MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

exranio

Re: MLP:FIM: Grand Castilia

Post by exranio »

WolvenPaw15 wrote:Star thinks for a minute "It should take about half an hour, maybe forty-five minutes tops, unless you have any specific design in mind, that will take just a tad longer otherwise I plan on making them a simple pince-nez design: simple, managable, fashionable, and quite functional" he gives a slight grin "That sound good?"

"Yeah, yeah its all fine. As long as it gets the job done and it doesn't look ugly nothing else matters." Locke closed his eyes trying to take his mind of all the stuff in here he could swipe. Conversation, conversation makes a good distraction, come one man give him something to go on about!

"So uh, what kinda house you grow up in?"
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Moon somehow managed to lose track of Autumn. She never was the best at the whole "tracking" aspect of being part of a ninja family.

eventually, she landed when she saw Shin and that weird gem-eyed pony.

"Hey, where the hay have you been? I've been researching this monster by myself all day," She yelled as she smacked Shin in the back of the head.

"Heh, sorry. I got caught up reading manga. I'm ready to help now."

"I'm already convinced this guy is pure evil. We need to find some way to incapacitate his magic," she explained.

"Well, I'd like to see for myself. Maybe I'll see something you didn't. and Glalaxy wants to help, too."

"Well first thing's first... did Autumn come by here? I was following him but he got away from me."
(OOC: now Galaxy can cut in is she wants.)
Galaxy narrowed her eyes. "What exactly have you found out about this... monster? Is he seriously that dangerous?"

~~~~~~

Penwrite coughed. "Could you, uh, go a little faster? We should really get back to work and... stuff."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Navy rolled her eyes, "The work of a psychopath trying to kill us?" she sighed, leaning over him to rub a particularly sticky spot harder, "I'd hoped you'd want to rest for a moment..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star placed the things down on a work bench he had set up for the repair of his telescope, and set the gem into place "Oh me? I lived close the castle in Canterlot, If I recall things were rather rowdy, always something with those two... I remember spending excessive time outside at night, so that meant many conversations with Luna..." he shook his head and set himself to work on the gem, slowly grinding it down to the desired shape
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy narrowed her eyes. "What exactly have you found out about this... monster? Is he seriously that dangerous?"
"Well, he apparently developed a bunch of highly effective war tactics, he single-handedly led the equestrian armies to victory against the griffons, and, oh yeah, there was a painting of him freaking eating griffon children!!!" at the end of her sentence she was waving her forehooves wildly in the air.

"Who painted the piece? Because you and I both know that survivors have a tendency to exaggerate," Shin said.

"It was..." she thought for a second. "right." she then hung her head.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Luna? Yeah I think I heard of her before... she's your princess right?" Locke paused for a moment realising how stupid he seemed last time he asked about this countrie's royalty "I'm kind of an outsider? Doesn't she control the moon or something super crazy like that? How can she do that?"
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Out of nowhere Penwrite punched a hole in the tiled wall of the bathroom. He eyed it for a moment before looking back at Navy. "Sorry, my... my idiotic statement sense went crazy there for a second."

~~~

Galaxy hmmed and rubbed her chin. "Perhaps it would be better to find a more... balanced viewpoint. Are there any recounts from ponies that served under him?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"There was one," Moon responded. "It said Hateful Shade was like some sort of light in the darkness of the war. He scared the griffons away while his armies retreated to safety... but there wasn't anything about how he actually turned the tides of the war. For all we know, he could have committed countless war crimes after that letter was written. There were two more books on Navy's list of research materials, but I came here before I got a chance to look at them."

"Well I think those would be a good place to start," Shin said. "Then we can try to find things Navy might not have thought of."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Out of nowhere Penwrite punched a hole in the tiled wall of the bathroom. He eyed it for a moment before looking back at Navy. "Sorry, my... my idiotic statement sense went crazy there for a second."
Navy stopped, blinking at Penwrite for a moment before responding, "You... know that's my wall, right...?" She let out a sigh of annoyance, "Fine." she dropped the brush on his half-cleaned back and stepped out of the shower. She was mostly clean anyway, as the water had rinsed the wet mud and green stuff off of her. She took a towel from the wall rack and threw it over herself to start drying off, "So, what're we doing next then? I doubt Hate'll watch this place all day, but I'd rather not be outside unless we know what we're doing there..."
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Galaxy motioned for the other ponies to lead the way to the right books. "You know, if it were not for Shade, we all wouldn't be here right now. This would be gryphon territory. Weird to think about."

~~~

Penwrite stayed in the shower a little bit longer, scrubbing hard and furiously at the stains on his body. "What else can we do right now but study? Unless there's a secret way out of this building, of course."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy motioned for the other ponies to lead the way to the right books. "You know, if it were not for Shade, we all wouldn't be here right now. This would be gryphon territory. Weird to think about."
"He defended against them in the north and sent them running to the east. Neighppon had do deal with quite a few griffon refugees," Shin explained. "Our clan made a name for itself defending nobles from the 'western savages'. So we should probably be thankful, but ends do not always justify means."
(OOC: yay, neighpponese history)
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Hmmm... Magic I suppose, But its wonderful to watch her do it there you stand the sun all bright and shining, next thing you know the moon is out...along with some of the most beautiful things in all of Equestria..." he sighed happily
Pet Friendly:
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:Penwrite stayed in the shower a little bit longer, scrubbing hard and furiously at the stains on his body. "What else can we do right now but study? Unless there's a secret way out of this building, of course."
Navy sighed a bit, leaning on the counter and brushing her mane out into the sink, "Well... We still have alot more diary to go through... And I suppose I could also do some work in the lab I've been meaning to get around to since last night..."
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"And on that note," said Penwrite as he stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel for himself, "Considering how things went at my house, don't let Galaxy know you have a lab."

~~~~~~

Galaxy shrugged and let the other ponies lead the way to whatever books they needed to read. "Well then, as you lay dying on the street on the homes of all your loved ones burn around you at the hands of the gryphon invaders, at least you'll have the moral high ground."

A moment after saying this, it dawned on Galaxy that she was a rather morbid mare.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:Galaxy shrugged and let the other ponies lead the way to whatever books they needed to read. "Well then, as you lay dying on the street on the homes of all your loved ones burn around you at the hands of the gryphon invaders, at least you'll have the moral high ground."

A moment after saying this, it dawned on Galaxy that she was a rather morbid mare.
"I said not always. whatever he did in the war, he may well have been justified, we need more information to be sure," Shin said as Moon continued to lead them back towards the old tomes section. "Even if he wasn't, it was centuries ago, and I won't condemn him for it. It just may be an indicator of what he may do in the future. If he used a murderous rage demon to defend his mansion, he may not be the most stable of ponies. We should be prepared in the event he tries to kill innocents."

after a bit of walking, they reached the table where Moon had left the keys Autumn had given her. "There's a book in that locked case called "The Chronicle of the Griffon War"," she said pointing to the old tomes section. "And Navy's list also included "Equestria: The Darker Years"."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Penwrite wrote:"And on that note," said Penwrite as he stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel for himself, "Considering how things went at my house, don't let Galaxy know you have a lab."
"Most libraries have one for students to work in. She can't get in without a librarian key though, and the lock is charmed to keep anyone from sneaking in without permission..." Navy opened the door back into her bedroom, "I've still got his journal in my saddlebags, if we want to read it more..."
exranio

Post by exranio »

"Thats it, just some really strong magic?" Locke sighed " I was expecting some sort of ancient artifact or something. Like "the mystic moon dial" or something. Most powerful magic where I came from was always linked to objects."
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star gave a smile, at this point he was stalling.... well he was smoothing it out, but he could be much quicker about it, and he still had to detail the frames "Oh believe me there are a great number of magic artifacts, but the little I know about you, I wouldn't wanna give you any ideas cause you seem to be the type with sticky hooves but I am sure even if I gave you details you can't possibly be idiotic enough to try, and you wouldn't get very far" he narrowed his eyes a bitt focus in on something "I wouldn't want my new friend to get hurt"
Pet Friendly:
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I said not always. whatever he did in the war, he may well have been justified, we need more information to be sure," Shin said as Moon continued to lead them back towards the old tomes section. "Even if he wasn't, it was centuries ago, and I won't condemn him for it. It just may be an indicator of what he may do in the future. If he used a murderous rage demon to defend his mansion, he may not be the most stable of ponies. We should be prepared in the event he tries to kill innocents."

after a bit of walking, they reached the table where Moon had left the keys Autumn had given her. "There's a book in that locked case called "The Chronicle of the Griffon War"," she said pointing to the old tomes section. "And Navy's list also included "Equestria: The Darker Years"."
"I'll take that book," said Galaxy, trotting over to the area Moon had pointed at. "I've never really been much for history. Might be fun to learn more, even about such a dark subject."

~~~~~~

Penwrite followed after Navy as she left the bathroom. "At this point, that's probably the most useful book we have access to. 'Know your enemy', as they say."

He sat down on her bed. "So, how far did you get?"
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy pulled the book from her saddlebag and reopened it to the place they'd left off, the page where Hate had first unleashed his true potential, lost control and was transported to Hell, was saved by Luna, and then claimed for the crown as her apprentice. . .
RockstarRaccoon wrote:
That night, Hateful Shade wrote:. . . . My mane and tail have been ruined by the fire, and are now ragged instead of straight, and the fur has been burned from my fetlocks, leaving my hooves bare and blackened. My horn and coat seem to have darkened as well, probably from the fire, and taking a bath did not seem to help.

As for my fate... I could not be more pleased. Of course, I do worry about the difficulty, and I do worry about the consequences should I fail to meet her expectations, but... The apprentice of the Princess herself? The Night Mare, Master of the Moon? There could be no greater honor given to a pony! Truly, I shall apply myself more closely than ever before!

I leave with Luna in the afternoon. I shall retire early to be in full readiness...
- Hateful Shade
Navy looked at the page for a moment before flipping forward, skimming over the next few pages. "Ok... So it looks like they left to train him in the wilderness for a while after that, mainly so Luna could make sure he wouldn't level wherever she took him..." she paused on a small bit about a section of swampland being reduced to ash, and Hate terrified of what might've happened if they'd been anywhere else. "...Doesn't look like they were too successful at that one..." she kept flipping forward, "At some point she must've decided he was safe enough for Canterlot, because they went there next..." she skimmed, "Huh... Hey Pen, you remember that weird doctoral student the Princess was training? Twinkle something or other? This... kinda reminds me of her... Only alot darker..." she fumbled on the name of the unicorn aristocrat: they all had rathar sparkly names to her...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

"Sparkle. Twilight Sparkle." Penwrite leaned back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. "Moved to Ponyville, last I heard. And yeah, that's the kind of stuff I listen to for my novels. Anyway, it's not unheard of for the Princesses to take on apprentices. Though, if Hate's any indication, the failure rate's alarmingly high."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy cringed at Pen, "What do you mean 'failure'? Last I heard, Nightmare Moon almost took over the world, and he's powerful enough to survive for a thousand years on his own. I call that an apprentice for the history books..." She sighed flipping forward a bit more, "So, apparently he got some military training at Fort Canterlot - This being before it was the capital - and apparently figured out how to use his... own unicorn magic to...? wait..." Navy flipped back, looking to see if she'd missed something, all the way back to the page they'd read earlier. "Huh... That's weird..." She flipped back to the page she was on and pt her hoof on a line, "He starts talking about using his own magic to 'direct the flow of the Hellgate'. That's the first time he uses that word... Before this he just keeps talking about the terrifying power he has and how he can't control it..."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I said not always. whatever he did in the war, he may well have been justified, we need more information to be sure," Shin said as Moon continued to lead them back towards the old tomes section. "Even if he wasn't, it was centuries ago, and I won't condemn him for it. It just may be an indicator of what he may do in the future. If he used a murderous rage demon to defend his mansion, he may not be the most stable of ponies. We should be prepared in the event he tries to kill innocents."

"I'll take that book," said Galaxy, trotting over to the area Moon had pointed at. "I've never really been much for history. Might be fun to learn more, even about such a dark subject."
"Then I guess we'll take the other one," Shin said.

Moon took him over to the old tomes section and unlocked the case, then he carefully removed "The Chronicle of the Griffon War" and brought it to a table. He began to read through for any information on Hate.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Navy cringed at Pen, "What do you mean 'failure'? Last I heard, Nightmare Moon almost took over the world, and he's powerful enough to survive for a thousand years on his own. I call that an apprentice for the history books..." She sighed flipping forward a bit more, "So, apparently he got some military training at Fort Canterlot - This being before it was the capital - and apparently figured out how to use his... own unicorn magic to...? wait..." Navy flipped back, looking to see if she'd missed something, all the way back to the page they'd read earlier. "Huh... That's weird..." She flipped back to the page she was on and pt her hoof on a line, "He starts talking about using his own magic to 'direct the flow of the Hellgate'. That's the first time he uses that word... Before this he just keeps talking about the terrifying power he has and how he can't control it..."
Penwrite rubbed his chin in thought, repeating that word over and over again in his head. "Hm, well that sounds promising. Maybe we should go research that for a while. What is the Hellgate?"

~~~~~~

Galaxy went over to a corner of the room and sat down with her back to the walls and her eyes to the room around her. Opening the book, she flipped to a random page, only barely scanning the lines. It wouldn't do to help the enemies of her master too much."No matter how nice they might seem, or... or anything like that."

She bit her lip, annoyed at the situation. She hadn't expected everything to turn so... grey.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy furrowed her brow in frustration, "Well, taken literally? Gateway to some dimension of chaos and fire. But I have no idea what he's talking about here..." she flipped around a bit more, not finding anything but archaic diagrams between the time at Fort Canterlot and the time with the Hellgate, as well as an attempt at sketching Princess Luna, which went nicely with all the admiration of her. She growled in frustration, "This isn't getting us anywhere! I don't need to know how he grew up with the princess, I need to know how to defeat him!" She started hastily swiping the pages forward in the book, fast forwarding through his training, the war, sketches of Luna which improved in quality as the years went by, and even more complicated diagrams...
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Penwrite grabbed hold of Navy's shoulders and gave her a shake. "Hey, calm down! Navy, calm down and just start thinking! It's Hate's journal, he's not just going to write down the secret weakness or ancient spell that's the one way to beat him. All we can do is think and follow our instincts, okay?" He let go of her shoulders. "If worst comes to worst we can always call for the Princesses."
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Navy lowered her head and let out a sigh, "You're right..." she glanced at the book in defeat, "I... I'm just so ashamed that this is all my fault... If I hadn't been going after that book, none of this would have happened... And if the princess finds out..." she trailed off, looking at the page. "What's..." she leaned forward, reading for a second...

"Nevermind all that... I think I just figured out where we might find something to defeat him with...." she pointed to a map which had been secured on the paper, of the everfree forest which bordered Grand Castilia, with the location of a secret hideout that Hate had hidden there...

(( Yeah, getting back to the existence of that little thing... ))
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Star finally puts the finishing touch on the glasses, smiling at his handy work. It wasn't a complicated design, but it wasn't exactly dead simple either, a pair of shades that even the coolest would approve of, fashionable AND functional, quite the pair of shades if he did say so himself "Alright, they're done, that didn't take too long now did it?" he gave a small, satisfied grin.
Pet Friendly:
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Navy lowered her head and let out a sigh, "You're right..." she glanced at the book in defeat, "I... I'm just so ashamed that this is all my fault... If I hadn't been going after that book, none of this would have happened... And if the princess finds out..." she trailed off, looking at the page. "What's..." she leaned forward, reading for a second...

"Nevermind all that... I think I just figured out where we might find something to defeat him with...." she pointed to a map which had been secured on the paper, of the everfree forest which bordered Grand Castilia, with the location of a secret hideout that Hate had hidden there...

(( Yeah, getting back to the existence of that little thing... ))
"In the Everfree Forest, eh?" Penwrite steeled himself. "Well, it can't be any worse than venturing into Hate's mansion. Or my robot-infested house for that matter. Although, I think the real question is, who do we take with us?"