Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
King's Age? 
Devil Skirrl

Post Re: King's Age?
Of course King acts like an adult; Joel was an adult before Pete gave him a new body.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:54 pm
Profile WWW

No but really think about it! But then again you might be right...

Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:56 pm

cant seem to make a post someone hasn't already taken :cry:

just thought of something his mind could be older then his body :D so his mind is a 30 yrs or so old adult while his body is only like 4 years cause Pete gave him a young body

Mod Edit: Please do not double-post. If you need to add more information to a thread and yours is the most recent comment, please use the edit button in your post's upper-right corner.

Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Since there have been a few more arcs that King was in, a few more details have come up.
1. He's old enough to drink (so in dog years: 21 or older)
2. Old enough to get married (about 22 or older)

So my guess is that he's about 23 in dog years, which works out to being almost 8 in human years.

Jack the Eevee and Barb the Buizel

George "Geo" Walker......S-8 P-4 E-7 C-7 I-6 A-7 L-3
Thank you kurowolfe for the banner!

3DS Friend Code: 1006 0495 4065

Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:50 pm

My questions would be:
1) Does he still age like a human, or like a dog?
2) If he ages like a dog, and somehow gets turned back into a human, will he have the body of someone who has aged in dog years, human years, or with the same age he had at the time of the transformation? And will he transform back still wearing the jumpsuit and handcuffs from the prison?
Talk about over-thinking a fictional subject!

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!

Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:25 pm

Never really thought about the human equivalent age of pets too much before. I would guess King would be the equivalent age of whatever he was as a human, which looked like late 20s to early 30s, max. But how does pet age measure to human age for this matter? Pets live longer than the real world here, but how much longer? I've read that maximum age in real pets could vary by breed. Correct me if I'm wrong on that last part.

Check out my DeviantART if you'd like: http://d-rock92.deviantart.com/

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:04 am
Devil Skirrl

Animals' lifespans in the Housepets! universe are roughly double their equivalent in ours. Most fans use a three-and-a-half pet years per human year thing.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:21 am
Profile WWW

Dissension wrote:
Animals' lifespans in the Housepets! universe are roughly double their equivalent in ours. Most fans use a three-and-a-half pet years per human year thing.

I think it should be two or two-and-a-half pet years per human year, since if you compare, human lifespan is around 80-85 years, and dogs lifespan around 40 years. Then, I think King should be around 10-12 years old since probably Joel's age was around 25.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:19 am

A dog's average lifespan is around 15 to 17 years (although, a few months ago, I saw a TV news report about a dog that reached the astounding age of 19 years!), and only if take good care of them. Stray and wild dogs tend to live even less.
So housepets! dogs would live around 34 years. HOWEVER, in "an infinitesimaly brief history of the universe" Sabrina says that the animals from the housepets! universe live around 50 years.

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too! Many biologists died to bring us this information! Why won't you honor their deaths?! What I did to their families?!

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:22 am

Silly Zealot wrote:
Sabrina says that the animals from the housepets! universe live around 50 years.

That's just for ferals, house pets only reach the 40 years old as I said before.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Gren wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:
Sabrina says that the animals from the housepets! universe live around 50 years.

That's just for ferals, house pets only reach the 40 years old as I said before.

That wouldn't make sense, ferals don't have dental plans or health coverage.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:11 pm
Puppy Wrangler

Silly Zealot wrote:
A dog's average lifespan is around 15 to 17 years (although, a few months ago, I saw a TV news report about a dog that reached the astounding age of 19 years!), and only if take good care of them. Stray and wild dogs tend to live even less.
So housepets! dogs would live around 34 years. HOWEVER, in "an infinitesimaly brief history of the universe" Sabrina says that the animals from the housepets! universe live around 50 years.

It actually does vary by breed. Great Danes have an average life span of around 6 - 8 years, while chihuahuas and pomeranians can live up to 18 on average. Labs and Golden retrievers are a good standard of an average age at 10-12. However, there are exceptions to the rule. I had a golden retriever that lived to 19 years old, grew up with me. The World record age for a dog is actually 29.... well, verifiable age anyway.

Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:02 pm

I read the 29 one on wikipedia. It also said that it was unconfirmed.

Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:26 am

Silly Zealot wrote:
Gren wrote:
Silly Zealot wrote:

That wouldn't make sense, ferals don't have dental plans or health coverage.

Yeah I thought the same thing. Pets are supposed to have a longer life than ferals in general.

By the way, I don't think that breed have something to do with lifespan in housepets!verse at all.
It's funny because you mods are always saying we, the users, always over-analyze, exaggerate and complicate everything and now you do the same:lol:

Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:55 pm
Puppy Wrangler

Silly Zealot wrote:
I read the 29 one on wikipedia. It also said that it was unconfirmed.

I have a copy of the Guinness World Records book that has that as the official record for longest lived dog. It is confirmed...

As for over analyzing, I do not believe that pointing out a fact of the real world in any way is over analyzing.... I never said that it applied in the HP! universe. :|

Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:30 pm

King is either of a random age due to Pete's influence or around the age of 6/7, depending on if corgis have a shorter life span. He could be 10/11 if not, assuming that Joel was in his early Thirties.

Thu May 09, 2013 10:28 am
Reply to topic   [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2