Colour Personality Test

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

kurowolfe

Colour Personality Test

Post by kurowolfe »

I found a colour personality test, which might explain who you are, though a little bit negative on its outlook.

You can try it here

The results seem to hit close to reality, but then again, looking at most responses so far, it might be pure luck.
Last edited by kurowolfe on Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
lasthunter

Re: Colour Personality Test

Post by lasthunter »

Your Existing Situation

"In a very inactive and stationary condition, yet conflict and disagreements keep the wheels in the head constantly turning. Looking for fulfilling relationships which are affectionate and understanding, yet settles for less."
Your Stress Sources

"Current problems are seen as dangerous and threatening. He is angry a the thought he will have to continually put off his own goals for the time being, leaving him feeling powerless to change things. He feels used, overwhelmed, and exhausted at the demands placed on him."
Your Restrained Characteristics

Emotionally demanding and will involve himself in close relationships but won't get too involved or give too much of himself.

"Feels he is not receiving his fair share and is unable to rely on anyone for support or sympathy. He keeps his emotions bottled up, leaving him quick to take offense to small things. He tries to make the best of his situation."

"Believes his hopes and dreams are realistic, but needs reassurance from others. Has strict standards when looking for a partner and wants guarantees that he will not be disappointed or lose."

Your Desired Objective

"His current situation is viewed as unpleasant and demanding to much out of him. He is stubborn and close-minding, feeling his way is the only correct way."
Your Actual Problem

"Feeling a lack of energy, he does not wish to be involved in further activity or give in to demands. He is feeling powerless causing him stress, agitation, and irritation. He reacts by becoming the victim and feeling as if everyone is out to get him. Demands with annoyance that he needs to get his own way."

oh god its all true...... :shock:

this is just one result out of two....but both of them are true....odd its effective.
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Argent

Post by Argent »

If you take this color test a mighty army will fall.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Mine was about right, although if you saw mine, you'd undersand why I'm not posting it.

I am shocked by how true it actually is. I mean, it pin pointed a massive issue I have in my life now to the point. I'm rather shocked that anything can do that, let alone from just picking colours...
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

I took it twice and got rather different results each time. Neither really suited me. *shrugs*
Argent wrote:If you take this color test a mighty army will fall.
Heh. Well said.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Your Existing Situation

Looking for excitement and adventure and anything new and far from ordinary. Is bored by routines and repetition.
...I do pretty much the same exact thing every day and I'm completely fine with it. so that's way off.
Your Stress Sources

"Demands to be noticed by others as an important individual, needs attention and recognition. His current situation is leaving him dissatisfied. He feels he needs to make friends with those who hold the same high standards he does. Wants to stand out as someone at the top of his class and be admired by others. He needs to feel in control which makes it difficult to give of himself to another person. He feels isolated and alone but refuses to appear weak and continues to be emotionally distant from others in order to keep his attitude of superiority. "
well the first bit may be true. I do aspire to better things, running for anime club VP and gunning for a promotion to global mod. and I do look for friends similar to myself, so I suppose that could mean I want people who hold similarly high standards, but it could also mean I want friends with similarly low standards. And I don't feel I remain emotionally distant.

[redacted]

"Struggles to make his demands clear, but feels ignored. Feels resentful, but acts as if he doesn't care, doing what is necessary to keep peace."

[same as the first one, why do I have to redact it again?]
I don't feel resentful, and most of the time I genuinely don't care. I don't feel ignored. I do try to keep the peace though.
Your Desired Objective

"Longs for a loving, caring, and supportive relationship, and fanaticizes of living in perfect harmony with others. Has a strong desire for tenderness and affection and enjoys things which are artistically pleasing to the eye."
I suppose this is at least somewhat accurate.
Your Actual Problem

"Impressed by unique and one of a kind things, and by people with exceptional personalities. Tries to takes the characteristics he likes in other people and apply it to himself as well as coming across as a unique individual."
uhh... maybe?
Your Actual Problem #2

Fears others will try to hold him back from achieving his goals and the things he wants. Puts on the charm and can be manipulative towards others hoping he can get them to do as he wishes and making it easier for him to reach his own goals.
no.

though on an odd note, a lot of these characteristics describe one of my RP characters. maybe I subconsciously made him after myself. I mean, I did base his parents after my own.
I mean, it's almost creepy how well this describes him. :/
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

ok everyone please note that the site is now disturbing........i think im scared....
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Lifio13

Post by Lifio13 »

My Results:
Your Existing Situation

"Is sensitive and easily influenced by other's thoughts and emotions. Looking for friendly, easy-going relationships and jobs that help develop them."
Me in a nutshell. I'm very sensitive, and influenced easily.
Your Stress Sources

"Avoids pressure from others and insists on developing his individual independence. Wants to make up his own mind with resistance from others or outside forces, and needs the freedom to make his own decisions. Wants to be looked at as a wise individual whose opinions are respected, and has a hard time admitting he is wrong. Can be reluctant to accept or understand other people's opinions or point of view."
This is actually partly true. I'm very indecisive, and I do want the freedom to make my own. However, I don't have a hard time admitting I'm wrong, nor am I reluctant to accept other's opinions.

[Hidden]

"Feels he is not receiving his fair share and is unable to rely on anyone for support or sympathy. He keeps his emotions bottled up, leaving him quick to take offence to small things. He tries to make the best of his situation."

Is feeling emotionally drained from stressful and tense situations. He is in need of peace and quiet in order to overcome his lack of energy and may become irritable if he does not recover.

[Hidden for the same reasons as the first one, it's basically the same thing.]
This is very true, I guess. While I don't think I'm not receiving my fair share and unable to rely on anyone(The complete opposite actually). The last two sentences of that are true to me. The third statement is also true, except I don't become irritable. The first and last removed ones, not so much.
Your Desired Objective

"Looking for a loving relationship, which brings happiness and contentment. Brings emotional excitement to the relationship. Helpful and willing to give as much as he takes, and requires the same sort of giving relationship from others. "
I dunno if this is true to me or not, but oh well.
Your Actual Problem

"Wants to be valued and respected, seeks a close and peaceful relationship with a shared respect of each other."
Again, dunno if this is true or not.
Your Actual Problem #2

"Prefers to be left in peace and avoids arguments, confrontation, and conflicts."
This is me in a nutshell. Violence is never the answer!

So I guess it's mostly true. Something's definitely aren't though.
Avatar by the very talented Laxan!

~Rusty Reid -Yorkshire Terrier-RA
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Your Existing Situation

Needs excitement and constant stimulation. Willingly participates in activities that are thrilling and offer adventure.

Your Stress Sources

"Wishes for freedom and independence, free from limitations and restrictions except for the ones she choices to give himself."

Open and emotionally involved in relationships and easily finds satisfaction through [well then].

"Feels she is carry more than her share of problems. she is flexible and laid back, sticking to her goals and working to overcome any difficulty."

Is bothered when her needs and desires are misunderstood and she feels there is no one to turn to or rely on. her self-centered attitude can cause her to be easily offended.

"Feels she is carry more than her share of problems. she is flexible and laid back, sticking to her goals and working to overcome any difficulty."

Open and emotionally involved in relationships and easily finds satisfaction through [well then].

Your Desired Objective

"Wishes to live in a calm, peaceful, relaxing environment, where everyone gets along and there is a strong sense of belonging."

Your Actual Problem

"Prefers to be left in peace and avoids arguments, confrontation, and conflicts."
I don't actually restrain those characteristics, but alrighty then.

And yes, I am extroverted, but I do prefer peace over drama. But my social skills are strong enough to keep out of problems, so I don't have too many issues with people.

Fairly accurate, really. But it bothers me that the other results people are getting are so... dark.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Color Quiz wrote:Your Existing Situation

Authoritative or in a position of power or leadership. Feels that current difficulties are causing problems and he is unable to progress further. Determined and commanding he strives for his goals despite the obstacles he faces.
This kinda describes me, but I can't help but feel this is sounds too forceful to be me...
Color Quiz wrote:Your Stress Sources

"Feels empty and isolated from others and wishes to overcome this feeling. Believes life has more to offer him than what he was experienced thus far, and doesn't want to miss out on anything. He purses all his goals and dreams, fearful that any missed opportunity will cause him to miss out on even more. Quickly becomes an expert in any field he pursues and can sometimes come off as overbearing and nosy."
I agree with everything but the nosy and overbearing part. I don't get involved in friend's personal problems, unless they ask for help.
Color Quiz wrote: Your Restrained Characteristics

Current events leave him feeling forced into compromise in order to avoid being cut off from affection or future cooperation.

"Struggles to make his demands clear, but feels ignored. Feels resentful, but acts as if he doesn't care, doing what is necessary to keep peace."

"Believes his hopes and dreams are realistic, but needs reassurance from others. Has strict standards when looking for a partner and wants guarantees that he will not be disappointed or lose."

Conceited and is easily insulted. Holds back emotionally but is able to find satisfaction through [Not on this forum you don't].

Conceited and is easily insulted. Holds back emotionally but is able to find satisfaction through [Seriously, why is this the same thing?].
Half True, but mostly false. Also I feel the last 2, or really just one, is completely false. I try to be as open as possible and you have to do a lot to insult me.
Your Desired Objective

"Wishes to live in a calm, peaceful, relaxing environment, where everyone gets along and there is a strong sense of belonging."
This would be my ideal, and I'm pretty darn close to it.
Your Actual Problem

Needs to find a stable and peaceful environment which will free him of the worries that are preventing him from achieving the things he wants.
Your Actual Problem #2

This describes me to a T, but I don't see how these are problems...

Overall I think it is kinda right, but the negative aspects are off in my opinion and what it says are problems I find to be strengths. I personally try to find ways to get everyone involved and at peace in club activities I'm in, so how is that bad? Also I prefer peace over drama, I'll take a slow day over learning something terrible happened any day. While I do have some problems I think this exam picked the wrong ones, at least for me. Also I found it odd that Beagle, Brent and I got a couple things in common. I wonder if age had something to do with which colors we picked?
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I think it has something to do with the fact that we're college-aged students who are heavy users of the Internet and intellectually gifted in some way. We're finding out who we really are and we crave it. And with the fact that since we use the Internet to interact socially, and we have higher-than-average intelligence, we know what happens when people don't use etiquette (ie YouTube comments that result in the lose of brain cells). So we prefer to be in a community that won't degenerate into mass chaos (ie Housepets). Also did you notice that Brent is a Mod (a keeper of the peace) and while I'm not a Mod, I tend to try and keep everyone in check without mini-Modding?

If I didn't have a fear of the committment, I'd probably "apply" to be a Mod myself, honestly.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Here's how I did!
My Existing Situation wrote:Finds himself in a situation that is difficult and not quite going his way, yet he is persistent and continues to do things his way. He tries to hide his true intentions, in order to gain false trust from his opponents.

Mostly accurate.

My Stress Sources wrote:Avoids pressure from others and insists on developing his individual independence. Wants to make up his own mind with resistance from others or outside forces, and needs the freedom to make his own decisions. Wants to be looked at as a wise individual whose opinions are respected, and has a hard time admitting he is wrong. Can be reluctant to accept or understand other people's opinions or point of view.

Accurate.

My Restrained Characteristics wrote:Emotionally distant even from those closest to him.

Is feeling emotionally drained from stressful and tense situations. He is in need of peace and quiet in order to overcome his lack of energy and may become irritable if he does not recover.

"Insists his hopes and ideas are realistic and achievable, but needs encouragement and support. His self-centeredness can cause him to take things too personally."

"Insists his hopes and ideas are realistic and achievable, but needs encouragement and support. His self-centeredness can cause him to take things too personally."

Current events have him feeling forced to make bargains and put aside his own desires for now. He is able to find satisfaction and happiness through sexual activity.

Numbers three and four are repeats on the Web site, I didn't make a mistake. I'd say this section was accurate.

My Desired Objective wrote:Is constantly trying to prove himself and make a positive difference though he is constantly faced with criticism and disapproval.

That's my perception, anyway.

My Actual Problem wrote:Needs to be viewed and respected as an outstanding individual, in order to build his self-esteem and self-worth. Resists any type of weakness and sets high standards for himself.

Yes, yes, yes. Very much yes. Yes. Yet I suck a lot, so I don't meet the standards I set, which makes me feel bad. x3

My Other Actual Problem (Because One was Not Enough) wrote:Is resistant of outside pressures and control, or anything that stands in the way of his freedom to make his own decisions and plans. Works hard to establish and build his position and status.

I'd say the former is accurate; however, the latter applies only in some situations. I'd probably be doing it at work, if I cared at all about my job or current career field.

This has been Get to Know Dissension.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Duster

Post by Duster »

Duster wrote:My Existing Situation:
"Very social and needs a highly social environment with people who depend on him, in order to feel safe. He is a go-getter and can adapt to almost any situation. "

My Stress Sources:
"Wishes for freedom and independence, free from limitations and restrictions except for the ones he choices to give himself."

My Restrained Characteristics:

"Tries to participate and involve himself in things going on around him; however, avoids conflict and arguments to reduce stress and tension."

Feels trapped in a helpless situation and is desperately seeking relief. He is able to find pleasure and happiness in "hobbies".

My Desired Objective:

"Always trying to make a good impression on others, and is constantly watching to see if he is succeeding in this. Is interested in how others react to him; this makes him feel in control. Strategically plans out ways to gain further influence over others and special recognition. Is easily distracted by the pleasingly beautiful and original."
My Actual Problem:

Longs the freedom to make his own decisions and plans without the criticism and restrictions of others. Uses his charm to deal with others and get what he wants.
I thought this color test was fun! All in all I believe that my results were fairly accurate.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Argent

Post by Argent »

If you dump a bunch of easy generalizations on just about anyone, you'll find at least some of them hitting the mark. And once they do, the subject is going to start thinking they recognize more of them. This is a pretty standard way of starting a "cold reading" by carny psychics.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I don't believe anyone considers this a comprehensive personality assessment; it's just a fun little thing to share and comment on. If you don't care for it, you're not obligated to post in this thread.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Dissension wrote:I don't believe anyone considers this a comprehensive personality assessment;

I don't mean to offend anyone but I think you underestimate people a fair bit with that. XP
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Argent wrote:If you dump a bunch of easy generalizations on just about anyone, you'll find at least some of them hitting the mark. And once they do, the subject is going to start thinking they recognize more of them. This is a pretty standard way of starting a "cold reading" by carny psychics.
well, I didn't fall for it. But I do find it odd that, while I don't feel it describes me, it did almost perfectly describe the RP character of mine whose parents I based off of my own. the problem they listed was the exact thing I had in mind while creating the character.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Argent wrote:If you dump a bunch of easy generalizations on just about anyone, you'll find at least some of them hitting the mark. And once they do, the subject is going to start thinking they recognize more of them. This is a pretty standard way of starting a "cold reading" by carny psychics.
Exactly. Hence why every personality test has a "don't take this as a serious diagnosis and seek a profession if needed" disclaimer at the very beginning.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

I'm getting a "Helen" or "Ellen" from one of you, who has passed on--she complained of her chest before she went....

(Seriously, that's one of John Edwards' stock "cold readings".)
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Le results:
Your Existing Situation

"Organized and detail-oriented, he has a very precise and methodical manner. He needs relationships which offer him understanding, respect, and approval."
Shaddap, you're making me seem self-centered ohwaitthat'strueHAHAHAHAHA*slap*
Your Stress Sources

"Needs to meet people who have the same high principals and values as himself, but finds the need unfulfilled. His need to feel dominate and superior leaves him feeling isolated and does not allow for him to give freely of himself. He would like to surrender and let go, but sees that as a weakness he must not give in to. Holding back will allow him to stand out for the crowd and earn a higher status, recognized by others as unique and important."
I do like to be with people I can agree with on values. I do like to be the leader of the group, but I am also a bit of a lone-wolf, feeling that sometimes my leadership will bring the group down.

First part describes me scarily well. The second part also describes me scarily well (I gave up my dream of going to Sweden when I grew up because I feel that I can't do it)
Your Desired Objective

"Feels he is in a hopeless situation, which causes him to feel depressed. He resists things which he finds difficult or not to his liking and shields himself from the things which irritate him."
My mom said the same thing a lot. Again, scary accurate.
Your Actual Problem

"Struggles with his need for respect and admiration from others; feels he needs to make a name for himself and stand out from the crowd. He acts out by insisting he be the center of attention, and refuses to step back, stand down, or take on a minor, insignificant role."
And this is why I am on the internet so often!

The Final Verdict: Ohmahjeez this is accurate
If you want my number, it's #804080.