Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ChewyChewy

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by ChewyChewy »

Beagle wrote:I really just need to vent: I am so freaking stressed out right now it isn't even funny. It's nearing towards the end of senior year, and for those of you who have been through it yourselves, there is so much to do all at one time! I have five weeks left in my three college classes, and with that comes two papers in English (50% of my grade), six psychology assignments, and history reading/classroom forum posts, biweekly reading quizzes, and a final worth 25% of my final grade. And the teachers that I really, really need to help me, because they're basically the only people that can/will help me, are too busy with the other 60+ students they have throughout the day.

Not to mention next week, the week before spring break, is the end of the grading period for my high school classes. The last time I checked my Calculus BC grade, it was a 95%. That was before I made a 60 on last week's quiz. The test this Tuesday will replace the grade if I make higher on it, but freaking sequences and series in Calculus BC are murder, and we've barely worked with the material plus she's throwing in stuff we haven't seen before. I would really like to finish this grading period with a 92.5% so my final GPA will reflect an 'A' in the course.

Not to mention the AP exam is coming up in a month and a half, and I'm going to have to start cracking the whip and studying so I'll pass it, making time between all my other commitments. Because 60% of the AP exam is material from a year ago in AB Calculus, that sounds like the best idea ever! :x

Hey, at least I have spring break to look forward to, right? Nope! So next week, I have an English paper due, a Psychology paper, a Psychology quiz, reading material and three forum posts and a reading quiz in Western Civilization, plus that Calculus test, then on Friday, my parents are dragging me to spend five days in Tennessee with my oh-so-lovely family. And when I say that they live even further in the boondocks than I do, I mean that my dad is going to have to drive me 45 minutes to a McDonald's one day just so I can work on my online classes, because there is no such thing as "internet" where I'm going. And since I was basically forced into taking five days off, three of those days that I always work, my job is probably going to schedule me for almost every night before I leave, leaving me to deal with this massive workload from school in a lot of late nights, and probably every single day when I get back from Tennessee. Hey look, it's my spring break! Aaaaaand... it's gone. Before it even starts.

My sleeping patterns have been crap lately too, not being able to fall asleep before midnight when I have to be up at 6 AM the next day, and every single freaking time I manage to fall asleep in a nap in the afternoon, my dad comes in my room, screaming for me to wake up. My parents are pushing me beyond my breaking point, depriving me of time dedicated to sleep, work, and study, and I am going to explode by the end of these next two weeks. I also expect to get no sleep during my "break" with a screaming toddler in the house.

I also have scholarships I need to fill out (I'm trying my best to not even have to take out the yearly $2,500 low-interest loan at State) that are due right when we come back from break.

Speaking of money, with all this time I'm having to request off of work from forced "vacations" and things I need to do that are a natural part of senior year, it makes me mad that my parents are pushing me to request off even more time for this "vacation" when they certainly aren't willing to supplement the resulting loss of my income by paying for my prom ticket, dinner money for prom, lunch money for the field trip, or any of the trips I'm planning.

Prom, prom, prom. 'Tis the season to worry about haircuts and spending far too long with friends deciding where to go for dinner and whose car to drive and whatnot.

And then we have my college to-do check list, like getting my medical records up-to-date and submitted, plus orientation registering, finding a potential roommate, etc.

It also bothers me that for the past three weeks, every time I've been off of work, the four friends I actually have left in this area are busy with band, musical, or youth group. I just need somewhere to stay at other than going home to my house when I'm not at work or school. I just want to go out on a Saturday night and be a freaking teenager while I've still got the chance. I'm also having issues with one friend in particular, and I really wish we wouldn't be playing a game of cat and mouse, instead just talking it out and letting me have one less thing to worry about, but I'm at my freaking wits' end with it. That one actually might have to wait a while until I'm done doing a pirouette off the freaking handle with stress and anxiety.

I am going to end up freaking sick again or making my insomnia even worse. Huuuuurgh.

Actually now if I seem offline more than usual, you guys now know why. Just someone do me a favor and check up on me and make sure I haven't killed anyone yet, okay?

Bleh.
I'll...check the police records, I guess.... :?

Seriously, so sorry about all that! :( I hope things get better for you.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Wow Beagle. I feel bad for having enough spare time that I'm trying to learn the guitar.

I hope things end up getting easier for you before you have a meltdown. I'd really hate to see you go to jail for killing someone over all of this.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Beagle wrote:I really just need to vent: I am so freaking stressed out right now it isn't even funny. It's nearing towards the end of senior year, and for those of you who have been through it yourselves, there is so much to do all at one time! I have five weeks left in my three college classes, and with that comes two papers in English (50% of my grade), six psychology assignments, and history reading/classroom forum posts, biweekly reading quizzes, and a final worth 25% of my final grade. And the teachers that I really, really need to help me, because they're basically the only people that can/will help me, are too busy with the other 60+ students they have throughout the day.

Not to mention next week, the week before spring break, is the end of the grading period for my high school classes. The last time I checked my Calculus BC grade, it was a 95%. That was before I made a 60 on last week's quiz. The test this Tuesday will replace the grade if I make higher on it, but freaking sequences and series in Calculus BC are murder, and we've barely worked with the material plus she's throwing in stuff we haven't seen before. I would really like to finish this grading period with a 92.5% so my final GPA will reflect an 'A' in the course.

Not to mention the AP exam is coming up in a month and a half, and I'm going to have to start cracking the whip and studying so I'll pass it, making time between all my other commitments. Because 60% of the AP exam is material from a year ago in AB Calculus, that sounds like the best idea ever! :x

Hey, at least I have spring break to look forward to, right? Nope! So next week, I have an English paper due, a Psychology paper, a Psychology quiz, reading material and three forum posts and a reading quiz in Western Civilization, plus that Calculus test, then on Friday, my parents are dragging me to spend five days in Tennessee with my oh-so-lovely family. And when I say that they live even further in the boondocks than I do, I mean that my dad is going to have to drive me 45 minutes to a McDonald's one day just so I can work on my online classes, because there is no such thing as "internet" where I'm going. And since I was basically forced into taking five days off, three of those days that I always work, my job is probably going to schedule me for almost every night before I leave, leaving me to deal with this massive workload from school in a lot of late nights, and probably every single day when I get back from Tennessee. Hey look, it's my spring break! Aaaaaand... it's gone. Before it even starts.

My sleeping patterns have been crap lately too, not being able to fall asleep before midnight when I have to be up at 6 AM the next day, and every single freaking time I manage to fall asleep in a nap in the afternoon, my dad comes in my room, screaming for me to wake up. My parents are pushing me beyond my breaking point, depriving me of time dedicated to sleep, work, and study, and I am going to explode by the end of these next two weeks. I also expect to get no sleep during my "break" with a screaming toddler in the house.

I also have scholarships I need to fill out (I'm trying my best to not even have to take out the yearly $2,500 low-interest loan at State) that are due right when we come back from break.

Speaking of money, with all this time I'm having to request off of work from forced "vacations" and things I need to do that are a natural part of senior year, it makes me mad that my parents are pushing me to request off even more time for this "vacation" when they certainly aren't willing to supplement the resulting loss of my income by paying for my prom ticket, dinner money for prom, lunch money for the field trip, or any of the trips I'm planning.

Prom, prom, prom. 'Tis the season to worry about haircuts and spending far too long with friends deciding where to go for dinner and whose car to drive and whatnot.

And then we have my college to-do check list, like getting my medical records up-to-date and submitted, plus orientation registering, finding a potential roommate, etc.

It also bothers me that for the past three weeks, every time I've been off of work, the four friends I actually have left in this area are busy with band, musical, or youth group. I just need somewhere to stay at other than going home to my house when I'm not at work or school. I just want to go out on a Saturday night and be a freaking teenager while I've still got the chance. I'm also having issues with one friend in particular, and I really wish we wouldn't be playing a game of cat and mouse, instead just talking it out and letting me have one less thing to worry about, but I'm at my freaking wits' end with it. That one actually might have to wait a while until I'm done doing a pirouette off the freaking handle with stress and anxiety.

I am going to end up freaking sick again or making my insomnia even worse. Huuuuurgh.

Actually now if I seem offline more than usual, you guys now know why. Just someone do me a favor and check up on me and make sure I haven't killed anyone yet, okay?

Bleh.

I am sorry that things are crashing down on you at once. I would suggest relaxation, but I don't think it would fit in with your schedule.

If you need help with your history class I would be glad to help. I helped Cm4F on one of his history assignments once. I think I could be of some use.

Joy: Tomorrow, I will be gin my journey to Charlotte to attend Mad Monster Party 2013! This is my second such convention experience and I plan to get so many autographs! I have never been to any furry conventions that everyone here talks about. But I suppose the excitement and the sense of belonging is there for a horror freak like me that the furries experience. They are my people after all.
"Safety. Obscurity. Just another freak in the freak kingdom."
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It'll all be over with time, Beagle. You just gotta work to get through this all. *hugs you* And I'm here if you ever need a warm, fluffy shoulder.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Sorrow: I just saw Tron: Legacy for the first time. Despite being prepared for what was gonna happen, I'm still somewhat bummed.... :(.

Joy: A good friend just got a job!!!!! :D :D :D
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

[deleted]
Last edited by Beagle on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well Beagle, I'm glad to hear you have at least worked out your schedule. At the very least you have good friends who are helping you and can help you should other things come up.

Stay strong. Someone as smart as you should have nothing to worry about.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

[deleted]
Last edited by Beagle on Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: My cat is playing with my hoodie strings and being adorable :D
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Beagle wrote:Sorrow: I really feel ten years older than I physically am after being through all the crap I've dealt with my senior year.
I know that exact feeling. I felt like that the entire time in middle school. I had to put up with so much bullying and teasing on a daily basis that I had to literally mature to the point that I had no personality. I just stood quietly in the corner and hoped everyone would leave me alone.

In fact, it wasn't really until this year that I totally broke down that barrier I had built up 4 years ago.

But you want to talk about happy, so let's talk about happy.
Joy: I just got a new mouse and I love it. There wasn't really anything wrong with my old one, but it came with my laptop and was just wearing out. Plus it ate through batteries. It needed two AAA batteries every 3 months or so, while my new mouse advertises a single AA battery every 16-18 months. Even if it needs one every 8 months, that's still better.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I hope things work out with your parents, Beagle.

Joy: Candycorn is starting to climb on my back at the end of the stairs! :D

...Sorrow: Oh, crap! He's climbing on my back at the end of the stairs! D:

It's cute and painful at the same time!
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: my professor called-off class tomorrow. So until my 6pm class I don't have anything to get up for. Finally gonna catch up on that sleep stuff the kids all talk about.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

No Seth, don't!

This "sleeping" thing may sound nice, but don't fall for it! Once you sleep, your body becomes addicted to it quite quickly.
In extreme cases, some people get to the point that they need 8 hours of it a day to function like a normal human being.

Don't let yourself succumb to the temptations, you're better off without needing it!
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: Mad Monster Party was awesome! Me and my friend Will caught up and had a good time. I got a lot of autographs and some great souvenirs. We visited some friends that live in Charlotte and I got attacked by Lou the corgi again. I had a really good time.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: WARNING WALKING DEAD SPOILER
Merle died and turned into a walker. Daryl had to put him down.
Joy:
Glen proposed to Magie.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: My sister is home from her trip!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: I don't have class until 4 on thursday because one of my professors is out of town to give a talk.
Joy: My professor in my philosophy class keeps complimenting me after class and seems to think I'm smart (his mistake but I'll take it) which is good because I might need the benefit of the doubt to 3.5 his class (which is kinda my goal for every class)
Joy: I dunno man life's just good...
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Sorrow: I have three days to complete a quarter's worth of work in three classes.

I'm a lazy idiot. I would starve fifteen days after leaving my parents' house.

Sorrow: i may or may not be clinically depressed. I was supposed to get the results a long time ago.
Sorrow: I also speculate that I may be masochistic, or I might have Stockholm Syndrome for my own bullying. I like beating down on myself now...
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I can relate! *offers a hug*

If you need to chat, my contact info's in my profile.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow: Yeah, the manager never fixed my availability schedule at work. He scheduled me from 6:00 to 11:30 on a school night tonight. And I won't be home until 12:10 AM. We are going to have a conversation next week when I get back from Tennessee.

Joy: Luckily though, tomorrow is the last day before spring break so I'm just going to grit my teeth for tonight and call it done. I'm just going to skip school tomorrow. There's really no point in going since we're about to go on break. I can catch up in Calculus next Tuesday, I'm just going to take a day to get some sleep, go to the post office, pack for going out of state on Friday, and generally get errands done before work tomorrow night. Also I'm just kind of sick of everyone at school and I want to start my vacation a little early. ;)
Mickey the Luxray

Joy: I found out that grades aren't due until next Tuesday, so that gives me a lot more time to complete as much as I can.
Joy: I found that my math teacher has every worksheet on our LMS page. Which means that lost worksheets aren't a problem.
Sorrow: Papers tend to get destroyed if they sit in my backpack too long. My LA/SS teacher has refused to give me extra copies of any papers that may have ended in that fate. No matter HOW important they were. So basically, there might be no plausible way to fix my LA/SS grade.
Sorrow: Since the printer decided it wanted to break a few months ago, I'm left without a way to attach the lost worksheets to my packets, which is a requirement for math packets. I'd have to print them all out on my dad's inkjet, which might cost a lot of money...
Sorrow: One of my good friends is leaving to Oregon for good today. I need some way to keep in touch with him.
Sorrow: There's this one kid I have to sit across from in Math, and he's a total jerk, continually mocking me and repeating annnoying sounds intentionally. I want to punch him, but then I'd get suspended.
kai_todo

Post by kai_todo »

Sorrow: Have been trying to get over someone for past few months already. I thought I have passed the stage but apparently, I am wrong. When I see that person's name person popped up just now, my heart was beating fast. I couldn't catch my breath. Have been trying to keep myself occupied all these while so that I won't be thinking of that person constantly but only get to realise that that person become a part of me that I can't let go.

This feeling is so torturing. :(

I'm a loaf of bread with no raisins. Feel like crying all of the sudden.

Mod Edit: Please do not double post. If you need to add new information to a thread and yours is the most recent comment, you may use the edit button in its upper-right corner.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

my life... it's over...

edit: calmed down, though the reality still hurts. almost literally gave my mum a stroke and high blood pressure to myself in the process of calming down though...
Last edited by kurowolfe on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Kuro, hang on. Wait for my PM. Please hang on........... :( :( :(
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*hugs all of you* Things will be okay. You'll get over this. I promise.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Chin up guys, it's never as bad as you think.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Heart shattering: Keely locked me in vault 22! She wont let me out until I ignite the gas and...and I FORGOT I NEEDED EXPLOSIVES/LASERS FOR THIS QUEST! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LET ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should have checked the walkthrough but I thought I could do it without looking for once but I forgot she did that and...*cries* A solid 50 hours of gameplay down the drain AND I was doing it on hardcore mode and hard difficulty. I spent 10 minutes searching for this stupid unique laser rifle in that vault only to find the ammo scattered around it wasn't even the type it used! WHO THE HECK THOUGHT THAT WAS A CLEVER IDEA? All that work and I am stuck forever *cries*. Why would anyone make a game that puts traps like that in? What kind of genius takes pleasure in ruining a game for people?
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Sorrow: Just called my church choir director who, due to illness, hasn't been able to conduct us for a few seasons now. I haven't talked to her directly for a few months, either. Called her to thank her for the birthday card she sent me for yesterday, and she sounded very weak. She keeps saying she hopes to return in the fall, but a lot of us just don't believe that she's got enough strength to do so. Talking to her... just kinda made that fact sink in a little deeper.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Nervous: Tomorrow I need to meet my lecturers and some other personnel to discuss my future within the university. Ultimately, it's my fault for skipping the classes for so long, but I'm still in limbo over my own mental health, after being free from abuse. I hope it goes well, and they will consider my case, though I've been pushing the limit several times now.

Nervous: My mum is facing a similar case tomorrow, which involves a case where she might be declared guilty of corruption unfairly, though it was not her fault. She's going to defend herself. She'll be alright though; she's weak but resilient, and won't go down without a fight.... hopefully.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Oblivious Adobo

Post by Oblivious Adobo »

Joy: I finally got my hdmi splitter.
I'm like a ninja; only loud and annoying.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: Long story, but end result is weight off my shoulder
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Obbl wrote:Joy: Long story, but end result is weight off my shoulder
My thoughts exactly.

Supreme Joy (even if I can't quite fully feel it): I just got baptized. :D
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Alleluia! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Congratulations, Phoenix, my brother in Christ!
PF chars

--Phoenix

Duster

Post by Duster »

PhoenixAsper wrote:
Obbl wrote:Joy: Long story, but end result is weight off my shoulder
My thoughts exactly.

Supreme Joy (even if I can't quite fully feel it): I just got baptized. :D
Congratulations Man!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Got a 3.6 on my first paper and I get a re-write. I think now that I'm not trying to cram it into midterms week I have a good chance to get a 4 point or at least get darn close.
Joy: It's for a class taught by the proffessor running my study abroad in London. I'm glad I'm making a good impression.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

I am currently really joyful because I am currently not really sorrowful.
cause thats a thing right? :P
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I might be getting a job at a drug research company after all! That'd be a great way to spend my time waiting for medical school.
lasthunter

Post by lasthunter »

sorrow.

it seems i now need to take vitamins for a few weeks or ill start passing out...doc said my body has been deprive of most of the essential vitamins....and the fact im a teen in the middle of his growth spurt doesn't help matters at all....
i am the one who shall fight the mods, i am the one who shall find the loop holes and hidden ways, i am the one who shall lead with the flag, i am part of the rebellion, and i am its weapon.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

lasthunter wrote:sorrow.

it seems i now need to take vitamins for a few weeks or ill start passing out...doc said my body has been deprive of most of the essential vitamins....and the fact im a teen in the middle of his growth spurt doesn't help matters at all....
Oh my God! :shock:

So sorry to hear that! :( You're in my prayers. Stay healthy, okay?
PF chars

--Phoenix

Mickey the Luxray

Joy: I managed to complete around 20-26 math assignments over the course of a night.
Sorrow: I had to spend my Easter inside, working on my LA.
Sorrow: Habits die hard. My mom is utterly peeved that I still don't use my time properly after doing all that work and hating every second of doing it with every fibre of my being. Whether she's angry because of that or the fact that I got another late assignment, I don't know...
Sorrow: The Internet has become one of the last things that makes me happy when I'm faced with an increasingly bleak future. And sometimes it doesn't let me do that either.
Joy: The Internet lets me escape the world.