Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Help Create Fino: Post your Fino Drawings/Designs! 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am
Posts: 486
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Looking at other stuff that are similar/varies between the brothers, I've noticed that Fido has bent ears while Joey and Bino has drooped ears. Bino has a darker brown fur patch at his back, while both Joey and Fido seems to have no patches. All of them have different eye colors; brown, green and blue. All three have gray paws and brown nose. Other than what you have mentioned, that seems to be it.

How about an inverted F, or an O? It's pretty simple and somewhat fits the theme.

_________________
SL: Otter Valley
Image
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
Image


Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am
Posts: 639
Images: 1
Location: Deep In The Heart of TEXAS
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
GeckoZY wrote:
Looking at other stuff that are similar/varies between the brothers, I've noticed that Fido has bent ears while Joey and Bino has drooped ears. Bino has a darker brown fur patch at his back, while both Joey and Fido seems to have no patches. All of them have different eye colors; brown, green and blue. All three have gray paws and brown nose. Other than what you have mentioned, that seems to be it.

How about an inverted F, or an O? It's pretty simple and somewhat fits the theme.

Those are some good ideas, maybe Fino should have an overall darker fur color than the other brothers. Perhaps his eyes could be a stark color to complement his darker color scheme. Since Rick has Bino, Fido and Joey's eyes and collars the same color now, Fino's collar would have to match his eyes. Fino's hair should either be related to Bino's or Fido's look, or be something all together unique to Fino?

Anyway what color should Fino's eyes and collar be? Yellow or red maybe?

_________________
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Image


Last edited by Duster on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.



Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1404
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
His eyes can change at will from red, yellow and green. He got hired several times for traffic control.

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:16 pm
Profile
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6296
Location: Florida
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
I say he has pale clue eyes, like small icebergs in a sea of white. His fur is a deep amber, with light, creamy brown patches on his chest and over his left eye. Kind of an inverted color scheme from his brothers. As for the collar, I say carry it further and give him the diamond shape, but with the infinity symbol. Why? Because he can do ANYTHING.

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Posts: 840
Location: The wrong place
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
I say his collar should be black. More befitting of a shady and benevolent personality. Ice blue at volume looks too close to baby blue. Some might mistake him for some childish thing.
Also, I like the idea of a dark-furred Fino, but I don't think inverting his brothers' color scheme just to differ him is a good idea. It might make him look cobbled together by an amateur rather than developed by a section of a fandom, or it might look like we weren't interested enough to come up with a more original color scheme. If he's going to have spots, they'll have to be darker than his fur.

Mod edit: Remember to use the edit button if you want to add information and yours is the most recent post.

_________________
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

Artist, aspiring engineer, Nerf enthusiast.


Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:10 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16944
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Fino looks buff every day. moreso than usual.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:24 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Posts: 840
Location: The wrong place
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Fino looks buff every day. moreso than usual.


What do you mean by "moreso than usual"?




On another note, I think I need to draw up some sort of concept art for Fino, so as to be able to describe how I feel he should be without having to go too much at length with my words.

_________________
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

Artist, aspiring engineer, Nerf enthusiast.


Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:39 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16944
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Mickey the Luxray wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Fino looks buff every day. moreso than usual.


What do you mean by "moreso than usual"?

well, I suppose this needs explaining for the newer members. For a while, any time Fido, a character who is pretty buff usually, showed up in a comic, someone felt the need to comment on how buff he looked, stating "Fido sure looks buff today. moreso than usual."

eventually, we made it into a running gag where we replaced Fido's name with the name of any character appearing in that day's strip, even if they don't usually look buff or look buff in the strip the comment was applied to.

the most recent use:
Argent in the comic discussion thread wrote:
Miles looks pretty buff lately, moreso than usual.



Just like Fino, it's an inside joke amongst the members of the forums, though this one started in the comments section.

so by stating that Fino always looks more buff than usual, I'm saying his buffness level is always above his own average, which is impossible. but that's the fun of it.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:47 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Posts: 840
Location: The wrong place
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Ah, I see now.

_________________
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

Artist, aspiring engineer, Nerf enthusiast.


Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:51 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:40 pm
Posts: 275
Location: In my skin, in my house/car/dorm, in Wisconsin, U.S.A
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Blast it, someone just HAD to link to tvtropes...
And though it's been said, it seems Fino-isms are like Chuck Norris-isms...

Black eyes with a black collar. Same general fur pattern as his bros, but a darker shade. Sunglasses must be reflective. Ears should be controllable, but 90% of the time only the top 1/2 inch is slacking down.

_________________
Dag nabbed petty annoyances...


Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Colonel Mustang, In the elevator, with a hamster!
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Just a heads up, I'll be browsing through this topic again and working on a design for Fino later today. I'll post it up here as soon as its finished and you guys can let me know what needs to be changed and what needs to stay the same.
Also, I'm eventually going to need someone to help colour Fino's design, because (in case none of you browse the Art thread) I am an absolute failure at colouring anything =P That is why all I ever do are pencils... :P

Anyway, just to add a little to the discussion in this forum, I believe this panel is on topic:
Image
I think we can all assume who Bino is REALLY talking about in this strip...

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Mickey the Luxray wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Fino looks buff every day. moreso than usual.


What do you mean by "moreso than usual"?

well, I suppose this needs explaining for the newer members. For a while, any time Fido, a character who is pretty buff usually, showed up in a comic, someone felt the need to comment on how buff he looked, stating "Fido sure looks buff today. moreso than usual."

eventually, we made it into a running gag where we replaced Fido's name with the name of any character appearing in that day's strip, even if they don't usually look buff or look buff in the strip the comment was applied to.

the most recent use:
Argent in the comic discussion thread wrote:
Miles looks pretty buff lately, moreso than usual.



Just like Fino, it's an inside joke amongst the members of the forums, though this one started in the comments section.

so by stating that Fino always looks more buff than usual, I'm saying his buffness level is always above his own average, which is impossible. but that's the fun of it.

I actually never knew that joke, that is AWESOME! I'll be sure to remember to use it next time the opportunity arrises 8-)

_________________
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.


Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am
Posts: 639
Images: 1
Location: Deep In The Heart of TEXAS
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
TheMobian wrote:
Just a heads up, I'll be browsing through this topic again and working on a design for Fino later today. I'll post it up here as soon as its finished and you guys can let me know what needs to be changed and what needs to stay the same.
Also, I'm eventually going to need someone to help colour Fino's design, because (in case none of you browse the Art thread) I am an absolute failure at colouring anything =P That is why all I ever do are pencils... :P

@The Mobian It is really awesome of you to take on such a project!

On topic: Fino to me should be built more or less like Fido, with little hints of Bino to spice things up!

_________________
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Image


Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:10 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Posts: 840
Location: The wrong place
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
So he'll be buff with a pencil neck? Seems legit...

Also, I just had the idea that maybe Fino could be a SWAT dog? Kind of spec-ops or such?

_________________
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

Artist, aspiring engineer, Nerf enthusiast.


Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Colonel Mustang, In the elevator, with a hamster!
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Hey guys, sorry for the delay, but I've been a little busier then expected with art and the whole works (commissions and stuff). Also, I've been spending a fair bit of time studying how Rick Griffin constructs and draws his characters, that way I can draw Fino less in my style, and more in his.

So anyway, I'm drawing fino right now (a rough sketch anyway) without any accessories (meaning I'll just be focusing on his fur pattern and basic design), and I have a question.
Have we really come up with any real fur pattern for Fino yet? =/
I mean, I came up with the idea of him having patches over both his eyes, but has anyone else an idea of an awesome fur pattern for Fino?

_________________
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:12 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2964
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Raccoon mask?

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Colonel Mustang, In the elevator, with a hamster!
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Argent wrote:
Raccoon mask?

Hmmm, nah. I already like the idea of Fino having two separate patches on his eyes. What with Fido having one on one eye, Joey having one patch over the other eye, and Bino having no patches... But if anybody disagrees, I can easily change it.

_________________
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:39 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am
Posts: 486
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
How about a more complex fur patch for his back? Like a t or an x shaped patch?

_________________
SL: Otter Valley
Image
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
Image


Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:55 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Colonel Mustang, In the elevator, with a hamster!
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
GeckoZY wrote:
How about a more complex fur patch for his back? Like a t or an x shaped patch?

Hmmm... Thats a good idea. Although I can't really put something like that into this picture in-particular (since he's facing forward, and you can't really see his back in this sketch), but I can definitely work on stylizing his fur patterns a little :)

_________________
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:04 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Colonel Mustang, In the elevator, with a hamster!
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Finished the first sketch! It only took me a couple minutes to do, but still, its something...
Image
Now feel free to tear it apart, and voice you're opinions on what this design needs! ;) (even if you think what it needs is a complete redo :P )
Oh sweet lord I need to fix those toes... he looks like a frog XP

_________________
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am
Posts: 486
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes
Post Re: Help Create Fino: First sketch is up!
Pointed Shades? Infinity Tag? Elbow and Knee Patches? Nice! Image

_________________
SL: Otter Valley
Image
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
Image


Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:30 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16944
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Help Create Fino: First sketch is up!
huh... I guess each pet doesn't need a unique tag, cause this guy has infinity too

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:26 pm
Profile YIM
Online
Smiley McSmiles
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:56 pm
Posts: 1194
Location: The Housepets Forum ^^
Post Re: Help Create Fino: First sketch is up!
Fino is everywhere :shock:

_________________
Image


Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:06 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am
Posts: 639
Images: 1
Location: Deep In The Heart of TEXAS
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
TheMobian wrote:
Finished the first sketch! It only took me a couple minutes to do, but still, its something...
Now feel free to tear it apart, and voice you're opinions on what this design needs! ;) (even if you think what it needs is a complete redo

I like the initial design TheMobian! Of course there are things that we could alter, but all and all not a bad start!
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
huh... I guess each pet doesn't need a unique tag, cause this guy has infinity too

Guess you have a point there. Perhaps together we can brainstorm a tag that is worthy of Fino, one that is unique and stands out.

_________________
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Image


Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:17 pm
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16944
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: Help Create Fino!
Duster wrote:
Guess you have a point there. Perhaps together we can brainstorm a tag that is worthy of Fino, one that is unique and stands out.

Fino's tag is his own face, because Fino is the only tag worthy of Fino

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:28 pm
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:27 am
Posts: 3906
Location: Cape Breton, Nova Scotia
Post Re: Help Create Fino: First sketch is up!
Either BF or FB. since, well, he's basically Fido and Bino combined, but totally cool.

_________________
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Image


Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:55 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Posts: 840
Location: The wrong place
Post Re: Help Create Fino: First sketch is up!
Random thing that pertains to Fino: I was creating a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon universe in which the school districts pretty much ruled the land. One of the initial names for the antagonizing school district was the Fino School District. This was before I even discovered Housepets, let alone Fino himself. 8c My mind secretly worships him.
I changed it to Verity National School District later on, though.

Also, I like this design, but the tag seems out of place on him. I've noticed that the tags on each pet seem to be formed to their body structure and fur patterns so that they "fit," per se. The tag looks too broad for Fino's body shape, and it draws too much attention from the rest of him.

It wouldn't be wrong to create my own interpretation and post it here, would it? I don't want to offend anyone by going against their views on what Fino should look like...

_________________
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

Artist, aspiring engineer, Nerf enthusiast.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:56 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Colonel Mustang, In the elevator, with a hamster!
Post Re: Help Create Fino: First sketch is up!
Ok guys, I listened to your complaints and compliments and constructed a revamped version of the sketch I posted previously:
Image
Notable Changes include:
- Strength increase. I made Fino a little buffer in this pic, he looked a little thin and weak in the first sketch, and I wanted to fill him out a little more.
- New collar alert. Who needs simple triangle designs when you've got a SOLID GOLD COLLAR. I figure since someone mentioned before that Fino is a immortal (Like Pete and Dragon I guess?) who lives among the housepets of Babylon Gardens, that he have some sort of awesome accessory to show off. Does it have any mystical powers you ask? Phht, I don't know, you tell me ;)
- No more Tail design. While I still like the idea of a design on his tail (and maybe his back or ears), I didn't think what was their before was fitting in any way).
- No Tag. And before anyone asks, no he is not going to be tag-less.. I just thought it best that I avoid drawing the tag on there until we have a good idea of what its going to be of.

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
It wouldn't be wrong to create my own interpretation and post it here, would it? I don't want to offend anyone by going against their views on what Fino should look like...

Of course you can! As I've said before, this isn't just a pet project of mine (no pun intended), this is something I hope the whole forum will work on together. Whether that means suggesting ideas, or drawing them yourself.

All I am trying to do now is create a basic base that we can all work from. If we all just started drawing Fino our own ways from start to finish, we would have a bunch of completely different-looking housepets, and no one would be able to look at each one individually and say "Yep, thats Fino", because they'd all look different. If we have a base to work from, at least he will be distinguishable as Fino no matter what design ideas we put him through.

That being said, what does everyone think of this base for Fino? Any complaints/compliments?

_________________
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 pm
Profile WWW
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6296
Location: Florida
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
Not a fan of the patches actually. You can keep them and he will look alright, but just on the elbows and back of the knees looks kind of strange to me...


As for the tag, maybe something from Cuneiform? It is one of the most ancient forms of writing. I believe it might suit our Fino well.

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Colonel Mustang, In the elevator, with a hamster!
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
copper wrote:
Not a fan of the patches actually. You can keep them and he will look alright, but just on the elbows and back of the knees looks kind of strange to me...

Fair enough. I think a few people are split when it comes to the arm patches. SOme like it, some don't. I'll wait a little while and see what everyone else thinks about them before outright throwing them out the widow though.
The only thing I'm worried about is making him too basic. I mean, this being the base sketch I want him to look some basic of course. But being the All powerful immortal that is... well... Fino, I want his design to stand out among the other housepets, even in its most basic form (fur pattern, etc...).

copper wrote:
As for the tag, maybe something from Cuneiform? It is one of the most ancient forms of writing. I believe it might suit our Fino well.

Hmmmmm, thats a really good idea. And I agree with you, it does fit him rather well.
I'll be sure to take a good look through that link :)

_________________
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.


Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:09 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Posts: 840
Location: The wrong place
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
I agree, the patches just look odd, although they aren't very in-your-face to me. In fact, I had no idea that they were there until copper pointed them out 8S

Also, why do I imagine Fino to be the kind of guy that speaks in a Bond-villain accent? Let's give him a big ol' trench coat! that actually sounds like a good idea

_________________
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

Artist, aspiring engineer, Nerf enthusiast.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:16 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:44 am
Posts: 1535
Images: 3
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
Fino is particularly cool O_O

And Mobian, you draw magnificently

_________________
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Image

Image


Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:43 am
Posts: 613
Images: 1
Location: SoCal in the US
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
Here's my idea of what Fino looks like. What do you guys think? BTW this is in my art style, not Rick's.


Attachments:
Fino.jpg
Fino.jpg [ 36.3 KiB | Viewed 925 times ]
Fino.jpg
Fino.jpg [ 36.3 KiB | Viewed 925 times ]

_________________
Image

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:01 am
Posts: 840
Location: The wrong place
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
It's a bit small, I can't really see him that well. Have you tried posting the picture on a site like dA and linking to it here? That's usually what I do.

_________________
Why do we all have to wear these ridiculous ties?!

Artist, aspiring engineer, Nerf enthusiast.


Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:31 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm
Posts: 316
Location: Colonel Mustang, In the elevator, with a hamster!
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
_Stu_ wrote:
Fino is particularly cool O_O

And Mobian, you draw magnificently


Haha, thanks Stu! I wasn't expecting any artistic compliments on this thread :D

Kateleo007 wrote:
Here's my idea of what Fino looks like. What do you guys think? BTW this is in my art style, not Rick's.

I think it looks pretty good, although I must say that I was rather fond of the idea for Fino having a golden collar...
I'm also not that fond of the "Thug Fino", but the other two look great, and that planet tag you thought up of is rather neat =)

_________________
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.


Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:36 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:48 am
Posts: 1404
Location: The land of the dulce de leche!
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
Both the sketch, and the idea of a shapeshifting tag, are really appealing to me. Carry on!

_________________
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2014, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!


Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:41 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:44 am
Posts: 1535
Images: 3
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
TheMobian wrote:
Haha, thanks Stu! I wasn't expecting any artistic compliments on this thread :D

It's well deserved, i like your style a lot!

_________________
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Image

Image


Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:27 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14324
Location: Italy
Post Re: Help Create Fino: First sketch is up!
TheMobian wrote:
Ok guys, I listened to your complaints and compliments and constructed a revamped version of the sketch I posted previously:
Image
Notable Changes include:
- Strength increase. I made Fino a little buffer in this pic, he looked a little thin and weak in the first sketch, and I wanted to fill him out a little more.
- New collar alert. Who needs simple triangle designs when you've got a SOLID GOLD COLLAR. I figure since someone mentioned before that Fino is a immortal (Like Pete and Dragon I guess?) who lives among the housepets of Babylon Gardens, that he have some sort of awesome accessory to show off. Does it have any mystical powers you ask? Phht, I don't know, you tell me ;)
- No more Tail design. While I still like the idea of a design on his tail (and maybe his back or ears), I didn't think what was their before was fitting in any way).
- No Tag. And before anyone asks, no he is not going to be tag-less.. I just thought it best that I avoid drawing the tag on there until we have a good idea of what its going to be of.

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
It wouldn't be wrong to create my own interpretation and post it here, would it? I don't want to offend anyone by going against their views on what Fino should look like...

Of course you can! As I've said before, this isn't just a pet project of mine (no pun intended), this is something I hope the whole forum will work on together. Whether that means suggesting ideas, or drawing them yourself.

All I am trying to do now is create a basic base that we can all work from. If we all just started drawing Fino our own ways from start to finish, we would have a bunch of completely different-looking housepets, and no one would be able to look at each one individually and say "Yep, thats Fino", because they'd all look different. If we have a base to work from, at least he will be distinguishable as Fino no matter what design ideas we put him through.

That being said, what does everyone think of this base for Fino? Any complaints/compliments?

My hero! :D

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:57 am
Profile WWW
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6296
Location: Florida
Post Re: Help Create Fino: First sketch is up!
valerio wrote:
TheMobian wrote:
Ok guys, I listened to your complaints and compliments and constructed a revamped version of the sketch I posted previously:
Image
Notable Changes include:
- Strength increase. I made Fino a little buffer in this pic, he looked a little thin and weak in the first sketch, and I wanted to fill him out a little more.
- New collar alert. Who needs simple triangle designs when you've got a SOLID GOLD COLLAR. I figure since someone mentioned before that Fino is a immortal (Like Pete and Dragon I guess?) who lives among the housepets of Babylon Gardens, that he have some sort of awesome accessory to show off. Does it have any mystical powers you ask? Phht, I don't know, you tell me ;)
- No more Tail design. While I still like the idea of a design on his tail (and maybe his back or ears), I didn't think what was their before was fitting in any way).
- No Tag. And before anyone asks, no he is not going to be tag-less.. I just thought it best that I avoid drawing the tag on there until we have a good idea of what its going to be of.

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
It wouldn't be wrong to create my own interpretation and post it here, would it? I don't want to offend anyone by going against their views on what Fino should look like...

Of course you can! As I've said before, this isn't just a pet project of mine (no pun intended), this is something I hope the whole forum will work on together. Whether that means suggesting ideas, or drawing them yourself.

All I am trying to do now is create a basic base that we can all work from. If we all just started drawing Fino our own ways from start to finish, we would have a bunch of completely different-looking housepets, and no one would be able to look at each one individually and say "Yep, thats Fino", because they'd all look different. If we have a base to work from, at least he will be distinguishable as Fino no matter what design ideas we put him through.

That being said, what does everyone think of this base for Fino? Any complaints/compliments?

My hero! :D



Oh no, I think someone wants to add Fino to his fic... :roll:

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:50 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 6:53 am
Posts: 14324
Location: Italy
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
Are you kidding?! That has been in my mind the moment we started talking about him!
It will be. So. EPIC.

_________________
Image
Image


Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:24 pm
Profile WWW
Puppy Wrangler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:18 pm
Posts: 6296
Location: Florida
Post Re: Help Create Fino: Revamped sketch is up!
:lol: Of course. Just remember the basis of Fino... he is a fourth brother....

_________________
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Image


Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:38 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MrNeonShot and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.