HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

xhunterko

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by xhunterko »

"It's a party to chase evil spirits away!" Mitch said, excited. They reached the new lake's edge and there was a couple struggling with a table, and Mitch started helping them pull it out.

"We light a bunch of lanterns, big ones, small ones, some very large ones," Mitch said, "And let them go up in the air in the evening! There's dancing all day and parties all night. It'll be the first I'll be in."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Cool! just like the Chinese do! It must be quite the sight! Will I be allowed to light up a lantern and let it go?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch nodded and grinned.

"Sure!" He said.

"You'd have to send it off with our's though," Mitch said, helping set the table on the grass.

"It's no good setting off alone," he added.

A slightly older, female panda, hearing the conversation, walks up to Rikki.

"Families are usually sent off together dear," she said with a wink. Mitch blushed.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"And to think that you gave me the impression that I could be out of place here."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Eh heh, sorry," Mitch said, going for another group that had a bed this time. A panda warrior approached Mitch, a scout with a yellow kneckerchief.

"Yes?" Mitch asked.

"Orders from your father sir, he requests you and yours at chapel for further instructions," he stated. Mitch sighed.

"All right, if she's willing, let's go see what my dad wants, or you can stay here and help," he said to Rikki. Mitch moved over so the scout could take his spot with helping lift the bed and waited to see what Rikki wanted.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I'll come with you, of course. The more I know about this tribe and your family, the better. Right? So no, you won't get rid of me that easily, amore."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Hey, I'm not the one seperating us. Heh, come on Zhang," Mitch said to the scout. And with that, they jumped up to the trees. Mitch waited for Rikki for a moment.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The black ferret climbed up with an impressive speed! "Trained + natural abilities. So, where to?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"The chapel of course," Mitch said, climbing up higher to get a better look. It wasn't too far away. But Mitch noticed some of the trees had red flags on them.

Huh, must've expected for people to follow them. He thought.

"Let's get moving," he said. Following the flags.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"What do the flags mean?" she asked, while following
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch stopped and looked at her.

"This is the way to the chapel?" Mitch said, "Not all things have to have a meaning hon."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Well, forgive me, milord! What with the security you had for your own protection, my cop instincts start to look for hidden meanings everywhere."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch grinned.

"Well," he said, "Not quite everywhere. Heh." He then continued to follow the trail.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

The car pulled up to the Haynes house and Jenny and Lance got out. Lance stretched and yawned a bit looking over to his Mom. "I hate to ask but I'm rather hungry is there anything to eat?" Jenny smiled and nodded "Yeah I can whip something up, believe me I'm famished as well." She said opening up the door and heading for the kitchen.

Lance plopped down on the sofa and let out a sigh of relif as his dad walked over kissing Jenny on the lips holding her close. He looked over at Lance and shook his head. "Dinner will be a while kid, go take a shower or something. Your dirty as heck." He said. Lance sheepishly grinned and got up nodding and heading for the bathroom. He looked back at Jenny and shook his head "You too, I can cook dinner." Rob said. Jenny opened up her mouth to protest but Rob just shook his head and pointed to the basement. Jenny didn't fight it and went to the basement without another word.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Shortly they arrived at the chapel. Mitch's father was standing at the entrance with a couple of warriors.

"There he is," Benjamin said, "Mitch, I would like for you and Rikki to help designate sleeping partitions. Try to use the pews in the main hall, as well as some flags for the main room upstairs. We have those in baskets by the doors. There's 43 of us to make spots for."

"We're not using the rooms?" Mitch asked.

"Those are off limits, I don't want people getting jealous and fights breaking out," Benjamin said. Mitch sighed.

"All right," Mitch said, "Ah well, this shouldn't take long, and you'll be home before you know it, come on!" And into the chapel he went.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Belisarius brought his mate into the bathroom. Ms. Leone - he couldn't just call her 'Mom', it felt so...unnatural - had instructed him to wash himself and Janus quite thoroughly. They were dirty and smelled unpleasant, she had said, although not in ill will. Plus, she *was* pack leader, and Belisarius was obliged by etiquette to respect her wishes.
And so, the wolf deposited Valient into the shower stall. "Oh, well, you're going to wake up anyway." he grabbed the shower head and turned on the water. Cold.
A long howl of anguish followed shortly later.
---
"Perhaps I am being dense," Rikki said while helping Mitch in that task. "But why? After all, you guys could just pick up a pew and get to sleep, right?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"It just makes things more structured I guess," Mitch said, "And this way we know where most everyone is. But anyways, it's not my position to argue."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"You're so right: You must get used to be obeyed, milord." Rikki made a deep bow.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch stopped what he was doing and hugged Rikki from behind.

"It's not like that really," he said, giving her a firm hug, "Everything is open for discussion. But my dad, the shaman, and the ranked warriors are in charge. And my dad can have the final word on some things. But my dad is chieftan because his dad was chieftan. And his dad was chieftan cause the ranked warriors and the shamans wanted him to be chieftan at the time. Each elected chieftan has the right to have his son follow him in the line if they want. And if he doesn't, the ranked warriors and the shamans will decide who is the next chieftan. And if the ranked warriors and the shaman want me as chieftan, well, then I'll take it. I have a pretty good standing, and they seem to like you fairly well. But I can't have somebody do just anything if that's what your thinking. If your not I'm sorry. But it really isn't like that."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki feigned a pout. "Aww, too bad! I had hoped that, as your consort, I would lead my cortege with an iron paw and be served at any whim."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well my dear, if that were the case, I'd have you wear an iron gauntlet that would minimize your movement to serve as a reminder," Mitch said in a joking tone, and began rocking her gently back and forth, "But sorry, not the case my lady."

"Getting lots of work done I see," Nora said, standing behind them, and trying not to smile. Mitch stopped embarrased for a moment, but didn't let go.

"Er, uh, we, uh er un, um, uh, y-yeah," Mitch stammared. They were at the end of the room near the altar.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Signora, I assure you, I am only doing my duty as stress-reliever." Rikki was really trying not to laugh. Poor Mitch was literally radiating heat together with his embarrassment.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well dear, you seem to be doing a good job, eh heh," Nora said. The smell of dear could be felt on the nose, "A warrior group was lucky and got two dear. I got the upstairs done and your more then welcome to join us for dinner. They're a decent size so there's plenty to go around."

"Please do!" Mitch said to ferret with excitement.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki was blinking in surprise.
"Deers? You guys caught deers?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Yes, they were very lucky," Nora said.

"Yeah, my dad likes the occasional deer jerky, and we can eat anything, so," Mitch said, full of excitement, trying not to get all hopping.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Well...congrats to the hunters then. I mean, *how* did you guys get TWO deers?!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Crossbows, good tracking, and probably the fire helped scare some out," Mitch said, and Nora nodded.

"Well come on then," Nora said, heading out, "Normally there'd be a bit more joy at such an occasion. But, well, everyone's tired, and we lost all our sake'. Ah well. Speaking of sake'. Rikki be a dear and tell your mother that the rice balls I have in the fridge can hold for a couple days."

"You made rice balls?" Mitch asked surprised.

"We did just meet your girl, I thought it appropriate," she said.

"Oh, yeah, eh heh," Mitch said, following her out holding Rikki's paws.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I'll tell her, although I am pretty sure those are going to disappear come the night. The others were pretty hun--" her stomach growled loudly. She blushed crimson. "Like I said. And soon the humans will bring here the food Mom made as well. It will be a feast, Signora."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance shook him self dry as he exited the shower and grabbed a near by towel to finish himself off. Humming to himself he put his colar back on and sniffed the air. Though the steam and heat he could smell the cooking diner and smiled bounding out the door to the kitchen, the towel hitting the hook on his way out.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

After the flooding, Will had retreated, but unlike the pandas, he fled to the forest as far from the big body of water as possible. When he was far enough, he stopped and looked around. He wasn't sure where he was exactly, and though he was good with directions, he still climbed the tallest tree he could find and quickly found the required destination. He got down and continued home...
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch and his mother then exchanged glances.

"The only problem with that, is that we have no place to store leftovers," Nora said.

"Oh we sure do, my stomach it'd be a fitting spot, heh," Mitch said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Signora, with all due respect, everyone here's hungry like a dragon, and I am sure you have learnt ways to keep leftovers intact for at least one day. That, and what with the wild fauna, withing tomorrow night we'll all be sated and with virtually no leftovers."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Eh heh, she's probably right mom," Mitch said. Then 3 short horn blows could be heard.

"Oh good, that's the call signal dear," Nora said, "Everybody should be headed over soon enough." Mitch got ahead of his mother as they neared the door and opened it.

"Ladies first," he said with a small bow.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Watch it and don't say it during the meal, or no leftovers for you!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch pouted as she walked past, then he thought again and got a grin.

"Oh well, that means I'll just have to eat everything I'd like to during the meal," he said, then his stomach gurgled as well.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

"Smells good so far Dad." Lance said as he walked into the kitchen. A few pots and pans were bubbling with water and some vegetables were cooking on a skillet his dad stirring them every once in a while. Rob looked back and nodded. "Yeah I can still cook pretty good, regardless of what your mother says." he said as he continued to cook.

(OOC: Ok guys I think its time to start wrapping this day up.)
valerio

Post by valerio »

"You look worried," Belisarius said, while looking at his mate munching without conviction.
"I'm thinking that the pandas are going to become the center of much, unwanted attention. And then the humans who put them in danger may learn about them..." He felt a big paw ruffling his head.
"You're worrying too much for one day. Tonorrow we'll come up with something. I am good at hiding out from unwanted attentions after all, and you're a good cop. It will work."
Valiant smiled and wagged. He just wanted to lean against his wolf...if only it wouldn't be rude at table... "It will. Thank you..." then he frowned. "Say, did you ever use the cutlery?"
Belisarius put up a scoff. "Of course! I have read many one bon-ton books humans discarded. Look here." To his credit, he assumed the perfect posture to cut his steak...and the moment he cut into the meat, both tools slipped from his paws! "Whoops!"
fork and knife completed an arc and landed in this order -the fork into the table after grazing Valiant's snout, and the knife into Valiant's seat, too close for comfort to a Very Delicate area.
Belisarius grinned apologetically, fiddling his fingers.
"Bel, if you *love* me: paws."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

ooc: Yeah I agree.

ic:

Already the pandas were filing in, each taking some deer. The meat on the catches dissapearing as fast as the sunlight.

"Yeah, we will need that food after all," Mitch said, not without grabbing a couple hand fulls for himself, Rikki, and his mother, out of line.

"Now that, is one royal priviledge we can get away with," Nora said munching.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"You know what? I am not one to complain, ma'am. Plus, I am Italian: Ignoring queues is in our DNA." And she started eating--or rather, devouring her portion, finishing well before her hosts. After that, she went and helped herself to another fill.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Then Rikki was given a look or two from those in line.

"GUEST!" Mitch said, and they turned back, "But still, etiquette rule: Be given or invited to take first. Which I ASSUMED it was okay. Since, you know, she is INVITED already." The two where already stung, and now their ears were drooping.

"Sorry," they said in unison, bowing their heads, and moving on.