Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Put down the character sheets and walk away!

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Argent

Re: Pet Friendly - Radiant Gardens

Post by Argent »

The ringtail promptly sat down, short legs and long-toes hanging over the edge of the roof, and chuckled.

"No, a dollar and fifty cents! Do I look like I'm made of money? It's a bit pricey, but not THAT bad!

And then he waited, swinging his feet, combing out his long fluffy tail, and waved cheekily as the other dog approached. No worries, he thought, if they started anything he'd be over the roof and out of sight before they had a chance of clambering up to him.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Horus came to a stop by frost. "morning frost whats up? whos the coon?" horus asked pulling out a strip of bacon to eat.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast bristled at that. What did they think he was, one of these big pudgy northerners?

"Coon? I'm not a coon! I'm a ringtail! Cacomistle! I got moves none of your coons could match!"

And, his bag wedged higher on the roof ridge, he broke into an impromptu dance, almost spinning off the roof but catching himself dramatically (perhaps too dramatically) on the gutter.

"Could a coon do that?" he chirped as he scrambled back to safety and hauled his overstuffed backpack across his skinny shoulders. "And what are you two hunting today? Not coon, I hope... I'll have to disappoint you there."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost nodded as the other dog approached.
"Hey Horus. Nothin much. I think i got a cold... As for the raccoon.". Looking back up at the raccoon. He watched silently as it danced.
"From what I can gather, he's not made of money... And he doesn't like lettuce and pickles.". Counting them off with his fingers as he spoke.
"Hey, umm. You wanna come down from there? Cause... Well my neck's kinda getting tired of looking up. And I don't think your suppose to be on that roof."
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"I like it up here, got a good view, comfy seat, and an absence of coon dogs hunting me. Only thing missing is my breakfast, and who's going to pay for that, I ask you?"

They didn't seem terribly hungry, he decided, so he risked jumping down to the roof of the truck and peeling the lunchmeat from the cold metal. Leaving the bread for the birds, he swallowed the turkey and continued, "OK, I'm good, we can call it quits on my sandwich, now do I got your word that you're not looking to make me your breakfast?"
Hotep the psychic

Horus looked at the raccoon then to frost. "im about to get him down myself frost." horus said balling his paws up. "im gonna give you one warning coon before you learn to fly." horus said his right eye glowing a faint blue
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Coyote's Blazing H... Hangnails, I was right the first time!" Toast squeaked, thinking "They're hunting coon, and they think I'm one!" He made a quick feint as if he was heading back to the safety of the roof, but instead dodged over the fence and across the yard behind the house.
Hotep the psychic

Horus saw then crossed his arms in focus and soon disappeared next to frost in spiritual form then found the back yard and then re-appeared in front of the new visitor. "whoa there were you going? Lets get properly introduced." Horus said placing a hand in front of him like a cop stoping a car.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost scratched his head, looking slightly worried/irritated.
"Okay guys, umm.". He had to raise his voice to be able to be heard from the front of the house, having not moved any closer than the edge of the sidewalk. The sleddog was still trying to put one and two together but one thing he was sure he had to do was get those two out the backyard before someone found out.
"Seeing as both of you went into the backyard without so much as a wink... It kinda indicates how much you two respect private property (I mean no offense).". He took a breath and continued.
"I'm not sure there was a misunderstanding between me and fellow on the roof or between all of us. But...". He paused. Thinking of something to barter with.
"I'd be willing to provide an adequate meal to those who would please stop breaking the law...". His voiced sounded strained at the last few words.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Coyote's Blood, it's a spook!"

Toast loses it completely and skitters sideways to the back of the house. He starts beating on the back door, yelling in his high voice, "Help! Let me in! They're gonna kill me! Open up! I didn't do nothing!"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Aaand there goes the neighborhood...". Frost sighed, looking at the house, then over at the trail of greens on the street.
"Someone should really pick that up.". He murmured, then, after a few seconds of contemplation and a groan, gingerly started doing so.

Meanwhile...
There was an audible rustle in the house as Toast's pounding continued. He could see the lights click on through the door window and a slightly lanky black-haired man wearing a white t-shirt, thick square framed glasses, and gray sweats opened the door.
"Yes?". He asked in a mildly irritated/sleepy voice.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

The little animal's demeanor changed completely when he was confronted by a human. He stood there, paws curled in front of his chest, looking like an extra from "Oliver Twist", if he had a cloth cap that would stay on his head you could be sure he'd be wringing it nervously. "Please sir, I don't mean to intrude, but these dogs started chasing me while I was just walking along eating a sandwich, and I bought it fair, a dollar fifty at the corner store. And.. and... they're some kind of wizards! They had glowing eyes and they were appearing and disappearing like ghosts! Can you protect me, sir, I'm mightily scared!"
Hotep the psychic

Horus came up behind the new guy as he spoke to the man, then placed a paw on his shoulder."sorry mister. We just spooked him is all well be on our way and you may get some rest"horus said starting to push the raccoon away towards the side gate.
ImageImageImage
WolvenPaw15

Post by WolvenPaw15 »

Zeke leaned back, perched in the large tree in his back yard, the Malamute's mood had hit at least a small crescendo, this accentuated by the mellow melody that came from the strings of his violin and a hum of a song that had always been in his life "In the night, dream delight, I want to see you smile again he sang, his voice as wonderful as ever
Pet Friendly:
Zeke Warren RG S-5 P-5 E-5 C-5 I-8 A-9 L-5
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Umm. Sure? I guess." The man was scratching his head, looking slightly confused as the dog started to push the raccoon away.
"Though it doesn't really look like he's chasing you. More...pushing."
"Who was that?" A young feminine voice sounded from inside.
"No its just a dog and a raccoon. Hey... how'd you guys get back here anyways?"

Meanwhile...
"And that should be it." Frost muttered, tossing the last of the greens into a dumpster at the end of the road. Bleh, his fingers smelled like pickles now. He frowned, walking back to the house.
Last edited by Roarin on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

The jumpy little animal barely had to be touched before with a squeal he was halfway up the human's oak tree, perched on a branch, long ringed tail hanging below his hindpaws. "Sir, I'm not a raccoon, I beg you, please tell these dogs I'm not a raccoon, so they'll leave me alone! I'm a ringtail cat, a cacomistle!"

... "No its just a dog and a raccoon. Hey... how'd you guys get back here anyways?" ...

With that his face falls, and he begins to edge higher in the tree. "Doomed, I'm doomed, I should have listened to those ferrets and stayed in Texas"
Hotep the psychic

Horus looked up in the tree now and crossed his arms again. "hey ringtail why do you keep climbing trees and getting away im trying to introduce myself properly with nothing bad going to happen! And also get it out of your head that were trying to hunt you because were not." Horus said watching him
ImageImageImage
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Don't believe him mister! He threatened to blast me! First thing he said to me, said he was gonna teach me how to fly!"

The little critter peered around the trunk of the tree. "And the other one seemed to be nice before he showed up."
Hotep the psychic

"ok 1 you were on top of someone elses house on someone elses property that was not yours. 2 I meant fly like this." Horus said floating upwards into the tree and settling onto a branch standing straight still. "see. Now this town isn't normal ok youll have to know and get used to that. if you want a place to stay my house has extra space. And third my name is Horus whats yours?" Horus said calmly extending a paw out
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Right... Ringtail cat then.". The man adjusted his glasses.
"Umm. Guys as much as I enjoy company, it's early in the morning, and I'd really like to get some cof-"
"I heard someone say cat?". The man moved alittle to the side to let a pair of bright green eyes look out from behind him, which appeared about waist high from the ground compared to the man's height. Those eyes belonged to a pretty silky black furred feline. A thin tail sway behind her as she gaze up at Toast in the tree with curiosity.
"Wait... Your not a cat."
OOC: (Does the GM mind if I introduce another character? Sorry for not asking beforehand though >_<)

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast skittered back from the flying pooch, until he was hanging on the very end of a branch swaying dangerously over the roof. "Stay... stay away! Stay away, you crazy... wizard... thing... how was I supposed to know what you meant? I've never seen a flying dog before. And why do you care where I was? Nobody cares where animals go!"

And then his ears perked up, and he dropped thump to the roof and scrambled down the drainpipe. "Excuse me, sir, did you say... coffee? Oh sorry miss..." He stepped back half a pace as the cat poked her nose out. "No, miss, I'm not an actual cat as such, when the human pioneers came out west, they made pets outta us and called us cats, and the name kind of stuck."
Hotep the psychic

horus let out a small sigh and sat down on his branch as the cat came out the door. He then looked back at the ringtail. "ok im just going to say this again. I am not a hunting dog and im trying to be nice and help you by giving you a place to stay." Horus said again
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The cat stepped out further from behind the man, hands placed behind her back. A simple green circular tag swayed from. Her tan collar. Upon closer inspection the circle is made up of a connecting chain of ones and zeros.
"So... If your not a cat then. What are you?". She looked at the dog in the tree.
"And why is that dog chasing you?"
"No, from what I'm getting the dog isn't chasing, it's more of... The ringtail running. I mean.". The man shrugged.
"He seems nice, polite if you ask me.". Referring to Horus.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Darting wary glances at the dog in the tree and the garden gate, Toast explained "Well, miss, I can't rightly say why dogs do anything, all I know is I was walking along and eating my sandwich and this dog starts yelling at me, and chases me up on your roof, and his friend here starts threatening me for being up there when it was them what was the reason I was up there in the first place! And I was coming down, too, all nice and peaceful like, before he started with the spooky stuff. I should think I'm running, you'd run too if it happened to you!"

As he talked, he seemed to relax, and sat up on the porch railing. Seen up close, he looked kind of like a cat with big fox ears and an inverted coonish mask and stripey tail. "Like I was trying to explain to these hounds, miss, I'm a ringtail. I guess you can say raccoons are our cousins, like bears are cousins to dogs, or at least that's what my Dad used to tell visitors when he was showin' me off in the park."
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The black cat smiled alittle at the remark about dogs.
"Oh, your not a feral then.". She concluded after hearing him mention his dad.
"Did your family just move here? Cause I haven't seen you around the neighborhood before."

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Toast lifted his muzzle and pulled his jacket open to show off his collar and tags. "No, miss, I'm civilized!"

Then he slumped, "My Dad's still in Arizona. The new missus was allergic, or so she said, so I hadda leave. I couldn't stand going to... going with a new family, so Dad gave me my savings from working at the Park and I got emancipation papers. Been on my own for a year now, hitching across the country."

He dropped back to the porch, and hesitantly approached the cat, "It's pretty scary, sometimes," he whispered, "being on your own, and all."
Hotep the psychic

Horus gave up and jumped down from the branch and walked over to the gate as he found the ringtail ignoring him. He went throught the gate and sat on the sidewalk alone and bored. He then pulled a small photobook from his bag and looked at the photos.
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

The black cat nodded as she listened to the ringtail's story, contemplating. Then after a few seconds tugged on the man's sweats.
"Dad...?"
"Well...". The man scratched the five o'clock shadow on his chin, looking down at the ringtail as if scrutinizing him. Then with a sigh and a glance back inside the house.
"Look, we were about to start making breakfast. Would you like to come in and join us?". He sounded slightly reluctant, but understanding.

Meanwhile...
Frost sniffed his hands again. Bleh. Still smelled like pickles. Walking back over to the house he spotted Horus outside on the sidewalk.
"Hey.". He walked up to the other dog.
"What happened to the...". He voice drifted off as he looked around.
"To the raccoon?". The sleddog finished.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

With a silly grin on his muzzle, the little animal followed the cat and the human inside. "Thank you sir, thank you miss! My name's Terry Linden, and what might I call you, other than the bearer of coffee?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

They entered the kitchen which doubled as a dining room (it was a big room), a round wooden table fit for four adorned a corner. The cat pulled a chair as the man looked through the cabinets.
"Though 'Bearer of Coffee' does have a ring to it, folks usually call me Mark, Mark Dubner if their saying my full name, Mark if it's a friend, and Mr. Dubner to those a generation younger than me. Your welcome to fit in any of those categories (at the end of the day, I don't really care.)". He pulled out a bag of coffee beans and started to pour some in the grinder.
"You have any breakfast food preferences? We pretty much have everything. Expect Eggo waffles. Our house is an Eggo free zone, upon the lady's request.".
"It's cause their not REAL waffles.". The black cat answered, making an exaggerated disgusted face.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"Why thank you Mister Dubner, and if I could have a couple of fingers of coffee that would be great! I can't handle more and I hate to waste any. And a couple of fresh eggs?"

Toast dropped his lumpy pack by the door, carefully setting it out of the way, and clambered up on the next chair to the cat. "And what's your name, miss, if I might be bold enough to ask?"
Hotep the psychic

Horus looked up from the photo book "hmm oh he s been ignoring me and my kindness and left into the house for breakfast apparently. what about you and what smells like pickles?" Horus said standing up
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Frost shrugged, putting his hands in his jacket pockets, hoping that would hide the scent.
"Just some community service is all.". He nodded towards the photo album.
"Whatcha lookin at there?"

Meanwhile...
The whirring of the grinder died down as Mark took the ground beans out and transferred them to the coffee maker.
"It's Kasi". The cat answered, smiling as she drew invisible circles on the table with her finger.
"Well, actually.". Mark interjected, he was now rummaging through the fridge for some eggs.
"Her real name is-"
"DAD!!!". Kasi yelled, her face looked red and her claws were out, scratching the surface of the table. The man just chuckled, taking out a carton of eggs.
"Terry, how do you want your eggs. Scrambled? Sunny-side up? Or...?"

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

Most of the cats in the Sonoran desert are pretty big... bobcats and larger... so he didn't have much experience with cats his own size...

Almost his own size...

Not that much bigger than him, anyway! "Very pleased to meet you, miss Kasi." he grinned, his long tail twisting unconsciously in matching circles.

"Nothing wrong with a chosen name, sir, I don't use my pet name any more meself... oh, eggs!" Toast hadn't thought that far ahead. "Oh, they're cold, guess I'll have them cooked!"

"Oh. You mean how do I want them cooked?"

"In the shell, like at the corner store? But not too well done!"
Hotep the psychic

"oh uh just some pictures of Egypt and other places ive been to." horus said putting away the book. it was quiet today and not much passed except for the new comer who he still didn't know his name. "well now what? ive got some games at my house for PS3 and wii." Horus suggested to break the bordom
ImageImageImage
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Right. Boiled eggs, coming right up." Soon a pot was whipped out of a lower cabinet, filled with water and put on the stove (along with a few eggs).
As breakfast was cooking, Kasi turned her attention to the ring-tail.
"So what brings you all the way from Arizona to Radiant Gardens?" She smirked. "Is this just another stop on your country-round trip around the U.S.?"

Meanwhile...
"Yeah, sounds good." The sleddog agreed, he wagged his tail slowly from side to side. Frost didn't have anything else to do at the moment, and playing video-games was always fun. Or at least that's what he'd heard, having never played them before. But, there's better time than the present to try something new.

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

"What brings me? Me feet and me thumb, miss. Hitchin' rides and walking. I had to walk across two state lines to get papers. See, Ringtail's the state animal of Arizona, so I couldn't even be a pet there, not proper, if Dad didn't work for the Parks I couldn't even live with him. And hitching a ride? Nobody'd pick me up, 'cos I'm a protected species out there. Can't get papers, can't live with any old human. I'm supposed to be this noble feral. Like sleepin' on a bed was some kind of insult to my wild heritage. Noble feral my... anyway, I got to Texas, and I hear about whole emancipated towns up North, so I stuck my thumb out and started hitching."

The little brown animal shrugged, "Don't mean to be a downer. Tell me about this place, can everyone do the spooky stuff? Can I learn it?"
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

"Oh yeah, everyone has it." There was a sizzle and the smell of bacon was in the air. "This place is full of magical pets and people alike, you should see this place on Halloween night. Flying pets, people walking through wall. Its a blast. I think it has something to do with the drinking water." His voice was layered in sarcasm that couldn't be conveyed over text.
Kasi rolled her eyes.
"Its not THAT crazy." She explained, correcting her owner. "Its just a few pets around the neighborhood who can do mild tricks and unusual stuff, at least the ones I've seen aren't that exciting. But I'm not sure how it works either. I personally think its actually a pretty mellow neighborhood." She shrugged earnestly.
"I've seen a few pets who move here that didn't have 'spooky stuff' and a few weeks later they could do small things. Some move here because they can do magic and find that this place is one where they can finally fit in. But yeah." She shrugged again, smiling.
"I guess if you want to find that out, you'd have to stick around here longer."

Ref Ref!
Argent

Post by Argent »

As the room warmed up Toast slipped out of his faded blue jacket and tossed it on his pack. After Mark's comment he grinned slyly. "Really? Could I have a cup of water, too?"

"Sounds to me like this would be just the place to settle down a while then, miss Kasi. I wonder if anyone around here could put up a hard-working animal for a while... I'm pretty good with my hands, and I can chip in rent. You wouldn't know someone like that, would you?"

He suddenly sat up straight, whiskers and tail quivering. "And what in the world are you cooking, Mister Dubner sir! I can't say I ever smelled anything like that!"
Hotep the psychic

Horus guided frost to his house to go ahead and play video games. upon arriving to the two story house horus saw the free extra space sign outside for rent and a jobs needed at some place his owner worked at. the to went throught the front door. "well here we are home sweet home, make yourself comfortable. And don't touch any of the vases there from Egypt and my mom always has a reaction to anything happening to them. Couch is over there in front of the plasma" Horus said pointing and walking to the kitchen for drinks
ImageImageImage