Questions to make you think...

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Questions to make you think...

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hmm. It was a toss-up between Argent and Luxray but I think I have to go with...
*drumroll*

Argent wrote:Easter Bunny! because the Easter Weasel would be able to hide eggs so much better than a scwewy wabbit!
Because I'd love to see you try and best me I mean, the Easter Bunny!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

Harrumph. Back to me. Ball's back in my court.

[looks at the ball, bounces it, it doesn't bounce very well. Puts some air in it]

Aliens have invaded! Not from space, but from time. They're refugees from a civilization of superintelligent marsupials* from an alternate universe where placental mammals never happened. They invented a sideways-in-time machine calibrated in past dates, that let you select a past event and visit the universe where it happened differently. This group were descendents of an unpopular historical figure and fled to an unimaginably distant universe because of a horrible accident in the universe where he was never born. It's all messy and convoluted and I'm not going to overthink it because it's backstory.

Anyway, you got hold of one of the machines. It's portable, like a mobile phone, but it's busted... you can't set it to any date past 1771 because the chronosynclastic restabilizer can't deal with the presence of the Encyclopedia Britannica. What historical event before that date do you set it to change, why, and what does the resulting universe look like?

* They don't look like big-headed kangaroos. They look kind of like horse-eared lemurs with stubby bright-red rabbit-tails and narrow tongues that snake out between their pointy front teeth when they talk. And they have two prehensile thumbs on each hand.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

An event in our universe or in theirs?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Hlaoroo wrote:An event in our universe or in theirs?
Ours, it's always relative to the universe you're currently in. It's not like Mr. Smellie created an Encyclopedia Britannica in their universe. Oh, and you can read the controls because 4chan crowd-sourced an English language pack for it.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Hmmm... I think I would like travel back to the big bang. But I don't want to change anything, I just want to look at it. The problem would be that there is no space to be for looking at it. Means I need to travel out of our universe to watch it from the outside.
Not sure if this a valid answer to the setting, but that is what I would like to see.

And I am pretty sure that I would also not be able to change anything, becouse that would lead to a time paradoxon because I would create a complete different universe (if any at all) where I would not be in for sure, unabling me to travel back to change anything resulting in the previous universe with me in traveling back to change something, etc. In my opinion the timeline protects itself from being changed.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I don't think I'd change anything. If there's one thing I learned from Back To The Future, Doctor Who, The Time Machine, The Time Traveller's Wife and every other sci-fi book or movie ever written/made that deals with time travel it's that even the smallest, most inconsequential thing may have huge and unpredictable impacts which could ultimately end up in my demise.
So I don't think I'd risk changing anything.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

You don't get to go back in time. You just pick an alternate universe that already exists where some event happened differently. Like, our universe already existed before the lemursupials crossed over to the one where placental mammals weren't wiped out by the eruption of Rlyeh.

You can't go to the world where Hitler dies in 1935 and England is the last hold-out against Soviet Europe, but you can go to the world where Richard the Lionhearted survives the Siege of Chaluz and the Anglo-French and the Polish Empires are the world's superpowers, or where Caesar survived his assassination attempt and the Romans bred an immortal humanity over the next thousand years....
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

I'd pack up all my technology and visit the alternate universe where 1776 has electronics, technology that can stop aging (when it's at a high cost, of course), and a power grid.

I could just live all the way back to 2013~ By then they should have built a one-way universal teleporter. Then I could go in and send myself to the day that I left- I get the experience from living over 200 years without actually aging at all :D
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Heh. The gadget *is* an interuniversal teleporter. All it can do is send you to the 2013 of a different universe, you just get to pick when that universe split off ours.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'd go to a universe where Da Vinci abandoned his painting to pursue his scientific and in particular his engineering research. This happened some time around 1476-1478. In todays world the technology is not only far superior due to the extent of Da Vinci's research but also very different to anything which we would recognise in our world. being much more remniscent of Da Vinci's original designs. There are a lot more water-powered technologies and people are much fitter (and less obese) due to so many other devices being people-powered. Many household objects are much more ergonomic thanks to Da Vinci's detailed studies of anatomy. Electricity has not really caught on for much more than lighting, cooking and heating since the technologies based on Da Vinci's designs have become so refined, efficient and effective, and all electricity that is used comes from water pumps designed using Da Vinci's hydraulic studies. The air is fresh and clean - since there is no need to burn fossil fuels there is very little pollution. Since life has become so easy, people have much more free time in which to pursue their interests - this leads to a more contented and peaceful population - there have been no wars since England defeated the Spanish Armada with some of Da Vinci's war machines. The machines make life easy; since there is no struggle to access resources, there is no need for fighting anyway. Freedom of thought and freedom of expression are encouraged as is interest in the creative arts. There are still rulers however their role is now reduced to resource management and dispute settlement. The rulers are elected democratically and anyone who wishes to run for the position may do so.

You know something? I think I will actually acquire a SIT-machine and move to that universe!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I go to an alternate universe where sid vicious never died. The sex pistols never broke up and as a result they mobilized the dis-enfranchised youth of the world to create a new society based on the ideals of the early punk movement. I would then sit down with president rotten for tea and discuss how to implement the institutions in our world and return ready to become the emporer of a more egalitarian, accepting world where it is illegal for any local music venue not to have at least one show a night.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Argent

Post by Argent »

I'm pretty sure old Sid died after 1771.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I might also go to a universe where the asteroid which wiped out the dinosaurs actually missed Earth. Humans have learned to domesticate dinosaurs instead of dogs; they use the carnivourous ones for hunting, the big strong ones for pulling and lifting, the fast ones for riding, and the slow ones for eating. Dinosaurs have infiltrated virtually every aspect of life and most technology developed has gone to facilitate their use. We have also bred seperate breeds of dinosaurs for specific purposes. Those with long, strong spines make good busses, for example, whilst those with big claws and paws make good excavators. The only problem is those pesky T-rexes which have grown to plague proportions and whose arms are now of a useable length. Schools have T-Rex drills in the same way they have fire/tornado/lockdown/earthquake drills.
For the most part though, life is good since having the dinosaurs to do everythign for you makes things easy.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Hlaoroo's turn for a question!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

What's the most creative answer you can come up with for the following question:

What did cured ham actually have and how was it cured?

Answers like "salmonella and with antibiotics" or "cured with salt and woodsmoke" are not acceptable. Be creative, be siily, and be unexpected. :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Cured Ham had stage fright and it was cured by a transfusion of BRIAN BLESSED'S blood.
Mickey the Luxray

Cured Ham had a case of Hay Fever. It was cured with a bath in cold maple syrup. c:

That was so uncreative, I'm gonna go to the corner now
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I guess this has to go to Argent. Again.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Yay, the LARGE HAM cures the ham!

Your tweet was just retweeted by the most unlikely celebrity. What did you tweet, who retweeted it, and why?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Bop bop ba doo ba, bop bop ba do bop"
Rockin' Robin retweets it because he wants to out bop me like he did to the Buzzard and the Oriol.
But he'll never succeed!
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha! :twisted:
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Mickey the Luxray

"So today I was hospitalized by a pinecone. I got a concussion from it, somehow, and now I have to have an icepack on my head in that comedic way that they seem to pop up in cartoons."

Chris O'Neill would probably retweet it. He IS Chris O'Neill, after all.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I would tweet that twitter belongs to Twitey, and Arnold Schwazzeneger (I wrote it all wrong didn't I?), would retweetit to demonstrate why he never hangs out on twitter.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!