Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by Seth »

There're spots open in Applegate. Fair warning we have a tendency to stall every so often. But if you're willing to put up with it you could jump in as soon as we start a new day.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Hi Zack.
Fancy seeing you around here.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

*rolls around on the floor*
Mmmmm.... Apparently, everyone waits on me when it's my turn, but when I do all my posting, the world stops... I don't even have other people's characters to read now...

Oh well, at least it's not sucking up my time...
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Hotep the psychic

Post by Hotep the psychic »

*casually walks in* haters gonna hate. I too have lots of time on my plate. I'm now stuck reading books between everyone's post. Well what can you do its the way of life.
ImageImageImage
DRAGON EGGS!!! Click them!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Hey guys It's midterms time for me and I'll be at my parents house and without the benefit or wireless internet over spring break. My posting pattern is going to be really sporadic for the next 2 weeks.
Sorry guys you'll have to do without me for a bit or just wait for me to come back.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been posting lately >_<
I've been trying to cram for tests and this academic competition on Friday.
I should be bak to postin on the weekend-ish. I apologize again.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

heh, I was just about to ask what happened in TR...
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

-Name- Oliver

-Species- Dog (Breed Unknown)

-Age- 11 Human years

-Neighbourhood- Haven

-Appearance- Light brown fur and orangey brown eyes. Plump belly (Due to appatite). Purrple collar Tag: Has O on it. Dosen't wear clothes. Pale nose colour. Likes adventure in the streets.

-Personality- Loves to eat, sometimes gets crazy. Cool around most cats. Lazy but sometimes playful.

-Other notes- -Loves to act innocent

-S.P.E.C.I.A.L- Strength: 8
Percipation: 6
Endurance: 3
Charsima: 5
Intelegence: 3
Agility: 2
Luck: 3
Last edited by Tiger on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Oliver!
[url]file:///media/archive/tweenui_wowr131c8e.zip/index.html[/url]
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Uh, dude. I don't think you're supposed to recreat a canon character.... I think...
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Yeah, these are supposed to be original characters... Cannon Characters should only be used in Fanfiction...
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Yeah, these are supposed to be original characters... Cannon Characters should only be used in Fanfiction...
Is it ok if I change the name?
Oliver!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Why would he have a collar with a T on it if his name is Oliver? You might have to change that too. XP
Or, alternatively, you could create a story for it, get inventive with it. Whatever floats your boat.
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

Gotta change that too :mrgreen:
Oliver!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Tiger wrote:Gotta change that too :mrgreen:
also, did you actually read the neighborhood description for Haven? you wrote a character who seems to be a happy pet and intend to enter him in a neighborhood of ferals, strays, and runaways.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Tiger, you may want to go back and look over some of the guidelines and explanations in the first post of this thread....
Tiger

Post by Tiger »

Will do :)
Oliver!
Turanis197

Post by Turanis197 »

New to this whole RP'ing thing but I've always been a good writer and this all seemed very interesting so I thought "Why not!" :D
Here's my character sheet and everything. Question is to get into a neighborhood I have to post on their page to ask right?

Name:
Allochka (Russian name) / Bear (English nickname)

Breed and Species:
Dog - Male (Caucasian Ovcharka)

Neighborhood:
Recently arrived to america from Georgian mountain ranges in Russia, still no permanent home.

Appearance:
Large even-tempered dog with a naturally powerful and muscular body, rough bear-like face, oval dark eyes, round-shaped cropped ears
and low carried tail. Thick water resistant coat with dark-grey back, muzzle, and ears with a light-tan colored underbody. Sports an old
tattered leather collar with a metal plate engraved "Bear". Along the right side of his muzzle a long, diagonal faded scar runs across his face...
Bear stands an intimidating 28 inches tall when on all fours. Along with his height, Bear weighs nearly 127 pounds and has grown in physique throughout
his life in the Russian mountains fighting off coyotes and wolves alike to protect his owner's (Father's?) livestock. Ovcharka are a vicious breed, powerful
and enduring, and are clearly not to be taken lightly in a fight...

Personality:
Allochka, or "Bear" for those who don't speak the native Russian tongue, can come off to some as rather intimidating; Though true his appearance and
size can make even the largest of foes uneasy, Bear has lived his life as a timid, protective, and helpful old mutt. Despite his act as caretaker in the past,
Bear is liable to act rather serious and straightforward (Don't forget hard-headed...) when met with those who aren't already his friend. Regardless of his serious,
battle-worn appearance, Bear always did what he could for those he didn't despise, he would fight for a stranger as soon as he would fight for a piece of beef. Back on his old
farm in the mountainous regions of Russia, Bear acted as a watchdog of his owners livestock and protected them from whatever form of monstrosity that could emerge from the
nearby woods. Bear's past, however, is a tragic one, and he is unlikely to speak of it to someone he isn't close to. With his past behind him, Bear is still the same old trust-worthy hound
he was in his golden years, and is always keeping a close eye on his companions. Though thriving in life experience, Bear's intelligence never surpassed that of the average "Pet", for
he had always lived with the hunter (His owner) and rarely met with other dogs (or even cats for that matter.) which left him a tad bit "uneducated" but
still smart enough to know the difference between a tree and a twig.

Other notes:
-Bear walks with a slight limp on his left hind-leg due to his injuries in the past.
-Bear's new owner tends to call him by his Birth name rather than "Bear"
-The metal plate on Bear's collar was hand-carved by his previous owner and has great sentimental value for him...
-Enjoys the winter and walking around new-found neighborhoods to see what there is to be discovered.

Special:
STR-10 "There's a reason I am known as 'Bear'..."
PER-6 "Hunters get old, and so do their senses."
END-9 "Years in the Russian tundra have made me who I am today."
CHA-7 "I always keep a close eye on my companions."
INT-4 "I never was the sharpest blade in the shed... That's a metaphor right?"
AGI-2 "What did you expect? I'm built like a tank and as slow as one!"
LUC-4 "I never truly believed in all that luck nonsense, but if I did, I suppose you could call me one lucky Ublyodok!"

I think I did this right, if not please tell me so I can fix it :D
Last edited by Turanis197 on Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:30 am, edited 4 times in total.
Hotep the psychic

Looks good. But im not the one to take an answer from youll need brent or raccoon for the go. And welcome to the forums.
ImageImageImage
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

wrong. I have no more power in this section than you do other than some pull with the current RP mods and global mods.

plus, characters don't even need mod approval, they need approval from the GM of the neighborhood the player intends to join.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Yeah, like Brent said, he has to pick a neighborhood, and the GM can decide if they want the character.

It's actually a really nice sheet though: nice and descriptive, and very interesting from what I can tell. You shouldn't have any trouble getting into a neighborhood, even a picky one like like RV or BsM...
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Turanis197 wrote:New to this whole RP'ing thing but I've always been a good writer and this all seemed very interesting so I thought "Why not!" :D
Here's my character sheet and everything. Question is to get into a neighborhood I have to post on their page to ask right?

Name:
Allochka (Russian name) / Bear (English nickname)

There already a russian dog in RV, that you can interact and talk about the home land with. :P
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5
Hotep the psychic

there's also a Russian in BPS to chat with too.
ImageImageImage
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

Sadly no Russians in RA...
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hey guys. Just wanted to tell you that I might not be postin here for awhile. School's getting pretty hectic with the workload and whatnot... So until I come back, all my characters can be considered 'away' or somewhere else so as not to stop any arcs that are going on. So err, yeah. ^_^

(Quick question: should I make a 'temporary leave' post for my characters?)

Ref Ref!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Maybe, but if you can, you might want to try to post for Terra Ridge, seeing as it can't go on without you...
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

K, I'll try to post when I can.

Ref Ref!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Hello, ladies and gents. I'd like to jump back into the roleplaying section, and I was wondering what threads had openings. I'll admit that I'd like to jump back into Richardson Valley, but I don't think I deserve to just be given a spot if none exist. Overall, any spot is fine by me.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Esper
20th Level Paladin

Post by Esper »

RA has many openings
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Applegate has openings and is about to start a new day.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

RV probably has room for you.
I also think BsM would benefit from your presence, so that's open too. (BsM doesn't have "slots", only scrutinous entry requirements)
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:RV probably has room for you.
I also think BsM would benefit from your presence, so that's open too. (BsM doesn't have "slots", only scrutinous entry requirements)
I can do both, two characters isn't too difficult.

I've been looking over RV, and I think I'd like to jump into what's going on. Let me also just check out BsM.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

Shoot i wasnt able to post soon enough to say, that EA could always use a fresh face.
Yes, I am a furry.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Sorry to anyone who's waiting on me. I've been busy working on an international project with some hard-to-contact Europeans and Middle-Easterners with little skill in the subject, and the mod stuff I've been having to do comes first.

I'll try and post more tomorrow, while I'm waiting for a Pakistani to get off his butt and come talk to me...
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

hi guys , completely new with this RP thing , but it seems fun so i thought I'll give it a try with the character sheet :D
-Name-
Serenade "Mercury" Gla'cier
-Species-
mutated arctic fox , female
-Age-
7 human year
-Neighborhood-
Applegate
-Appearance-
A slim , slightly tall (around 1.6 meters) light blue fox with white fur around her muzzle and the tip of her seemingly oversize tail, which in reality is 8 separate tails carefully come together to form what looks like a single one , Serenade only reveals their true nature when engaged in a big fight or fell unconscious . Her sharpened claws ,green eyes and 2 fangs stick out from her upper jaw give Serenade a somewhat intimidating appearance at first sight . She also wears a sapphire pendant that shaped like a crescent moon , with a long reddish bandage wraps around her left wrist , running up to her elbow , and an old cloak to hide her tail.
- Personality -
Appeared to be an easy going type , Serenade is , most of the time , willing to make friends with any animal who’d like to do the same . Likes to relax in the day by resting under a big tree , or just hanging out with her friends, either way works . She always willing to help , but will only do so if asked or if she feels that someone really needs help .Also an optimist , she’ll usually tries her best to look on the bright side of things , even in the “doomed if you do , doomed if you don’t” situation . Hates fighting and will try to avoid it as much as possible , combine with her tendency of going along with what others agreed on instead of voicing her own opinion might make her seems like a pushover at times. However , these personality traits will be replaced by a more serious side when she face something important or her friend is in danger. When this happen she’ll become a bit protective , and will do everything she can to protect others from harm , including risking her life . Under certain , and unwanted situation , she might become overly aggressive , to the point of ferocity , this is also the reason why she don’t want to fight in the first place .Duel to an incident in the past , Serenade also a bit distrusting toward human , but she can still tolerate their presences.
-Back Story- (warning : wall of text , grammar fail and possibly mega confusion up ahead , read at your own risk :lol: )
Was a normal arctic fox who wanted nothing more than a quiet happy life with her beloved mate , Hidon , Serenade’s life took a tragic turn in her 3th year when a group of scientists come to capture the animals for their experiments . Hidon , along with many other brave animals , was lost in the struggle , while Serenade and the rest was captured . Through many genetic experiments , her body changed into what it is today . Unfortunately , nature’s course is something one can not simply alter , and the poor fox ended up just another failure to be “removed” duel to her body’s inability to adapt to the changes . Waiting for her final moment in the dark cage , there’s only one thing in Serenade’s mind , a final wish : to be able to do something , to save the others from the similar fate . Just when all hope seems lost , a spark of light came to her , offer her a second chance to fulfill her wish , in exchange she has to promise to try her best to bring happiness to everyone around her , and not to harm any beings unless necessary. As soon as the deal was made , a new life force flow through her body , stronger than ever . Using the very strength those scientists intended for her , she broke out and set the other animals free . But not everyone was that lucky , there was nothing she could’ve done for the subjects that were before her . That heartbreaking sight only bring the painful memory of Hidon back , and with that , despite what she had promised , the now vengeful fox began to decimates the nearby towns in her search for the criminals . But even a bio weapon like her can’t go head on against the human’s special forces , and she finally lost after less than a month . Exhausted and badly injured , Serenade escaped to a remote river bank , where she was found by a lonely old farmer . He took care of her , and , despite her objection of ever becoming his pet , named her “Mercury” because of her fur ,and he found her near a river .
The next 2 years was the happiest days Serenade could’ve ever imagined . She learned a lot from the farmer , and tried her best to help him in return , and before she even noticed it , they were already like a father and his child . Sadly the farmer eventually passed away of old age , leaving Serenade with one final wish : for her to find a home , to live a happy life as he was . So after giving her “father” a proper resting place , she once again set on a new journey , this time without hatred , without pain , just hope for a new sanctuary , and perhaps some answer , while keeping the name “Mercury” to remind her that “maybe , humans aren’t all bad” . Eventually her foot leads her to applegate , a new pet friendly community , and with that , a new opportunity
-SPECIAL-
STR - 4 ~ 10
PER – 9 ~ 4
END – 8 ~ 5
CHA – 4 ~ 3
INT – 6 ~ 4
AGI – 8 ~ 10
LUCK – 3 ~ 3
-Other Notes-
+Being an experimental bio weapon , she has enhanced senses and the ability to shift into a more vicious version of herself by a taste of her own blood (kinda like DID , but it’s voluntarily) , the 2nd numbers on the SPECIAL stats is what she’s capable of in this state
+The strongest part of her body is actually her tail(s)
+Her usually high Perception is mostly duel to her ability to sense almost everything around her(but not how people think or feel) , especially when she’s resting , with her eyes closed , this however is greatly affected by the bloodlust in her 2nd state making her only focus on her target and thus easily blindsided , the same happen with her INT .
+She only has 10 minutes after the 2nd state starts before collapse from exhaustion (END 5), and once it’s started it can’t be stopped
+Likes to take a bath in a lake or a river in the night
+Hate loud noises
+she has a very limited cryokinesis
+good at remembering sounds/songs and can mimic them on a piano
+able to defend herself in hand on hand combat , but much better at using bow
Last edited by Serence Frostbite on Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:24 am, edited 9 times in total.
musclecar326

Post by musclecar326 »

looks like a good character. It would be almost perfect of Exotic Acres but I don't know how well she would work with her "powers" there. She would do best at somewhere with similar pets that have magic powers or other things like that.
Yes, I am a furry.
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Yeah, this looks like a nicely detailed character sheet. As Musclecar said though, the magic powers bar you from a few neighborhoods. You don't seem like you'd be interested in them though.

I'd suggest BPS, RG, BsM, or maybe SP or Ag, though I don't know what the level is of those last two. Just look into those and ask the GM to join when you pick one....
Cam-Mac

Post by Cam-Mac »

-Name-
Clyde Perry
-Species-
Domesticated red fox

-Age-
4 human years/14 in pet years

-Neighbourhood-
nothing... yet :3
-Appearance-

Clyde is a young, short but slim red fox. He has the usual markings: red fur with a grayish-white belly, a white-tipped bushy tail that drops to his ankles, black ears and black ‘stockings’ on his hands and feet. He has silver eyes that seem to have no detectable color. His collar is a simple strap of blue leather with a dangling ornamental feather: the fox doesn't know what type of bird it originated from, but it’s a deep brown color. He usually has a glad but curious expression, especially around other pets. His favorite food is cherries, or anything cherry-flavored as an alternative.

-Personality-
Clyde is a quick – thinking fox, used to being left to solve problems on his own. He is very patient around other people, and not quick to voice his opinion, but when he does he can be irrational, or rude without intention. He is quite the introvert; an indoor pet despite his lineage and species, he likes to spend his time reading sci-fi novels or playing video games; he’s a real quiet kid. Clyde is a self-proclaimed film expert: if it’s on a shelf at the video store, he’s seen it. The fox is content with his way of life, but he certainly wouldn't object to a little adventure (unless it involves anything majorly physical.)

-Other Notes-
Clyde has never been sure of his origins, having been brought up in the suburbs his entire life. All he knows is what his owner, Reed Perry, has told him. Reed is a single man in his 30s, with an office job in Edge City. Clyde lives, for the most part, alone. Because of this, Clyde is secluded, and quite independent despite his age.
Reed found Clyde as a newborn back in his previous job as a park ranger in (insert hometown here). He had a collar put on Clyde's neck from the first day, so the fox hasn't known much of anything outside of domestic life. They share a steady, father-son like relationship, but the distance between then has recently affected the fox’s mood a lot.
Reed’s job has very good pay. Clyde can easily afford what he wants, and lives in a sizable home. The fox attends social events, like D&D’s and conventions, without hassle. He eats out at Wendy’s every other day, as he can’t cook very well and doesn't have much liking for pet food.

-SPECIAL-
Strength: 3 – “I have trouble lifting my toothbrush in the morning.
Perception: 8 – “Hey! I saw you do that!
Endurance: 4 – “*pant* Gotta… keep… up! *wheeze*
Charisma: 7 - “People seem to really like me for some reason. Hey, care to go to Wendy’s after this? And watch a movie? I’m buying. Don’t worry about it.
Intelligence: 9 – “Sh, I’m thinking.
Agility: 5 - “…Is that bad?
Luck: 6 - “I got two gumballs from the machine - with one quarter? Wow…
Last edited by Cam-Mac on Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

serence ice fox wrote:hi guys , completely new with this RP thing , but it seems fun so i thought I'll give it a try with the character sheet :D
-Name-
Serenade "Mercury" Gla'cier
-Species-
mutated arctic fox , female

Ok to be "That guy" and toss the wet blanket...

#1, I thought in the general rules, stats couldn't change, at-least not by more than one.

#2, is it wise to let a newbie, play a super powered character as there first?
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Foxy Brown (Zootopia) - M - Coyote/RedWolf: Str-6 Per-7 End-6 Cha-4 Int-8 Agi-7 Luck-4
Keeshah
Game Master

Post by Keeshah »

Cam-Mac wrote:-Name-
Clyde Perry
-Species-
Domesticated red fox (if that’s allowed)

-Age-
4 human years/14 in pet years

-Neighbourhood-
Brookshire Meadows, in the suburbs, quite distanced from the Reserve
(this is my preference, I’m not officially in a neighbourhood yet, and I’m new to RPing)
-Appearance-

There have been several domesticated foxes in RA before, including the current one.
Cam-Mac

Post by Cam-Mac »

Keeshah wrote: There have been several domesticated foxes in RA before, including the current one.
Okay, cool. Thanks. I'm just bummed out that it wasn't an original concept :(
Last edited by Cam-Mac on Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.