Help Create Fino: Post your Fino Drawings/Designs!

Now with new GALLERY

Moderators: Hagus, SeanWolf

FritzyBeat

Help Create Fino: Post your Fino Drawings/Designs!

Post by FritzyBeat »

Not long ago, a big joke started up about a Housepets character by the name of Fino.
This was obviously originally just a misspelling of Fido, but it has since grown into its own existence within the Housepets community. So, I have taken it upon myself to create a design for the greatest housepet of all:
Fino.

But I can't do this all by myself, this is the whole forum's creation, not just mine. So, its up to you guys to come up with Fino's characteristics here on this thread topic (fur colour(s), personality, character traits, etc...). I'm going to look closely at those ideas and try to draw up a design for Fino by what you guys decide. It may take a few tries, but by the end of It, I hope we will have the most officially unofficial design for the most beloved Housepets character of all, Fino.

In case any of you are a little confused at this point, heres an example of a forum-made character.
It wasn't long ago that I did the same thing on a Sonic the Hedgehog forum, where we all tossed around a bunch of ideas, used our creative randomness, and resulted in Rainbow Barf the Hedgehog:
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/391/ra ... icture.png
And while I doubt our own Fino will come out quite so random, I'm sure we'll be able to come up with something that takes "Awesome" to a whole new level!

So, Start firing ideas away! (And be sure to discuss them here as much as possible, just coming up with contradicting ideas isn't going to get us anywhere, talking about it is what makes the character come alive.)

Here is what we've figured so far:
valerio wrote:Fino = best brother ever
copper wrote:The Doombringers sing songs of his conquests, all nations have a name for him, and there are secret societies who wish to serve his mysterious self..... he will bring about a cataclysm... :shock:
GameCobra wrote:Fino for president.
TheMobian wrote:
Obbl wrote:
ShadowLightning wrote:King, Fox, Peanut, Tarot and Karishad. Definitely Karishad.
ShadowLightning wrote:Definitely Karishad.
ShadowLightning wrote:Karishad
:shock:
You invite your own doom...
Nonono, you've got it all wrong.
Karishad could only ever bring about a moderate doom. After all, we all know that if you REALLY wanted to invite your own doom upon yourself, you'd live with Fino. Why? Because he's Fino, thats why.
And he will not only stop at your doom, no of course not, Fino will bring about the doom of the entire forum, of the entire Housepets comic, of the entire fandom itself!! No one can stand agains the impending doom that is Fino!! NO ONE!!!!
NOOOOOO OOOOONNNNNEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!
Sleet wrote:Fino cannot be defeated.
Nyaliva wrote:From what it sounds like, he's either enough trouble for three pets or worth three companions. Or maybe he's a social outcast who doesn't let it bother him because he has trans-dimensional powers and so three versions of him can exist at any one time. Then Rick could draw him in the background at random moments in the comic including when Tarot goes to the spirit realm(s).
Also, apparently Fino can perform Inception. :shock:
Last edited by FritzyBeat on Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Silly Zealot

Re: Help Create Fino!

Post by Silly Zealot »

He can pass through walls and eat dark chocolate without getting an allergy.
His siblings ride a car to work. He grabs the car himself runs with it for excersising.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Bino loves Fino!
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

While Bino is terrifyed by Fino?
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Bino would do anything for Fino. And smile in the process.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

The Cosmic Nerds created him when Pete spilled the Soda of Inevitable Doom on one of his character sheets. Since the paper is immortal, the Nerds had no choice but to place him at a random location in the world, and the only thing keeping him from destroying the universe is the giant Sega Saturn on top of Mt. Fuji.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Fino's litter is treated as store of value at the stock market, worldwide!
Mickey the Luxray

In west Philadelphia, born and raised...

Fino blew up 15 microwaves.

With a pebble.

DOOOOOOM FOR ALL ETERNITY
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

Silly Zealot wrote:He can pass through walls and eat dark chocolate without getting an allergy.
His siblings ride a car to work. He grabs the car himself runs with it for excersising.
He is, the most interesting dog in the world.

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Fino is scary indeed. Every part of him is both alluring, and terrifying. His deep amber fur, spotted with the silkiest of of rich chocolate patches, his low timbre of voice, able to calm the very wind with it's magnificence. He wears a mask of forced neutrality, only his light, watery blue eyes, like two glaciers, betray any emotions. At peace, they seem normal, average, but grow more menacing as he becomes enraged. He could easily be the most popular pet in the neighborhood, but Fino doesn't like easy. No, he sits in the background, playing his brothers against themselves, bolstering them up, while he remains hidden, unseen. Not many pets know of his existence, just how he wants it. He put Fido in charge, feeds Bino's delusions, made Joey into what he is, just so he has a back up for leadership if things go awry.

It s when he is angered that he is something to be feared. He only whispers one warning to you, and when he does, it is best to run. His fur stands on end, his hackles raised, his voice rises until it crackles like thunder, his eyes grow darker, as if a cloud passes over them, flashing every now and then like lightning, his whole demeanor, his whole body is like a tempest, taking one in it's grip and tearing the ego to shreds without ever laying a hand on you.

.........Or he looks like fido with triangular shades? I dunno.... :?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Mickey the Luxray

copper wrote:It is when he is angered that he is something to be feared. He only whispers one warning to you, and when he does, it is best to run. His fur stands on end, his hackles raised, his voice rises until it crackles like thunder, his eyes grow darker, as if a cloud passes over them, flashing every now and then like lightning, his whole demeanor, his whole body is like a tempest, taking one in it's grip and tearing the ego to shreds without ever laying a hand on you.

This

I like this.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Fino's pet is Chuck Norris.
because you KNEW it'd come to this.
Mickey the Luxray

If Fino's pet is Chuck Norris, that means that obviously Segata Sanshiro is Fino's owner.

Of course, the two oft have domination battles, usually ending in the destruction of some random building in Montenegro.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Based on these comments fino is eather god or satan
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:If Fino's pet is Chuck Norris, that means that obviously Segata Sanshiro is Fino's owner.

Of course, the two oft have domination battles, usually ending in the destruction of some random building in Montenegro.
Oh, please! That guy was Fino's first victim!
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

Mickey the Luxray

There must be a limit to Fino's doom-bringing capability. And making people explode twice? I think that's a bit too much.
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

I personally like Copper's description. Has a touch of reality to it. Also very descriptive. :D
My characters
Mickey the Luxray

Oh you, self-promoting under the guise that noone will realize that you're the same person because who seriously looks at the name?

Oh, wait, I do

FOILED
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Oh you, self-promoting under the guise that noone will realize that you're the same person because who seriously looks at the name?

Oh, wait, I do

FOILED
Who do what where?

I only mentioned that stunningly handsome mod copper and his wonderful creativity.... :|
My characters
Duster

Post by Duster »

Perhaps Fino is the most intimidating dog in the neighborhood or he's just a nice fella who just wants to leave well enough alone?
Those that know of him both respect AND fear the name Fino!
It is not wise to annoy him as he possesses both the strength and command of Fido, and the tenacity and spite of Bino when angered!
Fino is an enigma, cloaked in mystery and wrapped in a snugly blanket of secrecy.

I'd imagine him as being taller than Bino or Joey, perhaps even a little broader than fido (since he's not the runt of the litter (probably?)).

So far, I like how Copper describes him best!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Mickey the Luxray

Alright, joking aside, this is what I think Fino should be.

Some liken him to those of urban legend. Tall and dark-furred, he creeps the shadows, manipulating the events around him through his mere presence. He is the product of a space-time contortion, one that the Cosmic Nerds could not control. Noone knows why he does what he does, but he knows why you do what you do. Dare to depict him in a picture, and he'll live. He will come. And he will have his fun with you. You will like his games. Or you will not like anything anymore.
Those who actively seek him out are found in gruesome contortions hours later. Those who completely ignore him go mad through his influence. He is always there. Always watching. Always at play.
Fino has a city in the afterlife named after him. It is widely considered a rite of passage for the adrenaline junkies of the deadlands. Sometimes he comes to visit. The afterlife trembles in fear at the horn sounding his arrival. Those who don't know disappear. Those who know all too well face the ultimate terror.
Pete knows about Fino. He never talks of him. He never thinks of him. But he knows.

He will know.

For Pete is Fino, is Pete.
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

How about Fino puts on a 'cute new puppy' act, but is secretly an agent for another neighborhood. Trying to see their weak spots and where their main water supply is, so when Water War 2 strikes out they'll know where to cut them off. :twisted:

Plus it'll keep the PG rating so Fino could actually be in the comic someday.
Last edited by Kateleo007 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mickey the Luxray

Mmmmn, too innocent. A harbringer of ultimate doom like Fino should play a darker and greater role than that.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I imagine bino being like an ubercool Zonker. :lol: And everyone loves him! :D
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

valerio wrote:I imagine bino being like an ubercool Zonker. :lol: And everyone loves him! :D
I LIKE IT! He'd be like a Fido mini-me!

Mickey the Luxray

Kateleo007 wrote:Plus it'll keep the PG rating so Fino could actually be in the comic someday.
Boi, if you could see the kind of stuff that worms its way into PG-rated movies today then my Fino is sunshine and rainbows.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

copper wrote:Fino is scary indeed. Every part of him is both alluring, and terrifying. His deep amber fur, spotted with the silkiest of of rich chocolate patches, his low timbre of voice, able to calm the very wind with it's magnificence. He wears a mask of forced neutrality, only his light, watery blue eyes, like two glaciers, betray any emotions. At peace, they seem normal, average, but grow more menacing as he becomes enraged. He could easily be the most popular pet in the neighborhood, but Fino doesn't like easy. No, he sits in the background, playing his brothers against themselves, bolstering them up, while he remains hidden, unseen. Not many pets know of his existence, just how he wants it. He put Fido in charge, feeds Bino's delusions, made Joey into what he is, just so he has a back up for leadership if things go awry.

It s when he is angered that he is something to be feared. He only whispers one warning to you, and when he does, it is best to run. His fur stands on end, his hackles raised, his voice rises until it crackles like thunder, his eyes grow darker, as if a cloud passes over them, flashing every now and then like lightning, his whole demeanor, his whole body is like a tempest, taking one in it's grip and tearing the ego to shreds without ever laying a hand on you.
This description seems... very familiar...

>.>

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Mickey the Luxray

Maybe it was posted somewhere else?
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Fino eats Heffulumps for breakfast....
Mickey the Luxray

Please, enlighten me on the subject. I have literally no idea what a Heffelump is.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

....you never watched any Winnie the Pooh cartoons?

I mean the ones that took place when I was a toddler....

uhh... A Heffalump is a type of fictional elephant in the Winnie the Pooh stories by A. A. Milne. Heffalumps are mentioned, but never appear, in Winnie-the-Pooh(1926) and The House at Pooh Corner (1928) and later featured in the animated The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (1988–1991) and Pooh's Heffalump Movie (2005). Physically, they resemble elephants; Shepard's illustration shows an Indian Elephant.

Ohh... Lumpy...I miss you.. :cry:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Fino lives on photosynthesis -and he gets an awesome tanning in the process!
ToaSoul

Post by ToaSoul »

Fino is the GREATEST NINJA EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't think of anything to put here…. um… moo?
Kateleo007

Post by Kateleo007 »

copper wrote:At peace, they seem normal, average, but grow more menacing as he becomes enraged. He could easily be the most popular pet in the neighborhood, but Fino doesn't like easy. No, he sits in the background, playing his brothers against themselves, bolstering them up, while he remains hidden, unseen. Not many pets know of his existence, just how he wants it. He put Fido in charge, feeds Bino's delusions, made Joey into what he is, just so he has a back up for leadership if things go awry.

I don't really like the idea of Fino being evil. I'd prefer to think that he's about Miles' cubs' age, and his role model is Kari.

Tiger

Post by Tiger »

Hi! I was thinking Fino could be a dog, a bit like peanut (apperance) But like bino (personality)

Look at the dog, not Grape ^^

Oliver!
[url]file:///media/archive/tweenui_wowr131c8e.zip/index.html[/url]
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Kateleo007 wrote:
copper wrote:At peace, they seem normal, average, but grow more menacing as he becomes enraged. He could easily be the most popular pet in the neighborhood, but Fino doesn't like easy. No, he sits in the background, playing his brothers against themselves, bolstering them up, while he remains hidden, unseen. Not many pets know of his existence, just how he wants it. He put Fido in charge, feeds Bino's delusions, made Joey into what he is, just so he has a back up for leadership if things go awry.

I don't really like the idea of Fino being evil. I'd prefer to think that he's about Miles' cubs' age, and his role model is Kari.

I don't believe I ever said he was evil, just cold, heartless, manipulative, and should never be angered..... wait..... :o
My characters
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Fino is a cop.

But not just any cop.

He has a special jail cell marked so that anyone that spends the night in there... He knows where you live when you leave.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

Some people deletes spam, Fino deletes the spamer.
Eclipses? More like Fino having blinking contests with the sun AND WINNING!
Santa Claus WAS real, until he putted Fino on the naughty list.
The moon doesn't disappear on a monthly cicle because the sunlight can't reach it, it's Fino eating in parts, the making a new one!
Vampires burn at the touch of sunlight.... because that's when Fino stares at them!
You know why Slender Man is so slender? Fino forced him to work out!
Jesus Christ was born on the third millennia B.F. (before Fino).
Cerberus wanted to date Fino, but he wouldn't settle for someone with less than four heads!
Fino invented the time-machine. By the way, did I ever tell you how the dinosaurs went extinct?

Mickey the Luxray

In Soviet Russia, Fino can't hurt air.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

So far, it seems to me that all we're making Fino out to be right now is the greatest noodle incident of all time. :P

Alright guys, we get what Fino is LIKE. Its what he LOOKS like that I'm trying to determine at the moment. I like the idea of the deep amber fur, and considering he is (supposedly) related to Fido, Bino, and Joey, I think he should probably have some of the same features. Like if Joey and Fido both have spots over one eye, and Bino has none, maybe Fino has spots over BOTH eyes?

I'm also gonna try and make his design as mellow as possible, that way he can be drawn as being pretty much whatever he wants to be =P Whether he's fighting killer whales off the coast of Mt. Everest, or running for president against his pet owner, or giving puppy dog eyes that could melt a moose; I wan't Fino's design to allow him to be EVERYTHING =P

Which brings up another question...
What should the insignia on Fino's Collar be? :shock:
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.