Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

lasthunter

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by lasthunter »

team fortress is one of my favorite computer games.
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Poncho the wolf wrote:my favourite, metal gear solid of course! hideo kojima is a master. i personally like snake eater
Oh, well I'm playing the original Metal Gear 2 for MSX, so high-five :)
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Silly Zealot wrote:Ridge Racer series? I'll stick to Happy Wheels, thank you very much!
>implying that Happy Wheels is a racing game
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

It may not be a racing game, but I wouldn't change it even for a need for speed game!
Beside, in one of the maps you get chased by a giant ostrich, that counts.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
Mickey the Luxray

Silly Zealot wrote:It may not be a racing game, but I wouldn't change it even for a need for speed game!
Silly Zealot wrote:I wouldn't change it even for a need for speed game!
Silly Zealot wrote:even for a need for speed game!
Silly Zealot wrote:need for speed
Really. I mean... Really?

Putting NFS and RR in the same bracket is like saying CoD is less of a sellout franchise than Half-Life.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Oh, dear, I made him snap! Ummm.... Would make you feel better if I actually researched on what this Ridge Racer thing actually is all about?
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:It's okay, few gamers actually know about Ridge Racer. It's one of those games that doesn't get as much popularity as it should.

I'll say this now: The first Ridge Racer was the game that LITERALLY kick-started the PlayStation and proved it to be a capable console. If it weren't for Ridge Racer there would be no PlayStation as we know it.
Ridge Racer isn't too bad, I still say that Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy 7 had a bigger impact, mostly because not as many people know about Ridge Racer. On another note, they aren't bad games, but lets face it, they aren't as big as Forza, NFS, or even the Driver series, so they might have had an impact years ago, but it has long since been lost in favor of just different games.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Ridge Racer is a racing game. *insert Captain Obvious pic here

Anyways, if you couldn't tell, I haven't heard of the series until now, and for good reason. Racing games to me aren't that fun... Except Burnout. How in the heck could I have forgotten about Burnout! I can't remember which one I still just love (I think it's Burnout 2, if that's on the NGC), but I sooooo wish I had that game. We only ever rented it and me and my brother just... Getting that crash cam after weaving in and out of traffic was a bittersweet moment. Bitter because ya crashed (derp), but sweet cuz of the awesome slowed down camera angles detailing the crash. I think there was even a price of how much you bugged up the cars.

I don't know how well the new Burnout games have been, as the most recent one was the one on the DS, and it was... iffy, I guess. Ok, but on DS graphics and a bit buggy for some of the challenges... I don't think a smoldering shell of a car is supposed to glide across the ground, causing other cars to spontaneously explode in a shower of metal and flames.

*shrugs
I wish I had that old Burnout game...
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

Playing Bioshock for the very first time and am loving it.
I'm not a big fan of first-person games, at all, but this has a great story and gameplay.
I might have to try out the second one and Infinite when I'm done.
Panda Panda Panda
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I just got Heart of the swarm.I'm still at the beggining, but I'm loving the story so far. The only major downpoint is some of the achievements to unlock portraits and get used to the changes from wings of liberty.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

angelusbr wrote:I just got Heart of the swarm.I'm still at the beggining, but I'm loving the story so far. The only major downpoint is some of the achievements to unlock portraits and get used to the changes from wings of liberty.
it is a good game but i wish that the points went to special zerg/terrain/protoss skins or ability's...
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Anyone has ever played warhammer or warhammer 40000 games here?

Mickey the Luxray

TarkaTarquol wrote:Anyways, if you couldn't tell, I haven't heard of the series until now, and for good reason. Racing games to me aren't that fun... Except Burnout. How in the heck could I have forgotten about Burnout! I can't remember which one I still just love (I think it's Burnout 2, if that's on the NGC), but I sooooo wish I had that game. We only ever rented it and me and my brother just... Getting that crash cam after weaving in and out of traffic was a bittersweet moment. Bitter because ya crashed (derp), but sweet cuz of the awesome slowed down camera angles detailing the crash. I think there was even a price of how much you bugged up the cars.
Yeah, you're thinking of Burnout 2. I've nearly beaten that game on the PS2, but that darned Custom Series Championship is killing me. The Crash mode is super fun- I got something like 50mil of damage on this one level.
The Grey Wolverine

Silly Zealot wrote:Anyone has ever played warhammer or warhammer 40000 games here?
Yes, I have played some of the RTSs, I played the Space Marine hack n slash of bloody fun, and I have a game of Deathwatch (tabletop Warhammer) or Dark Heresy. There are few things I would admit to being a huge fan of, but Warhammer is one of them
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:Anyone has ever played warhammer or warhammer 40000 games here?
Yes, I have played some of the RTSs, I played the Space Marine hack n slash of bloody fun, and I have a game of Deathwatch (tabletop Warhammer) or Dark Heresy. There are few things I would admit to being a huge fan of, but Warhammer is one of them
Those games, where humanity fights on against evil, eviler and not so evil, even with no hope of ultimate victory, but still resisting in mind shattering battles, really appeal to me. Also, I'm a real sucker for single mided zealotry and totallitarian, anthropocentric regimes! :D

Speaking of games, I don't have a kinect, and I doubt I ever will, but I think this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A
Should be amongst my top ten favourite games.

The Grey Wolverine

Remember the Inquisition, if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
Mickey the Luxray

RRT4 Update:

So uh, yeah, I am good enough for RT Solvalou. Barely.

Also, I now have 24 cars in my Garage. 296 to go |D

On other things:

No, I haven't played Warhammer 40K but my friend used to. Looked pretty fun. Expensive, though.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

For anyone who is interested here is Wersters Pokemon Yellow Speedrun in 1:59 and his Pokemon Gold speedrun in 3:29 there is no commentary on either yet he will have those up later.

Edit: Also his Pokemon Emerald Run in 2:50:32
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

IceKitsune wrote:For anyone who is interested here is Wersters Pokemon Yellow Speedrun in 1:59 and his Pokemon Gold speedrun in 3:29 there is no commentary on either yet he will have those up later.

Edit: Also his Pokemon Emerald Run in 2:50:32
*Shrugs

You got me watching the Yellow version run at least. Speed-running a game like this is all luck.

I always seem to want to do stuff when my Security runs its scans...
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Niiiiice! A new Zelda game for 3DS in the "A Link to the Past"-World :D

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/ei3l ... nouncement
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ooh that could be really neat!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

I agree! "A Link to the Past" is actually one of my favourite LoZ games too. I think it's No. 2. Majora's Mask is my No. 1. :3

Curious as to this new storyline. Aghanim returns? :3
Mickey the Luxray

I'm still excited for the Wind Waker remake; although to be honest Wind Waker and Four Swords were the only two I've really played ^^;

But I just love putting totem poles in EVERY LAST SPOT ON WINDFALL D8< I MUST!
The Grey Wolverine

TarkaTarquol wrote:I agree! "A Link to the Past" is actually one of my favourite LoZ games too. I think it's No. 2. Majora's Mask is my No. 1. :3
You are now an amazing person for not being the guy who hates Majora's Mask, that game is just so good, and nobody seems to respect it, its all OOT, and I don't agree, that game is good, but Majora's Mask is better
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:
TarkaTarquol wrote:I agree! "A Link to the Past" is actually one of my favourite LoZ games too. I think it's No. 2. Majora's Mask is my No. 1. :3
You are now an amazing person for not being the guy who hates Majora's Mask, that game is just so good, and nobody seems to respect it, its all OOT, and I don't agree, that game is good, but Majora's Mask is better
I have the Great Bay Temple's walkthrough memorized, except stray fairies. I still can't figure out the Water Temple from OoT from memory. I lose track of where to go many times in that dungeon.

But I also like the Mask transformation of MM. And all the masks in general. Plus I like Termina as an overworld better than Hyrule.
Mickey the Luxray

I've heard many good things about Majora's Mask. I've heard it was the darkest of all the games (I like darker games) and I've also heard it's one of the most intense and emotional experiences any LoZ game could bring you.

**** now I want an N64, but I still haven't collected all the games I want for my Playstation TT^TT
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

In my estimation, Majora's Mask is one of the greatest N64 games. It pretty much ties with Ogre Battle 64 as my "favorite" game.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

Majoras Mask is still one of my favourite games of all time. I really like the dark atmosphere and the drama in the story (there are so many quests with tragic fates, for example the couple who married right befor the end of all things, or the deku, goron and zora mask. You just got them because someone lost his life during an act of charity...)

But Ocarina of Time has its moments too. For me, the final battle against Ganon is the most atmospheric ever. The music, the lightnings and Ganon. After all the quests and fights... you even crossed the borders of time... the final battle. You're the only hope for hyrule... and you even have to fight without the weapon, which has the power to banish the evil once and for all... I Just love it. :D
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

In Nintendo news, EarthBound is gonna be released on Wii U Virtual Console(which I'm excited to be all about(go to 22:20)).

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct ... 4-17-2013/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ooh maybe they're testing the waters to see if there would be a market for more Earthbound games. Or Mother 3 getting release in some way outside of Japan.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Among the sleep, a horror game in which you play as a 2-year-old child is on kickstarter now, can't wait ;~;
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Mickey the Luxray

Tiggy wrote:Among the sleep, a horror game in which you play as a 2-year-old child is on kickstarter now, can't wait ;~;
"Lk, I'm a little kid! Aba ba ba ba-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

-Every Youtube live commentator
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

It's kind of hard for me to pick a favorite game. For RPGs, my favorite would have to be Kingdom Hearts. The only thing I don't like about it is the confusing plot. For horror games, my favorite would have to be Clock Tower. I've only played the first game so far but I really like it already (in a scary way).
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
"Lk, I'm a little kid! Aba ba ba ba-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!"

-pewdiepie*
aka the cancer of youtube
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

ShadowLightning wrote:It's kind of hard for me to pick a favorite game. For RPGs, my favorite would have to be Kingdom Hearts. The only thing I don't like about it is the confusing plot.
Have you played all the games? I have, and the plot makes perfect sense to me.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

TinFoilHats wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:It's kind of hard for me to pick a favorite game. For RPGs, my favorite would have to be Kingdom Hearts. The only thing I don't like about it is the confusing plot.
Have you played all the games? I have, and the plot makes perfect sense to me.
I've only played Kingdom Hearts 1, Re: Chain of Memories, 2 and a little bit of 358/2 Days and Birth by Sleep. Well, the plot actually does make sense, even though I haven't really played all of them. But I just have SO many unanswered questions.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

.......after much debating i bought halo wars.....im waiting to see if its a good game or not. all i know is that its a RTS not first person shooter.
Mickey the Luxray

lasthunter wrote:.......after much debating i bought halo wars.....im waiting to see if its a good game or not. all i know is that its a RTS not first person shooter.
I remember playing that game and I also remember wanting to bash my face on a desk as a result of playing that game
I would personally say the Elder Scrolls is best RPG, but they're getting a bit worn out. And also the RPG is better than any RPG ever, considering that it's the only RPG that can deal physical damage to other RPGs.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I wanna play a fantasy first person game like Might and Magic: dark Messiah or Dishonored, but, besides the Elder Scrolls series I don't know any such game. You?

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
lasthunter wrote:.......after much debating i bought halo wars.....im waiting to see if its a good game or not. all i know is that its a RTS not first person shooter.
I remember playing that game and I also remember wanting to bash my face on a desk as a result of playing that game
Console RTS games are notoriously hard to do right. As a result, Halo Wars is pretty watered down from my understanding.