HPU - Richmond Acres

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly - Richmond Acres

Post by Hlaoroo »

BONK!
Flynn rubs his head where the flashlight bounced off. "Hey! Watch it, Elmer Fudd! You want Doc to have another case on his hands?" His head snaps around as he hears another shot further off.
"Ha! Hear that? My ruse worked! They're going the wrong way!" He looks the other way, hearing the siren at the same time as Cinnanom, and slumps against the tree in relief.
"Oh thank goodness they're back! Sorry I snapped just now. I'm just strung out at the moment, what with getting lost and the storm and the hunters and the new neighbourhood in a new country."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

"... and that was my last lightstick, too. And I dropped my good flashlight!"

Cinnamon jumps down to the path... smack in the middle of the path... and stands there waving his arms as the siren gets louder and the headlights sweep over the trees and the path... and a contraption like a golf cart crossed with a monster truck comes to a muddy halt and drenches the careless little animal.

"SANDY! What was that for... you..."

"CINNAMON! Get out of the road, we barely saw you! Where's the patient? Did he fall off the horse?"

"No, I told you it's a DIFFERENT dog. I don't KNOW what happened, he's down there with the screwey rabbit."

Another gunshot in the distance.

"SANDY, call the rangers back and tell them there really is someone shooting. In the dark. No, wait, let's get this little guy in the back first, and let's get out of here."

"See! I told you..."

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry already, now stay out of the way. And you, rabbit, you're coming back with us, we've had enough pets running off and getting into trouble tonight.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Hey, I didn't do it deliberately! Oh, don't forget Koa's bag - he said it's really important. Koa told me that he was distracted and just walked straight over the edge. He's got a broken leg and a concussion, as best as I can tell." said Flynn, pulling himself up the precipice and into the truck. "Oh, here's your flashlight, Mr. Sixtoes. I think the bulb may have gotten busted on my bonce but I have a spare if you can get me back home."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

The two big humans bundle Koa up on a stretcher and shoo Cinnamon and Flynn out to sit with him. "Animals in the bed, you can make yourselves useful and keep an eye on the dog."

Cinnamon shuffles through his bag, flicks his flashlight on and off a couple of times, and takes a picture of Koa and Flynn with his phone. As the flash goes off the animals have the strangest sensation, almost but not quite completely unlike having icicles pounded into the brain, but somehow that still manages to describe it.

AND STOP PLAYING WITH THAT STUPID CAMERA AND HOLD ON! yells Doctor Walton as the cart begins to back up to a spot it can turn around.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Checking the still-unconcious Koa's pulse, Flynn almost falls out of the truck in surprise. "Gah! My eyes! I can't see a thing! Thank you, Mr. Sixtoes!" He grabs for a pawhold as everything in the tray is thrown into the air as the truck hits a pothole.
"Does this clinic by any chance have an optometrist? I think I'm gonna need one after that flash - I've never seen one that bright before! What kind of phone is that?" he yells, trying to be heard over the storm and the engine.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"It's not that bright! It's not bright at all, it's ... dark light. Something I'm playing with. It's the light from the other side of darkness, it's really hard to catch with a phone camera, works better with film."

He flips the phone around to show Flynn. The picture is hard to make out on the cheap low-res screen, but it almost looks like there's a red outline around Koa's leg and head. Not quite a glow, more an overlay on reality.

"Pretty cool, eh, like I'm photographing the soul or something."

It's surely a coincidence that there's a roll of thunder at that moment.

"I need to find a circularly polarized filter, I think..." he continues, oblivious.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Not bright, huh," mutters Flynn. "Have you been on this side of it?" Squinting at the photograph, he adds, loud enough for Cinnamon to hear, "That's an interesting effect. Sort of an aura. Have you tried combining gamma correction along with a standard vertical polarising filter? I find that can produce some interesting effects."
He winces as the truck hits another bump, adding another bruise to the already painful result of the last pothole. "How far is this clinic? My bruises are getting bruises and I'm getting other bruises in places I never knew I had!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Linearly polarized filters mess up the color separation. I don't think there's any gamma emission, apart from the 511 keV peak from positron annihilation, and you get more of that from eating a banana..."

After they get off the jogging trail and onto the main path the ride gets smoother.

"... I think, anyway, I haven't actually measured it."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn has to supress a giggle at that. "Ha, radioactive bananas! Now there's a thought! Would they get greener as they ripen? Seriously though, gamma correction can enhance or suppress shadows. It could be interesting to see the effect it has on that halo type thing your flash makes. I have some photo editing software that my parents wrote on my computer at home. You should come over some time and we can fiddle with it." He relaxes his death grip on the side of the tray as the bumps subside.
"Ah, this road is far kinder on one's hindquaters. Are those lights up ahead?" Flynn asked, squinting into the distance.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, it doesn't look the same after you Photoshop it, it's some kind of quantum psychic thing. Animals can only see the effect when you're looking at the original file, and it's still contagion entangled with the CCD. Something like that. Works better in film, but Dad made me stop playing with dry ice."

The truck stops, abruptly spilling Cinnamon's bag again.

"HEY! You're spil... you trying to kill the dog? Well, we're here! better get out of the way, dad's in a mood."
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"It's not Photoshop - it's Mum and Dad's own software. They're software designers, you know." With a bound Flynn springs to the end of the stretcher and slides it to Doc and Sandy. Turning back to Cinnamon he asks "Well. Now what?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

He hops out of the truck bed as the two big humans carry Koa inside and examine the rabbit's impromptu splint.

"Well, you can try. Got a memory card? Hang on..."

Cinnamon's called away to look up the dog's tags and owner, perched on a barstool in front of the office's old computer.

"Looks like he's stable for now, we'll just let him rest until we've got his owner's OK for treatment."
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc got Moonbeam where he wasn't gonna trample the rabbit and then he again snapped the reins leaning forward getting Moonbeam to go again.

"There's a first time for everything"

He tried to stay as steady as possible, keeping himself from flying off but as they went farther down the trail more shots were heard and through the gunshots, rain, thunder and hooves Doc just barely heard a small yelp through all of the confusion. His mind raced hoping that someone wasn't seriously hurt but as he thought they might be close he slowed Moonbeam and pulled the reins to stop him, he then scanned around them trying to watch for any signs of a hunter.
"ZANNA!"
Hoping she or another member of the group would hear.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Marine Fox wrote: "ZANNA!"
A brief, and distinctively loud rustling sound had emerged from a subtly noticeable shrub, swaying along the direction of the rough breeze, almost a few seconds after Doc's beckoning call. Even though the woodlands would do so occasionally on its own from the strong rain and gale, it contrasted strongly as it had motioned vibrantly -- indicating that there was life behind it. Literally.

Alarmed, and slightly preoccupied at its own mistake, the once-discreet figure -- who no doubt had wanted to remain incognito -- froze up almost immediately, triggering it to become scrupulously lifeless as part of a defensive mechanism. Allowing the hasty, and rather loud wind to overlap its deteriorated exhales, intentionally held in as long as possible so as to not make another peep, it acted out as though it never made its one flawed movement. It pretended that it never happened, convincing itself that the small posse would eventually walk past it, and be well out of it's line of sight.

This, however, wasn't likely the case.

Hesitant, the discreet individual would sprout from underneath the shrubbery, boldly opposing its former line of thought.

"It's... you," remarked Travis, glancing uneasily and wide-eyed at Doc.

Prior to her confident decision, Travis wasn't given the idea that it was Doc at first. She'd only assumed that, from the approaching stampede, it could've been anybody on horseback. The recent hostility and dangers of the forest, however, hadn't left her much of a choice but to quickly blend in amongst the bushes. Scathingly hugging against the ground, the over-lapping brambles and thickets of grass had obstructed her line of sight, and couldn't make out the group by sight. So, for the most part, Travis had been left to rely solely on sound, and partially on scent. It didn't take long for her to recognize the wolf.

Shortly afterwards, she let out a sigh of relief. Travis had then gestured to a remote area behind her, with one loose paw, in a beckoning manner. It was fair game to assume that, from this, she wasn't alone.

<< OOC - Sorry about my long absence, guys. >>
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc had scanned the area at least ten times in a 360 motion, keeping Moonbeam stable looking for any sign of Zanna and the others but to no avail, the rain was too thick and the foliage was dense. But as Doc scanned again the rain pelting his fur he spotted another pet in the foliage, wide eyed and almost hidden, Doc turned Moonbeam over and trotted him over to the pet as she beckoned him. He stopped just short of the pet, staring down and staying motionless trying to understand who this was and why she motioned for him to come over but for now he just glared at the pet staying silent as the rain continued its downpour.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn pours himself a cup of water from the cooler and then tries to make himself comfortable on the poky, sqeaky plastic chair in the corner.
"I wonder how the others are getting on?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:"There's a first time for everything"
I can think of several things that would be my first time to do, but that doesn't mean i want to try doing them!
Moonbeam whickers back.
Marine Fox wrote:His mind raced hoping that someone wasn't seriously hurt but as he thought they might be close he slowed Moonbeam and pulled the reins to stop him, he then scanned around them trying to watch for any signs of a hunter.
"ZANNA!"
Hoping she or another member of the group would hear.

Moonbeam looks about nervously, waiting for something to jump out at him from the bushes, then wincing as the wolf bark out Zanna's name....
Jeezbaa, are all predators this cavalier about keeping a low and quiet profile?
Marine Fox wrote:Doc had scanned the area at least ten times in a 360 motion, keeping Moonbeam stable looking for any sign of Zanna and the others but to no avail, the rain was too thick and the foliage was dense. But as Doc scanned again the rain pelting his fur he spotted another pet in the foliage, wide eyed and almost hidden, Doc turned Moonbeam over and trotted him over to the pet as she beckoned him.

Moonbeam flairs his big wide nose..
This is not the best place to stay.. I think i smell, B-bblood on the breeze.
Turning his head this way and that..
but hard to tell with this rain, don't know which way to run away ...!!
Last edited by Keeshah on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Argent

Post by Argent »

Samantha Walton is not having a good time with Koa's master.

"No, sir, if you won't authorize treatment, you need to come pick him up and... no, sir, you're responsi... sir! I can't do that!"

She whispers to her husband "He wants us to put him down! We can't do that, can we?"

"Technically, we can, but we won't, not for a broken leg!"

After a hurried conversation, she returns to the phone.

"Sir, if you won't take responsibility, ..." She holds the phone away from her ear for a minute before trying again. "Are you abandoning this dog? I don't have to listen to that kind of... hello? Hello?"

She tries dialing again, and gets no answer. After another minute she returns to the exam room.
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

In the exam room Koa begins to reach around while sleeping. To everyone's eyes it looked as if he was tossing and turning because of discomfort. Although, he soon began muttering.

"....where's is it...where is it...where is my bag..."

As he "searched" for his bag his movements began much more jerky and wild. Eventually his eyes began to leak as if he was crying while he was searching.

"I got to find it!!!"
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Rhyzer wrote: A brief, and distinctively loud rustling sound had emerged from a subtly noticeable shrub, swaying along the direction of the rough breeze, almost a few seconds after Doc's beckoning call. Even though the woodlands would do so occasionally on its own from the strong rain and gale, it contrasted strongly as it had motioned vibrantly -- indicating that there was life behind it. Literally.

Alarmed, and slightly preoccupied at its own mistake, the once-discreet figure -- who no doubt had wanted to remain incognito -- froze up almost immediately, triggering it to become scrupulously lifeless as part of a defensive mechanism. Allowing the hasty, and rather loud wind to overlap its deteriorated exhales, intentionally held in as long as possible so as to not make another peep, it acted out as though it never made its one flawed movement. It pretended that it never happened, convincing itself that the small posse would eventually walk past it, and be well out of it's line of sight.

This, however, wasn't likely the case.

Hesitant, the discreet individual would sprout from underneath the shrubbery, boldly opposing its former line of thought.

"It's... you," remarked Travis, glancing uneasily and wide-eyed at Doc.

Prior to her confident decision, Travis wasn't given the idea that it was Doc at first. She'd only assumed that, from the approaching stampede, it could've been anybody on horseback. The recent hostility and dangers of the forest, however, hadn't left her much of a choice but to quickly blend in amongst the bushes. Scathingly hugging against the ground, the over-lapping brambles and thickets of grass had obstructed her line of sight, and couldn't make out the group by sight. So, for the most part, Travis had been left to rely solely on sound, and partially on scent. It didn't take long for her to recognize the wolf.

Shortly afterwards, she let out a sigh of relief. Travis had then gestured to a remote area behind her, with one loose paw, in a beckoning manner. It was fair game to assume that, from this, she wasn't alone.

<< OOC - Sorry about my long absence, guys. >>
Mercury first poked his head out of the brush, "Oh, uh, hey there guys." the cat pulled himself fully into the open to reveal a few bandaged up areas from the falls he had taken getting this far, "I hope you're not too beaten up out here." he stood himself just behind Travis and scratched at his nose, "What did we miss? We had a bit of an adventure ourselves, I guess." Mercury accented his statement with a sweeping gesture over his bandages. Missing from the cat was his satchel, which he had hidden in a hollow under a tree to keep it dry
~~~

"Okay, hurry then!" Tesla wailed, running as fast as a blinded dog with tiny legs could, bullets whipping above his head "Persistent indee-" the corgi was cut off by Zanna's yelp, "Hey, what is it!? You hurt?"
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Hey there boy, what's the matter? Your bag? Right here. You rest a spell..."

She carefully drops Koa's bag into his arms, then turns, and calls "Cinnamon! Come here and bring your friend, you guys can take turns watching this dog. Make sure he's comfortable, and call me when he's properly awake."

"Yes mu... uh... yes Mrs Walton. Come on, bunny, you sit here, and I'll go get some games."

The chair in the exam room is definitely more comfortable than the ones in the waiting area.
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Esper wrote: Mercury first poked his head out of the brush, "Oh, uh, hey there guys." the cat pulled himself fully into the open to reveal a few bandaged up areas from the falls he had taken getting this far, "I hope you're not too beaten up out here." he stood himself just behind Travis and scratched at his nose, "What did we miss? We had a bit of an adventure ourselves, I guess." Mercury accented his statement with a sweeping gesture over his bandages. Missing from the cat was his satchel, which he had hidden in a hollow under a tree to keep it dry.
Momentarily, Travis's sight had penetrated past the peak of the pines, wandering about the perturbed, and unsettled thunderstorm clouds.

"The rain doesn't seem to be letting up anytime sooner," she monologues, regressing to her masculine pitch.

Travis's idiosyncrasy would unconsciously get the better of her when confronted by those that she isn't familiar with. In this case, it was Doc that influenced her change in how she presented herself publicly.

Shortly afterwards, she turned back to squint at the wolf on horse-back, whom had approached ever so closer. Although this quirk slightly vexed Travis, she stood her ground firmly without as so much as moving an inch away. For more than a handful of seconds, Travis simply returned the glare.

That was, until she broke the silence hanging between them.

"You're not with those poachers, are you?"
Last edited by Rhyzer on Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"I-I think I got hit but... *huff*. ... I'm fine". She responded back. The husky's voice sounded hoarse, probably because of all the running. But Zanna was sure something had pricked in the leg. It couldnt have been a bullet or... Well she still wouldnt be running. But she did feel tired. Tired. Tired... Her breath was labored and felt herself slowing down.

Somewhere to their left a familiar voice called out.
Marine Fox wrote:"ZANNA!"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Doc looked down at the Husky until he heard more rustling an then another pet popped up. He snapped his head up to see the cat and then after registering that the cat was harmless he returned his glance back at the Husky. Though listening to Moonbeam Doc petted his mane trying to keep him calm, but now if there was blood in the breeze they would need to hurry along it wasn't safe out here and he swore if any of his friends were hurt he'd find the being responsible and tear them up.
Poachers? No. Is that who is responsible for the gunshots?"
Though thinking it could be poachers Doc infuriated himself with the thought that poachers are hurting his friends
Last edited by Marine Fox on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

"Zanna! Being shot is not exactly fine!" Tesla hissed. The corgi's ears swiveled to the left, "Come on! This way!" he pulled Zanna in the direction of the voice, "I hear Doc."
~~~
Mercury placed his paw on Travis' shoulder, "Um, I think they were just hunters, for deer and birds and the like." he said quietly, "Maybe they found good game? Or misfired." he kept on as another rustling came from the right, "That could be them now, I bet we could ask them to head somewhere else..."
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Travis crossed her arms, her gaze consistently latched onto the domesticated rough rider for one second, then eventually toward Mercury.

"Hunters are poachers, 'hon. But these hunt illegally, which is what I'm concerned about," she accused, her once-callous tone taking a much more lenient, and amicable approach toward him. With her arms falling back down to her sides, she shook her head disapprovingly at herself.

"I'm sorry," Travis eventually appended, sighing bitterly. "I guess I'm just a little shaken."

As she transitioned from one pet to another, her gaze had now surveyed over toward the direction of where Mercury initially focused, where a number of voices could be heard.

<< OOC - She's a husky, by the way. >>
LovingCorgi

Post by LovingCorgi »

Koa calmed down after he got his bag back, but his little episode seems to have caused him to wake up.

"huh...Where am I?" he rubbed his eyes and noticed that there were tears coming out of them.

He started talking to himself, though he did not notice that flynn and six-toes were in the room with him.

"Was I crying?"

When he looked around the room, he noticed flynn and six-toes sitting there. He immediately turn red because of the embarrassment and hid under the covers.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:Though listening to Moonbeam Doc petted his mane trying to keep him calm, but now if there was blood in the breeze they would need to hurry along it wasn't safe out here and he swore if any of his friends were hurt he'd find the being responsible and tear them up.
Poachers? No. Is that who is responsible for the gunshots?"
Though thinking it could be poachers Doc infuriated himself with the thought that poachers are hurting his friends

Hurry get everyone loaded up so we can run away from here!!
swishing his head side to side, looking for danger everywhere in the rain..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Esper wrote:"Zanna! Being shot is not exactly fine!" Tesla hissed. The corgi's ears swiveled to the left, "Come on! This way!" he pulled Zanna in the direction of the voice, "I hear Doc." ]
"Could be worse.". Zanna pointed out. She let the corgi lead her in the right direction. Her hand was limp in Tesla's grasp and her throat felt dry. The husky took a quick behind to see if she could see their pursuers. Nope. Just the heavy footsteps in the distant. Least the gunfire stopped.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn settles into the proffered chair. "Thanks, Mr. Sixtoes. But my name is Flynn, not Bunny and I'll thank you to remember it." He notices Koa stirring on the table. "Don't worry, you're safe now. You're...uh... Where exactly are we, Mr. Sixtoes? We're in a veterinary clinic, I know that much. I got rather turned around in the woods earlier."
Flynn crosses to the table and strokes the corgi's head, trying to calm him. "Hey, easy there. I didn't see any tears, did you, Mr. Sixtoes? It's probably just rainwater. There's quite a storm going on, you know. Just try not to move too much. You've got a broken leg and probably a concussion too. But the vet will patch you up good as new before you know it."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

(Yeah, not sure why I put GS. Checked the sheet earlier and must've got GS and Husky mixed up, my bad)

Though as if it were all in sync Doc heard the voices just as the other pets did and he too turned towards that direction, he couldn't make out what was said but he heard rustling and voices.
Keeshah wrote:Hurry get everyone loaded up so we can run away from here!!
Doc patted Moonbeam
"Just a minute buddy, you guys will be out of here soon enough"

Doc looked at the Husky and cat
"Stay Here"
With that Doc got Moonbeam moving towards the sounds, being very cautious of hunters out here. As he got closer he could clearly hear footsteps, too small to be a human but it sounded like splashing far off. Doc focused on the smaller rustling and footsteps in front of him and they approached the rustling till he just caught a quick view of a corgi.
"Tesla?!?"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:
Keeshah wrote:Hurry get everyone loaded up so we can run away from here!!
Doc patted Moonbeam
"Just a minute buddy, you guys will be out of here soon enough"
Moonbeam snorts!
Easy for you to say!... you can hide in the bush, I'm like the broad side of the barn type of target!!
Marine Fox wrote:Doc looked at the Husky and cat
"Stay Here"
With that Doc got Moonbeam moving towards the sounds, being very cautious of hunters out here. As he got closer he could clearly hear footsteps, too small to be a human but it sounded like splashing far off. Doc focused on the smaller rustling and footsteps in front of him and they approached the rustling till he just caught a quick view of a corgi.
"Tesla?!?"

Moonbeam trots splashingly over to where he is reined too.
As lightning flashes and there is a thunderous Boom again..
Moonbeam shudders..
nothing wants us out here tonight..! We must have upset the balance of nature by letting simple livestock like me out to act like a normal pet!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Sorry! Flynn. Flynn. Got it. Um, I have problems with names sometimes. Anyway, you stay here with Mr. Tesla and I'll be back in a minute!" He scurries off muttering Flynn's name to himself, then returns a minute later with his bag stuffed with boxy lumps and an ancient laptop... it must be an inch and a half thick... cradled in his arms.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn flashed him a quick grin. "No worries, mate. I suppose we were a bit busy to remember silly things like names when we met. Where are you off to?" He looked at Koa again, then turned back toward the door as Cinnanom reentered.
"Need a paw with all that stuff?"
Last edited by Hlaoroo on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

The little animal staggers in and drops the laptop on the other chair. "Well, I was going to get a bunch of games to play, but I thought we could have a look at Mr. Tesla's picture."

He plugs in the laptop and a power brick and a serial cable and the phone, slots a floppy, and turns it on. "It'll take a few minutes to boot, but then we can have a look to see where he hurts" A weird grinding sound comes from the computer as it boots from the floppy drive.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn's eyes grow wide as he recognises the make and model of the ancient laptop. "No way! You just don't see old consoles like these anymore! Where on earth did you find it? And to convert that old motherboard to take the phone - you really must know a thing or two about electronics! I'm impressed!"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

"Nah, it's an old phone, still takes a serial cable. All the old computers have them. The tough bit was finding a system that fit on a floppy, the hard drive's completely toast."

The image comes up slowly. The corgi's form is surrounded by a dark shadow full of angry faces and broken glass, except where a dull red shades his leg and head and is barely visible on the pads of one hand. The rabbit's arm, at the edge of the picture, has a golden tinge. He looks up at Koa. "Doesn't look like you have any any hidden injuries, Mr. Tesla!" his voice drops to a whisper, as he leans close to Flynn "Boy that's one messed up pup. I hope he's not still owned by that guy." He closes the laptop to try and keep the corgi from seeing it.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Flynn replies equally as quietly. "What were all those faces?" He thinks for a moment, then asks "You said before that animals can only see that effect on the original file. Do humans see it any differently?" He looks over at the table to check that Koa is sleeping again. "And why do I show up a different colour? What exactly is that flash capturing?" he queries, feeling a little spooked.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Argent

Post by Argent »

Cinnamon continues whispering, "Nah, Mrs Walton says it's cute that I pretend to see stuff in the pictures. And when I take another picture in dark light, it all goes away, because the image isn't similar enough to the CCD so the entanglement is lost. If I want to keep them, I have to use a real camera, and that's expensive!"

He keeps unplugging things. "I don't know what anything means yet, except that if you're hurt it looks hot like that, and you can sometimes see pictures in people's ... I don't wanna say 'aura' because that sounds flakey, but I don't know a better word. It's spooky, isn't it?"

Looking up at the dog, he waves, "How are you feeling? Want to play a game? I got lots!"

And so he tips out the bag, it's full of old games, mostly really old ones, that just play one game on grey and white screens, and a couple of old fat cartridge systems.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Interesting. Do you have others? I'd like to see them. It is a bit spooky." Flynn starts sifting through the games. "Pong, Asteroids, Pacman, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong, Tetris. Wow! You have some great classics here. Do you have Centipede?" he asks, gesturing to his collar. "It's one of my favourites."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters