Questions to make you think...

For playing all sorts of silly I-don't-know-whats

Moderators: Render, ArcWolf

Argent

Questions to make you think...

Post by Argent »

OK, here's the game.

The questioner ("Q") asks a question. The question should be something anyone can answer, but answering it well requires a bit of thought.

After some period of time, between one and three days, "Q" picks one of the answerers ("A") who answered really well to be the next "Q".

If nobody answers within a day (or so, I know some people can't get on that often), they ask another question. If they think they haven't got a good enough answer after three days, they have to pick someone anyway.

There's no restrictions of discussion, calls for clarification, elaborations, explanations, and jabberwocky. If a discussion thread starts up, let a thousand flowers bloom. To make sure it's clear what's part of the game, Questions and Answers are in bold with a "Q:" or "A:" at the front.

If the need for more rules becomes obvious even to my crazy little weasel brain, I'll insert them here.

I'll start as "Q". And the question is:

Q: If you could put a webcam anywhere on the planet, where would you put it?
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
lasthunter

Re: Questions to make you think...

Post by lasthunter »

i would put a web cam inside of a bottle and throw it into the sea so that i can float through out the world.
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Argent

Post by Argent »

That's a whole direction I hadn't thought of! I guess we can assume that the internet connection and power is supplied through magic. Magic is totally cromulent. I see we're off to a good start!
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Does the camera teleport to the location or do I need to place it there myself?
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I would put it in one of the driers in a busy new York laundry mat. I could be known as the man who finally discovered where our socks go when the dryer eats them.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

I second Seth's answer. I've been curious as to how socks disappear in the first place...
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Argent

Post by Argent »

GeckoZY wrote:Does the camera teleport to the location or do I need to place it there myself?
The camera is magically created out of the sheer awesomeness of your imagination as coming up with the idea of having it there.

I suspect the socks are somehow involved in the coat-hanger conspiracy from Or All the Seas with Oysters. I hope the sock-eater doesn't eat webcams as well.
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Then using my pure and awesome imagination I shall materialize a camera pointing to the sky at the location of the largest undiscovered sunken treasure ship and use the weather patterns and the constellations to start a worldwide treasurehunt.
El Psy Congroo
Argent

Post by Argent »

GeckoZY wrote:Then using my pure and awesome imagination I shall materialize a camera pointing to the sky at the location of the largest undiscovered sunken treasure ship and use the weather patterns and the constellations to start a worldwide treasurehunt.
Clever, that's like the traditional Magic Mouth Burglar Alarm from old-school D&D.

OK, you're the new "Q".
GeckoZY

Post by GeckoZY »

Q: If you were given a choice of being omniscient but not being able to control what you know (ie. you'll know when someone is pretending to be friends) or being able to live forever but never age nor die (no age control but can select the age, can never be killed until the end of time), which one would you choose and why?

Optional: What would you do with the power? :P
El Psy Congroo
Mickey the Luxray

I would choose neither. Omniscience would drive me insane, especially if I can't control my thoughts. Immortality would make it so I'd have to see society crumble before me, all my loved ones dying away while I am destined to remain until the end of time...
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Immortality would make it so I'd have to see society crumble before me, all my loved ones dying away while I am destined to remain until the end of time...
That is a good point. I really don't want to survive, when in 4 or 5 billion years the sun consumes the earth...
If I have to choose one of these two options, I would take omniscience, that is someting you can stop in some final way.

If I could choose, what my ability would be, I'd like to be able to teleport, that would make traveling much more easy, quite fast and also a lot cheaper. :D
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

i would choose immortality. i want to help humanity as a whole but im afraid my life is just too short to have much effect. i could do so much in a few billion years i could even find out the very nature of the human soul and evolve the human race with small change's through the time.
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I'll take the omniscience. The concept of eternal anything kinda scares me and even if I couldnt control it I'd be sure to get some knowledge that would come in handy.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Argent

Post by Argent »

Omniscience would mean going insane almost immediately. You'd experience everything, including everything you'd experience living forever, all crammed into one singing instant of all the joys of heaven and all the torments of hell and everything in between.

I'll take going insane slowly, and maybe learning to live with myself forever. Odds are better.

I don't know what I'd do with it, I'd certainly have time to think of some interesting ideas. I don't think I'd pull a Captain Scarlet.
GeckoZY

Post by GeckoZY »

lasthunter wrote:i would choose immortality. i want to help humanity as a whole but im afraid my life is just too short to have much effect. i could do so much in a few billion years i could even find out the very nature of the human soul and evolve the human race with small change's through the time.
I'd say that this will probably be the best answer.

In my opinion, immortality would have been the better choice. I think getting crazy wouldn't be much of a problem because by the amount of time that you will be living, those events would just become an event, something that would not dwell on or just forget eventually.

And the best thing to do with that power would probably be helping the humanity. Technology improves exponentially over time (will it slow down? :o), by the time that the sun dies or the humans evolved, technology would have been advance enough to allow space travel and multitudes more unimaginable technologies, assuming that humans wouldn't end up destroying itself. Be the dictator, the enforcer, the guardian of time and humanity!

Note that I have included the phrase, 'until the end of time', so you just need to end time for you. Probably in the future, the 'end of time' would mean something more literal that what it is today. Sorry for the long post. XD

lasthunter is the new Q.
El Psy Congroo
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

who do you choose to live.

1. allow your child and parents to die but sparing your lover.
2. allow your lover and parents to die but sparing your child.

think carefully on this one both have consequences to the choice.
Mickey the Luxray

The real answer to this question all comes down to if you think you can take care of a child on your own, as well as how much you actually love your lover. If you really love your lover and feel that you can't take care of a child on your own, then you might spare your lover and let the child die- if you spared the child he/she might die later because you can't take care of him/her. You can invert the conditions and you'll take the other choice.

However- if you don't love your lover but feel that you can't take care of the child on your own then depending on how selfish you are you would choose to either let them both die or spare the lover, or even spare the child if you have an alternate plan for how you can give the child a better life.

I don't think this is a very good question, it made me think but there are too many variables in it to really get a definite answer.
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

that's the point...sorry but i like this kind of stuff. ;)
Mickey the Luxray

lasthunter wrote:that's the point...sorry but i like this kind of stuff. ;)
Well it's also a question that not everyone can answer since not everyone's found that special someone or raised a child yet.
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

fine I'll change it( and ill tone it down some ok?)

would you send someone into a never before tested time machine why or why not....(not that very fun but its easy...)
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

No because I have scruples.
I'd test it first on animals or, inanimate objects if possible, before sending someone off to who knows what terrible fate.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Argent

Post by Argent »

Only if it's one of those hypothetical time machines that can only be used once in a timeline, and there's some cataclysm they have to avert.

Or if it's my past self, because, you know, I made it, right?
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

by the end of today i will choose the winner.....
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

I would test it on a person I don't like, aka my nemesis. So that way if something goes horribly wrong then I wouldn't care what happens to thus said person. If it worked then at least I'll have a working machine now.
Yes, I am a furry.
Argent

Post by Argent »

You got a nemesis? How do you rate a nemesis? I never got a nemesis!

(careful, your nemesis will go back in time so he can invent the machine first)
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

DA DA DA DADA BUM BUM BUM BUM (sounds of a record breaking.)

well so much for that. anyway the winner of this easy little question is musclecar326 you are now Q.

ps. just set the time machine to appear over the arctic ocean....
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

argent.....please restart the game.
Argent

Post by Argent »

You have a debit card with a million dollars on it*. You can spend it on yourself, or you can spend it on "good works". If you spend it on "good works" you will be competing with five other people in the same situation... the one who spends theirs on "good works" and is voted the best use of the money will get a card good for 10 million dollars. What do you do?

* To keep this simple, assume that it's tax-free.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I use it on myself and make a movie.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
GeckoZY

Post by GeckoZY »

I will get the million. Pay a couple of other people, who don't know the deal, to acquire more cards for me. Use the huge stack of cards to buy myself a couple of successful and growing companies. Earn more money. Enjoy the infinite wealth generated by the mechanism.
El Psy Congroo
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'd give the lot to the "Save The Tasmanian Devil" fund. The Tasmanian Devils really are in danger from DFTD, a horrible, nasty disease which causes large tumours on their faces. The tumors hinder their ability to eat, causing an agonising death by starvation. That fund is also very real. Devils are an essential and unique part of the Tasmanian ecosystem. They are primarily scavengers, eating the carcasses of dead animals and cleaning up the bush and the roads. They are also one of the few animals which are preventing such threats as foxes (sorry Sleet) and feral cats from taking over the state and devestating the populations of native wildlife such as possums and gliders.
If there's competition, who cares? More money to the Devils!

Sorry about the eco-warrior like spiel but that's genuinely what I'd do.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Argent

Post by Argent »

OK, Hlaoroo takes it away. Take it away, bunny!
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Yay! I'm the gadgets master! *insert James Bond theme here*
If you were to take the place of either Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny, whose would you take and why?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Santa clause
I'd only have to work one night a year and I wouldn't have to get in shape.
Plus y'know free cookies
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Santa Claus, free travel, free food, everyone loves me, I get to sneak in to anyone's house and take whate... Leave gifts.
Sent from my conifer.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Easter Bunny! because the Easter Weasel would be able to hide eggs so much better than a scwewy wabbit!
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

Easter bunny.....i need to know if he actually poop's out the egg's...... :shock: and if he is really a giant bunny or just the size of a regular bunny......and if he eats the children that stay up late.
Mickey the Luxray

Hlaoroo wrote:Yay! I'm the gadgets master! *insert James Bond theme here*
If you were to take the place of either Santa Clause or the Easter Bunny, whose would you take and why?

Come to think of it I wouldn't take either of their places. Their jobs are... really... demanding. In both you have to distribute joy throughout the entire world in a single night. With Santa you'd have to take inventory of whatever a kid wants, constantly monitor their behavior, and write new entries into the "Naughty or Nice list" when someone is born, as well as crossing out those who perished before the season began. Oh, and you have to check the names of 7 billion people TWICE.
The Easter Bunny doesn't even have assistants- he has to weave each and every basket, paint each and every egg, make all of the chocolate, and make sure that the recipient gets the candies they like, meaning that he must know what each and every person's tastes are, ALL ON HIS OWN. And they both have a huge image and reputation to maintain, so one slip-up could cost them everything they ever did.

Nope. That's just too much to ask of a mere Luxray.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Don't forget that NORAD tracks Santa!