RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

New Moderator Nominations

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Current Nominations:
- Seth
- Esper

================================
Alright Roleplayers, it's that time again!
With D-Singer leaving in early April, we're going to need another moderator for me and House to split the work with. That means another election is coming up, which means we need some nominations from you guys.

This time around, we're going to give some criteria for the new moderator to fulfill, so we get exactly what we're looking for in them. The new moderator has to be a trusted member of the forum who's also a capable leader. They also have to have a solid understanding of the various rules and guidelines which govern the RP section, the HP forums, and the internet as a whole, because a moderator's main job is to deal with users on that basis.

Because me and House can only watch so many RPs at once, we will be splitting them up 3 ways. The new moderator will be watching 4 of the following RPs:
  • - Richardson Valley
    - Radiant Gardens
    - Richmond Acres
    - Terra ridge
    - Sunset Plateau
    - Exotic Acres.
    - Haven
Only people who are interested in watching 4 of those should run for moderator. Me and House have some preferences among those, but those are the ones we don't specifically feel a need to watch.

Now, just like the last few times, I bring the question: who do you want to moderate the forums?
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Roarin

Re: New Moderator Nominations

Post by Roarin »

I voteth for the nomininizations of Keeshah, Seth, Val, and xhunterko! (Is there a nomination cap?)
They all run really cool and successful neighborhoods and they've all been around for along time. Three cheers!
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

A few problems. Val turned down the position when he was nominated. I'm also not sure Seth will accept.
I see no problems with Hunter and i'll second his nomination
Last edited by RandomGeekNamedBrent on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

While I appreciate the nomination I have to decline. I just don't have the time, interest, or energy that would be required. I like you guys and have fun with the RP's I'm in but I really wouldn't make a very good mod

Edit: Also I nominate Roarin because I like how he runs stuff and junk.
Last edited by Seth on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Seth is also a lazy slacker who has no place in the leadership of the area under the bridge where all the homeless people hang out, let alone a forum. >:|
[Edit: Seth corrected me: he is not a lazy slacker, I have just never seen him actually want to do anything. The rest still stands though.]
Roarin wrote:Is there a nomination cap?
Nope, though nominating everyone in this forum probably wouldn't be helpful...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Nominating everyone results in "Dissension Chooses." *giggles*

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
The Moon Howler

Post by The Moon Howler »

1 vote for xhunterko from me!
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Ok... I'd like to see a couple more nominations here.
I'm not going to nominate anyone, but aside from xHunterKo, aren't there a few other qualified members here? Look at the GMs and the last few pages of the Main OOC, what about Roarin, WolvenPaw, Esper, and MuscleCar? They don't seem like bad choices to me...

I don't really have a good idea who would be good at the job, because they're going to be doing a job that I'm not good at. It's entirely possible that someone I didn't even think of will be a good candidate. Someone nominate someone other than xHunterKo so we can have a real election...
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Wolven actually wouldn't be the best of choices, seeing as he had to give co-control of most of his characters to other players due to being unable to consistently post.

also, guys, these are just nominations. If the person you would vote for has already been mentioned twice, they're already going to be on the ballot (barring issues with eligibility such as inability to remain active) when the voting actually starts, so there's no need to nominate them again. So go ahead and nominate someone else.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

I feel like I would not be the best mod. I know most of the rules, but not all of them. Also I don't exactly know the limitations for all the different rules. Considering that even though I am a GM, I would decline the position if offered.

I just don't have the commitment that would be needed. Very soon my spring sport will start, plus my job, and homework will leave little time for reading the forums and being a good authority here.

I nominate Esper, Keeshah, and caelei though
Yes, I am a furry.
caelei

Post by caelei »

Wow, I was REALLY surprised to be nominated! How unusual!

However I am DEFINITELY NOT the right choice for a mod. I'm really sorry, but I don't have much I could really contribute. ^^' But thank you.
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

It would appear nobody really wants to be a mod. In the interest of there being people to vote for and considering the fact I'm already active in three of those neighborhoods (well technically 4 but I never really got going in Sunset) I suppose I could accept a nomination if it was thrown my way. Though I couldn't hope to match the board precense of say Brent or Diss it's rare that I have a day where I don't have time to check in at least once.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well you already were nominated. so it's looking like Seth versus Hunter. and I guess Esper made it in there too if someone seconds his nomination.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:well you already were nominated. so it's looking like Seth versus Hunter. and I guess Esper made it in there too if someone seconds his nomination.

seconds esper..

while bowing out from being nominated.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Thanks for considering me as a potential mod guys. However, considering my trend in shunning authority due to the fear of potential abuse of said authority, I bow out from the nomination process. (considering my recent forum behavior as well, I don't believe I'm fit to be a mod of any kind)
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Uuuuuuuuh... I don't know how well I'd do as a mod, but I'll accept my nomination.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

You're actually perfectly qualified as far as I know. All you have to do is read the topics, make sure the rules are being followed, and provide some leadership above the GMs. From what I can tell, you're already reading a couple of the topics we need someone to read, and I don't see any problem with you and the rules. There will also be a hand-over period and I can train you where you need me to...
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Alrighty. That all sounds pretty good to me.