HPU - Richardson Valley

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

caelei

Re: Pet Friendly-Richardson Valley

Post by caelei »

"This isn't about intelligence. This is about learning to make your own decisions. So you had some girl named Pavelle tellin' you what to do all the time, right? Well, she's not around now. And Ravage? He's not gonna be around all the time, if you think you can even trust his judgement at all..." he shook his head, "One of these days, you're gonna be in serious trouble, and you can't rely on other people to tell you what to do. You get what I'm sayin'?"
So Sid was saying that this wasn't about how smart Magnus was? That it was about something else? "Learning to make your own decisions." That's what the cat had said. Magnus stood for a moment and struggled with what the black cat was trying to get through to him. Learn to make his own decisions. Like what? When did he have to try to-- to decide things? Maybe that was what Sid was saying. That Mag had to decide things more? But how? And-- And why? Sid had also said that Rav wouldn't be around all the time. Mag got that because Rav hadn't been around when Mag had gone away. But there had always been others to tell him what to do. Humans, especially. It hadn't really been his dad telling him what to do, not since Pavelle left, and of course not Pavelle since she was gone. But other humans had always been around, the ones that smelled sorta like Mom when Mag had gone to that other city. That "Grand-Mom" lady that had been older but with Mom's eyes, and Magsie, and "Grand-Pop" and a few others whose names Mag couldn't remember. When Magsie had told him with such a serious face that Dad needed to be alone, that was when Magnus had stayed with the Grand-people. That was when he'd listened to them, and they had told him that he was such a good dog. Magnus' tail wagged a little at the memory of those nice people. But the point was that there were always others to tell him what to do, even when Dad wasn't around. There were always more humans, even if there weren't friends or other pets like Rav, or family like his sister and Felix and Dad and Magsie.

To Sid's question, Mag hummed out, "Ummm. I don't... know." He didn't quite know what Sid was getting at, though he felt like maybe Sid thought it was important. The Dane scrunched up his face a little, trying to continue on, to explain what he'd just gone through in his thoughts. "But well, I do know that there will always be more people, though, right? To tell me what to do. Maybe not pets like Rav, but there are always more humans..." he said. He paused for a moment, then found himself asking aloud, "S-so then w-why would I need to, uh, know how to make these decisions by myself? Don't the others know that stuff better than me? Like, don't they know what to do better than I do...?" Why would Mag need to make these decisions if the others did know better? Most of his life he'd been taught that he was supposed to listen to others and do what they said. Their decisions were good ones, weren't they? And Sid was sorta worrying Magnus a little. Mostly it was that part Sid had said about Mag getting in serious trouble. Had Mag done something bad again, without knowing? He tried to think of it, but he was drawing a blank. Nervously, the Dane tacked on, "A-and what trouble...?"
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote:
"Well I think i'd better head home"

Oh noooo! don't do that, not after we just got every thing settled and were all friends again.
Now is the time to start things over on the right paw this time..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Blood just signed to himself at hearing Rav. The whole ‘alpha’ thing was getting kinda weird. Not that he minded Rav looking to him as a leader or a friend, but just that way he addressed him was a bit annoying. For the moment, he just shrugged it off.
Hotep the psychic wrote:After hearing about the park a thought occurred to him about the people that had a sudden party to the music he was playing earlier, "um I don't know if the parks a good idea, there was a party there earlier." Hotep said.
“Urg, fine.” Blood groaned at another stupid inconvenience, but quickly improvised. “Well just go to that vacant grove behind where my fifth wheel is parked. It’s got plenty of space. Now let’s move.” With that Blood began quickly trudging down the street back to his temporary home, where he could finally have some fun with his friends.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Keeshah wrote: Oh noooo! don't do that, not after we just got every thing settled and were all friends again.
Now is the time to start things over on the right paw this time..
Lucky looked over at Rav, having stopped midway through his turn.
"Does that count for everyone, if I remember right your friend here"
Lucky gestured to Blood
"Seemed pretty aggressive after our run in"
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Marine Fox wrote: Lucky looked over at Rav, having stopped midway through his turn.
"Does that count for everyone, if I remember right your friend here"
Lucky gestured to Blood
"Seemed pretty aggressive after our run in"

Oh i'm quite sure he is over it, and back to his normal brooding self..
Rav trots off after Blood, yet uncontentiously keeping the exact distance from Blood as he is from Carlito.
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Hotep lost his train of thought as he stared back from were he just came listening intently for his owners whistle. Once knowing he was staring off in the distance he shook his head and saw rav and blood walking off. He looked to lucky"whats happening now?" hotep asked
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Hotep the psychic wrote:Hotep lost his train of thought as he stared back from were he just came listening intently for his owners whistle. Once knowing he was staring off in the distance he shook his head and saw rav and blood walking off. He looked to lucky"whats happening now?" hotep asked
Lucky looked over at the new pet.
"Apparently Rav wants us to follow him, atleast by my understanding."

With that Lucky started after Rav and Blood keeping a distance behind them but enough to signify he was following.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Alex realized he was about to geet left behind and caught up to Duke. "Well it can't hurt to follow them for now. It's not like we can't leave later if the urge strikes us."
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Hotep the psychic

Hotep followed after lucky after adjusting his bag and pulled a small rawhide chew from the side of his bag and began chewing on it. when he stoped it was as if he had a small cigar in his mouth.
ImageImageImage
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav starts humming, "we're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of dogs" while following after Alpha blood leading of the gaggle of pets
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

After silently walking three blocks across the neighborhood, Blood finally made it back to his fifth-wheel, and just beyond that was the multi-acre abandoned orange grove.

To his surprise, it wasn’t just Rav and Viking who’d followed him. Additionally Lucky, Hotep, that cat from the park yesterday, and an Akita he’d never even seen before were all tailing him up to the grove.

“Rav, did you invite them? Are they playing too?”
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote:After silently walking three blocks across the neighborhood, Blood finally made it back to his fifth-wheel, and just beyond that was the multi-acre abandoned orange grove.

To his surprise, it wasn’t just Rav and Viking who’d followed him. Additionally Lucky, Hotep, that cat from the park yesterday, and an Akita he’d never even seen before were all tailing him up to the grove.

“Rav, did you invite them? Are they playing too?”

Rav looks back and grins.
I guess they were all mesmerized by your divine leadership, and they all wish to be your followers. my Alpha
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

"Nah I guess we're just bored. I could leave if it's a problem but if not," he shrugged, "I figure we could try to forget that we got off on the wrong foot so to speak. I mean I really don't want to be making enemies my second day here."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

“Eh Yeah, sure. Just a sec.” Blood just sarcastically played off of what Rav said. More pets meant more players as far as he cared at the moment.

The big GSD went up to his trailer and unlocked the door, disappearing inside for a brief moment. Upon returning, Blood was holding a shiny transparent ball with bright red randomized stripes painted on, and covered in countless scuff marks. Evidently, even Blood had toys of his own.

He locked up the trailer again and began tossing the toy to himself with one paw. “Who wants to play keep away? I’ve got a Sky ball!” Blood asked with a bit of a smirk and sadistic sounding glee hinted in his voice.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote: He locked up the trailer again and began tossing the toy to himself with one paw. “Who wants to play keep away? I’ve got a Sky ball!” Blood asked with a bit of a smirk and sadistic sounding glee hinted in his voice.

I don't know, shouldn't we be checking up on.. OOOhh BALL!! exclains Rav.
As he makes a running dive for the displayed ball..
Baallllll!!
Hotep the psychic

Hotep stared blankly at the sudden ball then shook his head frantically "no no balls not going crazy but its a ball....no.....yes ....no..noyesno..."you he thought to himself staring to and away from the ball. "i guees i could stretch out a bit...BAAAALLLLL! Its MINE!" yelled hotep droping his backpack and quickly racing after rav to get the ball as well
ImageImageImage
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

Carlito, for the duration of the entire trip, had strained his distance apart from the other pets, intentionally dragging behind the leading posse. He didn't want to appear so much as a vagabond, however. But, as far as everyone was concerned, he was just another cat -- some cat -- that, literally, had nothing better to do, and that there was no way to say otherwise.

"So," he mused to himself, "why am I even bothering?"

As usual, he was very quiet, unsettling, and had mainly kept to himself.
D-Singer wrote:“Who wants to play keep away? I’ve got a Sky ball!”
"Keep... away?" Carlito was dumbfounded, obviously confused at the game itself. Never had he played -- nor heard -- of such a game, and as such was oblivious to its mechanics. He wasn't going to be the first one to let the others know about that, however. As far as he can tell, now probably wasn't the right time to be the odd man out.
Keeshah wrote: Baallllll!!
But, of course, neither was he going to act like a pup, er, kitten, and be out of his own way. So, for the mean time, he simply appeared enthralled, even though he crossed his arms.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Lucky continued to follow after, noticing the others coming right after him but as they walked he listened in to Rav and Blood talking and he was pretty just calmed and easy until he heard Rav
Keeshah wrote:
Rav looks back and grins.
I guess they were all mesmerized by your divine leadership, and they all wish to be your followers. my Alpha
Lucky heard this and was particularly infuriated, having been dragged in by Rav under the assumption they would be neutral friends and then have Rav put him in a submissive role was not any part of what Lucky had expected he just muttered under his breath as he slightly bared his teeth trying not to snap back at Rav.
"My Tail, not gonna be his follower"

Lucky soon gritted his teeth controlling himself until they got to Blood's Trailer. He heard him ask about keep away which Lucky was very much familiar with and as he came back with a sky ball Lucky watched as the other canines went bezerk over the ball. Lucky watched them go after it, not sharing their exact excitement over a ball but he tried to be excited about it coupled with the fact he was still angry at Rav he tried to find a clear spot to go in and get the ball, waiting and watching for an open spot.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Alex stood back content to see what exactly the rules of this game were before he jumped in. He was itching to chase after it but he didn't show any outward signs of excitement.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Keeshah wrote:I don't know, shouldn't we be checking up on.. OOOhh BALL!! exclains Rav.
As he makes a running dive for the displayed ball..
Baallllll!!
Hotep the psychic wrote:Hotep stared blankly at the sudden ball then shook his head frantically "no no balls not going crazy but its a ball....no.....yes ....no..noyesno..."you he thought to himself staring to and away from the ball. "i guees i could stretch out a bit...BAAAALLLLL! Its MINE!" yelled hotep droping his backpack and quickly racing after rav to get the ball as well
Of course Rav and the puppy went nuts over the shiny red bouncy ball, but Blood wasn’t going to let them take one of his favorite toys that easily. The big coydog lobbed the Skyball into the air and made another one of his impressive leaps away from the collision point between Rav and Hotep.

Blood landed on all fours and caught the ball as it fell out of the air. “Want it?" He held the toy out like a prize. "You can have it...when you pry it from my cold dead JAWS!” The big dog taunted, then shoved the ball back into the mouth and took off into the grove on all fours.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Alex looked at Carlito and Lucky almost apolegetically, "I hate to leave you guys standing around but well, y'know how dogs are." with that he got on all fours and chased after blood.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote: Blood landed on all fours and caught the ball as it fell out of the air. “Want it?" He held the toy out like a prize. "You can have it...when you pry it from my cold dead JAWS!” The big dog taunted, then shoved the ball back into the mouth and took off into the grove on all fours.

Rav goes Ooof! as he lands on the ground.. rolling back up onto his paws.
Well that sounds a bit extreme, but if that is what it takes..
He grins, as his claws dig into the ground as he launches himself after the fleeing Blood.
Hotep the psychic

Hotep slid a bit watching the ball quickly reacting for a pounce untill he saw blood go by. After hearing the challenge he smiled still waiting on the pounce. " all right your on, i like challenges im pretty fast myself and i will get that ball" Hotep said waiting for him to toss it again his muscles tensing for a quicker reaction his gaze fixed on the ball "dont fall for the fake throws" he kept thinking to himself.
ImageImageImage
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

As Blood leaped out and snatched the ball taking it and going off with the other's in close pursuit Lucky thought about going but seeing as how it was only him and Carlito he'd feel pretty bad about just leaving him there so after the others disappeared he walked back over to the cat looking back at the grove but talking calmly, more so than he had all day.

"Your names Carlito right? Are you also new here?"
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

So began the game of keep away, and Blood wasted no time in making it difficult for the other pets in pursuit of him.

The abandoned grove was big and was filled with rows upon rows of old orange trees, some alive but most of them dead. Unfortunately, the majority of the dead ones made it easy to follow Blood. So he intentionally ran straight for the river at the edge of the grove where some of the trees were still leafy, and provided just enough cover to lose Rav and the others in a small maze of fruit bearing shrubs and thick patches of overgrown weeds.

Blood dived into the greenest and most overgrown patch of plants he could find and began burrowing through them. He’d give the game of ‘keep away’ a twist of ‘hide and seek’!

After about a hundred yards of charging through the weeds, Blood doubled back and hid under one of the orange trees. Let’s see who can sniff him out first...
Hotep the psychic

Hotep came to the greenery and looked around. he knew he went this way and was sure he was hiding. hotep looked around and sniffed the air, then went on all fours into the bushes to a stoping point. "hmmm orange trees or weeds? I know your here but where...." hotep said closing in on the weeds still sniffing. "its strong scent here but.....he doubled back no wonder its strong." he thought looking at an orange tree and getting ready to pounce.
ImageImageImage
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Alex could see the other dog headed for an orange tree. He stopped looking and watched, maybe there's be a chance to sneak in and grab the ball while the other two were distracted.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

“And, just like that,” he mused to himself, aloofly scratching the back of his head, “they were gone.”

Unprecedentedly, Carlito chose not to give chase to the dog with the ball, as the others had. Instead, he contemplated whether he should linger a little while longer in the outskirts of the park, jog for a short while, or simply return home. Although, he really wasn’t inclined to go with the latter, considering that he’d be sprawled out on the yard, lying against the wooden lattice.

“Yeah, no,” he monologues, shaking his head slightly.

Prepped to leave, Carlito momentarily loitered to tug the strap of his lenses, slightly vexed by the soreness it had provided to him. Eventually, with one pull, Carlito took off his sunglasses, rubbing the spot between his sore, and remarkably sullen eyes.

Prior to watching the other canines disembark, he was given the impression that he was alone, which -- unbeknownst to him – wasn’t really the case.
MarineFox wrote:"Your name's Carlito right? Are you also new here?"
“—Huh?” Carlito muttered bewilderedly, eyes struck with surprise and worry.

In a rather fidgety and not-so-stoic manner, he had troubled himself to re-equip his tinted goggles, before turning to face Lucky. Even so, no good would come from this, even if he’d pretended that it didn’t happen. And he knew it.

“Ye-yeah,” he vaguely retorted, subconsciously sweating bullets, even though his aloofness was visibly returning to his composure.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Rav zig zagged through the grove..
He finally climbs up into a orange tree, one row over from where Blood is hiding down in the weeds..
He surveys the area giggling, I wonder he many fleas he is going to collect hiding down there..
As Rav scans the area as if he is still looking for the other shepherd..
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

((sorry if i havent posted in a while))

The game of grab the ball had already begun! But no matter how much Blood's toy excited the puppy, the half exhausted Viking had trouble speeding up with the other canines. His frail legs did manage to carry him far, and the most he could do was break into a slow jog. Eva had carried him in her arms too much, and he wasn't so sure if he could get used to this vigorous workout.

''G-guys...ah....I don't know if I can continue...'' Viking said, pausing for a while and taking in puffs of air.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Hotep the psychic

Hotep quietly went closer to the orange tree ready to pounce until he could see bloods tail. He steped sideways still far away a smug smile on his face he knew he was ready. And jumped for the pounce "Gotcha!" hotep said midflight
ImageImageImage
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Blood didn’t move. He could hear everyone as they moved around the grove. Four dogs were there with him, as far he could hear and smell anyways. He assumed the cat and that fox in the hat lagged behind or decided not to play.

Viking was a ways off, but he could hear him huffing and panting. Tired already? Geez, hold it together kid. The Akita wasn’t too far away from him. Rav he wasn’t sure of...but he could just tell he was nearby. That black German Shepherd puppy was the closest so far.

Blood watched Hotep pass by once. Something was making his ear itch terribly, but he ignored it for the sake of keeping hidden. The pup circled back again and stopped just feet behind him. The big Shepherd tensed up...
Hotep the psychic wrote:"Gotcha!" hotep said midflight
Hotep got lucky...

Blood sprang out of his hiding place only to end up with his collar caught on a tree branch growing out at an awkward angle. It slowed him down just a second long enough for Hotep to land his pounce on Blood’s tail.

“GRRR!” Blood wasn’t about to let himself get taken down by some pup! He snapped the branch his collar was caught on and charged out into the weeds, intending to shake Hotep loose.
Hotep the psychic

Hotep caught a large whiff of bloods scent as he was on him and once he ran he was set for tracking him to a further extent and quickly ran after him. the chase reminded him when he was in the woods with his father (dog father) hunting with his owners. As Hotep ran he kept low for greater speed and agility his ears low and his nose doing the work of keeping on bloods scent.
ImageImageImage
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Alex chased after the other two, he certainly wasn't as fast as them but he was close enough that he could jump into a scrum for the ball if it occurred.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

thrasherblades wrote:((sorry if i havent posted in a while))

The game of grab the ball had already begun! But no matter how much Blood's toy excited the puppy, the half exhausted Viking had trouble speeding up with the other canines. His frail legs did manage to carry him far, and the most he could do was break into a slow jog. Eva had carried him in her arms too much, and he wasn't so sure if he could get used to this vigorous workout.

''G-guys...ah....I don't know if I can continue...'' Viking said, pausing for a while and taking in puffs of air.

Rav jumps down out of the tree and nearly collides with the bolting Blood, as he rushes over to the wheezing pup.
Are you doing ok? not all tired out already are we??
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

(OOC: Shoot My Bad Rhyzer)
As Lucky questioned the cat he quickly saw the cats odd and rushed move to get his shaded goggles back on, he had no intention in worrying the cat or surprising him but as he turned to face him the expressions he could see proved to just that. Lucky brought up a soft smile and slightly chuckled.

"Cool. Oh and no need to worry i'm not here to eat you or anything heh"
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Keeshah wrote: Rav jumps down out of the tree and nearly collides with the bolting Blood, as he rushes over to the wheezing pup.
Are you doing ok? not all tired out already are we??
Viking panted as Rav approaches him with a little concern. ''Huff....I dunno...I've never really ran that much...but...I wanna try...'' Viking said, putting his leg forward and prepared to sprint but could only break into a small puppy jog and he assumed the same bending position again, panting and wheezing. ''I...can...do this...'' Viking said, trying to run at a slow pace.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

thrasherblades wrote: Viking panted as Rav approaches him with a little concern. ''Huff....I dunno...I've never really ran that much...but...I wanna try...'' Viking said, putting his leg forward and prepared to sprint but could only break into a small puppy jog and he assumed the same bending position again, panting and wheezing. ''I...can...do this...'' Viking said, trying to run at a slow pace.

Rav trots along at Viking's side, staying at the puppy's pace.
I think what your feeling right now, is what the trainers call "feeling the burn". Lungs are burning? feeling like there going to explode? Feeling like you need to cough and choke, perhaps you might have kind of a metallic blood taste in your mouth? That is normal, your just out of shape. The more you run like this the easier it will get, and the longer you will be able to keep it up.
Rav smiles toothly, jogging along with him.
Now, (Rav says more sternly), if you feel like you can't catch your breath or can't breathe at all. Just start pointing at your muzzle, so we will know there is a problem. ok?
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Viking gave a weak nod as he painstakingly bore with the burning sensation in his legs as he trudged on. But his weary legs couldn't take much more, and his concentration on keeping a stable balance wavered. His legs finally gave in, and an few stones in front of him caused him to trip, falling to the ground and landing on his face. The pain raced through his muzzle and he couldn't help but cry and grip and grip his delicate muzzle with both paws.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Alex heard viking yet out a yelp, he changed course and jogged over to see if he was alright. "You doin' ok man? You don't look so good."
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz