dog down the hidden staircase. Now this was starting to feel more like a house for magicians or..magical pets.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Horus waited at the bottom of the steps for frost. once both of them were there the floor closed above them, horus then took a few steps into the new room, each step lit a table full of candles. Visible on the floor was a large meditation circle with an inlaid pentagram. At the far end of the room three archs with two torches on them glowed a green, blue, and red color. soon the whole room went dark again and only torches lit the whole room to see clearly. Horus stood at the middle of the pentagram with someone talking. horus then looked back at frost. "welcome to the sphinx lair. here I do lots of things, potions, spells, summonings, you name I can do it." Horus said turning his attention back to the new person in the room he nodded then disapeered completely. "what I mostly do here is fortune tellings, tarot, and alchemy here and there. It was a good business in Egypt and im hoping for the same here. Well if my owners leave again" Horus said his tail wagging
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke slipped down stairs and began to pull ingredients from the shelves, after all he wanted a dessert in time for tea, so it would be best for him to start now, but what he was going to make he wasn't quite sure, maybe he could try something new, all this was contemplated as he tied on an apron with the words "Talk to the Tail" with a big paw print on the chest
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Wow... Now this is what I expected your house to look like." Frost looked around as he walked around the room.
"Cool." He muttered, walking over to one of the oddly colored flames. When he turned to face Horus, he couldn't find him.
"Horus? Hello?" He called out, mystified.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast came downstairs to see Zeke preparing to cook. "Whatcha making? I used to cook up the supplements for the park animals, it was pretty tricky getting something that was healthy and tasted good for the humans too."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke smile gently "I am going to me us Mont Blanc. I think the subtle chocolate, with the hint of chestnut, would be very well suited for... hmm Lavender, yes that sounds just perfect, don't you think?" he chuckled softly to himself before something hit him, a far off look on his face "This will be the first time I've had tea with someone since my mother passed... You don't have to if you do not wish, but it so nice outside in the garden" he chuckled "Plus I already made the mix for two, and I'd hate for it to go to waste" he gave a bright smile "Don't you agree?"
Pet Friendly:
Hotep the psychic

The room goes dark again this time only two dark red eyes are visible and large growl fills the room. "hey stop it ricatia!!" Horus yelled the room lighting up again. Horus was standing at a gate speaking a soft egyptian. Inside the growling faded away. Horus then walked over to frost. "sorry racatia is usually protective its another thing fromm egypt. What do you think?" horus asked
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Chocolate? I can't eat chocolate, Mi... Zeke. I didn't think dogs could either!"

"But I'm not supposed to have caffeine either, and I love me my coffee... so maybe just a little bit. I already had..." he held his finger and thumb maybe an inch apart "... about this much over at Mr Dubner's."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hotep the psychic wrote:The room goes dark again this time only two dark red eyes are visible and large growl fills the room. "hey stop it ricatia!!" Horus yelled the room lighting up again. Horus was standing at a gate speaking a soft egyptian. Inside the growling faded away. Horus then walked over to frost. "sorry racatia is usually protective its another thing fromm egypt. What do you think?" horus asked

"To be honest. Kinda creepy. But cool."
He looked over at the gate curiously.
"Wait? Who were you talking to? Rica-someting?"

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

"Ricatia, shes well a uh a giant scorpion dragon" horus said turning away as he spoke, he then went over to a table of flasks flilled with different liquids.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Oh... Okay." Frost responded, sounding more cautious than he was a minute ago. He looked at the door as he followed Horus over to a table of liquids.
"This your alchemy stuff?"

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

"um yes and no, sometimes I do potions. the drawing on the floor is for alchemy and entering different realms. I could teach you alchemy, magic, about anything magical but it all takes time, lots of time." Horus said grabing a clear bottle and shaking it, slowly the bottle turned blue. he then set it down and looked at the rest of the bottles.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke giggles softly "There is such thing as pet friendly chocolate, and you can have sweets here if you want, unless its a medical condition..." he quirked an eyebrow, his tail's sway slowing a bit, he definitely didn't want to bring harm "I don't want you hurt..." he smiled gently
Pet Friendly:
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Nah, nah, it's just the usual theo-um-whatever it is, I forget now, that carnivores can't eat. So long as that's not in there, I'm good! Just a little bit, though, I get buzzed easy!"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost shook his head. As much as he was amazed and intrigued by magic, he knew it wasn't where he'd fit in.
"Nah. Thanks. But no thanks. I'll just stick to what I know." He grinned politely and watched Horus fiddle with the various glass containers.
And though he wasn't interested in being involved in the magic scene himself, he seemed to be taking the introduction into it in stride, not much about it seemed to phase him.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke nodded and set them in the freezer as he began to boil water for the tea "So tell me a bit about yourself Terry , where did you come from? And what caused you to come to such a quaint little neighborhood like Raidiant Gardens? You seem like you have quite a story on your shoulders" he sat down at the table "Only if you don't mind that is"
Last edited by WolvenPaw15 on Sun May 05, 2013 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pet Friendly:
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Well, I was pretty happy working with my dad at state parks in Arizona, we did shows, I'd show off how I could jump and climb, and I let people pet me, and do a bit of guiding when there were too many customers for the humans to take care of. He was working with the rangers for a while, and I'd go with him 'cos it was easier for me to get close to wild animals. But he got married, and she wanted me to go live in a zoo, and Arizona isn't a free state so I didn't have anything to say about it, even if he wanted to Dad couldn't release me in Arizona... even if I belonged to him instead of being a park animal, and the zoo ain't open like I hear you have here... I'da been locked up, actually locked up if you can believe it! So I 'ran away', and got new papers in Texas."

Toast stops to catch a breath.

"I got a bit of money, seems Dad had been putting the money they was paying him for training me in a bank account for me, so I'm seeing the country while I got a chance, hitching my way east. You know like nobody knows what a cacomistle is here, not even animals! They was calling me a raccoon! Do I look like a raccoon to you?"
Hotep the psychic

Horus nodded with a smile. "well thats alright but if you ever do just let me know ok i can teach you to were you could do something like this" horus said pouring a drop onto the table. A poof a smoke later a miniature frost stood there shakking his head in suprise. He then looked at the larger him. Horus was about to luagh but instead tossed a bottle labled shrink potion. " here catch" horus said tossing it.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke chuckles softly leaning back "No your tail isn't as fluffy, and you lack a mask, a cacomistle is more related to a ringtail lemur " he chuckled "I often get mistaken for a husky, I am an Alaskan Malamute, oh well what can you do huh?" he shrugged
Pet Friendly:
Argent

Post by Argent »

"My tail is prehensile, but I'm not related to any lemur! They're not even carnivores! They're in the same family as humans!"

It's likely this is something he's had to explain to park visitors, once, or twice, or a hundred times.

He held his hands up against his face like goggles. "I do have a bit of a mask, but it's white." Peering at the husky, he continues "Now you, you look like a wolf in a mask, but I reckon ... oh, I didn't mean that as an insult, Mister Zeke! I haven't actually seen a wolf, just coyotes, and they're not near so fluffy as you."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost fumbled slightly but successfully caught it before it splattered onto the floor. He held it up and read the label.
"Shrink potion?" He looked down at the table and grinned.
"Hey look. It's a mini me. How'd you do that?" He asked, amazed. Looking at the bottle again he held the opening to his nose and took an experimental sniff.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Horus looked over about to explain to see frost take a sniff."oh i wouldnt do thaa eeeee oh dear"horus said slowly starting to see frost shrink little by little. "*sigh* well ill explain you see in magic and alchemy almost anything is possible. In alchemy hoowever you need ingredients. In magic you need power for a certain amount of time, what i did is combine them together to make a mini you" horus said picking up the now small frost and puting him next to mini frost on the table. Horus then moved to a bottle cabinet to find the antidote.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"O..kay?" Frost remarked, slightly startled by the fact that everything got way bigger.
He walked over to the other sleddog and looked him up and down. Poking its side curiously he looked over at Horus and asked.
"Is the other me real?" His voice squeaked like a chipmunk.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Horus looked at one bottle and came back with other chemicals."yep heart life organs everything. He can talk its just his choice." horus said mixing chemicals little by little.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

By the time Horus came back, both Frosts were sitting at the edge of the table with their feet dangling off the edge. They both looked up at Horus, both not speaking and both looking expectantly at him with the same expression.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Horus looked at both frosts while moving liquids be tween bottles quickley about a minute later he grabed a dropper and filled it with a blue liquid. He then put a drop on both frosts heads."there that should do it" Horus said seeing both of them grow to normal size.
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

The sheepish ringtail decides he oughta keep his mouth shut, Mister Zeke is a nice guy and all, and he don't want to hurt his feelings.

After eating he announces it'd be a good idea to keep looking for a job, 'cos it's not fair to depend on people's hospitality. He's always been a working animal, anyhow.
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke nodded at the idea of a job, putting his hand to his chin in thought "If you wanna work, I can talk to my friend Ian, he IS a raccoon, he helps his owner run the pet shop in the Garden Square, its a really cool place and they carry the Pridelands series" he smiles, tail swaying happily
Pet Friendly:
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Sure. That'd be like working at a zoo, I reckon. Don't know anything about Pridelands, though, is that a problem?"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke chuckles and shakes his head "No, its fine, but I recommend giving them a read, they are really good" he smiled, idly drinking his tea "I tend to ship a lot though, so yeah" he gave a goofy grin and a slight blush
Pet Friendly:
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast hasn't been involved in shipping at all, he doesn't even have a mailing address, but he guesses it's important if you're rich... so he just nods and says he'd appreciate the recommendation. "Do you reckon I need to buy my own overalls? I used to have a pair, but they're still in Arizona, I wasn't figuring on needing them again."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke gives a giggle, wondering if he should explain "shipping" or not, maybe some other time "They will provide you with a uniform, for pets its just an apron I work there sometimes when I need some spare cash" he smiles pointing to the apron hanging up, a green apron with a white paw print on the chest "This is the one"
Pet Friendly:
Argent

Post by Argent »

"When you need spare cash?" Toast looks around at the opulent surroundings. "They pay pretty well, do they? Sign me up, boss!"
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke grins a bit "The pay is fair, and my owner doesn't pay for everything, just necessities I want extra, I earn, like my video games and manga, I paid for them on my own" he smiled, a bit proud of himself, his tail swishing happily
Pet Friendly: