HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

valerio

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by valerio »

Valiant, Belisarius and Rikki climbed down. The wolfdog nodded at the sight of the slits. "See how they lay in two different levels? Let's insert the swords: Bel, I'll help you. Lance, help Borues. hurry, guys!"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance and grabbed the sword handing part of it to Borues. "Ok lets do this." He said as he leveled the sword towards the slot.
xhunterko wrote: "This is pointless!" Benjamin said to Jenny.

"We need to cut the fire off from ahead! Otherwise it's just going to keep spreading farther and farther away! We need to create a stop or block or cut down a patch of woods somewhere in it's path." Benjamin finished.

ooc: Pretty sure what happens is your call Valerio.
"Your right, we need to cut down some trees or something to block the fire or at least redirect it eleswhere. But I don't think we really have the man power to pull it off." She said as she threw more water on to the fire.
Last edited by IceKitsune on Mon Mar 18, 2013 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

xhunterko wrote:Farkry and Antaro led Will to the large, center building. Through the main doors, past the small foyer, and into a second larger chamber where there were five pandas already at work on a second catapult. One of them looked up from sawing a log at Will with a surprised expression.

"Didn't you just leave here?" he asked.

"This is not the same cat," Antaro said, "And that will be enough of that!" The center had the beginnings of a catapult. The bottom support (which, looked like a ladder) was being assembled and a two logs were set between two sawhorses.

"If you would please, work on these two logs here. Just cut along the lines if you would," Antaro said to Will, "And don't mind them, their party was interupted last night so they're a bit cranky."
"Forgive me for my curiosity, but I have a question." Will said to Antaro "Many of your kin look at me with judging eyes. I can sense they deem me dangerous for reasons unknown to me. Why?"
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

The first sword was heavy, alright, but once it had been inserted in its slot, it slid easily until the hilt blocked its movement. A sort of heavy sound came from inside the Cherub's base.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"A cat of your same species was picked up last night outside the village and brought in here," Antaro said, "He was also brought in with a bear, whom, is helping our prince. We believe said cat to be the cause of the fire."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Ugh. Do you have any flying machines? I've seen them used before for this," Benjamin said back to her.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mitch climbed down from the statue to get out of the way.

"All righty, here we go," Borues said, sliding his own sword in it's slot.

"Hopefully we did that right," he added.

ooc: @Val I didn't catch it at first.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

xhunterko wrote:"A cat of your same species was picked up last night outside the village and brought in here," Antaro said, "He was also brought in with a bear, whom, is helping our prince. We believe said cat to be the cause of the fire."
"Ugh. Do you have any flying machines? I've seen them used before for this," Benjamin said back to her.
Mitch climbed down from the statue to get out of the way.

"All righty, here we go," Borues said, sliding his own sword in it's slot.

"Hopefully we did that right," he added.

ooc: @Val I didn't catch it at first.
One of the Firemen overheard Benjamins comment and shook his head. "It has to come from one of the bigger cities in the area. Its on its way but it will be another 20 minutes at least. We had one but it broke down, and there is no money in the budget for at new one." He said as he began chopping down some of the trees to block off the fire.

"Officer help us move some of the bigger trees to block the fires path." He said as Jenny nodded and moved to help the firemen

______

"Yeah I hope so to." Lance said nodding and waiting for the statue to do its job.

(OOC: The firemen is a one off character so don't worry about the color I just needed one for him to talk in.)
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Well, at least it's getting here. Though would it be easier to just plow through the woods? Are these trees weak enough?" Benjamin said.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Borues let the sword slide in until the hilt was blocked as well.

"All right, now what?" Borues said, not expecting an answer.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Now we start rotating them. Borues, Bel, grab the hilts and start testing the direction. They should move only in one, don't fear taking the wrong way."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Borues laughed.

"Ha ha ha ha," Borues laughed aloud, getting what the statue may be used for, "You clever wolf-dog! But of course, there is only one way! Heh heh. Righty tighty, lefty loosey!" Borues then faced the statue, and began pushing one of the right side swords towards the back wall. Fortunately, there was enough space for the bear, though he was having some trouble, he still grinned.

Mitch was confused for a moment. Then he got it and facepalmed.

"Well of course! The eyes act as a release, the swords act as handles to the spigot! Wait a minute. Where's the faucet then?" Mitch wondered.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Valiant went and grabbed the blunt end of the stone sword, moving in synch with his wolf mate. Between grunts, he said, "I've got this book at home: the Natives who helped elaborate this device said it served to 'call forth the spirits'...which manifested under the shape of totems....If I am right, the mechanism's release should lift the tanks using a game of weights...and then they should empty themselves He was starting to see dots in his eyes, and Belisarius looked exhausted as well. This thing alone weighted a LOT, but of course if it were easy...
*CLANK* *CLANK* *CLANK* went the mechanism.
"Lance... Run out of here and call the others....They must abandon the area, now!"
*CLANK* *CLANK*
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance nodded and began running towards the firemen and his mom yelling at the top of his lungs and waving his paws in the air. "We have to get out of here! This place is about to flood with water!" He said as he made it to the group fighting the fire. His mom snapped to attention looking towards him her face covered with sweat and dirt.

"What! What do you mean flooded?" Jenny said back. Lance ran up to her grabbing her hand and pulling her in towards the enterce of the woods. "We found an underground water lake and released it. Its going to flood the woods and put out the fire." He said as he pulled her harder trying to get her to move. Jennys eyes went wide and she began running along with the rest of the firemen and AC officers as they ushered the animals out with them the best they could.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Elio and Cinzia paled.
"You gave him that book for his birthday, you old fool!" the woman said to heer husband.
"How could I *know* it was for real?!" then he addressed Will. "Hey, you! Get aboard! We're leaving now! Chieftain, come and bring as many of you as possible! Hurry!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Flooded!!!" Benjamin said. He stopped for a moment.

"HOLY FUR! THE MEN IN CENTRAL!" He hollared, and ran towards the building. He burst through the doors, surprising all the pandas in, and they all stopped at once.

"EVERYONE OUT! FOLLOW THE OTHERS! THIS AREA IS ABOUT TO BE FLOODED!" Benjamin said. The pandas just stared for a moment in shock.

"MOVE IT!" He ordered, then they dropped everything and ran.

"That means us too!" Antaro said to Will.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You guys go on!" Mitch said to the others, "I'll stay. One of us needs to make sure these knuckleheads make it out alive! Zhang, keep close to Rikki if you please."

"Sir!" Zhang responded, then to Rikki, with a small bow, "My lady."

Borues rolled his eyes. He had no intention of wasting his life this day.

ooc: Val, a small edit may be needed, this took a litle long writing.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"For what's worth...Borues..." Valiant said through rapid pantings. he always found sweating to be gross as cooling process, but right now he was envying the humans for that. "...I'm sorry for...flooding the place. You live...there..."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"I, phew, live, huph, many, phew, places, huph, in, phew, this, phew phorest," Borues huphed, "To, phew, sacrifice one, phew, is, enouph, phew, to save, phew, the phorest itselph. Huph."
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki hugged Mitch. "We'll rebuild it, it will be a splendid new village, amore. And we'll get the responsible for this fire and will save a piece for you, okay?"
*CLANK!* went one last time. The rotating base stopped turning. Belisarius and Valiant fell sprawling over the swords' hilts.
Then came the tremors. Dust and small fragments of rock started falling from the ceiling, as the whole structure started shaking.
"Just in case...It was good to know you all," Valiant said.
Then the ground shook as if Jormungaard himself was shaking from his millenary rest! There came the unmistakable sound of chains, the rattling of titanic links as something not less enormous fell down with the speed of a meteorite!
"Counterweights!" Valiant howled through the monstrous noise. "The tanks are built like elevator cabins! we unlocked them!" he found the strength to let out a triumphal whoop!
---
the tremors didn't spare the surface as well. The trees most weakened by the fire fell down like twigs. The very earth roared, as if it was upset for being awakened after many centuries. The homes of the red pandas' village fell like cardboard structure.
Elio and Cinzia's car had just made it, hopefully, far enough to stay safe.
"Chieftain, believe me, I know how it feels," Elio said. "My grandparents were from Messina, they lost everything to a quake."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"We have lost before, and will lose again friend," Benjamin said, still a little letdown though, watching the village tumble, "What we cannot lose is our desire to rebuild after the loss." He finished with a smile. The other pandas had made it out of the central building in time.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"NONE OF THAT!" Mitch said to the guys.

"Zhang, lead the way to the antechambers!" Mitch ordered.

"Aye, it's just a short way, and we'll be safe from the cascade. Come on!" Zhang said, heading down the tunnel.

"Come on you two! I did not come here to die today," Borues said, getting up and following, "GET OFF YOUR TAILS! Or do I need to carry you?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Belisarius helped Valiant up and dragged him all the way out. "If this works, I'm gonna ask you to adopt a cub!"
The last tremor was the strongest!

Outside, the ground swelled.
Two small hills grew quickly, as if something living was stirring, impatient to awaken one last time...
And then the earth cracked open, no it *burst* open, and the 'spirits' came out! TOTEMS! two enormous wooden poles, the last homage of the Order to the Native religion. Eagle, wolf, cougar, bear and badger -they all showed themselves, their mouths and beaks open wide, as if they were protesting, crying against the outrage brought by fire!

Cinzia crossed herself. "Santa Maria, proteggici."
Elio shook his head. "No. It's the spirit of Sant'Antonio who is protecting us, woman."

A moment later, the water poured from the animals' mouths, as the tanks inside the totems emptied themselves. The flames' roars soon became hisses, acrid black smoke was replaced by vapor...and the red pandas village became one with the water.

Belisarius, still holding Valiant, was almostr crying with joy. "That's why I like humans after all."
"Heh, they got their merits," the wolfdog said...before succumbing to fatigue.
Rikki held to Mitch. "Now there'll be tales to be told, my Prince, don't you think so?"
The Moon Howler

xhunterko wrote:"A cat of your same species was picked up last night outside the village and brought in here," Antaro said, "He was also brought in with a bear, whom, is helping our prince. We believe said cat to be the cause of the fire."
"Another one of my kin?" Will said, scratching his chin "Apologies, I know not of such cat... then again, I still know very little about the town to say anything else."
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Antario nodded. Then, as the totems raised and the water poured, he stood. He placed his hands together with his elbows outstretched in prayer.

"Ancestors, your mercy and protection," He said quietly with his head bowed and eyes closed. The other pandas, even Benjamin, followed suit.

"Tales? My dear, there'll be LEGENDS told!" Mitch said to her.
valerio

Post by valerio »

And so, there was something really new to look at.
A new small lake where a village used to be. A lake watched by two totemic poles.
"Guess the archaeologists will have many a field day with this stuff," Elio said. "This place's gonna turn into a big-time attraction, Chieftain. Sorry for that."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Benjamin shrugged.

"Tourists are good for any economy, and well, now we have two lakes where there was one, so all the better," Benjamin said, "Though now I have rebuilding to be thinking of, but not immediately, I have a tribe to put up for the night. I hope the old chapel's still standing. Oh, excuse me a moment."

"All right guys, let's head back to everyone else," Mitch said, holding Rikki, "They need to know we're all right."

Antario walked up to Will and bowed.

"Thank you, again, for your service, it will not be forgotten," he said. Then he, and Benjamin, walked up to Jenny and the fire personel.

"Thank you as well, brave gentlemen and lady," they said together.

"As well as to our new family, thank you all," Benjamin said to the Leone's, and bowed, and the rest of the pandas bowed as well in gratitude for their help.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"We're honored, but don't feel in debt. Never be said that anyone in the Leone family will act to their advantage. Anything you need, just send for us. Who knows, next time we'll discover a secret treasure."
---
Rikki followed Mitch. "I guess you'll be too busy here to spend the night at my place. Wanna me keep you company?"
Belisarius followed the smaller mammals' couple Valiant spread over his shoulders like some prey specimen. "What will you do, now, Borues?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"What I have always done," Borues said, "I still have many homes. One none to far from first lake. And yet another closer by. You need not fear of me being homeless. One has to be resourceful with a large territory. Heh. And I suppose, I shall have to be a good neighbor for a while if I want my peace and quiet back."

"Thanks Bor! We're gonna appreciate all the help we can get!" Mitch said to him.

"I wouldn't worry Rikki, there isn't much to do, as seeing, everything's underwater and mostly useless, we need new everything," Mitch said, "Accomadations aren't lacking though, we have plans to fall back to the old chapel. The REAL work won't begin until later. I assure you that." Mitch took a step or two before realising he'd hadn't answered her question.

"But yes, I would adore your company love," he said with a slight blush.

"We are creatures of honor friends, and we will honor you and yours and all those who've helped today the only way we know," Benjamin said, then he looked around, "Eventually. But now is the time to regroup. Where are our errant children at a time like this when thanks need to be given? I wonder?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki tried hard not to start hopping and dancing in glee. "I just feel like a lotto winner."

"I guess we will have to contact the Order. For what I know, they still should or could own the old Chapel. They'll help you securing it and claim it a safe zone for you. Though I guess ou'll have to accept the presence of a friar or two... Elio shrugged. "What do you think, Chieftain?"
"Our boys!" Cinzia said, relieved, at the sight of the group of animals coming back. "There they...MY SON!" at the sight of Valiant looking not exactly alive, she ran like lightning to the wolf, anguish and murder mixing in her eyes.
"Err, ma'am, your son is fine. He's just sleeping!" Belisarius was quick to say. When it came to defend their offspring, humans could get really nasty!
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Easy Mother! Easy! He's just wiped out from today!" Mitch said, standing between the two.

"Mother? And what am I?" Nora said, following the woman, having come to the site unnoticed. Mitch grimaced.

"She's Mother, your still mom okay?" Mitch said. Nora sighed.

"Very well, I can live with that," Nora said with a smile.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Do you think they'd put in a friar after all these years?" Benjamin asked.

"It has no congregation, had no care, and I don't believe that the ministers would care for a tribe of an endangered species to be housed in a place of worship for a while," Benjamin said.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki grinned at the scene -Oh, poor Mitch, he didn't know what he was getting himself into...
---
"Well, the Order has made a vow of poverty, and they can't afford to build and run many dioceses, but I am sure that, knowing that a tribe of brave creatures like are going to take care of the place, they will at least help you keeping it as home. Worth a try, if you ask me. Chieftain."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Just so long as they don't go on a crusading spree," Benjamin said, then he noticed what was going on with Mitch and company, "Oh dear, let's go see if we can do anything before your wife turns my son into a rug and my wife doesn't use the leftovers as gloves."
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh, hi moms," Valiant drawled. "Thish wash fun, weee..." and then he got to snore again.
Cinzia kissed her dog's nose. "Bel, bring him in the car."
"MomcanIstayheretonightandhelpthetribe"? Rikki blurted out before she lost the courage.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"And I can promise she'll be back before too late," Mitch said, "It shouldn't take long to get the families and individuals settled into the chapel."

Benjamin then made it to the scene.

"There's our little eplorers!" He said, hugging Mitch.

"I take it you all are the one's responsible for the new lake then?" He asked.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We know little as well," said a warrior to Will, "But if you have other questions, I shal try to help." The warrior had a kneckerchief as well, as did a few of the pandas. But this warrior had a yellow and a red squar knitted in to his otherwise blue kneck piece. This was to denote warriors of rank.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"I guess we have no objections to that, dear," Cinzia answered. "Just be responsible, there'll be a lot of work to do and no much time for fun."
"Yes, I guess we're the responsible," Belisarius answered. "Although you should thank Valiant for coming up with the idea. He knew about the legends."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"And we will, and thank all of you as well," Benjamin said, repeating the bow, as did all the other pandas, and held it for a moment longer. Then he got up, and turned to his people.

"All right everyone, salvage what you can from the water, and then meet up by sundown," And with that order, most of them headed off to the lake where their village was. Except for the sage, the warrior speaking to Will, and Zhang. Benjamin looked at Zhang.

"Well?" He said.

"Mitch gave me charge over Rikki, unless you want me elsewhere," he said. Benjamin looked at Mitch.

"Did he now?" He asked. Mitch nodded.

"Very well, if you want, we need to get things from the water," Benjamin said, him and Nora headed off.

"In a minute dad," Mitch said, Benjamin nodded.

"Well, I guess we'll see you guys later, wish we coulda finished that dinner though, it smelt fantastic," Mitch said to Mrs. Leone.

Borues ambled towards the lake as well.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh, dear. Never be said that an Italian will waste precious food! We will have it delivered for you nice people, down to the last crumb. You will be needing something to eat after all, there's hard work waiting for you."
Elio bowed to the Chieftain. "We will inform the Order, and will let you know about their decision. Buona fortuna." He turned and went to the car, followed by his wife and Belisarius carrying Valiant.
The Moon Howler

xhunterko wrote:"We know little as well," said a warrior to Will, "But if you have other questions, I shal try to help." The warrior had a kneckerchief as well, as did a few of the pandas. But this warrior had a yellow and a red squar knitted in to his otherwise blue kneck piece. This was to denote warriors of rank.
"I will need some more information about that cat you met. How did it look like?" Will asked.

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Basically the same as you," the warrior said, "Though a little scraggly, and with, and I know this'll sound cliche' a ninja costume. He was fairly equpped though with a number of small, stun devices though."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the mention of the food, Nora turned back and approached Mrs.Leone.

"We would be grateful dear, but only if there's enough for everyone," she said.

ooc: the moon howler: I forgot, is there any variation of their fur color?
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Oh, I think you can make quite a decent dinner, at least. Tomorrow, we'll organize a food collection for you all."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance and Jenny stared at the sight before them and Jenny looked over to Lance eyes wide and mouth slack a bit. "W-What? All of this was under this forest?" She asked looking at the panting dog beside her "I guess so mom, I guess so." He said one of his paws gripping Jennys hands tightly. Suddenly Jennys cell phone went off and she scrabbled to pick it up pulling away from Lance

"Hi sweetie, yeah we're fine it was just...you know what I'll explain it when we get home. Yes I'm sure, Its just going to cause a ton of paperwork so the next few weeks will be a bit hectic for sure. Love you too I'll be home soon." She closed the phone and turned to Lance. "Lets go home I need a break from this right now." She said as Lance nodded and walked with her.

He waved off to Rikki and Val and the others as he got in the AC Van "I'll see you guys at home ok?" He said one last time before closing the door and the van drove off.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Elio closed the door and turned on the engine. Well, I'd say this was a most interesting time. Sure beats kicking some criminal butt. Ah, and Belisarius, sorry, but the food at home is going to the pandas. I'll order pizza for us. A lot of pizza."
The poor wolf's ears lowered at the thought of all that stuff going to someone else, but the thought of pizza cheered him up. "Filled crust, triple cheese and salami. Make it five, sir. I'm a bit of hungry."
"Son, if you're going to live with us, you're gonna find yourself a job and earn your money if your appetite is like that."

Rikki started walking toward the rest of the tribe. "You know? I always wanted to be spend some time with your family...though I hoped it would be under better circumstances."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch waved to Lance as he left. Mitch sighed, Rikki was right.

"Yeah me too, but a lantern festival is coming up soon," Mitch said, "So that'll be fun." A lot of the stuff that the pandas were grabbing from the lake was mostly house things. Tables, chairs, cabinets and the like. They were starting a pile just on the edge.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Rikki blinked. "What's a lantern festival?"