Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
jopencjusz

Re: Arc #65 The Unbearable Lightness Of Being A Dog

Post by jopencjusz »

It's probably the best thing I could wish for Christmas! Great work Rick! :D
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
Karl

Post by Karl »

That raised leg xD
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

no raised leg. He was still kneeling, seen from behind.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I can't wait for the marriage ceremony.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

valerio wrote:no raised leg. He was still kneeling, seen from behind.
Regardless, it's still cute!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Gren

Post by Gren »

I think we forgot something really important in this arc: Is Bino in a coma or just have to surpass a facial reconstruction surgery? If he died at least you have to say where he was buried Rick :lol:

Returning to the couple, is Bailey going to wear the ring? :P

I think I can see what Pete could be planning. He is going to play with King without him knowing (in other words, he is not going to ask him to being his avatar, at least not for now). After this (the proposal), others pets, specially dogs, will want to do the same. The popularity of King and Bailey among the pets is going to grow bit by bit, and at the same time Fido's secret is discovered and made it public. The paradigm change causes that pets will try to imitate King now, and since King is still more human than dog, that means they going to act more like their "parents" and begin to want more rights. Is getting long, better I shut up now. At least that's the basic concept of my theory. Hope we can see more of the Cosmic Game soon. :)
ImageImage
valerio

Post by valerio »

wouldn't be surprised if Bailey wore the ring as an earring :mrgreen:
RootsofOrigin

Post by RootsofOrigin »

If this doesn't put you in high spirits...
It looks like Bailey is checking to see if she's been punked.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I wanna hear the inevitable conversation where Bailey harasses King until he agrees to let her sniff his butt.

"C'mon, King."
"No."
"Just one sniff."
"Not. Gonna. Happen."
"... we're not kissing until I get to sniff your butt at least once."
"..."
"Kiiiiiiing"
"ALRIGHT FINE."
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

valerio wrote:no raised leg. He was still kneeling, seen from behind.

Part of me still thinks he's raising his leg and not kneeling. Simply because he looked like he was jumping for joy in the previous panel.

And my immediate thought when I saw that panel was finding it hilarious because King is hiking up his leg up like the women do in those stereotypical situations when they have that perfect kss with the perfect guy.

Even if he isn't raising his leg, I still find it extremely adorable!

Mod Edit: Sorry, we don't allow you to refer to couples in the '1x2' or '1/2' formats, they tend to emphasize sexuality.
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
justacritic

Post by justacritic »

I wonder if Pete was laughing because he knew this would happen and it just furthered his plans. That and what King went through amused him to no end.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

justacritic wrote:I wonder if Pete was laughing because he knew this would happen and it just furthered his plans. That and what King went through amused him to no end.
How would this make King more likely to accept the power of an Avatar though? If anything this would make it more unlikely.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think there are strings attached. This is supposed to be closure.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Happy holidays everyone

"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
valerio

Post by valerio »

*insta-desktop*
now THAT is a nice christmas gift :D
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

valerio wrote:*insta-desktop*
now THAT is a nice christmas gift :D
oh, well here is the large version
Karl

Post by Karl »

Growlmon, jump out of those ponies and strike us more with similar awesomeness ;p
I'm a bookworm!
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

pets cry a lot in this comic

they all have severe emotional problems
ImageImage
ImageImage
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Kyderra wrote:Happy holidays everyone!
Thank you! This is fantastic! You made my day!
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So cute. :3 Did you vector it or just trace?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sinder wrote:pets cry a lot in this comic

they all have severe emotional problems
They're obviously the animal equivalent of teenagers.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Nothing on Rick's storytelling (still enjoy the DnD stuff), but does anybody else find King proposing to Bailey right now a little...stupid? Kinda something that nobody sane would ever do, proposing a few minutes after an argument that seems to have lasted for a few days. Not to mention, they've been in a long distance relationship for...just over a year? When they meet up again, 90% of the time has been an argument...isn't that more of an inkling to break up?

Sorry, maybe I should just move my realism away from a webcomic about anthropomorphic animals.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Sleet wrote:So cute. :3 Did you vector it or just trace?
It's a tracing with a vector pen/line tool, so I guess both :P
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

44R0NM10 wrote:Nothing on Rick's storytelling (still enjoy the DnD stuff), but does anybody else find King proposing to Bailey right now a little...stupid? Kinda something that nobody sane would ever do, proposing a few minutes after an argument that seems to have lasted for a few days. Not to mention, they've been in a long distance relationship for...just over a year? When they meet up again, 90% of the time has been an argument...isn't that more of an inkling to break up?

Sorry, maybe I should just move my realism away from a webcomic about anthropomorphic animals.
I will admit while I did enjoy that it happened it did seem really rather sudden. That's why I thought that she would likely say no to it because she thought he was moving to fast. I mean even if its just symbolic and doesn't mean anything legal wise and isn't taken seriously its still a really huge commitment and it did come across as a bit sudden for something like that.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There could be more that happened off-panel, too.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

44R0NM10 wrote:Nothing on Rick's storytelling (still enjoy the DnD stuff), but does anybody else find King proposing to Bailey right now a little...stupid? Kinda something that nobody sane would ever do, proposing a few minutes after an argument that seems to have lasted for a few days. Not to mention, they've been in a long distance relationship for...just over a year? When they meet up again, 90% of the time has been an argument...isn't that more of an inkling to break up?

Uh, dude, a petty argument like that is not going to end their relationship. Secondly, in their time frame, it would be a few hours later, not a few minutes later(which would give them oodles of time to cool down and think about what they've done(whatever gave you the idea that it was a few minutes later?)). If they break up because of some childish argument, then they shouldn't have been a boyfriend and girl friend to begin with. Just sayin'.

EDIT: Also, if they're going to have a wedding, can I be the bouncer? Just give me an aluminum baseball bat with a decal saying "Head Banger" printed on it and I should be good to go. :D
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Yeah, but the argument seemed to last days (not a few hours, like you say). I doubt invitations were given out the same day as the party, so let's say 1-2 weeks (realistically). If you admit that's true, they were arguing about it for 1-2 weeks, and if that's not true then they avoided each other for 1-2 weeks after the argument began.

Seriously, if you get invitations the same day as the party, I feel sorry for you.

Not to mention, I wasn't saying that one argument should end their relationship. I was saying that they've met each other in real life for the first time in a year, and they seem to have spent almost all the time after the first day arguing. If you're in a long-distance relationship, and as soon as you meet up you argue, some might say you're not meant for each other.

In the very least, you shouldn't propose marriage. I'd argue you shouldn't do that even if you weren't arguing from day 2, but a lot of people disagree with that view.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I agree that the proposal thing was super sudden. However, I don't think there have been any signs that the relationship is any real turmoil either.

I feel like Bailey was just sent away from her home at a very inconvenient (or convenient for the plot, I suppose) time. King and she would have likely reacted in much the same fashion whether her family had moved with her to Babylon Gardens for a while before having to leave her behind or otherwise.

So the time-frame isn't necessarily as important as the actual content of the argument, in terms of whether their relationship is in "break-up" territory or not.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

I feel similarly. The argument was over the reason she was in Babylon Gardens, and thus could not have occurred without them meeting up. I think it is therefore unfair to say that they spent the first bit of their first meet-up in some time arguing, without the context of what they were arguing over. King had good reason to be upset, and Bailey had good reason to be upset. They seem to have worked it out, and it seems to have spurred King into action.
That's my take on it.
valerio

Post by valerio »

44R0NM10 wrote:Yeah, but the argument seemed to last days (not a few hours, like you say). I doubt invitations were given out the same day as the party, so let's say 1-2 weeks (realistically). If you admit that's true, they were arguing about it for 1-2 weeks, and if that's not true then they avoided each other for 1-2 weeks after the argument began.

Seriously, if you get invitations the same day as the party, I feel sorry for you.

Not to mention, I wasn't saying that one argument should end their relationship. I was saying that they've met each other in real life for the first time in a year, and they seem to have spent almost all the time after the first day arguing. If you're in a long-distance relationship, and as soon as you meet up you argue, some might say you're not meant for each other.

In the very least, you shouldn't propose marriage. I'd argue you shouldn't do that even if you weren't arguing from day 2, but a lot of people disagree with that view.
King and Bailey make for MEGA-UBER-AWESOME couple so yes, proposal is good and never to soon 8-)
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I GO OFF ON A DISNEY CRUISE ALL WEEK AND I COME HOME TO THIS?!

Not to mention, it was pulled off completely perfectly. All the way to the end. x3
KJOokami wrote:I agree that the proposal thing was super sudden.
My parents married 8 weeks after meeting. They've been togther 38 years. We don't know how their relationship over the phone for a year has gone. Just because they had that one recent fight doesn't mean the net total of their relationship isn't strong.

Though I have a feeling their "wedding" will be intervened upon by the cosmic nerds.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Kitch wrote:
KJOokami wrote:I agree that the proposal thing was super sudden.
My parents married 8 weeks after meeting. They've been togther 38 years. We don't know how their relationship over the phone for a year has gone. Just because they had that one recent fight doesn't mean the net total of their relationship isn't strong.

Though I have a feeling their "wedding" will be intervened upon by the cosmic nerds.
I know that rather sudden marriage proposals happen, but they aren't really all that common. Usually people don't get married only about a year after meeting each other, well baring non-serious Vegas style weddings done on a drunken whim, sure it happens some times but again it is rather rare.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I'm glad this happened while I was totally disconnected. I wouldn't be able to take the suspense, even if it was the very next day. xD
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I just wrote transcripts for the last two strips in the arc.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Can I see the transcripts? I can't get the final page of the arc to load.
Also... *squee they're getting married*
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Dr. Prower wrote:Can I see the transcripts? I can't get the final page of the arc to load.
Also... *squee they're getting married*
Probably not. :( OhNoRobot, the comic transcripting service, kinda sucks. :(