HPU:Applegate

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: Pet Friendly:Applegate

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Seth wrote:"Well we only met yesterday. There was a bit of a crisis and we had to help out a mutual friend."
"Ah I see , so it's a "friend of a friend" kind of stuff huh" , decided that it's probably not the best thing to ask about , the fox changed the subject "that reminds me, do you think people around here would have any problems with ferals , considering this is a farm town and all , especially the polices?"

OCC : I think there're no pets at the park at the moment , only a ghost which normal characters can't see . Don't worry about your english , it'll gets better , but try not to break the 4th wall like this
Keon wrote:Then, moved by a strange force in his mind known as the person that is writing this
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

serence ice fox wrote:
Seth wrote:"Well we only met yesterday. There was a bit of a crisis and we had to help out a mutual friend."
"Ah I see , so it's a "friend of a friend" kind of stuff huh" , decided that it's probably not the best thing to ask about , the fox changed the subject "that reminds me, do you think people around here would have any problems with ferals , considering this is a farm town and all , especially the polices?"
"I can't imagine they'd take it well. But our other feral friend seemed to blend in ok wearing a collar. I'm sure you'd get some odd looks but as long as you have a collar on and some kind of cover story I'd assume you'll be alright."
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus gulped down the last of his milk. He felt like a snake after ingesting a whole goat: Actually, he had never felt so *good*. he was with the ones he loved, he was in the company of Buster's family, and he was no longer obsessed by the clock.
"Ms. Drake, can I show you to my room now?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

"lead the way," Nancy replied after she finished her meal. "Thanks for the lovely meal, Isabelle."

Buster was happy, too. He'd been cold and emotionless after Tara's death until meeting Janus, then he was confused and worried and scared and angry and a lot of other unpleasant emotions. but now he was genuinely happy, and he doesn't know how he managed to repress his emotions for as long as he did.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

"My pleasure. Just come back anytime. Even lunch will do fine."

Janus took Buster's paw. he didn't say anything, both to spare his lover another embarrassing moment, and because he felt too happy for words. Janus felt as if he couldn't say anything, right now, that could express properly the sheer strength of his feelings for this bunny.
"This way," he said, not clear if referring to the humans or Buster. He walked toward the stairs.

The door opened on the house's largest room. Light from a windowpane, and the smell of colors and chemicals welcomed the group.
Janus chuckled, blushing. "heh, sorry for the smell. I got used to it." he went to a stand and took a finely carved wooden statue. Just as he had said, it depicted Buster, posing like a warrior, wearing a sort of light padded armor and holding a spear. his legs were still fused with the wood. There was even a beginning of a bush at the figure's right. One could almost smell the tiny leaves. "Like it?" he asked to the Drakes, handing it out.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:"My pleasure. Just come back anytime. Even lunch will do fine."

Janus took Buster's paw. he didn't say anything, both to spare his lover another embarrassing moment, and because he felt too happy for words. Janus felt as if he couldn't say anything, right now, that could express properly the sheer strength of his feelings for this bunny.
"This way," he said, not clear if referring to the humans or Buster. He walked toward the stairs.

The door opened on the house's largest room. Light from a windowpane, and the smell of colors and chemicals welcomed the group.
Janus chuckled, blushing. "heh, sorry for the smell. I got used to it." he went to a stand and took a finely carved wooden statue. Just as he had said, it depicted Buster, posing like a warrior, wearing a sort of light padded armor and holding a spear. his legs were still fused with the wood. There was even a beginning of a bush at the figure's right. One could almost smell the tiny leaves. "Like it?" he asked to the Drakes, handing it out.
"Wow, this is amazing," Nancy said as she looked at the craftmanship of the sculpture. "I'm jealous.
"wow," was all Buster managed to say... or would have been if the next words to slip out of his mouth weren't "I love you." He was surprised to hear himself say it. He didn't quite think he was ready, but his subconscious had other plans. His eyes widened and he began to blush.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Seth wrote:"I can't imagine they'd take it well. But our other feral friend seemed to blend in ok wearing a collar. I'm sure you'd get some odd looks but as long as you have a collar on and some kind of cover story I'd assume you'll be alright."
"hehe yah that's normal I suppose , we ferals don't seems to have a good reputation as far as I know , and a collar huh .... . "Collar" , that one word Serenade never thought would be connected to her ever again.....The last time a collar was put on her was 4 years ago , and those nightmarish days are not something she wants to be reminded about , thus in the fox's mind , a collar is the sign of a pet , and by putting it on , she would be showing submission to the human's way , which even though wasn't bad by any means , was not something she could bring herself to do , not even for the man that saved her life . But where else could she goes, for one year long she wandered from town to town , none had made her feel this way , and since even that human officer didn't know who she was or what she did, this may be her best bet
"*sigh* nothing can ever be simple can it, at least it's not life or death this time"
"interesting , well I'll consider that , thanks Gage" Serenade said , still with a pleasant smile on her face , the picnic area is already up ahead
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

serence ice fox wrote:"hehe yah that's normal I suppose , we ferals don't seems to have a good reputation as far as I know , and a collar huh .... . "Collar" , that one word Serenade never thought would be connected to her ever again.....The last time a collar was put on her was 4 years ago , and those nightmarish days are not something she wants to be reminded about , thus in the fox's mind , a collar is the sign of a pet , and by putting it on , she would be showing submission to the human's way , which even though wasn't bad by any means , was not something she could bring herself to do , not even for the man that saved her life . But where else could she goes, for one year long she wandered from town to town , none had made her feel this way , and since even that human officer didn't know who she was or what she did, this may be her best bet
"*sigh* nothing can ever be simple can it, at least it's not life or death this time"
"interesting , well I'll consider that , thanks Gage" Serenade said , still with a pleasant smile on her face , the picnic area is already up ahead
"I know some ferals are hesitant to wear collars," Tara chimed in. "It feels so constricting after living your life so free. It's why I made a game out of avoiding the local dog catchers. Guess I'll never play that one again."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Wow, this is amazing," Nancy said as she looked at the craftmanship of the sculpture. "I'm jealous.
"wow," was all Buster managed to say... or would have been if the next words to slip out of his mouth weren't "I love you." He was surprised to hear himself say it. He didn't quite think he was ready, but his subconscious had other plans. His eyes widened and he began to blush.
Janus so wanted to go SQUEEEE!, instead he too blushed and said, "Love you too so much. Mom says that I can...'see' the true nature of those around me, and this is what I saw in you since the first time." He held both the rabbit's paws. "I knew you'd save me. Just as I know that Cage is a great hero at heart. Look!" he went and took a sketchbook. He opened it and showed the steps that had led to the creation of the painting of an armored corgi fighting against a ferocious hydra
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Janus so wanted to go SQUEEEE!, instead he too blushed and said, "Love you too so much. Mom says that I can...'see' the true nature of those around me, and this is what I saw in you since the first time." He held both the rabbit's paws. "I knew you'd save me. Just as I know that Cage is a great hero at heart. Look!" he went and took a sketchbook. He opened it and showed the steps that had led to the creation of the painting of an armored corgi fighting against a ferocious hydra
"These are awesome," Nancy commented. "Have you ever made money off of your work?"
Buster was still lost in his thoughts.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus felt those words stinging, although it was of course unintentional of her.
"Uh, well... I had this 'problem', I-I tended to fall in a sort of self-induced coma every day at sunset, and so I perfectioned my skills for private amusement only, hadn't much else to do." Then he looked at her. "But if you know how to do it, I will accept any suggestion. I'd love to provide for myself and Buster."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

"Well, there's not much to it. You just need to find people willing to pay you for your work," Nancy explained. "Make a portfolio and show it to people you meet, Post some images online, etc."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus tilted his head in the cutest fashion. "And how do I do it? This online thing, I mean."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

valerio wrote:Janus tilted his head in the cutest fashion. "And how do I do it? This online thing, I mean."
Nancy was surprised at this response, but before she could respond, Buster chimed in. "I can show you how. after we're done with our shopping trip."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
valerio

Post by valerio »

Janus nodded eagerly. "Sure, bun-buns! We could start with furniture. Something you'd want in our room here, and after we're done I may come to you and see what we could have for our room there!"
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I know some ferals are hesitant to wear collars," Tara chimed in. "It feels so constricting after living your life so free. It's why I made a game out of avoiding the local dog catchers. Guess I'll never play that one again."
"It's that easy to tell huh" Serenade responded after Tara spoke about the hesitation "and yah I did something similar to your dog catchers-avoiding game , exciting while it lasted , can't say I would do that again though" she let out a chuckle
"I'm guessing you weren't a pet either then?"
Keon

Post by Keon »

serence ice fox wrote:OCC : I think there're no pets at the park at the moment , only a ghost which normal characters can't see . Don't worry about your english , it'll gets better , but try not to break the 4th wall like this
Keon wrote:Then, moved by a strange force in his mind known as the person that is writing this
OOC: Don't worry, will not happen again! And... Does Perception 10 include some kind of "Ghost Alarm" here? Just to know, it is in some kinds of RP, but in others its not.

IC:

Keon was just sitted under a tree, yawning. Too much time, nothing to do. He looked around to see if there was something in the park.

He tought he saw something a little blurry in the park, but then brushed his eyes with the paws and it looked normal again... Weird, but nothing that would make him think too much.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Duke had been lost in though and walking so far when he looked up he realized he was near the edge of the forest, he let out a sigh and rolled his eyes amazed at his own ability to lose himself while walking around. Duke turned around and this time focused on where he was going, deciding maybe a good relaxing walk in the park would help clear his mind, though having wasted a chunk of the morning he slightly jogged keeping a steady pace, easily closing the distance back near the park quickly though as he was unaware he didn't see the small group as he rounded a corner and accidentally ran into the other fox.

OOC: My apologies if placing is off, I wasn't 100% where the Gage group was exactly in comparison to the park just say the word and I can edit this to better fit. :?:
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Miles really hadn't been paying attention to anything but the deal with Rex. So when he thought the new guy had looked at his direction he thought he'd looked at him! Then he had turned away and minded his own business.

I wonder if he saw me?
Miles thought. Oh well, he is new. May as well say hi.

Miles walked over to the tree he was sitting under, climbed a couple branches. Then, ever so subtly, swished his head fur with his tail. And began humming.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

serence ice fox wrote:"It's that easy to tell huh" Serenade responded after Tara spoke about the hesitation "and yah I did something similar to your dog catchers-avoiding game , exciting while it lasted , can't say I would do that again though" she let out a chuckle
"I'm guessing you weren't a pet either then?"
"I was a stray," she explained. "I made friends with the local pets, though. They were always willing to give me a fewq scraps of food if I wasn't able to scavenge any of my own. I miss eating."
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Just as they approached the west edge of town , Serenade heard what her ghost dog friend said
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"I was a stray,I made friends with the local pets, though. They were always willing to give me a few scraps of food if I wasn't able to scavenge any of my own. I miss eating."
"oh!...." Serenade suddenly feel bad for the ghost dog after hearing those words , her ears fell down a bit as the fox realized she might have asked something she shouldn't , remind someone that they're no longer alive might as well be as bad as "so how did you die" in her mind "sorry Tara , I didn't mean to remind you about....well...just...you kno--ACK!" while trying desperately to find something else to say and change the subject, Serenade bumped into something , again ! This time almost lost her balance "come on that's the third time today , what is this some kind of bump-into-random-people day?" the fox thought , getting a bit annoyed from the dullness that exhaustion had brought upon her senses . "I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going , hope you don't mind...mister....fox ?". After a second of disorientation , Serenade realized she ran into a red fox , wearing a collar around his neck and a bandage on his leg.
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

So he didn't go home last night? That's odd. And no need to be afraid of me anymore. Miles thought to Christopher.

Say Mason, where'd you leave Rex at last night? Miles thought to him.
Keon

Post by Keon »

OOC: Is Miles 100% invisible or just half transparent? I saw the character sheed but didn't quite figured out by what was said before.

IC:
xhunterko wrote:Miles really hadn't been paying attention to anything but the deal with Rex. So when he thought the new guy had looked at his direction he thought he'd looked at him! Then he had turned away and minded his own business.

I wonder if he saw me?
Miles thought. Oh well, he is new. May as well say hi.

Miles walked over to the tree he was sitting under, climbed a couple branches. Then, ever so subtly, swished his head fur with his tail. And began humming.
Keon was almost sleeping but then he heard a soft and low humming sound, and then he looked to the branches, finding that strange blurr again. Brushing his own eyes again he tried to focus there, but it could be just his mind. He tried to focus in Miles, don't knowing what was there, but yet, just seeing a blurr, even after brushing the eyes.

"Uh... What is this...?" Keon said to himself with a soft voice.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

OOC: Right now Miles is partially visible so that Keon can see him somewhat. Miles can switch from visible to non-visible at a whim.

IC:

"Just getting you used to the strange," Miles said quietly, "Tell me, how do you feel about ghosts?"
Keon

Post by Keon »

Keon brushed his eyes again, starting to see Miles... Probably his reaction wasn't the best when he listened the ghost's words.

"Ghosts...? Uh... AAAAAAH!!! A GHOST!"

He tried to get up but accidentally hitted the tree's trunk with his head, don't ask me how. He fell in the same position as he was before trying to get up, with a paw on his head where it has been hit. Maybe all his luck wanted him to stay there.

"W-who or what are you?"

He said as he looked at the ghost, a little afraid of what Miles could answer. He never saw a ghost in his life.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I am sorry I scared you," Miles said, becoming fully visible, "I don't usually like to scare people. My name is Miles. And you needn't be afraid of me." He stretched down a paw for a shake.
Keon

Post by Keon »

"Y-you sure? Well... M-my name is Keon..."

He said shyly, a little afraid but still extending his hand to a handshake. By what the stories said, if he held the silver-cross tag in his neck he would make evil spirits go away... Thats the problem of reading too much fiction. He was holding it with the other hand as he tought "It should work... If he is evil...".
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Honestly, I'm not gonna hurt you," Miles said, noticing his nervousness and shaking his hand, "You know you smell like ice cream right?"
Keon

Post by Keon »

"M-my dad baths me once a week and this makes me smell like this... I kinda like it..."

He looked at the ghost, still a lot nervous, not as much as before, but at least now he could talk. After his hand being shaken, he gets up, curious about Mile's, since he never saw a ghost for real, and the stories he always thinked they were fake...

"Uh... S-so... How is being a ghost? Sorry, I don't know if you like talking about that... Was I too rude asking that? I-I'm sorry..."

He talked fastly, he really didn't knew how to talk to other pets. Even if they were dead. It was obvious that english was not his main language, he have a little weird accent while talking. Looked like he were from a latin country.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Really it's not all it's cracked up to be," Miles said, coming down from the tree and sitting next to him.

"I mean, I'm just now learning some ghost tricks, but well, normal things don't apply to ghosts," Miles said, "But otherwise, you just, sort of wander around. Maybe scare people. So, you new in town?"
Keon

Post by Keon »

"Y-yeah... Just moved. Dad was invited to work in the apple farm by a friend..."

He looked at the ghost, finding weird to be talking with one.

"Uh... Would be strange or impolite if I ask you how you died?"

He was curious, he was just thinking and then he just said this... Stupid low charisma!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

serence ice fox wrote:"I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going , hope you don't mind...mister....fox ?". After a second of disorientation , Serenade realized she ran into a red fox , with a bandage on his leg.

(OCC : I think Duke still has his collar.....does he ?)
"Good morning, Duke," Tara said, back to her normal not sad self.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Heh, not at all, in truth, it was fairly grisly. But since you asked, I think you think you can handle it," Miles said, "I know this'll sound cliche'. But, it was a dark and stormy, day really. My mom was driving me to the vet to check up on my cough to see how bad it was. Well, slick roads plus brakes plus tree limb, and there you go. My mom survived though, glad she did. That's the short version anyways." Miles was looking away then, out towards the road.
Keon

Post by Keon »

"Oh... I'm sorry about that..."

He looked down for some seconds. Then he yawned, stretching his arms.

"Yaawwnnn... Didn't got breakfast today. I'm so hungry..."

As he said that an apple fell from the tree in his extended hand, in the middle of the stretching.

"Oh... That was at least... Weird... And fast... W-want it?"

He offered to Miles, forgeting that he was a ghost for a moment.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

xhunterko wrote:So he didn't go home last night? That's odd. And no need to be afraid of me anymore. Miles thought to Christopher.

Say Mason, where'd you leave Rex at last night? Miles thought to him.

I left him right at the edge of the forest not far from where the park is. Mason replied to Miles. Maybe he went wondering and now he's lost? He said out loud then.
Yes, I am a furry.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

OOC: Serence you would be correct, he still has his collar but with no actual writing.

Duke wasn't expecting to run into someone especially within such close proximity to the peaceful park and for a second he thought he'd ran into a human, his body tensing with the thought of animal control rushing in but as he ran into the fox and spun back trying not to land on his face and instead landed on his rear he looked up and was honestly awestruck, maybe slightly paralyzed. He hadn't seen another fox that wasn't trying to hurt him since his parents and even then it was hard to remember but right now in front of him with a slightly annoyed look was a friendly fox.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:"Good morning, Duke," Tara said, back to her normal not sad self.
As Duke got up still feeling a numbness and tinge of pain in his leg he got it over with and as Tara greeted him he shook himself from his daze and awestruck.
"Morning Tara"
serence ice fox wrote:"I'm sorry I wasn't looking where I was going , hope you don't mind...mister....fox ?". After a second of disorientation , Serenade realized she ran into a red fox , with a bandage on his leg.
Duke smiled and looked back at the other fox, again feeling dumbstruck but also he felt slightly guilty over running into her

"It's alright, I should've been paying attention myself heh.......The name's Duke."
Keon

Post by Keon »

OOC: Will travel for 3 days, just to say. Thats why I'm making my character go home, so I will not disturb with a time-stopped character.

IC:

"Oh, I need to go home now. W-was nice to meet you... Mike right? Oh, I got to go!"

He said to the ghost as he started to fastly walk to his home, almost running. He wanted to stay longer but he couldn't by some reasons.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

OOC: Don't forget to post that in the Main thread.

IC:

"Nice meeting you as well!" Miles said, waving.

So he was here still. Hm, that matches the tracking I'm picking up. What do you think Hubert? Miles thought to both Mason and Hubert.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

xhunterko wrote:So he didn't go home last night? That's odd. And no need to be afraid of me anymore. Miles thought to Christopher.
"I'll... still call you scary for a while..." Christopher thought to Miles
musclecar326 wrote:I left him right at the edge of the forest not far from where the park is. Mason replied to Miles. Maybe he went wondering and now he's lost? He said out loud then.
"Lost? He?" Chris replied "I won't believe 'till I see it."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

WOODGATE and nothing else. Just that ornate and fluent word chiseled in the wooden panel hanging from a wrought-iron staff over the iron-and-wood door.
Janus recognized the place as a furniture shop thanks to his nose only. He turned to his Mom, perplexed. "Are you sure this is the right place to buy stuff for our rooms?"
"Far as the city maps says, yes. These guys make a good use of the wood coming from the apple groves, so that nothing is wasted. And I will not have my boys spending their time in IKEA rooms."