[Webcomic PG-13] Housepets! 1X

What do you call a fic that's not a fic

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Re: [Fancomic PG-13] Housepets! 1X

Post by GeckoZY »

An update! It's a scandal!

Don't cats land on their feet? XD
Did Grape become a puppy? :O
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

TarkaTarquol wrote:My guess is the laws of physics still apply in the underworld but not to ethereal blobs of goo. They are in Lake "Vertical." Ship must have started descending quickly, losing the two solid beings their footholds and effectively putting them into a free fall. It's how to make an artificial zero gravity simulation... is that a redundant statement?
Redundant?! That might be the most well aplied statement this week!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Kind of redundant, but not.... artificial and simulation share the same meaning here, but they are not synonymous.

Wow, at first I thought the spirits threw them somehow.... I was thinking how mean they were, then remembered this is Hell, and it made sense until the last panel made me realize that they fell onto a wall of the ship.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

TarkaTarquol wrote:My guess is the laws of physics still apply in the underworld but not to ethereal blobs of goo. They are in Lake "Vertical." Ship must have started descending quickly, losing the two solid beings their footholds and effectively putting them into a free fall. It's how to make an artificial zero gravity simulation... is that a redundant statement?
You made Monday's page almost useless *giggles* almost tough...
GeckoZY wrote:Don't cats land on their feet? XD
No need to land on feet when someone is ready to stop the free fall xD
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

_Stu_ wrote:You made Monday's page almost useless *giggles* almost tough...
Ooh, I'm curious now as to how close I was. I did actually come back and catch that what Copper said... about them being on the wall. Laws of physics ain't got an excuse for that! (Unless the ship is somehow spinning at an extremely high speed... with the blobs of goo still unaffected by it... But that's not too likely as I actually still don't grasp how to make that kind of artificial gravity)
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Aw isn't him adorable

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Is there any of the denizens of hell who isn't an anthropomorphic animal character?!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Silly Zealot wrote:Is there any of the denizens of hell who isn't an anthropomorphic animal character?!
of course not. that would be ridiculous
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Ok, so I was right that they started flying due to dropping in elevation quickly, but I couldn't figure out why they were on the wall...

Gravity-defying ships never crossed my mind. X3

Also. Great job at hiding your presence, you two, though weren't they screwed when Grape herself dropped? I thought only Spike was invisible (or maybe the decaying aura he has blocks Grape's signal).
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

His presence wasn't hidden, it's just that no one can see his fate. Fate is being rewritten around him, so anyone with him also has an unpredictable fate.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Silly Zealot wrote:Is there any of the denizens of hell who isn't an anthropomorphic animal character?!
I hope they all are.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I think this is getting good now.

Ah, Caron, such a nice guy. :lol:
My characters
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

We have all sorts of beasts here! anthro or not, animal or not, myths are a great source for this kind of experiments
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:His presence wasn't hidden, it's just that no one can see his fate. Fate is being rewritten around him, so anyone with him also has an unpredictable fate.
Exactly. Spike's like a stealth missile, it actually exists, is visible to the eye, but invisible to the radars. That's why this is-- or at least is supposed to be a stealth mission

Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Metaphisycal black ops: The real deal!

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

"Perhaps Tarot would be happy to see that the Rambo infiltration is working so far"

TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Well, it's not that it started out as a Rambo infiltration... It just devolved into one.

And that's not necessarily a bad thing. X3

Also, epic Spike eyes. He's ready to own.
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

It's surely not a bad thing, since it (usually) has been working nearly perfect :D
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Caron: "You activated my trap card!"

I can't wait to see Spike being intentionally vague visage.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Gren

Post by Gren »

I just read through the whole archive and I have to say I LOVE YOUR COMIC SO MUCH! You certainly have truly awesome characters here (specially that white haired Albert Wesker named Winter as Silly Zealot said XD). I felt touched several times as also laughed out loud and almost fell of my chair too many times. Excellent plot, you are a really talented writer, can't wait to see how this story will continue X3. By the way, I don't know why but a lot of the backgrounds reminded me the old Resident evil's games for no reason (maybe was the blur? XD)

I have also some questions if you don't mind:

-Why you have locked Max and Grape in the character's section of the webpage? Are you planning to change their appearance or something? (yeah I can read through that shadows XD)

-I know this is a comic of silly animals and not everything have to make sense, but how it works Max's ability? It's something about Magic or Science? It have something to do with having Pete's mana? And what about Eyesight?

-Since Fido developed powers for having Pete's mana that means everyone who have it would do the same? Or maybe only those who Pete considered potential avatars like Peanut and Grape (besides Fido) will do it?

-When Pete said he wanted Spike to be his knight, he meant he wanted him to be his avatar or his follower? Or maybe none of this?

-And the last one, Horus, the power of Fido, have something to do with that fire-bird spirit trapped by Tarot and then entrusted to Sabrina? (I think his name is Xin)

Now changing subjects, I suppose you have your reasons, but I thought Peanut and Sabrina would be a best support to Spike since they have more experience with all of this supernatural stuff (you know, like passing through dimentions, time traveling, fighting with gargoyles, etc). Or maybe you just wanted to do this in Rambo style (pure brute force) or giving them a moment ALONE (*gasp* what are you planning? Poor Grape, she's always the target of the shippers XD)

I know it's a bit out of character, but I love Tarot's attitude. She certainly hates Spike, and most likely be the same with King (who I suppose will be part of this story somehow since Pete is involved in this).

Now please take this as a constructive criticism, but I think the weakest part of this story was Max's backstory. Don't get me wrong, I love Max, he's one of my favorites characters and is so awesome seeing him having an epic story, but it's just I found it too many flaws. For example: how could be him a mercenary if he never killed a person? In what moment he feigns cowardice when he's always trying to show-off his bravery? How could be him called “earcut” when his ear hadn't been bite when Jeff adopted him? Why he left the organization when the only family he had was in there?

You don't need to answer this, but I was wondering since Max is now in a dog body will be victim of the same effects suffered by King of “being attracted to the members of his current species”. And since Primo have a pretty good amount of fangirls, well, that problem will fit pretty well XD (maybe having a crush on Vanessa? That would be priceless).

And Peanut, being so oblivious as always, he will sure do a big mess taking the role of Spike. I wouldn't surprise if he found the personal stuff of Spike and then goes directly to knock Winter's (or Slash) door with the purpose of finding some answer or solutions for Spike's problem. If he wasn't surprised at all with all the magic and cosmic stuff, then I suppose this crazy scientist stuff will have the same effect on him.

And for last, I give a prediction: We will see Eyesight again in this arc. Taking the last words he said before die, it's for sure he went to the hell. I'll say he will appear in the Ice Lake (since he is a penguin duh)

P.S.: I'm REALLY sorry for the long post. Keep doing this great work, pal. ;)
ImageImage
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Spike:
Attack!!! *runs toward the guards*

*slow motion charging scene, throws weapon away*

*HUGS*
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

I hope Spike really does show some good badassery. So far, he had been prone to a worf effect.

Against Primo's kidnappers...he won but they're just mooks and one of them shot him if it weren't for his healing power unless Spike let him.

Against Eyesight...he barely won yet Eyesight didn't use his ocular power.

Against Heartbreak...he lost and the wolf didn't even use his summon.

Against Vanessa...he couldn't keep up with her.

Against Winter...well, we know how it happened.

In another note, if Pete intend to make Spike his knight, and Joel is King and Volant is Rook, who is the Queen and Bishop?
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

"Ding! Exactly!" Cartoony spirits are so formal. XD
Wait, Spike, what are you doing? Are you leaving the ship? No! Don't do it, vada a bordo, cazzo! (Webcomic by italian authors, characters sailing on a boat: I HAD to say that!)
kavviyenta wrote:In another note, if Pete intend to make Spike his knight, and Joel is King and Volant is Rook, who is the Queen and Bishop?
Good call, man. I theorize that the queen is Sarah Kerrigan, and the bishop is confessor Cromwell from Fallout 3.

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Gren wrote:I just read through the whole archive and I have to say I LOVE YOUR COMIC SO MUCH! You certainly have truly awesome characters here (specially that white haired Albert Wesker named Winter as Silly Zealot said XD). I felt touched several times as also laughed out loud and almost fell of my chair too many times. Excellent plot, you are a really talented writer, can't wait to see how this story will continue X3.
Thank you! xD we're doing our best to keep the quality... uh, at least constant. We're moving forward with drawings though
By the way, I don't know why but a lot of the backgrounds reminded me the old Resident evil's games for no reason (maybe was the blur? XD)
Uhm, no idea actually :7 probably because they're horrible :lol:
I have also some questions if you don't mind:

-Why you have locked Max and Grape in the character's section of the webpage? Are you planning to change their appearance or something? (yeah I can read through that shadows XD)
Secret... some characters are not so hidden, but their appearance (or characteristics) must remain unknown for now.
-I know this is a comic of silly animals and not everything have to make sense, but how it works Max's ability? It's something about Magic or Science? It have something to do with having Pete's mana? And what about Eyesight?
It's funny because i never thought about it. It's one of the various things i decided to put without thinking properly about. I actually don't know how to justify it... and it's double funny, because i always try to justify everything here :/
-Since Fido developed powers for having Pete's mana that means everyone who have it would do the same? Or maybe only those who Pete considered potential avatars like Peanut and Grape (besides Fido) will do it?
Potentially, everyone. This way if i need a character with a particular ability i can take one and give him that ability. But it's something i won't need to do probably
-When Pete said he wanted Spike to be his knight, he meant he wanted him to be his avatar or his follower? Or maybe none of this?
Teorically follower, as Volant, at least here (in Valerio's fic Volant should be Pete's new avatar). They still deserve a slice of power
-And the last one, Horus, the power of Fido, have something to do with that fire-bird spirit trapped by Tarot and then entrusted to Sabrina? (I think his name is Xin)
No, Xin won't probably come back. Or maybe he'll appear again somehow, but his role in the story is over
Now changing subjects, I suppose you have your reasons, but I thought Peanut and Sabrina would be a best support to Spike since they have more experience with all of this supernatural stuff (you know, like passing through dimentions, time traveling, fighting with gargoyles, etc). Or maybe you just wanted to do this in Rambo style (pure brute force) or giving them a moment ALONE (*gasp* what are you planning? Poor Grape, she's always the target of the shippers XD)
It's a long time that Grape is supposed to be there with Spike in the script i prepared, at first with a particular reason, now with, uh, the same reason... plus another one
I know it's a bit out of character, but I love Tarot's attitude. She certainly hates Spike, and most likely be the same with King (who I suppose will be part of this story somehow since Pete is involved in this).
I wanted Tarot to be this way to give her a more interesting role in dialogues :)
Now please take this as a constructive criticism, but I think the weakest part of this story was Max's backstory. Don't get me wrong, I love Max, he's one of my favorites characters and is so awesome seeing him having an epic story, but it's just I found it too many flaws. For example: how could be him a mercenary if he never killed a person? In what moment he feigns cowardice when he's always trying to show-off his bravery? How could be him called “earcut” when his ear hadn't been bite when Jeff adopted him? Why he left the organization when the only family he had was in there?
I know... it's something i've ripped from here to put it in the Eyesight's comic i stopped (but i wanted to take it again someday), i had an explaination for almost everything you asked... someway. One day i'll explain everything, because "Eyesight" has a story i truly love, and i'd love to tell you about it someday
You don't need to answer this, but I was wondering since Max is now in a dog body will be victim of the same effects suffered by King of “being attracted to the members of his current species”. And since Primo have a pretty good amount of fangirls, well, that problem will fit pretty well XD (maybe having a crush on Vanessa? That would be priceless).
I didn't think about it... maybe...
And Peanut, being so oblivious as always, he will sure do a big mess taking the role of Spike. I wouldn't surprise if he found the personal stuff of Spike and then goes directly to knock Winter's (or Slash) door with the purpose of finding some answer or solutions for Spike's problem. If he wasn't surprised at all with all the magic and cosmic stuff, then I suppose this crazy scientist stuff will have the same effect on him.
...this will probably never happen. For two reasons basically: the chapter's really long the way it is, and Winter/Slash' new plot part return is scheduled very soon.
And for last, I give a prediction: We will see Eyesight again in this arc. Taking the last words he said before die, it's for sure he went to the hell. I'll say he will appear in the Ice Lake (since he is a penguin duh)
Eyesight? Here? In hell? Neh.
P.S.: I'm REALLY sorry for the long post. Keep doing this great work, pal. ;)
No reason to be sorry :) if i can answer i'd be happy to!
Silly Zealot wrote:Wait, Spike, what are you doing? Are you leaving the ship? No! Don't do it, vada a bordo, cazzo! (Webcomic by italian authors, characters sailing on a boat: I HAD to say that!)
Lol Schettino. One of our numerous worldwide shame.

Gren

Post by Gren »

Uhm, no idea actually :7 probably because they're horrible :lol:
Quite the opposite, I am a huge fan of old RE games, so I think they are fantastic!
Secret... some characters are not so hidden, but their appearance (or characteristics) must remain unknown for now.
As I supposed. You're making it really clear who are your favorites characters of the cast don't ya? Or maybe because they're the most suitable for kicking some butts.
It's funny because i never thought about it. It's one of the various things i decided to put without thinking properly about. I actually don't know how to justify it... and it's double funny, because i always try to justify everything here :/
Well, in the case of Eyesight could be a mutation, since he was experiment Nº2. And with Max, huh, steroids? :lol:
Potentially, everyone. This way if i need a character with a particular ability i can take one and give him that ability. But it's something i won't need to do probably
A bit weird explanation. Basically it was unnecessary except if you need to use them as a escape route at some tricky situation.
No, Xin won't probably come back. Or maybe he'll appear again somehow, but his role in the story is over
Though you're implying that Horus does have something to do with the plot of the story, right?
It's a long time that Grape is supposed to be there with Spike in the script i prepared, at first with a particular reason, now with, uh, the same reason... plus another one
I hope the reason won't be another weird backstory :lol:
I know... it's something i've ripped from here to put it in the Eyesight's comic i stopped (but i wanted to take it again someday), i had an explaination for almost everything you asked... someway. One day i'll explain everything, because "Eyesight" has a story i truly love, and i'd love to tell you about it someday
And I would be delighted to hear it. I didn't want him to die though at least his death was epic. :cry:
...this will probably never happen. For two reasons basically: the chapter's really long the way it is, and Winter/Slash' new plot part return is scheduled very soon.
Yeah, I suppose I should have imagined it for (also) two reason: First, he didn't appears between the characters, and second, it certainly would be too weird seen a character in the body of another one for so long. A bit disappointing because who doesn't like to see Peanut in some heroic scene? But at least it's good to see that the rest of my favs (Sabrina, Grape, Fido and Maxwell) have a good role in the story.
Eyesight? Here? In hell? Neh.
“About me at last... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for the path I have chosen. I'm sorry because we will see each other from the distance. I'm sorry because this is and will always be... a goodbye.”
Yup, he definitely went to inferno. :3
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I've got a question, Stu. Have you read Egoitz Pinto's (A.K.A. Darius Crane) comics? He uses the word "grab" as an onomatopoeia as well, which has become a running gag on his comics and a motive of joy for his fans every time it appears.

copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

And so the reaper meets the scythe...
My characters
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Gren wrote:As I supposed. You're making it really clear who are your favorites characters of the cast don't ya? Or maybe because they're the most suitable for kicking some butts
Both reasons essentially
Well, in the case of Eyesight could be a mutation, since he was experiment Nº2. And with Max, huh, steroids? :lol:
Well there's a reason behind Eyesight's eye since is exp.II, the one i don't know how to justify is Max. Probably Ki, or the excuse that aways works for everything... nanomachines :3
A bit weird explanation. Basically it was unnecessary except if you need to use them as a escape route at some tricky situation.
Every author has an escape route somewhere, is kind of a convenient rule. But since i've thought about the whole story properly i properly won't need any of them, except for a few ones
Though you're implying that Horus does have something to do with the plot of the story, right?
Probably. But probably not Horus itself
I hope the reason won't be another weird backstory :lol:
Nah, Max should be the only one who received this treatment
Silly Zealot wrote:I've got a question, Stu. Have you read Egoitz Pinto's (A.K.A. Darius Crane) comics? He uses the word "grab" as an onomatopoeia as well, which has become a running gag on his comics and a motive of joy for his fans every time it appears.
Mh, nope, never heard about it. But i'm quicksearching to see

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

I don't know why i always feel so bad for the lizard guards :(
Last edited by _Stu_ on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Well, maybe Spike will join Primo in hell and they shall rule it.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Man, are you sure you're not basing this on Bleach? Come on, Spike totally looks like Ikaku or Zaraki now :lol:

If I were that demons, I wouldn't be that worried, at least they are the only ones who are immortals there. XD

And for Grape, she certainly have a problems with da boys X3 . Honestly, sometimes I wonder how is possible that the same character may be the most tomboy and yet the most feminine girl of the entire cast, she must be going through a severe identity crisis :?
ImageImage
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

From the creators of Grammar Nazi: Syntax Zealot to the rescuuuuuue!!!!
I don't think the demon is "praying", more like he/she/it is begging for his/her/it's life. That is, unless he/she/it views Steve/Spike as a deity, or something like that.

Hukley
Banner Artist

Post by Hukley »

_Stu_ wrote:
I don't know why i always feel so bad for the lizard guards :(
Maybe because they are quite adorable for demons? :D

Why not just hug them? ;)
Awesome Avatar-Animation by GeckoZY! :D
Simon & Freddy has its own Webpage now: http://www.simonandfreddy.com/
My webcomic: (Updates on Saturdays)
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Although unlocking is technically grammatically correct, Unlock just sounds cooler! 8-)

Perhaps you feel bad because the demons are just low order minions to a low level boss? They are pretty much bottom of the wrung enemies of any game...

There goes Grape again! Not a dog lover indeed.... :roll:
My characters
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Ugh, i just noticed i have to correct something D: tomorrow... today i had a very busy day, i should be in my bed now...

Ps. The fact I'm involuntarily referring to Bleach lately scares me A LOT :l not sure if it's my fault or Tite Kubo's though, probably both

Ps2. Geez, I'm so busy lately that i completely forgot we already passed 1X second anniversary D: i prepared nothing for the event! :(

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

_Stu_ wrote:Ps. The fact I'm involuntarily referring to Bleach lately scares me A LOT :l not sure if it's my fault or Tite Kubo's though, probably both
Not Bleach, but Anime in general, honestly. You can take my word for it. References to the underworld is just something Bleach has a stand-out for, but I could say that about a hundred of other shows and comics that referenced hell the same way you did. I just think the fans here are more familiar with Bleach =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gren

Post by Gren »

GameCobra wrote:
_Stu_ wrote:Ps. The fact I'm involuntarily referring to Bleach lately scares me A LOT :l not sure if it's my fault or Tite Kubo's though, probably both
Not Bleach, but Anime in general, honestly. You can take my word for it. References to the underworld is just something Bleach has a stand-out for, but I could say that about a hundred of other shows and comics that referenced hell the same way you did. I just think the fans here are more familiar with Bleach =P
To be honest, it's not the "underworld stuff" what reminds me to Bleach (in fact, the hell is barely mentioned in that manga series), there are references very clear, and not just scenes, like character's personalities and even the plot itself. Think about it: two mortals infiltrate and then goes against the Spirit World to rescue one of their friends (ohh Primo and Orihime both are red haired ohh, and Grape and Rukia are tomboy and feminine at the same time ohh). Even the main villains are similar (Winter and Aizen) both physically and psychologically (even both are scientist who experimented with the protagonist somehow and are proving them). That's just the basic, but if you analyze this thoroughly sure you will find more similarities.
Sorry Stu, but you're slowly becoming a Tite Troll Kubo XD

My predictions:
-Winter shall become a super-powerful butterfly-man combining all his cards.
-After Spike defeat Winter he'll lose all his powers and then will come a new arc in which he is gonna get new ones from nowhere.

I can continue, but I think I already tortured Stu too much :lol:
ImageImage
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Oh Grape, I hope that blush on your face isn't a sign of something that I think it is. :roll:
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.