[Webcomic PG-13] Housepets! 1X

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Re: [Fancomic PG-13] Housepets! 1X

Post by GeckoZY »

_Stu_ wrote:I don't know why i always feel so bad for the lizard guards :(
I was imagining something like a TV ad for this. XD

"Every year, hundreds of lizard guards are oppressed by people attempting to enter the underworld."
"Most of them are hugged until they blackout while some of them are mercilessly kicked and punched."
"They are highly sentient creature and are also just doing their jobs, fighting those troublemakers."
"Stop the abuse, visit us at stophuggingthelizardguards dot com to find out how you can help them."
*Background blurs and organization logo and website flashes in the screen*
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

At last i decided to leave the page the way it is... for the unlocking, because is different from the "unlock" sentence i use for the moves, right now he's just "unlocking" a body limit...

For the "prays", because i wanted to do a sort of oxymoron between the hell demon and the prayer, act usually reserved to the holy events. We can say they pray not to Spike, but to someone superior. For an hell demon is "particular"
GameCobra wrote:
_Stu_ wrote:Ps. The fact I'm involuntarily referring to Bleach lately scares me A LOT :l not sure if it's my fault or Tite Kubo's though, probably both
Not Bleach, but Anime in general, honestly. You can take my word for it. References to the underworld is just something Bleach has a stand-out for, but I could say that about a hundred of other shows and comics that referenced hell the same way you did. I just think the fans here are more familiar with Bleach =P
The problem is, i'm sure he's not referring to the setting, but to other things i despise of that manga/anime... :(

...and i was right. *prepares to suicide*
GeckoZY wrote:
_Stu_ wrote:I don't know why i always feel so bad for the lizard guards :(
I was imagining something like a TV ad for this. XD

"Every year, hundreds of lizard guards are oppressed by people attempting to enter the underworld."
"Most of them are hugged until they blackout while some of them are mercilessly kicked and punched."
"They are highly sentient creature and are also just doing their jobs, fighting those troublemakers."
"Stop the abuse, visit us at stophuggingthelizardguards dot com to find out how you can help them."
*Background blurs and organization logo and website flashes in the screen*
You totally won :lol:
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Big Fan

Post by Big Fan »

You know, I honestly expected them to start hugging the lizards.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Stu wrote:The problem is, i'm sure he's not referring to the setting, but to other things i despise of that manga/anime...

I don't quite understand what you mean, then. But don't let that trouble you! D:
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Big Fan wrote:You know, I honestly expected them to start hugging the lizards.
Only if it's a last desperation move especially if they have to do it to the boss no less. Bonus point if Grape did this. (she also tend to solve problem with violence) :mrgreen:

More torturous prediction!
-After Winter's defeat, a clan of superpowered animals declared war on the deities. They were survivors due to the extermination for being fate-blocker. And it turn out Spike has connection to them just like Ichigo with the Quincy.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Gren wrote:two mortals infiltrate and then goes against the Spirit World to rescue one of their friends
that's common in a lot of stuff. Dante's Inferno had Dante going through Hell to reunite or something with his love, while the video game had the added element of him trying to save her.
Gren wrote:Even the main villains are similar (Winter and Aizen) both physically and psychologically (even both are scientist who experimented with the protagonist somehow and are proving them).
calm collected villain with glasses, and the mastermind somehow being undone by their own creation are both common tropes in all kinds of fiction.
here are some trope pages that covers a lot of what you mentioned, with a bunch of other examples of shows you'd say are like Bleach
mad scientist
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HoistByHisOwnPetard
and
To Hell and Back

not to mention, we have no idea what Slash is like. The second big bad will likely make HP!1X even more different than it already is.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Those lizards are so adorable, I'm surprised the souls of the condemned haven't revolted against them already.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Dante's Inferno had Dante going through Hell to reunite or something with his love, while the video game had the added element of him trying to save her.
You mean that shameful rip-off of the Divine Comedy, in which the protagonist/author/narrator, Dante Alighieri gets turned int a beefy crusader ninja and beats the unliving fertilizer out of everything in his way to save world, get girl?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Silly Zealot wrote:Those lizards are so adorable, I'm surprised the souls of the condemned haven't revolted against them already.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote: Dante's Inferno had Dante going through Hell to reunite or something with his love, while the video game had the added element of him trying to save her.
You mean that shameful rip-off of the Divine Comedy, in which the protagonist/author/narrator, Dante Alighieri gets turned int a beefy crusader ninja and beats the unliving fertilizer out of everything in his way to save world, get girl?
yes, that. notice I specifically differentiated between the two in my statement. I actually liked the game, cause I have a tendency to judge adaptations (loose or otherwise) as separate from the source material.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

I think it's time for Spike TO LET'ER RIP!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Big Fan wrote:You know, I honestly expected them to start hugging the lizards.
Hugs can't be used properly in combat, since they're overpowered, like the Jin Kazama's majinken in Tekken 4
GameCobra wrote:
Stu wrote:The problem is, i'm sure he's not referring to the setting, but to other things i despise of that manga/anime...

I don't quite understand what you mean, then. But don't let that trouble you! D:
No well, i hope (i hope) he's just kidding... one of the things i'm more careful about is to remind Bleach the less than i can xD if sometimes i fall for it is the same, the important thing is to avoid the script and characterization mistakes Tite Kubo loves to do
Silly Zealot wrote:You mean that shameful rip-off of the Divine Comedy, in which the protagonist/author/narrator, Dante Alighieri gets turned int a beefy crusader ninja and beats the unliving fertilizer out of everything in his way to save world, get girl?
Never played DI, but when i look from here, the concept art design in that game is quite gorgeous... since i don't like GOW i don't like its clones though
Last edited by _Stu_ on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Never thought I'd see Spike like that before... Now I'm kind of scared of him.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

....Wow. Spike is... letting something take over, and it doesn't seem like it's just the fire in his heart.

I just get the feeling something else is going on here.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Spike is getting a little bit too far here.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

angelusbr wrote:Spike is getting a little bit too far here.
Never mind! At least, the lizards are alive! :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Gren

Post by Gren »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Man, I was just messing with Stu, I didn't meant it seriously. I know there's a lot similar stuff but since he hates Bleach so much, it was the perfect chance to torture him a little. :lol:

Seems Spike is getting out of control. Time to see what this monster is capable of.
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Syntax Zealot appears once again to save the day!!!!!!!!
The lion thingamagic should be saying: "You are no ordinary mortal, are you?"
My job here is done for now. Away! (Goes flying while leaving a trail of rainbows)
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Aaaaand... fixed! :)
Gren wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Man, I was just messing with Stu, I didn't meant it seriously. I know there's a lot similar stuff but since he hates Bleach so much, it was the perfect chance to torture him a little. :lol:

Seems Spike is getting out of control. Time to see what this monster is capable of.
Oh don't worry, with Bleach i can accept it, at least. The one who must not be nominated is..... Heavy Rain... :shock: *passes out*

Gren

Post by Gren »

_Stu_ wrote: Oh don't worry, with Bleach i can accept it, at least. The one who must not be nominated is..... Heavy Rain... :shock: *passes out*
And I had mercy, at least I didn't compare Spike in this last comic with the hollowfication of Ichigo. ;)
I know that game, never played before but some friends told me it was good. I suppose I have to test it to believe.
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Oh goodness, referencing Bakugan now, eh? Anime all the way! :lol:

Spike seems to be absorbing the underworld's energy.... red eyes and everything.

I wonder if Caron has any special attacks!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

copper wrote:Oh goodness, referencing Bakugan now, eh? Anime all the way! :lol:
I'm actually gonna call that a Metal Gear Rising reference. :3
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Wood against wood = sparks? It really is Hell after all

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

It has sparks because it follows power rangers rules. Be glad there wasn't an explosion caused by just posing.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Gren

Post by Gren »

Mantra? Now you're making reference to One Piece? XD Nah, just kidding. I wonder if this thing of Mantra have something to do with the cards.

P.S.: Super power rangers effects! XD
ImageImage
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Really, when I saw 'Mantra,' I thought of Asura's Wrath. X3
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I was thinking something else entirely with Mantra.... heh.

Seems Caron has yet to know who has come on his boat. This is no Orpheus!

Those eyes.... many shades of red there.
My characters
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Boy, it seems all religions are true one in the housepets! universe.

And what Steve/Spike said reminds of the phrase "You are so full of hot air you breath fire."

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

But dogs can drink coffee? Even if it's just a mental projection i mean

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tarka is always one step ahead recently, he always get my references

GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

I wonder if the mental projection also has air-conditioning, Spike seems to get a bit too hot-headed every now and then. :lol:
And probably some in-mental projection games (holographic ones!) to keep Matt busy when he's not needed. XD
El Psy Congroo
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

_Stu_ wrote:Tarka is always one step ahead recently, he always get my references
*shrugs

You're not the only one who remembers posts the other has made. I remembered that you stated a while ago you finished Metal Gear Rising in the "Discussion: Video Games" thread. My mind also recognized the format of the reference, just with the name replaced. One could also point out that the red aura he has is another clue, as Raiden glows red during the trailer that states that line as well (one of the trailers, at least).

I just have an over-analytic mind, sometimes. I pick up on minute details. Annoys the heck outta my friend quite often. ^^;

EDIT: And I just realized what I went over was two strips ago. While I may hit minute details, the overview escapes me.
Did I really hit the nail with "Asura's Wrath?" Don't answer that. No spoilers. :3

That aside, Matt's got a dang control room set up in Spike's mind, equipped with holographic displays and everything. Oh, and apparently a coffee maker. X3
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

At least someone is comfortable, eh, Matt?

Hmm, well, in ancient mythology Caron was easy to bribe.... offer him a cake?
My characters
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

TarkaTarquol wrote:
_Stu_ wrote:Tarka is always one step ahead recently, he always get my references
*shrugs

You're not the only one who remembers posts the other has made. I remembered that you stated a while ago you finished Metal Gear Rising in the "Discussion: Video Games" thread. My mind also recognized the format of the reference, just with the name replaced. One could also point out that the red aura he has is another clue, as Raiden glows red during the trailer that states that line as well (one of the trailers, at least).

I just have an over-analytic mind, sometimes. I pick up on minute details. Annoys the heck outta my friend quite often. ^^;

EDIT: And I just realized what I went over was two strips ago. While I may hit minute details, the overview escapes me.
Did I really hit the nail with "Asura's Wrath?" Don't answer that. No spoilers. :3

That aside, Matt's got a dang control room set up in Spike's mind, equipped with holographic displays and everything. Oh, and apparently a coffee maker. X3
Ya, i probably made Spike a little too much Jack the ripper xD

Ok though, i won't spoiler anything :*

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

_Stu_ wrote: I probably made Spike a little too much Jack the ripper xD
I believe you are thinking about the grim reaper.
Jack the ripper is alias of the mysterious person (or people, since the individual was never found) that torned apart 9... ahem... women, in London during the 19th century.

TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Silly Zealot wrote:
_Stu_ wrote: I probably made Spike a little too much Jack the ripper xD
I believe you are thinking about the grim reaper.
Jack the ripper is alias of the mysterious person (or people, since the individual was never found) that torned apart 9... ahem... women, in London during the 19th century.
And also a title of Jack (AKA, Raiden) from Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.
YouTube. There ya go. The part I described above is near the end of that vid, around 6:40, I believe.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I take back my previous comment, then.

Pfft, hehehe, "Revengeance". That title gets me every time.

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

No, ships don't bleed. But a heart can.
Last edited by _Stu_ on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

...Well.

That escalated quickly.

With me mentioning Asura's Wrath above, I now can't stop seeing Caron as Augus.

---

Alt Text correction: No 'n' on 'an heart' ^^;
GeckoZY

Post by GeckoZY »

So... if the ship sinks... do the souls drown? (they'll need to re-enter hell the second time) :lol:

I still pity the guards and guardians, they're just doing their jobs. XD
El Psy Congroo