HPU: Richardson Valley OOC

For all those times you're not in character, try new "Out of Character"

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

caelei

Re: PF: Richardson Valley OOC

Post by caelei »

SQUEE, Tory!

...Just to clarify, are you going to play him as a "new" character, in which he's never been to RV, or as old Tory come back (and lacking O'Connor?).
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:SQUEE, Tory!

...Just to clarify, are you going to play him as a "new" character, in which he's never been to RV, or as old Tory come back (and lacking O'Connor?).
I'm really not sure. One the one hand, it's the same Tory, so it's not as if he were a completely new character. One the other hand, I'm reluctant to bring in any old continuity, partly because I don't want to have to go back and research it all, and partly because there are loose ends I left that I don't want to resolve, due to personal changes in back story.

I suppose what I'll do is this: if anyone brings up O'Connor or any past experiences, I'll happily play along, but I'm not going to bring any of it up myself.

Also, there are discrepancies between Tory's old character sheet and his new one, but the essence of his character has been maintained. I've just updated and edited the stats and descriptions to give everyone a better feel for who he is.

Finally, I don't think I'm going to drop Mick just because I'm bringing Tory back into the game. If both applications are accepted (assuming either of them are), I like the dynamic they present each other. Also, just a heads up, they are completely unrelated.

Also hi Caelei been awhile
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
caelei

Post by caelei »

I guess I'm just wondering if Magnus should remember Tory (and vice versa)...? I'd prefer not to bring up O'Connor since it would complicate things for you, as you said, but if Mag remembered Tory it would be natural for him to remember O'Connor, and wonder where he was. Though if I remember correctly, it was Felix who hung out with Tory and O'Connor the most (building the raft and all that-- hmm, I wonder if that's still in the park...?), not Magnus.

Maybe Mag should just think that the little red bird looks familiar, but not quite remember why (which Magnus is prone to do), and leave it at that. It would be simpler that way, probably.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:I guess I'm just wondering if Magnus should remember Tory (and vice versa)...? I'd prefer not to bring up O'Connor since it would complicate things for you, as you said, but if Mag remembered Tory it would be natural for him to remember O'Connor, and wonder where he was. Though if I remember correctly, it was Felix who hung out with Tory and O'Connor the most (building the raft and all that-- hmm, I wonder if that's still in the park...?), not Magnus.

Maybe Mag should just think that the little red bird looks familiar, but not quite remember why (which Magnus is prone to do), and leave it at that. It would be simpler that way, probably.
Whatever you think is best. I'm fine with however you want to play him. If it's easier, we can completely retcon it and pretend this is Tory's first appearance.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
caelei

Post by caelei »

It might be easier that way, true. Since Rav might remember Tory and O'Connor as well, and he might not be quite as forgetful as Magnus is about the subject.

...Um, though I don't really want to tell you how to rp your charrie! I mean, whatever you think is best definitely is best, and I can go along with it easily!
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

caelei wrote:It might be easier that way, true. Since Rav might remember Tory and O'Connor as well, and he might not be quite as forgetful as Magnus is about the subject.

...Um, though I don't really want to tell you how to rp your charrie! I mean, whatever you think is best definitely is best, and I can go along with it easily!
You don't have to worry, hun, I value your input :P

Since I was actually planning on doing that from the start, I think it's fair to go that direction, just for the sake of ease
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:It might be easier that way, true. Since Rav might remember Tory and O'Connor as well, and he might not be quite as forgetful as Magnus is about the subject.

Rav would ask Tory where he left Venison, since he ran off after that bird..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

You could always make stuff up, like "I haven't seen O'Connor in a while either" or "he moved away". Same with "Venison told me he was leaving" or "I lost Venison". I think it's better to bring back old characters and keep a long-lasting continuity instead of losing old characters forever...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:You could always make stuff up, like "I haven't seen O'Connor in a while either" or "he moved away". Same with "Venison told me he was leaving" or "I lost Venison". I think it's better to bring back old characters and keep a long-lasting continuity instead of losing old characters forever...
The problem is, though, I have ideas where I want to take Tory, and they're different than they were when I first created him.

Let's put it to a vote:

Completely retcon Tory: 0

Keep old continuity Tory: 0
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
caelei

Post by caelei »

I vote for Retcon Tory, 'cause that's what Brawler wants to do. If retcon(n)ing ((how many n's are there?)) Tory helps Brawler attain his new ideas for Tory, then he should do that.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Characters change over time. Tory can't have just changed?
I can't vote on this 'cause I'm leaving in a few pages...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Characters change over time. Tory can't have just changed?
I can't vote on this 'cause I'm leaving in a few pages...
I have different directions I want to take Tory that involve a different backstory than he originally had.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Huh... can't make a second character and play both then? *is pushy :P*
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Huh... can't make a second character and play both then? *is pushy :P*
Yes the pushiness has been noted. And, if you recall, I did make a new character, and then was recommended to bring Tory back because the other roleplayers wanted him. Listen, this is beginning to feel like a fan service, and while I'm immensely flattered that you all liked Tory enough to me to even think of it that way, I'm bringing him back just for the nostalgia, I'm bringing him back because I'm invested in the character and want to develop him, and I like to think I know the best way to handle it. I'm not going to turn this into an argument, but I'm not going to dwell on oast continuity that does me no favors, and if it's that big of a problem, I'm happy just to play as Mick.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

K. I'm just obsessed with past continuity, that's all. It's not even a big deal what I think: I don't play in RV, remember? I'm not even the Mod overseeing it right now. That's D-Singer, and may be someone else other than me soon...
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:K. I'm just obsessed with past continuity, that's all. It's not even a big deal what I think: I don't play in RV, remember? I'm not even the Mod overseeing it right now. That's D-Singer, and may be someone else other than me soon...
That does explain why I've been waiting so long for a confirmation.

D-SINGER WHERE IS YOU I WANNA PLAE
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

When will this day end? Seems kinda long to be, honestly.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Teh Brawler wrote:
RockstarRaccoon wrote:K. I'm just obsessed with past continuity, that's all. It's not even a big deal what I think: I don't play in RV, remember? I'm not even the Mod overseeing it right now. That's D-Singer, and may be someone else other than me soon...
That does explain why I've been waiting so long for a confirmation.

D-SINGER WHERE IS YOU I WANNA PLAE

Makes an engraved invite.. your posting is required in RV.. hurry up and go postal! RV's GM..
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Wait... Keeshah, aren't YOU the GM?
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Wait... Keeshah, aren't YOU the GM?

that's what everyone keep telling me..
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

WELL FINE THEN I GUESS I ACCEPT

I'll wait until this day is done and jump in. I'm playing as both Mick and Tory, bee tee dubs.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Teh Brawler wrote:D-SINGER WHERE IS YOU I WANNA PLAE
Geez, I'm right here, stop freaking out. Though, if you want to play with me, better do it while you can.

This might sound like a radical suggestion, but is anyone here interested in playing in the IRC again? That used to be a big thing, but apparently nobody does it anymore.

Also the posting rate has become annoyingly slow...
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:D-SINGER WHERE IS YOU I WANNA PLAE
Geez, I'm right here, stop freaking out. Though, if you want to play with me, better do it while you can.

This might sound like a radical suggestion, but is anyone here interested in playing in the IRC again? That used to be a big thing, but apparently nobody does it anymore.

Also the posting rate has become annoyingly slow...

I lost IRC when my computer crashed.
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

Well, can you get it back?
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

D-Singer wrote:Well, can you get it back?

Ok got it back..
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

D-Singer wrote: This might sound like a radical suggestion, but is anyone here interested in playing in the IRC again? That used to be a big thing, but apparently nobody does it anymore.

The question still stands, is anyone here interested?
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

I'm actually rather curious about using it with other RP'ers of the same neighborhood thread, considering that I never had the opportunity to do so. Mostly since it was too little, too late by then...

But, to be honest, I'm rather enthusiastic about it. So, yeah. ^_^
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

I'll stick around the Housepets! channel on the IRC more frequently. Hopefully we can get several or so players.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

IRC?
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

LoL!! Rav taunts Blood, and Lucky gets offended!
caelei

Post by caelei »

I dunno... I seriously can't tell when Rav is being serious with that whole Alpha thing. ^^'
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:I dunno... I seriously can't tell when Rav is being serious with that whole Alpha thing. ^^'

Rav IS serious about the Alpha thing..
caelei

Post by caelei »

Oh good. That's what I mostly thought... I'm glad I was reading that right.
What caused my confusion was that you said he was 'taunting' Blood. That, to me, meant that there was some aspect of... I don't know, facetiousness involved.

Also, just to be clear... it isn't like, some mystical power that connects the pets that were abducted, is it? I read through the alien arc really quickly, so I probably missed something. Do they have... alien technology implanted in them or something? I understand if you don't feel like explaining.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

caelei wrote:Oh good. That's what I mostly thought... I'm glad I was reading that right.
What caused my confusion was that you said he was 'taunting' Blood. That, to me, meant that there was some aspect of... I don't know, facetiousness involved.

Also, just to be clear... it isn't like, some mystical power that connects the pets that were abducted, is it? I read through the alien arc really quickly, so I probably missed something. Do they have... alien technology implanted in them or something? I understand if you don't feel like explaining.
Yes, but you will need to ask D-singer how they work.
Other than being used as tracking devices.
Marine Fox

Post by Marine Fox »

Keeshah wrote:LoL!! Rav taunts Blood, and Lucky gets offended!
Eh lol you know Lucky's pride heh Though Yeah I presumed you were very serious with the Alpha and follower thing :mrgreen:
Rhyzer

Post by Rhyzer »

The posting rate has been rather shallow as of late...
caelei

Post by caelei »

I'm just waiting for RR.
Not that that's relevant, considering that Magnus is not even playing ball with you guys.
(Richardson Valley)

(Haven)
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

We really need a post from thrasherblades.

Also, I don't think Hotep fully understood what happened in the last few posts between us.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

Yeah I did im waiting for you to post but all will come with patience.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!