Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ] 
Vanilla the Bully 

Post Vanilla the Bully
“Turtle, turtle, turtle soup! Turtle, turtle, turtle soup!”

“OWWW! STOP it! STOP it!” cried Vanilla, but her voice was muffled by the hood of her jacket.

Vanilla couldn't breathe, and the pain of the blows would not go away, because the blows themselves would not go away--nor could she see to run, not that she was in a position to be running anyway.

Vanilla thought she was going to DIE!!!

*SNAP!*

The sounds were gone.

The blows stopped.

The pain...remained, as did Vanilla's hood remain over her face. That is, until it moved--all by itself--to uncover her head completely.

"Eugh, let me fix that mess on your--oh, wait, that IS your face," laughed a voice--or rather, three voices.

"Oh, not YOU again!!!" cried Vanilla.

"Me again--and again--and again!" said the chimera.

"I am NOT in the mood for you--leave me alone!!" cried Vanilla, trying to hold back the tears.

"Now is that any way to talk to someone who's just saved you?"

Vanilla turned her head. "You didn't save me--this is a dream."

"Is it? Just because it's not on your usual plane of reality doesn't mean you're dreaming."

"What do you want?"

"What do I want? I want...what you want."

Vanilla cocked her head. "I'm not buying anything."

"And I'm not selling anything. I'm here to give you something."

"What makes you think I'd want what you have to give me anyway?"

"Oh, just you wait--you'll want it, believe you me...."

Before Vanilla could say anything more, the chimera gripped her wrist.

Hard.

"GRRAAAAHHHHHH, LEMMEGOLEMMEGOLEMMEGO!!!"

As if a windstorm had swept up, the chimera blew backwards and out of sight.

Vanilla couldn't be sure, but she thought it had an expression on its faces that indicated that it had not planned that.

Vanilla was halfway home when Bruno stopped her. Him and the other dogs.

"Where do you think you're going, turtle soup?"

Vanilla tried to get out of the way, but it was no use. The other dogs surrounded her.

"Ah-ah-ah, no crossing the bridge without paying the toll."

"Troll would be more like it," muttered Vanilla before she thought better of it.

"What...did you say?"

"Nothing! I just want to go home!"

"Not likely," said Bruno. "You're too much of a brainiac to go home like that."

"Come on, leave me alone! What did I ever do to you?"

"What did you do to us? You moved in the neighborhood, that's what you did to us! Your kind is not welcome here! Go back where you came from!"

"Yeah, go home! Turtle soup, go home! Turtle soup, go home!" said the others.

They began to close in on Vanilla as they said this.

"Would you leave me alone?!?!?" sobbed Vanilla as they all drew their fists back to punch her.

"OWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!"

It took several seconds for Vanilla to realize that howl had NOT come from her.

The husky was shaking his fist and sucking on it like a baby sucking on a pacifier.

"Oh, you want to play rough? Huh? You wanna play rough? HUH?!?" snapped Bruno, shoving Vanilla--

--and hurting his paws again.

"All right, that's it--NO ONE does that to me and lives!!! I'm gonna snap your neck right in two--I don't care if I go to the pound!!!"

The dogs leapt onto Vanilla in a dog pile.

WHOOOMMMM!!!

Suddenly the dogs flew off Vanilla and landed on the asphalt. They were soon standing up and rubbing their sores, then they stared at Vanilla.

"What is WRONG with you, you...you FREAK?!" cried Bruno.

Vanilla began to tear up. She took a step--not toward them--but they backed off anyway.

"RUN!! MAD DOG!! MAD DOG!!"

The bully dogs ran away.

Vanilla was relieved not to have to worry about them anymore, but she wasn't exactly relieved either. She rushed home.

"Help me," said Vanilla to Honey in a very small voice.

"Vanilla? What's wrong? You're out of breath! What happened to you?!" cried Honey, putting a gentle paw on Vanilla's shoulder.

"Something's wrong with me...."

"What is it? Are you sick?"

"Not...exactly.... Do you have an old pillow you're planning to throw away?"

Honey was confused by the question. She looked around, then found something suitably ratty.

"Will this do?"

Vanilla nodded vigorously.

"What are you going to do with it?"

"Throw it in the air," said Vanilla.

"Huh?"

"I know it sounds crazy, just...throw it in the air...."

Honey had a skeptical look, but did as told.

PIFF!!!

Where the pillow had been, there was now a snow of feathers. Honey sneezed for half a minute before things were normal, and now her floor was covered in feathers.

"Vanilla...what did you DO?!?"

Vanilla teared up. "It was all I could do not to remove the hinges from the doors when I came in! Honey, I'm scared!"

Honey gave Vanilla a hug--even that was difficult, as Vanilla had to hold back to avoid choking Honey.

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:17 pm
laughing maniacally

Post Re: Vanilla the Bully
heh, I take it this is based on your comment in the chat thread the other day. fun.

I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 pm
Profile YIM

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
heh, I take it this is based on your comment in the chat thread the other day. fun.

Actually, no, it isn't, but thanks for reminding me of that.... :?

--Phoenix

Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:33 pm
Puppy Wrangler

Huh, wonder what kind of power she received unwillingly...

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Chapter 2

"That's...quite a story...." said Honey when Vanilla told her what happened. She had been picking up the feathers and putting them in the trash the whole time. Vanilla would have offered to help but she didn't know what would happen if she tried.

"You don't believe me."

"I don't think I have a choice but to believe you, Vanilla, not after what you did to my pillow. You're not that strong on your own power."

"I know. I don't want this kind of power. It's scaring me--I don't even know my own strength, so that I can't make adjustments as needed. The most I can do is try to be as gentle as I can, and that's like walking on broken glass."

Honey shook her head. "I don't know what I can do to help you, Vanilla. If this chimera character gave you this power, the most I can think of to do is ask it to take it back."

Vanilla groaned. "Kibble.... In the first place, I don't know if the chimera would take it back. In the second place I don't want to deal with that chimera again if it can be helped. In the third place...."

Vanilla shifted her weight from one foot to the other.

"Yes?"

"This is embarrassing.... In the third place, part of me wants to keep this power."

"Huh? You said you didn't want it--you said it was scaring you."

"Yes, and that's all true!" snapped Vanilla. "But...on the other hand...it's a deterrent against bullies. They won't come after me if they know I could beat them up if I tried."

"Vanilla!" gasped Honey, clapping a paw to her mouth.

"Oh, put your eyes back in your head, Honey--you know I wouldn't do that! Not on purpose...kibble...." Vanilla very gingerly pulled her hood over her head, afraid she might rip it off. "But with this power I could if I tried--or if I had an accident. And if bullies know that, they'll leave me alone."

"I see...." said Honey, who still looked distinctly uncomfortable. "Well, I guess you'll just have to decide if you want to be alone."

"Huh?"

"Nothing."

Vanilla took this as her cue to leave.

"I'm sorry...what was that again?" said Strawberry.

"Please don't make me repeat it," said Vanilla, cringing. "This is hard enough as it is."

"Okay, okay, I'm not trying to make it harder. It's just...wow...I never would have expected it of you, Vanilla. You want police training?"

"Kibble...I don't WANT it--but with this new strength...I'm afraid of what will happen if I use it! And I don't know how to get rid of it! But...if I could train it...could channel it...into something good...like stopping criminals...."

Strawberry put a sympathetic paw on Vanilla's shoulder, although she looked just the least bit afraid of what might happen--nothing did.

"If this is what you want, Vanilla, I can ask Wort to help you."

"NO! Not Wort--it'd be embarrassing!" cried Vanilla. "I was thinking more along the lines of your dad!"

"He can help, Vanilla, but he's not a dog like you are. Wort is. Dad can't teach you how to use your nose, or your teeth, or your ears--he doesn't have the same as you do. Wort can teach you all that."

"Oh, kibble.... Why couldn't that chimera have just left me alone?!?"

"Please, Vanilla, Wort's a good guy. He'll help you however he can."

"I hope he can help me, because I'm out of ideas. I don't like it, but I'm afraid of the alternative.... Okay, Wort it is."

She turned red, as if she had just found out that Wort was asking her out on a date.

It took Wort a few minutes--and a few explanations, plus a demonstration on a McGruff toy--before he was satisfied that Vanilla's story was true. On Vanilla's request, Strawberry remained with them.

Wort cleared his throat. "Well, Vanilla, you do understand of course that we on the force don't beat up criminals--we only subdue the most dangerous of them."

"I know!" groaned Vanilla. "I don't WANT to beat anyone up--I want to learn how to control this strength so that I WON'T beat anyone up!"

"I know--I didn't mean to insinuate anything. But when you're in that situation, your adrenaline can hinder your thinking, and so, since you're not used to your new strength, it's very easy for accidents to happen. You'll need some practice training, getting a feel for your new boundaries. I admit this is going to be a new experience for me, too, since I've never trained anyone with as much strength as you now have, so I don't know what it's going to be like."

Wort muttered under his breath, "I've also never trained a girl before...." He turned red as he thought of this, as though he were just as embarrassed as Vanilla.

"But I'll do my best," he added audibly. "I trust you not to do anything dangerous on purpose, and I'll do my best to use controlled environments to reduce the likelihood of accidents--and we'll start you out on dummies, so that if there are any accidents initially no one real will get hurt."

Vanilla looked at her toes. "Thank you."

"I will, however, need your dad's permission to take you to the training facilities."

Wort nodded. "I'll ask--he usually doesn't mind, but I'll ask."

Vanilla hoped she wouldn't have to go through her whole explanation again to Mr. Cake. Each time she had to tell it it was more embarrassing.

--Phoenix

Last edited by ChewyChewy on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:19 am

The Chimera sure isn't subtle if Vanilla can openly explain about her cursed blessing.

First time for McGruff to appear. I was thinking you might have use a Captain Ersatz substitute like McGurdle from Honorable Intention's fic or when Rick use Alan and the Groundsquirrels.

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style

Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:53 am
Profile WWW
Former Mod of the Aura

I'm enjoying this as per usual Chewy. Vanilla getting some sort of power in interesting, a great idea obviously. I'm unsure exactly what she'll do with it, but I think that's why I like Vanilla so much. Smart, yet unpredictable, but in that way where I always understand her reasoning afterwards due to your writing!

Sorry this took me awhile to read, but thanks for telling me about, I'm looking forward for more. ^^

PF - Brill

Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:17 pm
Profile WWW
Puppy Wrangler

Hmm, I wonder when she goes overboard and the title begins to make more sense...

As for Vanilla, seems she will need to repeat it a few more times at that! :roll:

Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:45 pm
laughing maniacally

I'm pretty sure this isn't the Chimera's doing, but something else. Seeing as how she kinda blew the Chimera away and he wasn't expecting it.

also, since I just read your first story with the Cakes, was that whole longest night thing the chimera's doing? or is there some other supernatural thing that caused that and this power?

RP character sheets

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:05 pm
Profile YIM

I'm pretty sure this isn't the Chimera's doing, but something else. Seeing as how she kinda blew the Chimera away and he wasn't expecting it.

also, since I just read your first story with the Cakes, was that whole longest night thing the chimera's doing? or is there some other supernatural thing that caused that and this power?

That longest night was a parody of A Christmas Carol, nothing more, nothing less.

--Phoenix

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:15 pm
laughing maniacally

wrong. there weren't any ghosts (something less) and Vanilla, unlike Scrooge, woke up from her visions earlier than when she went in (something more).
though I suppose those cancel each other out, so you may be right.

but still, good to know it doesn't have much bearing on the main story.

RP character sheets

Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:22 pm
Profile YIM

Chapter 3

Vanilla felt very uncomfortable, and very embarrassed, as she was brought into the police dog training facilities. She felt as though she had committed a crime and was now being brought to justice. She desperately tried to remind herself of her newfound physical strength so she wouldn't rip her hood off her jacket when she pulled it down over her face. She felt very uncomfortable being around so many dogs larger than herself--all male--and training to fight.

"Gentlemen, I have an announcement to make!" said Wort, clearing his throat.

The others stopped what they were doing and looked at him. Vanilla did as well--was Wort a sergeant, that the others obeyed him so quickly? It should have put her at her ease but it didn't--just the opposite. Now all eyes were in her direction.

"Gentlemen, we have a newcomer here--Miss Vanilla Cake. She wants to--temporarily--join the force with us."

The other dogs laughed as if Wort had just told the funniest joke they had ever heard. Vanilla turned red. She began to fear she had made a big mistake in coming here.

"Her?" said a Rottweiler, wiping his tears. "She's a Sheltie! She's puny! What could she possibly do against criminals?"

A Doberman cleared his throat, trying to stop laughing. "My apologies, Miss--I didn't mean to make fun of you, but I don't believe in letting a lady put her life in danger without cause. Better leave it to us, who have had training."

Trust me, the last thing I want to do is put my life in danger, thought Vanilla, but she couldn't bring herself to say it out loud.

"I think a demonstration is in order," said Wort. "Any of you have a coin?"

The Rottweiler pulled out a quarter. "Here--what's she gonna do, shoot a hole in it?" he laughed.

"No, she has no experience firing guns. Go ahead, Vanilla."

Vanilla looked really embarrassed. "Do I have to give a demonstration?"

"Go ahead--we wanna laugh some more!" said the Rottweiler.

"Hey!" barked the Doberman. "It isn't canine to laugh at a lady!"

"Oh, go chase your tail!"

Vanilla began to think of Bruno and the others, laughing at her and making fun of her.

"Turtle, turtle, turtle soup! Turtle, turtle, turtle soup!"

She began to get angry.

Very angry.

The Rottweiler tossed the coin into the air.

BANG!!!

All the dogs ducked and covered, including Wort. When they looked, there was no sign of the quarter. But there was a large, gaping hole in the wall, near the ceiling--it resembled a bullet hole, but it was too big.

Vanilla caught her breath, staring at the hole. She hadn't meant to do that, but there it was. She stared at her foot, the foot that had kicked the coin.

The Rottweiler stared at her. "Hey now...I didn't mean any harm, Miss.... I didn't know.... It looks like we could use you on the force after all...."

Vanilla couldn't believe it. Was this Rottweiler, who had just laughed at her two seconds ago, showing her...respect?

Vanilla shifted her weight from one foot to another. "No permanent damage done, I guess...." She turned to the Doberman. "I don't think you have to worry too much about me putting my life in danger--but I appreciate your concern." She couldn't believe how brave she was being, talking to a Doberman she didn't even know that well.

The Doberman bowed low. "I suppose you know your own capacity best, Miss."

"Actually, no, I don't. That's why I came here, so I could train myself and stop having accidents. That and...put my strength to good use."

"Well, you'll certainly get that here!" said the Rottweiler. "I'm Kernel, and this stick in the mud is Lou."

Lou, the Doberman, gave Kernel a dirty look, then kissed Vanilla's paw.

"A pleasure, Miss."

Vanilla turned red. "Er...nice to meet you two."

"Come on, Vanilla, I'll be in charge of your training," said Wort.

Now Vanilla was really embarrassed. She was going to be alone...with Wort?

Calm down, Vanilla, relax.... she told herself. It didn't help much.

Wort sighed. "That's the third dummy you've torn apart, Vanilla."

"I KNOW! Kibble!" groaned Vanilla.

"You've done a good job of learning where your limits are, I'll grant you that, but you're still losing control in stressful situations. You need to restrain yourself--if you're going to be on the force you're not going to have controlled environments. Criminals won't give you a chance."

"I know, I know, okay?" snapped Vanilla. "It's hard!"

"I understand. It's a matter of feeling your way. I'm not nearly as strong as you are, now, but it took me awhile to do the same thing. It took almost two weeks before I learned how not to bite down hard enough to break skin when I was in a stressful situation--we're not supposed to do that."

Vanilla cocked her head. "It took you that long?" Rather than think about how long it was going to take her, she was now interested in Wort's experiences.

Wort nodded. "We won't send you out on the streets until you're ready. Right now I'm not so much worried for your own safety as for the safety of the criminals, with you on the loose."

Vanilla hung her head. "Rub it in, why don't you?"

"I'm sorry--I didn't mean to hurt your feelings," said Wort sincerely.

Vanilla sniffed. "Why'd that chimera have to do this to me?"

Wort gently put a paw on Vanilla's shoulder. Vanilla cringed, but didn't dare react, fearing she might break his arm. It felt nice...but she knew she couldn't let herself enjoy it too much. Wort was busy, and wasn't interested in her that way.

"Do you want to try again?"

Vanilla wiped a tear. "Give me a minute."

"Okay."

Vanilla snuffled her tears back. It took several seconds before she finally said, "Okay, I'm ready."

"Well, after a month's training, I am proud to present this badge to Miss Vanilla Cake, marking her as a temporary private on the force of our police department!" said Wort to the other police dogs.

"Congratulations, Miss Cake!" said Kernel.

"And...do be careful out there," added Lou.

Vanilla still looked as embarrassed as ever, but tried to remind herself that she had done it. Now she could control herself even in stressful situations, to where she didn't do any serious damage. She had never thought it would be possible. Maybe this wasn't such a bad thing after all.

She nervously stepped up to get pinned with the badge.

"Congratulations, Vanilla," said Wort as he pinned the badge on her jacket. Vanilla looked at it. She could hardly believe she was wearing it. This was no role-play with Honey, this was real.

"Th-Thank you," said Vanilla. "Thank you...all."

She started to cry.

"Why, what's the matter, Miss Cake?" said Lou.

"Nothing," said Vanilla. "Cinders in my eyes, that's all."

No one was buying it, but they didn't say anything. Vanilla was choked up. She tried very hard not to let herself think about what she would have to endure when they went on actual rounds--even now that still scared her.

Very much.

--Phoenix

Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:25 am
Puppy Wrangler

Well, that is a good thing! She at least managed to control the strength she has.... only question I have is if she will become corrupted by her own power or not.... even the righteous can succumb at times....

I wonder how Honey will react to the badge once she sees it, or her dad...

Nice new characters! Are they a once only appearance?

Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:33 pm

Thanks! I meant them to be, but knowing me I might find use for them in later installments.

Chapter 4

"Wow, is that badge real?" said Honey when she saw it.

"It says 'K-9', doesn't it?" said Vanilla, who didn't mean it as sarcastically as it sounded. She had been trying to make it a joke, to defuse the tension.

"It's just--I'm just so surprised! Congratulations, Vanilla!" said Honey.

"Thanks...but I don't feel like I deserve congratulations."

"Why not?"

Vanilla sighed. "This power isn't mine by nature, and I didn't ask for it, and I don't want it. I just have to channel it. Now I know my own strength and so I can control it."

"But?"

"But I'm still scared. It was bad enough dealing with bullies--now I'll have to deal with criminals!"

Honey gently put a paw on Vanilla's shoulder. "I don't blame you for being scared, Vanilla. I would be too. But if you have this power, and you don't know how to get rid of it, this is probably the best thing you could have chosen to do. 'With great power comes--'"

"Don't finish that, 'Uncle Ben'," said Vanilla.

"Okay, okay, but it's good advice. And at least you've decided to join the police dogs instead of being a wrestler."

"Don't remind me...." Vanilla turned red and gently pulled her hood over her face. "It's bad enough dealing with criminals, but now I'm gonna be with Wort more often."

"I guess it would be easier if he were interested in you...."

"Honey! That would be worse!"

Honey's ears perked up. "How, exactly...?"

"Kibble, do I have to draw you a diagram? Then I'd get distracted! Plus I'd be more vulnerable emotionally--BIG mistake when I'm like this! Kibble, I wish my strength had been the emotional kind instead of the physical kind...."

Honey thought about this. "That makes sense. I kind of wish you had that kind of strength too, and that you kept it forever."

Vanilla sniffled. "Then I wouldn't have taken it so hard, with Wort--or with the bullies."

Honey gently gave Vanilla a hug.

Vanilla was riding in the sidecar, with Wort, of the police motorcycle driven by Officer Yogurt. It was daytime, so that Vanilla was far more comfortable than she would have been at night. Wort had insisted on this since Vanilla was new at this, and Vanilla was grateful for it. But that didn't make Vanilla any less uncomfortable, riding with Wort--especially since, instead of wearing her usual jacket, she was wearing a uniform, with her "K-9" badge on it. She felt exposed, like a fraud whom everyone could see through.

It was a quiet day, and while part of Vanilla was relieved that she didn't have to put her strength to use, another part of her was bored--and upset that there was no distraction from the fact that she spent hours riding in the sidecar with Wort. Vanilla retreated into herself and pouted. She couldn't win--either way she wasn't happy. Now she really wished she'd been given emotional strength instead of physical strength--not that she expected the chimera to actually do that. It wasn't the type.

They were waiting in the coffee shop--a place with windows instead of walls, so that they could see what was going on. Vanilla thought it a little cliche, but to his credit, Officer Yogurt wasn't fattening up on donuts. However, he did order a cup of cappuccino and a scone. He also ordered for Wort and Vanilla.

"Gotta keep up your energy," he said. "But without slowing you down with cramps."

Vanilla wasn't really hungry or thirsty, but she ate and drank anyway, knowing it was important.

Presently, a little black puppy entered the shop.

"Hey! No animals allowed without a leash--or an owner," said the coffee shop owner.

"I-I'm sorry...said the black puppy. I just wanted to--to see the police officer."

"Excuse me, dogs, I'll be right back," said Officer Yogurt. "Keep an eye on things while I'm gone--both here and outside."

Now Vanilla really felt embarrassed. She was alone with Wort. If they didn't have any criminals to track, it would really feel like a date. Either way it would be uncomfortable.

Vanilla only saw it out of the corner of her eye, and hoped she was imagining it. She tried to avert her eyes, but it wouldn't leave her mind.

"What is it, Vanilla?"

Vanilla cringed. "O-Over there, over there...." she said, tensing her finger and discreetly pointing out the window, sounding for all the world like a kid afraid of a monster in her closet.

Wort looked. Someone was snatching things out of an open truck--he wasn't wearing a uniform, and kept looking around, as if in hopes no one would see him. And the man was very large, and very tough-looking. It was behind Officer Yogurt, who was talking to a very panicky-looking black puppy.

"A setup," said Wort. Quickly he stepped outside the coffee shop, careful to look in the opposite direction of the thief. He talked to Officer Yogurt.

Vanilla was left alone. Now she was very uncomfortable. Her first thought was to stay out of it. She was intimidated by the large man--and she didn't know if she would be able to control her strength this time. Then again, he might get away, and Officer Yogurt didn't have backup--that was probably why he was on the walkie-talkie.

Still, what could Vanilla do? She didn't have super-speed, only super-strength. If she ran, she might mess up the street. And if she didn't, the man might get away.

In one instant, Vanilla had an idea. She tried desperately to pressure it out of her mind. She felt like Frodo volunteering to go to Mordor to drop the One Ring in Mount Doom. Still...if this were the only chance....

She wished she had her jacket with her.

"Excuse me, sir, I don't think those belong to you," said the very small Sheltie in the K-9 uniform.

The man was startled, but smirked when he saw her. "Aw, cute little puppy playing games."

The Sheltie frowned. "Actually, I'm temporary officer Vanilla Cake of the K-9 unit."

"Sure, sweetie, and I'm King Louis XIV."

"Then you'd better give me your secret to longevity--after you come with me."

The man looked confused, then smiled extremely condescendingly as he bent over Vanilla. "Speaking of secrets, sweetie, this is our little secret, 'kay? We don't want anyone getting hurt."

Vanilla began sweating profusely even though she knew of her super strength. "No, we don't...do we?" she said, standing her ground.

The man gritted his teeth. "Now, you don't want to be held for hostage, do you? I warn you, I'm NOT gentle." He grabbed her shoulder.

Vanilla tensed up. "Take...your hand...off me...please...."

"Or what, girlie?"

Before he knew it, the man felt his hand in a vice-like grip. Vanilla had grabbed it--but while she was only pinching slightly hard (she thought), the man was screaming his lungs out, and Vanilla thought she heard (though she hoped it was her imagination) bones crunching.

"Hey, hey, hey! What's going on here?!" said Officer Yogurt, rushing over.

"Your dog crushed my hand! She's psycho! Put her down!"

Vanilla was cut to the quick by that last comment. "Take...that...back!"

Before the man knew what was happening, he was judoed to the ground. He was still alive, and no bones were broken, but he was covered in bruises. All Vanilla had done was twist her arm.

"Vanilla...what did you do?"

Vanilla stared. She remembered every Droopy cartoon she ever saw when he said, "You know what? That makes me mad."

In real life it was not funny.

At all.

"What's...happening to me...?"

--Phoenix

Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:30 am
Puppy Wrangler

Ouch, looks like Vanilla is getting too strong... sucks big time....

Nice Lord Of The Ring's reference there! :lol:

I wonder what gave her that power if not the Chimera...

Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:50 pm

Chapter 5

Mr. Cake and Honey had been notified that Vanilla was in a cell at the police station. This was not a punishment for a crime committed, but something that Vanilla had herself requested. Indeed, all knew that Vanilla was strong enough to get out of the cell if she tried it, so that there was no point in trying to contain her there against her will.

Before they arrived, Wort went to talk to Vanilla.

"Do you...want to come out now?"

Vanilla sniffled. "Wait until I can't get out on my own, then let me out."

Wort fiddled with his fingers. "You're lucky that thief was afraid of your strength--he's not going to sue."

"Don't remind me that he could have!" cried Vanilla. "I thought this would be a good outlet for this super strength--I thought...I thought if I put it to good use...then I--I...."

Vanilla couldn't even finish the sentence.

"Hey...hey, it's okay--"

"No, it isn't! I don't want this strength anymore!"

Vanilla was about to pound her fist, but stopped herself at the last minute. That only made her sob all the harder.

Wort was silent as he left.

"Chimera! If you're listening, you take this strength away from me right now!"

"Or what?"

Vanilla turned around. The chimera appeared right in the cell with her, cowering in the corner.

"Oh, drop the act! Just take away this strength! I don't want it! I never did!"

"D-Didn't you?"

"What are you talking about?"

The chimera gave her a wide berth. "You hate being out of control. You hate that you've been used and bullied. You hate that you can't do anything about it. Now you can."

"Yeah, and get in trouble for it!"

"From whom?"

Vanilla plugged her ears, not wanting to hear any more.

It didn't help.

As if her ears were not plugged, she heard the chimera's voice anyway. "No one can make you do anything you don't want now. They'd be too scared. You're so strong you could be the queen of the world if you wanted to. You could outlaw all using and abusing forever."

Vanilla was determined not to listen, but--no using and abusing? Forever? Was it possible--?

No.

NO.

She would not force that on anyone--then she'd be the bully.

Bully?

Vanilla...a bully?

"I'm sorry, sir, that table is reserved."

"Yeah?" said the big, tough man, grabbing the manager of the restaurant by the lapel. "For who?"

"F-For Miss Vanilla Cake."

The man darted his head back and forth. Then he felt a tap on his shoulder.

He turned fast and looked down. There was a very small, very young Shetland sheepdog.

"NO!! D-Don't hurt me, Miss Cake! I-I didn't know you were back in town!"

"You intended to deceive me by sitting in my table without my knowledge. Unacceptable."

"N-No...please don't--NO!!!"

The man had to be escorted out because his body was twisted into a pretzel, and he could not undo it.

The manager flashed a fake smile to Vanilla. "It's GOOD that you took care of that troublemaker, Miss Cake. Now, what can I get you? Your usual?"

"Make it two--I need to keep up my strength. I presume I get the discount?"

"D-Discount?"

Vanilla grabbed the man's lapel--and ripped it off.

"O-Of course, Miss Cake! Happy to! And I'll pay for this--no problem!"

Vanilla tried desperately to get this image out of her mind. The worst part of it was that....

...on some level....

...Vanilla liked it. She liked not being picked on--she liked others being afraid of her for a change.

No. She would not let herself entertain that.

She struggled to get another image out of her mind--but it wouldn't go away.

"Long live Queen Vanilla! Long live Queen Vanilla!"

Vanilla was the queen of the entire world, having all the world's armies at her disposal--there was no possibility of war, only insurrection. She also had all the power of the world's media, and used it to prevent anyone from using or abusing anyone--and to tell them there was no such thing as romantic love. She also had a monopoly on economic power, so that all had to get their money from her--as she chose to give it out.

"What is the first order of business, your majesty?" said Honey.

"Have Bruno brought to me."

Honey gulped. "Y-Yes, ma'am!"

Bruno was brought in chains before Vanilla, escorted by two security guards who looked bigger and stronger than Vanilla but weren't--at least, not stronger.

"W-What are you gonna do to me?!" cried Bruno.

"First and foremost I'm going to watch you squirm. You've done nothing but bully me, Bruno, and now I'm the queen of the world. What do you say to that?"

Bruno began to cry. "I--I didn't mean it! Please--don't hurt me! I'll do anything!"

"Anything?"

"Anything! I'm sorry! I'm just so scared of the world--I'm scared of my dad--I'm scared of the pound--I have no control over anything!"

Vanilla's ears perked up.

"What did you say?"

"I have no control over anything!" sobbed the husky, who seemed to be shrinking before Vanilla....

And his straitjacket now seemed to be turning into a green hoodie....

Not unlike--

"No--no, it can't be! Honey! Mirror! NOW!"

Honey rushed to get a hand mirror for Vanilla.

Vanilla looked.

The shriek that emanated from her throat shattered the mirror and all glass for fifty miles around.

--Phoenix

Sat May 04, 2013 2:29 pm

She only has super strength, now she's treated as if she's the juggernaut. :o

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style

Sat May 04, 2013 4:00 pm
Profile WWW
laughing maniacally

so now I'm thinking this is the chimera's doing, but he made her stronger than he intended. So now he's scared.

also, classing Twilight Zone reference in there.

RP character sheets

Sat May 04, 2013 8:38 pm
Profile YIM

so now I'm thinking this is the chimera's doing, but he made her stronger than he intended. So now he's scared.

also, classing Twilight Zone reference in there.

Which Twilight Zone reference? :? If I did make a reference it was purely an accident.

EDIT: Forget it, I did it on purpose and totally forgot. :oops: I am so embarrassed....

--Phoenix

Last edited by ChewyChewy on Sat May 04, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 04, 2013 9:19 pm
laughing maniacally

ChewyChewy wrote:
It's GOOD that you took care of that troublemaker, Miss Cake.

that's what everyone said in the episode with Anthony sending everyone to the cornfield in this episode

RP character sheets

Sat May 04, 2013 9:32 pm
Profile YIM

ChewyChewy wrote:
It's GOOD that you took care of that troublemaker, Miss Cake.

that's what everyone said in the episode with Anthony sending everyone to the cornfield in this episode

*facepalm*

Okay...would you believe I totally forgot I put that in there? :oops: Please ignore what I said above....

--Phoenix

Sat May 04, 2013 11:08 pm
laughing maniacally

I would believe that.

RP character sheets

Sat May 04, 2013 11:27 pm
Profile YIM
Puppy Wrangler

Well, she overreacted...

That chimera sure is a troublemaker. I hope she gives him a good punch in the face before he takes the power back.

Sun May 05, 2013 3:12 am

copper wrote:
Well, she overreacted...

That chimera sure is a troublemaker. I hope she gives him a good punch in the face before he takes the power back.

Actually, that's probably exactly what the chimera WANTS her to do....

--Phoenix

Sun May 05, 2013 10:32 am
Puppy Wrangler

Oh please, the chimera screwed up more than likely and meant to give her emotional strength, but instead gave her physical strength. Now he is just covering. :roll:

Sun May 05, 2013 3:25 pm
laughing maniacally

as I said, something went wrong. The chimera is obviously scared of her. and let's not forget
ChewyChewy wrote:
Vanilla couldn't be sure, but she thought it had an expression on its faces that indicated that it had not planned that.

the only question is, did he make her stronger than he planned? did he give her the wrong kind of strength? did he do exactly as he planned, but didn't expect her to not be in control of it?

RP character sheets

Sun May 05, 2013 4:12 pm
Profile YIM

@copper: Are you writing this story or am I? :P

@Brent: Just going to have to wait and see.... ;)

--Phoenix

Sun May 05, 2013 6:27 pm

I imagine this version of the Chimera to look like this link only cuter?

The thought of him/her/them cowering make this even funnier.

Sun May 05, 2013 9:35 pm
Profile WWW

kavviyenta wrote:
I imagine this version of the Chimera to look like this link only cuter?

The thought of him/her/them cowering make this even funnier.

Not "cuter", but more cartoony--like Discord in My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

--Phoenix

Sun May 05, 2013 9:46 pm

Chapter 6

"Grah, get out of my head!!" screamed Vanilla as she tried to bring herself back to reality.

"Are you going to punch me?" asked the chimera.

"Oh, you'd love that, wouldn't you?"

"Wouldn't you?"

"Stop it."

"I ruined your life--look where you are right now. You didn't want me to do this to you, but now you have super strength, and even I'm not invincible to it. If you punched me, it would hurt."

"Not listening."

"Hurt me, like I hurt you."

"NO!!"

She stood up and faced the chimera--as best she could, because it had three different faces.

"I am NOT a bully! I will not be like you! I will not be like Bruno! I will not do to others what they've been doing to me! This cycle must end!"

The chimera stopped cowering, and looked angry.

Seriously angry--it scared Vanilla, and she almost drew back her fist just in involuntary self-defense. But she managed to control herself.

The chimera gripped her wrist--and winced.

"OwowowowOWOWOW...." cried Vanilla as she felt herself weaken.

"I should have known better than to waste super powers on a little chicken of a mutt," said the chimera. "Have fun being used and abused the rest of your life, loser."

The chimera stomped its foot into the ground, then seemed to pull itself into three parts and vanish.

When all were satisfied that Vanilla no longer had super strength, they let her go home, and she explained to Honey what had happened.

"You know what the worst part of it was?" said Vanilla.

"What?"

"I liked it. I didn't want to--desperately didn't want to!--but...part of me liked it. Part of me loved being that strong, and having others be afraid of me for a change. I hate to admit it but...part of me is sorry I gave it up."

Honey didn't respond.

"Not a big part--don't worry. But still...now it's gonna go back the way it was before. Other animals will use me for my brain and pick on me because they're jealous. And now I can't do anything about it."

"No, you can't."

Vanilla stared. "I thought you were my friend."

"I am--I'm not going to lie to you. There are some bad people out there, and you don't have the power to control what they do, or say--or even think. Vanilla, when I was little there were some pets who thought I was stupid, and thought they could take advantage of me."

"Seriously?"

Honey nodded. "It's my perky personality. Just because I'm so happy and excited so often--and maybe also because I'm a girl--they think my head's empty. They're honestly surprised when they learn I have a brain--and sometimes they're disappointed."

Vanilla frowned and turned her head. "How do you stand it?"

Honey put a paw on her shoulder. "I remind myself that I know better. If they want to believe a lie, and act on it, it's their loss--they're preventing themselves from getting to know the real me, and so they could be missing out on a wonderful friendship. I know what I'm really like, and that's enough--and it helps that I have you and Dad to know what I'm really like too."

Vanilla looked into Honey's eyes, trying to hold back tears.

"If you ever get bullied again, just think to yourself, 'I wouldn't trade places with you for anything.' They're only hurting themselves, because they won't let themselves get to know the real you, and be your friend. But Dad and I know what you're really like, and we love you."

Vanilla couldn't hold back anymore. She let the tears come, and hugged her sister.

"Did you have to be so hard on her?" said the white rabbit.

"Of course! I would have punched her myself if you'd have let me," said the chimera.

"I know. That's why I didn't let you--besides, it wasn't necessary."

The chimera grumbled. "You and that Sheltie are no fun at all."

The rabbit smiled. "You could learn something from her sister, you know."

"Yeah, yeah, poor me, I'm so misunderstood. Feh!"

"It's your loss."

"Yeah, well, I'm just waiting for the next time I can have fun with her."

"You're just going to have to wait," said the rabbit.

"I hate waiting."

"I know--that's why you're just going to have to wait."

The invisible entities left the Cake house--and while the rabbit let their memories be obscured, all who had learned lessons (Vanilla especially) did not have that taken away from them.

--Phoenix

Tue May 07, 2013 1:16 pm

And that led to Honey having a layered dream experience.

Is the white rabbit Chimera's avatar? (Since they're not part of U&U, I assumed that can be allowed)

Wed May 08, 2013 2:11 pm
Profile WWW

kavviyenta wrote:

Is the white rabbit Chimera's avatar? (Since they're not part of U&U, I assumed that can be allowed)

:lol: No. :P

Not at all--Peter is more powerful than the chimera is. I tried to make that obvious--Peter wouldn't let the chimera do something. The chimera has no control over Peter.

--Phoenix

Wed May 08, 2013 2:30 pm
laughing maniacally

ChewyChewy wrote:
kavviyenta wrote:

:lol: No. :P

Not at all--Peter is more powerful than the chimera is. I tried to make that obvious--Peter wouldn't let the chimera do something. The chimera has no control over Peter.

I actually forgot about Peter. I guess that's what he wanted, though. :lol:

RP character sheets

Wed May 08, 2013 5:40 pm
Profile YIM
Puppy Wrangler

And so it ends... I wondered about Peter! So they are playing their own little game, eh? How fun!

I hope that Brutus learned a thing or two as well...

Honey and Vanilla hugging it out. Is there anything more precious than that? :D

Thu May 09, 2013 9:22 pm

copper wrote:
And so it ends... I wondered about Peter! So they are playing their own little game, eh? How fun!

I hope that Brutus learned a thing or two as well...

Honey and Vanilla hugging it out. Is there anything more precious than that? :D

What makes you think it's a game?

Who's "Brutus"? :? Do you mean Bruno?

:D

Glad you liked it!

--Phoenix

Thu May 09, 2013 9:29 pm
Puppy Wrangler

Yep, Bruno.... I keep wanting to call him Brutus! :lol:

Thu May 09, 2013 9:41 pm

copper wrote:
Yep, Bruno.... I keep wanting to call him Brutus! :lol:

:lol: If this were a comic I might have Honey and Vanilla imaginate Julius Caesar.... :roll:

--Phoenix

Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 pm
Puppy Wrangler

Only if there is a Cassius too!

Thu May 09, 2013 10:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]