Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Roarin

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by Roarin »

"That my friend, is the smell of the greatest food invented, ever.". He brought a few plates over before bringing the food to the table.
"We've got bacon. Here are your not too well done eggs in a shell. There's toast in the toaster, and the coffee should be about ready."
Argent wrote:"Sounds to me like this would be just the place to settle down a while then, miss Kasi. I wonder if anyone around here could put up a hard-working animal for a while... I'm pretty good with my hands, and I can chip in rent. You wouldn't know someone like that, would you?"
The two shared a glance.
"Weeellll...". Kasi started.
"There is an empty guest room we haven't used in awhile..."
"Having a tenant wouldn't be so bad..."
"Could use the extra money...".
Mark poured the steaming coffee into a mug. "That is if Mr. Linden here is willing to put up with crazy people like us. If not, I'm sure you can find housing here in town. I think there was an ad in the papers. And... If I remember correctly, that dog offered you a place to stay too.".

Meanwhile...
"Thanks.". Frost said as he entered, walking over to the couch and sitting. The sleddog looked around the house, examining the vases.
"You guys have a lot of stuff from Egypt.". He commented.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast was astonished. "That's bacon?" He sniffed a piece, picked up a rasher, smelled it, nibbled it, and sat back hard on his butt, tail draped loosely over the edge of the chair. "I've had bacon before, it's this limp pink stuff you get on cheeseburgers. It's nothing like this! Is this magic?"

After a minute he finished it off, and got started on his egg... nipping the end off, peeling it a bit with claws and teeth, and lapping up the yolk. "Just a nibble of toast, I already had some bread this morning, and I don't care for too much. You can give the rest to the little folk." He looked around, peering at the edge of the floor, then out the window.
Roarin wrote: Mark poured the steaming coffee into a mug. "That is if Mr. Linden here is willing to put up with crazy people like us. If not, I'm sure you can find housing here in town. I think there was an ad in the papers. And... If I remember correctly, that dog offered you a place to stay too.".
The little animal rolled his eyes, "I suppose I should be open-minded about that fellow, but really, I'd much rather stay with you and Kasi. And I heard animals can get regular jobs here in the East."
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Anubis grabbed some soda from the fridge and walked back to sit next to frost. "yeah most of the stuff here we collected in egypt and when we moved my owners wanted it all here first. root beer?" horus asked turning on the playstation and the tv with a remote.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Kasi nodded, crunching on a strip of bacon.
"Yep. I know a few pets who have human jobs.". Mark set a small mug down in front of Terry.
"I'm not sure how to measure 'a few fingers of coffee' so I just got you a small cup. If you can't finish it just throw it in the sink. But yeah, you could find a job here too. Though most are on the lower end of the paying bracket. Minimum wage, etc.".
"A dog I know that lives down the street gets payed in food.". Kasi added on.

Meanwhile...
"Thanks.". Frost said, taking the soda and cracking it open. He took a gulp of the fizzy liquid.
"So, you guys used to live in Egypt. That must have been cool. (...or hot. You know what I mean...)."

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

"heh yeah we spent most of the time selling stuff we found in the desert, mostly relics and statues. Then one day paleontologists found were we were recovering everything and dug it out finding a tomb they paid us well but it put them out of the job for a long time till they became diggers themselves. for me however I spent my days climbing the sphinx or the pyramids but I mostly was a spiritual guide. Owners and pets would come to me to see ancestors or lost relatives. I hated it but I got new work as a messenger dog travelling the dessert." Horus explained drinking small sips of sprite and turning on super Mario smash bros. on the Play station. it slowly whirred to life playing its intro video lowly. Anubis looked on the wall to a medium picture of him with his satchel and collar sitting next to a camel.
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast looked at the cup, and was appalled, he wouldn't be able to drink a third of it, and the rest would go to waste! But he best not make a fuss. "Thank you, sir, I will make a manful go of it!"

"Um, how much is rent, and how much is minimum wage? I got fifty dollars a week from the Parks Department, well Dad got it for me but he put it in my bank account so I guess it's mine, is it less than that?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost nodded.
"Sounds like a pretty good living if you ask me. I'd love to see one of those pyramid things in person." He took a another sip of his soda and watched the opening sequence of the game.
"Any reason you decide to move and come here?" He asked casually, continuing the conversation.

Meanwhile...
"The national average is $7.25. But I think its $8.00 in this state." Kasi quipped before biting into some toast.
"So... yeah."
"But that doesn't mean all places will pay minimum wage. You could get lucky and get paid more per hour." Mark took a gulp of his coffee. "As for the rent and living situation. We'll work something out later. You should probably take a stroll around the neighborhood first. See if you like our community. And maybe see if you can find a job. There's probably some ads in the paper."

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Eight dollars a week, miss? How do you live on that? I just paid a dollar fifty for that turkey sandwich those dogs made me drop!"

He bobbed his head at the suggestion he explore further, and sniffed his perfectly clean plate in case there was a scrap more bacon on it, then humped his bag over his skinny shoulder. "I'll do that, sir"

As he was walking through the door, he darted back and snatched his half-finished slice of toast. "Do you mind if I give this to the little folk?"
Last edited by Argent on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hotep the psychic

"well I can help with that, this summer we may go to Egypt to see the old place." Horus said grabbing the two controllers and sitting back down. he then hands one to frost.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke hummed and picked up the pace, changing his tune, his violin know loud enough to be heard by neighbours vocalizing to the sound of his violin, creating a soft yet tense harmony that seemed to create an array of mixed emotions inside him most of them peaceful and calming, yet he wondered where he knew this song, it had him vexxed for years
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Kasi looked down at her plate in an attempt to hide a smile.
"Like my dad said. If your lucky. You can find a job with a pretty decent salary.".
Mark put his own plate and mug in the sink.
"And sure. You have my permission to feed the... Little folk?"

Meanwhile...
Frost took the controller in his hands. Examining the foreign looking buttons.
"That sounds pretty cool. I'd like to go but I'd have to check with my parents first.".
His ears twitched and he looked around.
"Umm. You have a radio on?". Hearing music playing from somewhere.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast wandered out, breaking the bread up and tossing it on the lawn and the nature strip. Then he sat on the kerb for a few minutes, scribbling in a well-used notebook, before ambling down the street.
Hotep the psychic

Horus looked up from the tv, his ear twitched also. "no I don't have a radio on.....wait a minute that's a violin" Horus said going to the window and looking around.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke slowed it down a bit, remembering last time he really got into it with the violin, not wanting another cut on his cheek, he began to play a slower song, one he knew well, about a girl that stole the stars "Fading away, Into the light of the day... Morning is cold, Lonely and gray... I'll never let go, Of this memories glow... Happiness lost, Sends me deeper into sorrow..." he sang out, where the song sounded sad, it had a happier story behind it
Pet Friendly:
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost followed Horus over to the window, bringing the controller along with him.
"Whoevers singing sounds nice too. Sad, but nice.". He commented, staring out the window for a minute before retuning to fumbling with the controls.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast took his time as he walked back through the shopping center, writing notes now and then in his little book, and stopped to buy a paper from the same convenience store before heading down a side street to sit in a park and read the paper. He went through the classified section page by page, taking notes, and absent-mindedly listening to the birds gossiping in the trees and the sound of a violin drifting from one of the houses backing on the park.
Hotep the psychic

Horus sat back with frost then turned up the volume a little, soon the game went to the character choosing showing the different classic charecters. "alright so im gonna be Fox" Horus said choosing quickly then he set the controller down and started explaining the controls
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast stuffed a few pages in his bulging backpack, and carefully set the paper down next to a trashcan, half a brick on it to keep it from blowing away. Then up a tree he scrambled to get a ringtail's eye view of the neighborhood. He sat there, straddling a branch, legs and tail dangling easily, as he peered through an upper window where he could see a dog playing a violin! He'd seen fiddles before, but he didn't think animals were allowed to play with them, at least they hadn't let him when there'd been a fiddler playing for a party at the park's clubhouse.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Okay. Then I will be..." Frost scanned the list of characters.
"Umm. This guy." His cursor flew over the box marked "Link" and pressed on it.

Meanwhile...
"I'm going to work now."
"Kay. See you later."
"See ya. And Kasi."
"Yeah?"
"Stay out of trouble."
"No promises."
"And go outside and get some fresh air" Mark adds as he walks out the door.
Kasi watches her owner, not responding to his last question as he get in the pickup and drive away. After he's gone she looks around at the neighborhood with a forlorn expression before closing the door.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

Horus started up the game, the screen turned black loading then showed a super Mario map were both charecters appeared for battle.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost readied his fingers on the joystick, waiting for the signal to start.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

"FIGHT!" the game said as the 10 minute timer appeared on the top of the screen. both charecters moving now.
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

The curious and agile critter eased closer to the house, scrambling and leaping from branch to branch, once or twice sending loose branches cracking and rustling to the ground, until he was perched comfortably in the branches of an oak growing in Zeke's backyard, less than a dozen yards from the open window.
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost's fingers moved swiftly, making his character close the distance, slashing at Fox.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

fox took two hits before blocking and backfliping away. "ok lets see" Horus said as fox dashes at link and the throws a few kicks
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

After getting hit back by Fox, Frost decided to explore the other controls.
"Okay.. Errr..." He pressed down B, producing a bomb. Now...he just had to figure out how to throw it.

Ref Ref!
Hotep the psychic

fox pulls his pistol out quickly firing three laser and putting it back before jumping away "better watch out for that" horus said softly
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke kept with the tune humming no as the song didn't have many words beyond that his eyes closed, he seemed to be in his own world static visaby coming off him in gentle sparks, he seemed to be at a simple peace, giving his power the chance to flow freely through his body and ease the built up pressure
Pet Friendly:
Hotep the psychic

FIVE MINUTE SKIP!!
Horus groaned in defeat as his character fox went flying out of the screen on the tv. "GAME!" the tv said as Horus felt like throwing the controller. He never had been beat at his own favorite games, then again smash brothers wasn't much of his favorites. "ok you win frost happy" horus said drinking some soda
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast waits for Zeke to finish playing and bursts out "Wow! That was really amazing! I hope you don't get in trouble for it!"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost shrugged, smiling.
"It was just beginner's luck." He said, setting the controller down. His tail wagged contently behind him as he drank the rest of his soda.
"I'm alittle surprised." Frost looked around the room.
"For a magical dog I wasn't expecting you house to be so...normal. Y'know, besides all the Egyptian stuff."

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke gasps and jumps out of his fur, almost falling out of the window "Cripes, don't scare me like that.... Thanks for the compliment, but why would I get in trouble for playing my violin" he raises and eyebrow, playing a lower and quieter tune, one that wouldn't interrupt conversation
Pet Friendly:
Argent

Post by Argent »

"How should I scare you then?"

After a quick jump to the roof, the ringtail drops down to balance easily on the windowsill. "That's your violin? That's pretty cool! The rule back at the park was animals didn't touch instruments, ever."
Hotep the psychic

"well yeah. But if you wanted creepy my room is the place theres a door that leads to the basement chamber, there...well ill put it at scary" Horus saiid turning off the tv. He then set the remote on the table and sat back down.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost chuckled.
"Then I'll take your word for it." He set the empty soda bottle down on the table and sat back against the couch.
"Wait... Spooky like what? You got some Ouija boards stashed back there? A few ancient tomes and spellbooks?"
"AChoo!" The sleddog suddenly jerked as he sneezed into the elbow of his jacket.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke raised an eyebrow "That's an odd rule. I have practiced violin since... Well... I have been practicing for a good bit of my life, singing I just seem to have a talent for. Then name is Zeke, might I ask what yours is? Oh and I dunno how new you are here so, Welcome to the magical Radiant Gardens, may the Gardens treat you well" he bowed his head politely
Pet Friendly:
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Oh, yeh, I'm Terry Linden. I seen the magic already, this flying dog chased me up a tree and made me drop my sandwich. Back in Arizona they don't let animals do anything, even when we're working for the parks service we gotta sleep in cages and stuff, which isn't so bad I guess, well not me personally because I got sorta adopted, and anyway now I got proper Texas residency and emancipation papers I don't gotta worry about that kind of thing no more."

The masked critter looks in, peering around the room.

"I was an entertainer too, you know. I did three shows a day with my dad about Arizona wildlife, and tours inbetween."
Hotep the psychic

Horus smiled a bit nodding "Bless you. And well yeah I guess you could say that, but not only that. I can alter reality and much more but I don't always like doing it." Horus said going to a wall and moving a picture. "you didn't want to see did you?" Horus said looking back his paw on a switch behind the picture.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost shrugged, still seated on the couch.
"Yeah, sure. The whole reality altering thing sounds pretty cool."
He watched curiously as the dog reached behind the picture.

Ref Ref!
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke tilted his head "Magic, I... Oh bother was I sparking while I spaced out?" he sighed and shook his head "My dad runs a company, I have forgotten what kind of company it was... we had a really big mansion and everything... but... we moved... the place had too many memories... I have a caretaker, but he is only around when dad needs him to check on me, he chose a smaller house, to make sure I don't feel too much alone" he smiled gently "Would you like a snack?"
Pet Friendly: