Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
2013/04/17 - The Important Details 
Author Message
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7738
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
[ The Important Details ]

Title Text: I didn't know Duke Nukem was in this comic

Bill sure doesn't beat around the bush, does he?

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:00 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Posts: 456
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Possibly the worst question he could have asked. :?

Is that Fox's dad or Fox's Dad's Brother?


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:01 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 834
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Well, it had to come to this. Officer Bill had to be involved somehow.

Xane wrote:
Is that Fox's dad or Fox's Dad's Brother?

Dude. Tags.

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:01 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:35 pm
Posts: 4191
Location: Ohio
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Duke Bill cares about the important things that's for sure. :)

_________________
Image
Image


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 203
Location: Home
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
So he´s cool with this whole deal, thats good

_________________
Remember the two rules: stay calm and stay cool; but none of that matters
if you dont remember the third rule: NEVER QUIT


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:03 am
Profile
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:53 am
Posts: 834
Location: Orlando, FL USA
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
I'm surprised she's calling Bill "Daddy" so easily, since she's only been living with him a couple months. :?

_________________
"I don't like when fiction creates characters like Mark Greene from ER, who are never allowed to be happy, then the moment they become happy, they die of cancer."

Image


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:32 pm
Posts: 456
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Huh. I was just kinda surprised that she calls him Dad. His design changed enough that I automatically thought it was her previous owner that Keene brought in to talk to.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:05 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am
Posts: 20
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
A corgi/husky mix? WHERE CAN I GET ONE?! <3

Also, *Fox-Palm* Poor Bailey. It's always your parents who embarrass you! :roll:

_________________
~Sky-Leif (Fox) :3

Study your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Know your actions, for they become habits. Limit your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:06 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:34 pm
Posts: 19
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Hail to the Bailey's dad/guardian, baby.

_________________
I am nothing if not the immortal avatar of everybody's favourite Blood God.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:07 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16512
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
I did notice Bill looking a bit Nukem-y.
Kitch wrote:
I'm surprised she's calling Bill "Daddy" so easily, since she's only been living with him a couple months. :?

well she did stop calling Chuck "Dad" fairly quickly. I suppose they're as quick to adjust to new owners as pets are in the real world. maybe like a week between leaving the last owner to calling the new one "Dad" or "Mom"

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:08 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:39 am
Posts: 475
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Planning for the future is always good, just don't go too far into the future. XD

_________________
SL: Otter Valley
Image
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
Image


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:10 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:25 am
Posts: 303
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Wow, talk about to the point. :lol:
Though those are rather important questions that need to be answered sooner rather than later.

_________________
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:10 am
Profile

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:57 am
Posts: 198
Location: Snowy Montana
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
You can just see the gears grinding in his head.

Lol. X3


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:11 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2221
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
No small talk for Bill.
The man. The cop. The D&D player.

_________________
Part time genius, full time weirdo.

Colors? What are...colors?

“I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.”
Ref Ref!


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:12 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am
Posts: 630
Images: 1
Location: Deep In The Heart of TEXAS
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
*Fwoosh* That's the sound of the topic going right over Bills head. Come to think of it Siborgi dogs are kinda neat looking, I mean who wouldn't want a cute stubby looking husky mix?

_________________
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Image


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:14 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am
Posts: 20
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Duster wrote:
*Fwoosh* That's the sound of the topic going right over Bills head. Come to think of it Siborgi dogs are kinda neat looking, I mean who wouldn't want a cute stubby looking husky mix?


They Exist?! O,O

_________________
~Sky-Leif (Fox) :3

Study your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Know your actions, for they become habits. Limit your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:44 am
Posts: 630
Images: 1
Location: Deep In The Heart of TEXAS
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Sky-Leif wrote:
Duster wrote:
*Fwoosh* That's the sound of the topic going right over Bills head. Come to think of it Siborgi dogs are kinda neat looking, I mean who wouldn't want a cute stubby looking husky mix?


They Exist?! O,O

I'm quite positive that they exist, just Google it! The dogs may come off as a little odd at first glance but after the initial reaction they start to grow on you.

_________________
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Image


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:21 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 12:38 am
Posts: 34
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Bill that was a dumb question that embarrassed Bailey, and don't worry probably Bill will be the one who will take care of the puppies. ;)


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:34 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16512
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Duster wrote:
Sky-Leif wrote:
Duster wrote:
*Fwoosh* That's the sound of the topic going right over Bills head. Come to think of it Siborgi dogs are kinda neat looking, I mean who wouldn't want a cute stubby looking husky mix?


They Exist?! O,O

I'm quite positive that they exist, just Google it! The dogs may come off as a little odd at first glance but after the initial reaction they start to grow on you.

or visit this old thread

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:35 am
Profile YIM
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:48 am
Posts: 20
Location: Minnesota
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
@Ageeknamedbrent

Oh. My. Gosh.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEE! O3O

_________________
~Sky-Leif (Fox) :3

Study your thoughts, for they become words. Watch your words, for they become actions. Know your actions, for they become habits. Limit your habits, for they become your character. Develop your character, for it becomes your destiny.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:43 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:45 am
Posts: 1
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
so bill is both duke nukem AND captain falcon... i now fear for any criminal to run afoul of him. and only a minute amount of pity for any PETA members who try to steal fox again.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:26 pm
Posts: 272
Location: Kansas
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Dissension wrote:
[ The Important Details ]

Title Text: I didn't know Duke Nukem was in this comic


After seeing that, I had re-read the comic and it took me a little bit to hear it in Duke Nukem's voice.

If Bill wore a red shirt, then he'd look exactly like Duke Nukem. and a pair of biker gloves. :)

_________________
My Facebook page: Spartan Lucario
Follow me on Twitter:Lucarionation
Follow my roleplaying twitter!: Fox the Lucario
Follow me on tumblr: Lucarionation
My YouTube Channel: Lucarionation
Let's all get along. =D


Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:56 am
Profile WWW
Bringing Foxy Back
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:32 am
Posts: 15214
Location: Nephelokokkygia
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Who does get the puppies? That's a good question.

_________________
Image
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!


Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:12 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:10 am
Posts: 3
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
They exist, and they are called 'Huggies'.

Ie Corgi + Husky = Huggy!

And at least it's obvious that this isn't malicious, the poor man is just confused...


Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:13 am
Profile
Online
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3388
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Puppies!!!

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:17 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:27 am
Posts: 180
Location: Scotland
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Sleet wrote:
Who does get the puppies? That's a good question.


I'd say King & Bailey should get the puppies. They would be their own children after all!

_________________
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA


Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:30 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:42 pm
Posts: 7738
Images: 0
Location: On Your Mind
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
That sort of ignores that King and Bailey are owned by, respectively, Mr. Keene Milton and Bill.

_________________
Never forget there are people who care, even if you've not met them.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:41 am
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16512
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
well yeah, legally they'd need to decide who owns the puppies, but in reality King and Bailey would be caring for them. Though the expenses would probably be covered by Keene.

also, Why Mr. Keene Milton and not Officer Bill Lindberg?

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:47 am
Profile YIM

Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:51 pm
Posts: 33
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Duster wrote:
Come to think of it Siborgi dogs are kinda neat looking, I mean who wouldn't want a cute stubby looking husky mix?

"Siborgi"? Is that some breed of dog used by the Borg from ST:TNG? :P


Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:01 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:55 am
Posts: 14
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
well yeah, legally they'd need to decide who owns the puppies, but in reality King and Bailey would be caring for them. Though the expenses would probably be covered by Keene.

also, Why Mr. Keene Milton and not Officer Bill Lindberg?


I'm not sure it's as benign as all that. Can Bill sell/give them away in a similar way to how puppies are actually sold/given in real life? Actually, that's another question: how do pet purchases occur in the Housepets verse? Do the pets have to consent? I'm guessing not.

So yeah... I feel like Bill's question is pretty legitimate. King probably wouldn't stand for his children (if/when they come) being given away, but if that's the case, then they are asking Bill to give up what he might consider his "right" as a pet owner. I mean Bill doesn't really seem to be the kind of guy who would do that, but he might have trouble with the idea that he can't.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:08 am
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:12 am
Posts: 93
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Duke Nukem Rocks!!!


Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:08 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16512
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
ntswm2 wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
well yeah, legally they'd need to decide who owns the puppies, but in reality King and Bailey would be caring for them. Though the expenses would probably be covered by Keene.

also, Why Mr. Keene Milton and not Officer Bill Lindberg?


I'm not sure it's as benign as all that. Can Bill sell/give them away in a similar way to how puppies are actually sold/given in real life? Actually, that's another question: how do pet purchases occur in the Housepets verse? Do the pets have to consent? I'm guessing not.

So yeah... I feel like Bill's question is pretty legitimate. King probably wouldn't stand for his children (if/when they come) being given away, but if that's the case, then they are asking Bill to give up what he might consider his "right" as a pet owner. I mean Bill doesn't really seem to be the kind of guy who would do that, but he might have trouble with the idea that he can't.

I don't think anyone in Babylon Gardens would separate one of their pets from their offspring. They're too nice. Of course there is the money issue in most cases for this, but that's not a factor since King has the ferrets to provide for him.

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:16 am
Profile YIM

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:55 am
Posts: 14
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
I don't think anyone in Babylon Gardens would separate one of their pets from their offspring. They're too nice. Of course there is the money issue in most cases for this, but that's not a factor since King has the ferrets to provide for him.


Sure, to some extent. Though, it should be noted that Fido, Joey, and Bino all ended up in different households (with different... step-siblings? in the case of Bino and Max), so they had to be split up at some point. In any case, I'm not saying this would have a particularly practical force on the lives of the actual characters, but it's more a matter of how Bill thinks of it. As Keene points out in the last panel, Bill doesn't really get the whole "King and the wolves view themselves as on equal playing field with humans" thing and how that would apply to his life. He thinks of Fox and Bailey as his rather than as fully equal beings in and of themselves. Obviously, as he sees it, their puppies would be therefore his as well (or his, split with Keene/the Milton Estate).

At least that's how I interpret the issue. Of course, I could be reading it wrong. It's happened before.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:40 am
Profile
laughing maniacally
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:42 pm
Posts: 16512
Location: an invisible, flying volcano over Virginia
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
ntswm2 wrote:
Sure, to some extent. Though, it should be noted that Fido, Joey, and Bino all ended up in different households (with different... step-siblings? in the case of Bino and Max), so they had to be split up at some point. In any case, I'm not saying this would have a particularly practical force on the lives of the actual characters, but it's more a matter of how Bill thinks of it. As Keene points out in the last panel, Bill doesn't really get the whole "King and the wolves view themselves as on equal playing field with humans" and how that would apply to his life. He thinks of Fox and Bailey as his rather than as fully equal beings in and of themselves. Obviously, as he sees it, their puppies would be therefore his as well (or his, split with Keene/the Milton Estate).

At least that's how I interpret the issue. Of course, I could be reading it wrong. It's happened before.

Rick has confirmed that Bino, Fido, and Joey's owners were college roommates, and since they're from the same litter they were bought at the same time and likely immediately moved to Babylon Gardens where they see each other every day. no splitting. they may not have even been bought, maybe they knew their mom's owner.

and I have no comment on the rest of your post

_________________
I'm a shape-shifter. I'm currently in whatever form I feel like
Image
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets


Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:46 am
Profile YIM

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:55 am
Posts: 14
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
ntswm2 wrote:
Sure, to some extent. Though, it should be noted that Fido, Joey, and Bino all ended up in different households (with different... step-siblings? in the case of Bino and Max), so they had to be split up at some point. In any case, I'm not saying this would have a particularly practical force on the lives of the actual characters, but it's more a matter of how Bill thinks of it. As Keene points out in the last panel, Bill doesn't really get the whole "King and the wolves view themselves as on equal playing field with humans" and how that would apply to his life. He thinks of Fox and Bailey as his rather than as fully equal beings in and of themselves. Obviously, as he sees it, their puppies would be therefore his as well (or his, split with Keene/the Milton Estate).

At least that's how I interpret the issue. Of course, I could be reading it wrong. It's happened before.

Rick has confirmed that Bino, Fido, and Joey's owners were college roommates, and since they're from the same litter they were bought at the same time and likely immediately moved to Babylon Gardens where they see each other every day. no splitting. they may not have even been bought, maybe they knew their mom's owner.

and I have no comment on the rest of your post


Ah. Welp, that's what I get for not doing my research.


Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:52 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Posts: 4330
Location: Down Under
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:

Bahaha! Check out Sleet's comment directly below the picture! No offence, Sleet. Just goes to show that Rick will always keep us on our toes.

Oh and awkward for poor Bailey! :lol:

_________________
My RP Characters

I am the GM for 17th Century Fox!

Avatar is my fursona, Furrhan Blackwood, drawn by the incredible Huckley.

Check out Huckley's webcomic!
Image Image


Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:20 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:47 pm
Posts: 432
Location: United States, Illinois.
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
But seriously. Replace Bill's blue shirt with a red one and he'd so be Duke Nukem. Or Duke's younger brother or something.

So King and Fox will be technically brothes or something right? Bet that will make Bino really mad. So no matter what King wins big time! 8-)

_________________
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

Xbox Live Gamertag: Cerberusx32

Image
Image


Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:15 am
Posts: 41
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
To the point I see. Respectable I suppose, granted being to the point tends to be embarrassing occasionally. :roll:


Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:43 am
Profile
Wanna play a game?
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:14 pm
Posts: 2625
Location: Germany, Europe, Terra
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
Is this the right place to fill out the request form? I fully agree with Diss' statement at the other threat:
Dissension wrote:
It's still adorable and probably the only small dog I would ever consider owning.



In my opinion the offspring should be named Cusky/Cuskies. As the father is a Corgi and the mother a Husky. Similar with the Liger (father lion, mother tiger) / Tigon (father tiger, mother lion).
Huggi would be great if King yould be the Husky and Bailey the Corgi.

_________________
_Image

If life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

ImageImage


Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:45 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:34 pm
Posts: 2423
Location: Noonkkot <32,64,51>
Post Re: 2013/04/17 - The Important Details
And, Rick smacks us in the face with the flounder of "you know, the Housepets! universe is kind of creepy" again. :mrgreen:

Sky-Leif wrote:
They Exist?! O,O

Image

Also: Bill is looking buff today, moreso than usual.

_________________
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton of RA (M Pine Marten #B06060) @


Last edited by Argent on Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:54 am
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 94 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.