A strange idea

Post by Tiger »

I have a strange idea... Rick could make Housepets plushies! Just a thought lol
Oliver!
[url]file:///media/archive/tweenui_wowr131c8e.zip/index.html[/url]
Frank

Re: A strange idea

Post by Frank »

I can see those selling but... where is Rick going to find a plushie manufacturer?
"[E]ven with simple tools, you too can make awesome."
November 21, 2010
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

oh... never thought of that lol
Oliver!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Plushies have a bigger investment required in order to distribute them, meaning Rick would lose money unless he can be confident he'll sell a great deal of them. I think the popularity of Housepets! is not quite high enough for there to be enough of a market for HP! plushies. The more it grows and spreads, however, the better of a chance there is for plushies.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Housepets plushie kickstarter. We pledge, and if not enough people want them to cover the cost, he doesn't make them.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

He could also do what they did with that Snaketails figurine at Slightly Damned, get people to pledge money to the manufacturer, and when enough pre pays are met, they produce them, and if not, they do not charge those who pre paid.
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The advantage with Housepets though is it has the power to sell fast. very fast. Doesn't matter who the audience is, Rick's comic has the advantage of being interesting to all ages, male and female. Alot of people I bet wouldn't care if the comic was PG-rated, they buy it just for it's cute factor. It would be like My Little Ponies, but with the advantage that noone would question buying one ~ They are cats and dogs based on real pet breeds in plush form. Extra bonus goes to Grape for being the stand-out =P

I'm not saying go with the idea, but what i am saying is Rick's comic is a powerful seller. Don't know why it's just not doing what I think it's definitely capable of doing.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Duster

Post by Duster »

GameCobra wrote:The advantage with Housepets though is it has the power to sell fast. very fast. Doesn't matter who the audience is, Rick's comic has the advantage of being interesting to all ages, male and female. Alot of people I bet wouldn't care if the comic was PG-rated, they buy it just for it's cute factor. Rick's comic is a powerful seller. Don't know why it's just not doing what I think it's definitely capable of doing.
Advertisement/ marketing is a big factor as far as merchandise goes. If Rick was really interested in churning up some more Housepets followers and in turn sell stuff to them he'd have to devise a clever marketing campaign strategy. Although right now I think between this comic, his home life and his other artistic and monetary ventures that Ricks attention is fairly divided as of now. He could do some things here and there to make the fan base grow broader, but that takes more time and effort than you might think. I believe that things involving merchandise will work themselves out in their own due time, perhaps sooner rather than later but who really knows for sure?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

A Kickstarter could totally work I think. Though getting one together is a lot of work.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

I would probally buy all of them! And advertise it on my 3 sites, it could work if I donated some money but figurines sound better ^^ I'm not saying it will happen anyway but it sounds cool
Oliver!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Plush are rather labor intensive and finding someone to make them is I believe out of Rick's price range. He's looked into this in the past.
LionWolfHybrid

Post by LionWolfHybrid »

I don't think that's a strange idea at all! I guess plushies would be okay
Since you're reading this...
Am I the only person who can juggle here?
Wolves are boss.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Wasn't this topic brought up in the past? As good as it sounds, as everyone else has mentioned, it will be difficult to put together.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
GarrisonSkunk

Post by GarrisonSkunk »

What about figurines like the ones the Chaps Brothers sell of the "Homestar Runner" cast?
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

GarrisonSkunk wrote:What about figurines like the ones the Chaps Brothers sell of the "Homestar Runner" cast?

You mean like little plastic models or something? That would be lot a cheaper.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

That would still require a bit of work, but don't know exactly what that entails. Obviously someone needs to make molds of so many different characters (a few could be made at first, though), all of the casting materials, someone to actually sell them. Like the idea, though.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Again, Rick has looked into this. The long and short of it is that what Rick is currently doing for merch is as much as he can do guys.