#arc 67 Love and War

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
GameCobra

Re: #arc 67 Love and War

Post by GameCobra »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:If she just ran into him, why would she have said she was going to cancel? That means there was something to cancel.
She was going to cancel dating dogs after talking to Fox.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

And this, people, is why it's not a good idea to ship. They barely had time to get to know each other that way. Ironically enough, Sasha is now with one of the only someones I would have wholeheartedly supported her getting with. :? <head detonates>

On the one hand, I AM feeling quite sorry for Fox. In a way, he set this WHOLE thing up, first by giving Bino the idea to make him look good, then by giving Sasha the confidence to keep going. Destiny is unkind... My REAL worry is how he will handle this. He doesn't seem the type to get angry, bitter, and jealous, and he's never believed in abandoning friends, but this hasn't happened before. I've thought that he might get jealous of King and Bailey, and thereby hurt his relations with THEM. Time will tell...

Bino, on the other hand, will be more angry that Sasha didn't come back to him, and will likely blame Fox for the whole thing. AND he doesn't really love Sasha, methinks. Not like she deserves. He was always thinking of the WRONG things she was or could have been doing. And up until now, he never cared enough to get her a REAL gift. Just when he started growing up. A shame. :( The bigger shame is that he'll probably push Fox into screaming at him about how self-centered and jerkish he is, giving him a long-overdue The Reason You Suck Speech. After which Fox finally goes against his character, tells Bino to shove off, and gets MORE depressed. And if that's true, Rick was right in his predictions. Nice job breaking him, writer! :P :roll:

HowEVER, I cannot help but be DELIGHTED for Kevin and Sasha!! :D They are practically perfect for each other! That, and now Sasha's dad had better straighten out, or there may be a harsh TACKLE in his future. :lol: Kevin will protect her, and there will be genuine affection, I'm sure. And IF, IIIIIF this is permanent, I just became the happiest I may ever be for Sasha. :D

However, time will tell there, too. After all <sings>:

Sasha è mobile
Qual piuma al vento...

EDIT: AND I've got a few songs on my mind PERFECT for this. :roll:
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Well, looks like everyone got their just desserts. Bino lost the girl he never wanted, Fox got his heart broken for trying to break another's, and Sasha gets a somewhat happy ending with a police dog! Go Sasha and Kevin!

Umm.... what is Kevin wearing? :lol:

I hope this is not the ending.... :?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

copper wrote:Umm.... what is Kevin wearing? :lol:
A cape! :mrgreen:
He's now TackleMan, err... Dog
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Perhaps Rick drew it that way to be symbolic of Kevin being Sasha's Knight in Shining Armor?
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm pretty sure it's a scarf. It's cold out.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TheFoxWolf

Post by TheFoxWolf »

Sleet wrote:I'm pretty sure it's a scarf. It's cold out.
Given all the surrounding confusion he sure wears it well though, doesn't he? :>
valerio

Post by valerio »

Kevin's such a goofy, puppy-ish superhero :3
Gren

Post by Gren »

Well, I'm not going to say "told you" because it's clear enough that a lot of us saw this coming. However, I'm not going to be negative with this, because I think Sasha found the perfect match for her (the feminist with the macho man, hahaha). Besides, as someone said it before, this is like a Grapenut v2.0, so then it's for sure this will be material for new arcs and probably Fox and Sasha will gain more prominence between the cast (though they are not much of my like, so I'm not too happy for that XD).

As also someone else said it before, the most probable ending of this arc will be Bino blaming Fox for the failure of the plan, and then Fox hitting him. Or another one could be with Fox going to tell Bino the failure of the plan when Bino say to him it doesn't matter because he also found another girl (ahem Duchess) and then Fox smash his head against the wall :lol: .

I think this arc was with the purpose to leave the way open to Bino so he could go after Duchess. However I suppose this not going to be easy for Bino since he is a mutt, and it's most likely Duchess only puts her eyes (and love whip) in pure-breed dogs. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we see Duchess being interested in Fox. Fox trying to attract Sasha, Duchess trying to haunt Fox and Bino trying to sabotage Duchess (and Kevin trying to tackle everyone). We'll be witness of the most weird pentagon of love.

This was the first thing that crossed my head when I thought this XD
ImageImage
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Gren wrote:Well, I'm not going to say "told you" because it's clear enough that a lot of us saw this coming. However, I'm not going to be negative with this, because I think Sasha found the perfect match for her (the feminist with the macho man, hahaha). Besides, as someone said it before, this is like a Grapenut v2.0, so then it's for sure this will be material for new arcs and probably Fox and Sasha will gain more prominence between the cast (though they are not much of my like, so I'm not too happy for that XD).

As also someone else said it before, the most probable ending of this arc will be Bino blaming Fox for the failure of the plan, and then Fox hitting him. Or another one could be with Fox going to tell Bino the failure of the plan when Bino say to him it doesn't matter because he also found another girl (ahem Duchess) and then Fox smash his head against the wall :lol: .

I think this arc was with the purpose to leave the way open to Bino so he could go after Duchess. However I suppose this not going to be easy for Bino since he is a mutt, and it's most likely Duchess only puts her eyes (and love whip) in pure-breed dogs. It wouldn't surprise me at all if we see Duchess being interested in Fox. Fox trying to attract Sasha, Duchess trying to haunt Fox and Bino trying to sabotage Duchess (and Kevin trying to tackle everyone). We'll be witness of the most weird pentagon of love.

This was the first thing that crossed my head when I thought this XD
Ah, reminds me of the great Grapenut / GrapeMax shipping war of 2009.

The casualties were many, and battles were immense, and the shipping banners flowed.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Teh Brawler wrote:Ah, reminds me of the great Grapenut / GrapeMax shipping war of 2009.

The casualties were many, and battles were immense, and the shipping banners flowed.
It was the ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny.
good dogs and bad cats and explosions as far as the eye could see.
valerio

Post by valerio »

and friendships lost, alliances broken!
Just like in Italian Parliament!
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

valerio wrote:and friendships lost, alliances broken!
Just like in Italian Parliament!
And everyone aligned with either Sinder or Alex.

While Ebly laughed in the background.

/nostalgia
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Teh Brawler wrote:And everyone aligned with either Sinder or Alex.

/nostalgia
Don't forget Rick, too. =P
Rickgriffin wrote:I haven't answered because it's too much fun listening to you guys speculate
Granted, I can't let my guard down for a second with you guys though. The minute I try to relax ~ Boom! Grape and Peanut.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

GameCobra wrote:
Teh Brawler wrote:And everyone aligned with either Sinder or Alex.

/nostalgia
Don't forget Rick, too. =P
Rickgriffin wrote:I haven't answered because it's too much fun listening to you guys speculate
Granted, I can't let my guard down for a second with you guys though. The minute I try to relax ~ Boom! Grape and Peanut.
Fair point.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Gren

Post by Gren »

Oh my god, old creepy guys talking about the past *back away slowly*

Honestly, putting aside I don't care too much for romance, shipping and all that junk, I have to admit it's always funny see how the shippers speculate and fight each other day by day awaiting for the conclusion of this sort of mess just to be able to see who was right and then dance and jump in one leg meanwhile scrub it on others shippers faces (Nah :lol: ).

You know, even the facts recently happened, I'm still shipping King and Tarot. You know what they say, "hope is the last thing to die"
ImageImage
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Gren wrote:Oh my god, old creepy guys talking about the past *back away slowly*

Honestly, putting aside I don't care too much for romance, shipping and all that junk, I have to admit it's always funny see how the shippers speculate and fight each other day by day awaiting for the conclusion of this sort of mess just to be able to see who was right and then dance and jump in one leg meanwhile scrub it on others shippers faces (Nah :lol: ).

You know, even the facts recently happened, I'm still shipping King and Tarot. You know what they say, "hope is the last thing to die"
GIDAWF MAH BANDWIDTH YAH YOUNG WHIPPERSNAPPER
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Gren wrote:Oh my god, old creepy guys talking about the past *back away slowly*

If you say so! I just want to see how things play out in the comic now. King's story is getting interesting, the characters are mingling together perfectly and there's the whole pets meets humans philosophies.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Sinder wrote:Image
Is that in response to the comic or our nostalgia?
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Additional thought here:

I know it must hurt him, but you know what I hope? I hope that Fox is more the type to eventually, EVENTUALLY, be more happy that she's happy than to have her for himself. :)
TheFoxWolf

Post by TheFoxWolf »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Sinder wrote:Image
Is that in response to the comic or our nostalgia?
Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that when my childhood friend hatches a morally questionable ploy that I emotionally disagree with, it's never all right to simply sit idly by and do nothing while others get hurt. People make bad choices and occasionally have poor judgement, and sometimes there's nothing more someone close to you can ask for than a friend that is honest and speaks with his or her heart. You can save everyone a lot of pain and suffering - including your self.

Your favorite Housepets!™ character, Fox.

P.S - Why did my cousin have to be the strong one of the family?

I apologize extraordinarily to anyone that has a burning hatred towards MLP and anything that references it. I'm not one to usually rely on such ultra-popular memes, but I simply couldn't resist when I saw that picture of spike doing the 'friendship report'. In retrospect of writing this a part of me is also worried that this might come across as being too venomous towards Fox. If so, then I apologize on behalf of this as well. I truly do believe that he did the most mistakes in this arc (Such as sitting idly by while Bino's plan hurts Sasha, conspire to begin a relationship with Sasha after she broke Bino's heart on valentines day. . . .) but regardless, he remains my favorite character. Being intelligent, kind, and an animal I like that's named after my favorite animal makes him the greatest thing since sliced bread for me.

And I agree with you completely, Phoenix. I truly believe her relationship with Kev may be the best for all four of them.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Who wants to bet at some point in another arc or one off Bino and Sasha will inexplicably be back together? (I hope they don't though) Also this is leading to Fox blowing up at Bino eventually later in this comic.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Now everyone pities Fox... but not because of his luck, but because of his decision making.

Good one, Rick. =3

Fox: (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Duster

Post by Duster »

I like that Bino went straight to Duchess whilst Fox was trying SO hard to help Bino out!
It's great that Bino has someone who knocks him down a peg.
He looks kinda cute with that love-sick puppy crush he's got on Duchess!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I just like how Fox casually gets a kick in the butt for all his efforts, despite how much everyone wants him to succeed. But this definitely was a awesome, creative ending. =3

Only thing missing was Bino giving Fox a mop and bucket of water...
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Sorry, it was a little bit too tempting XD
Someday, Fox, someday... :lol:
Attachments
fox4.jpg
fox4.jpg (91.56 KiB) Viewed 14450 times
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
TheFoxWolf

Post by TheFoxWolf »

GeckoZY wrote:Sorry, it was a little bit too tempting XD
Someday, Fox, someday... :lol:
It's good for Bino's sake that Duchess was right there, otherwise I'm sure this comic would lose its PG rating. I guess I'll play the part of Captain Obvious and conclude that In the end, everybody won but Fox. Bino is unusually happy and adorable, we probably won't have to put up with him being a jerk ever again, (well, he'll be less of a jerk at least, I'm sure) and both Sasha and Kev get together.

For the time being, let us all weep over the destruction of poor Fox's soul.
shadowlord325

Post by shadowlord325 »

I must say this (and I REALLY must say this):

First off, what was the point in this arc?
As the arc progressed, the point seemed to wildly go from one place to another. Case in point:
  1. Bino's date with Sasha
  2. Attempts to salvage a relationship
  3. Potential hookup with Fox, then
  4. Breaking Fox (which appeared to be the main point after all)
When the last two strips came in, it seemed like the arc existed only breaking Fox to a point of near-insanity. Fox is regarded as one of the more likeable characters, but now, he lost a friend while not getting any form of relationship (although this is completely tolerable). I fear to see what is now going to happen to him in the future going forward.

Did Fox have to suffer for EVERY bit of this, when Bino pretty much egged him to do it?
which is why everyone else must make me look better in comparison.
This just feels like Bino didn't really suffer for anything while Fox took the full force of it all. Sure, he did implement the plan, but as Bino conceived it in the first place, I feel like something should have happened to him.

Even if nothing did happen, the least that they could have done is that they should have reconciled and took solace in the fact that they have both screwed up, losing someone potentially forever.

Again, I fear for Fox going forward in this comic.

HOW and WHY did Fox become friends with Bino in the first place?
With this latest strip, Bino has lost all redeeming qualities with anyone, including his soon-to-be-ex closest friend. From what it appears on the strips, Fox was lead to an emotional roller coaster that crashed, all for someone who simply jumped to another person for an inexplicable reason.

For simply trying to help, Fox, instead, ends up losing a friend and having his heart broken at the last minute. There may have been points in which he did deserve something, but he shouldn't have been burned the way he did. What is going to happen to him in the future? Furthermore, we still don't know Sasha's motive in writing the Dear John letter in the first place. I'd like to know now where all of this will potentially lead. Will Fox recover, or will he become next-in-line as Pete's avatar and lose even more friends, and, what will come out of this newly found relationship between Kevin and Sasha?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What friend did Fox lose, exactly?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

shadowlord325 wrote:will he become next-in-line as Pete's avatar
oh jeez, you're right. this kinda puts him in the running for that, doesn't it? though I guess he actually isn't pure enough to qualify for dream sunderer, but we've never seen his imagination in action. he does like to read, and the imagination of a reader is usually pretty good.
Sleet wrote:What friend did Fox lose, exactly?
I think he means Bino, making an assumption that he won't want to be friends with him after that dream.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
oh jeez, you're right. this kinda puts him in the running for that, doesn't it? though I guess he actually isn't pure enough to qualify for dream sunderer, but we've never seen his imagination in action. he does like to read, and the imagination of a reader is usually pretty good.
I don't think that's how it works, if he was a Dream Sunderer he would have always been one since he was born, because then why couldn't Pete just manipulate anyone to be a Dream Sunderer. Also I refused to believe Rick would have 4 Dream Sunderers just happen to be in the same Neighborhood with no explanation. (Heck 3 of them, two who happen to live in the same house, plus a Dark Paladin all happening to be in the same place for Pete to use with what appears to be no manipulation on his or Dragons part is IMO kind of stretching it already.) Plus if Fox was a Dream Sunderer Pete would have gone after him right away as he was unattached and would be stronger then King making fighting Tarot easier.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I must say this (and I REALLY must say this):

As the arc progressed, the point seemed to wildly go from one place to another. Case in point:

Bino's date with Sasha
Attempts to salvage a relationship
Potential hookup with Fox, then
Breaking Fox (which appeared to be the main point after all)

When the last two strips came in, it seemed like the arc existed only breaking Fox to a point of near-insanity. Fox is regarded as one of the more likeable characters, but now, he lost a friend while not getting any form of relationship (although this is completely tolerable). I fear to see what is now going to happen to him in the future going forward.

Did Fox have to suffer for EVERY bit of this, when Bino pretty much egged him to do it?
If anything's gonna come out of this arc, it will be in due time. I can think only this, because otherwise it was just a useless plot made to break Fox with no reason whatsoever. I mean, Fox sometimes is just like Andrea from The Walking Dead (the TV series) and Bino as the Governor. But he tried to act nice as usual and he got all the punishment. unfair Rick has been unfair this time.
Quote:

This just feels like Bino didn't really suffer for anything while Fox took the full force of it all. Sure, he did implement the plan, but as Bino conceived it in the first place, I feel like something should have happened to him.

Even if nothing did happen, the least that they could have done is that they should have reconciled and took solace in the fact that they have both screwed up, losing someone potentially forever.

The only remaining point was the birth of two new couples and get rid of the old love life dynamics for Bino and Sasha -which, admittedly, was something we really, really wanted. Again, Fox deserved better than this kick in the sheens.
With this latest strip, Bino has lost all redeeming qualities with anyone, including his soon-to-be-ex closest friend. From what it appears on the strips, Fox was lead to an emotional roller coaster that crashed, all for someone who simply jumped to another person for an inexplicable reason.
For simply trying to help, Fox, instead, ends up losing a friend and having his heart broken at the last minute. There may have been points in which he did deserve something, but he shouldn't have been burned the way he did. What is going to happen to him in the future? Furthermore, we still don't know Sasha's motive in writing the Dear John letter in the first place. I'd like to know now where all of this will potentially lead. Will Fox recover, or will he become next-in-line as Pete's avatar and lose even more friends, and, what will come out of this newly found relationship between Kevin and Sasha?
Fox and Bino were friends since puppyhood and it's clear that Bino was the subordinate to the husky, back then. A thing that changed when Bino took command of the GODC.
Fox doesn't believe in abandoning friends, so it's foreseeable that he'll keep hanging up with Bino, but this time avoiding accurately to stick up to the bad dog's plans. Otherwise, again, we better rename Fox 'Andrea'.
Sasha decided to break up with Bino, she did that other times, but this time instead of going to Fido she went to other boys. And her relationship with Kevin may be just the stablest she ever had, since Special K is just her match.
TheFoxWolf

Post by TheFoxWolf »

Anything in the quotes with colour is of my dialogue!
shadowlord325 wrote:I must say this (and I REALLY must say this):

1. Bino's date with Sasha
  2. Attempts to salvage a relationship
  3. Potential hookup with Fox, then
  4. Breaking Fox (which appeared to be the main point after all)

Fox is my favorite character, and I'm probably one of the only people in the world that doesn't actually hate Bino. For the record though, I'm also called 'Bleeding Heart' by some of my friends so I'm sure you can take a good guess what kind of guy I am from this.

He didn't deserve to be punished like he did, but I think that this arc is about his loyalty to Bino. I'll elaborate furthermore later on.

I don't think Bino did egg him on to do it though. From what I understand, Fox inadvertently suggested the idea and Bino stated his plan out loud. There was never any actual dialogue to imply Bino wanted Fox to actually do anything.

If you're speaking of Bino and Fox, then that was basically my second prediction for what would have happened. It's kind of sad that even when Bino isn't involved, he still manages to cause anger.

I had a friend betray me a lot of times and he didn't have a whole lot of redeeming traits. I can only speak from anecdotal experience, but I always found it hard to turn my back on my friend, no matter all the things he did to me.

Honestly, I'm just surprised that Sasha can write and I'm hoping the best for her and Kev. As for Fox, I guess my final conclusion is this entire arc is simply about his loyalty. Every single choice he made in this arc; his loyalty came into question. From initiating Bino's plan to trying to take Sasha, to even going out and delivering the news to Bino himself, his loyalty was always present. Heck, he even stated that his reason for still being Bino's friend was from his loyalty. Here's the real kicker though; If Fox never got involved, he wouldn't have suffered, and for the short time that Sasha had, neither would she. Bino would have been with Duchess (presumably not going ahead with his plan) and Sasha would be going on her date with Kev. (Because since Bino would have never gone ahead with his plan, she would have never been hurt in the first place)

Whether he remains friends with Bino or not, I'm sure from this point Fox isn't going to let his uncompromising loyalty make him suffer any longer. Bino's going to lose his backbone to Duchess meanwhile Fox is going to grow a spine.
Gren

Post by Gren »

Gren wrote: As also someone else said it before, the most probable ending of this arc will be Bino blaming Fox for the failure of the plan, and then Fox hitting him. Or another one could be with Fox going to tell Bino the failure of the plan when Bino say to him it doesn't matter because he also found another girl (ahem Duchess) and then Fox smash his head against the wall :lol: .
OH HO HO! What I won for guessing it right? *Maxwell grin*

Yup, to me this was the perfect ending this arc could ever have. And why are people worrying too much for Fox? You have to admit he deserved it a bit, and besides, as I said before, it's likely that we'll be seeing new arcs to mend all this mess. This is just a way to put the bit of drama that was missing in the comic. It's not like he is going to suffer forever and without any reason ¬¬ (seriously people, you know this isn't that kind of comic, come on, even Peanut get a girl in his worst moments)

Now I want to see Fox's crazy fangirl! :lol:
ImageImage
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Riiiiiight.... Love at first spite....

Darnit, Bino. You broke one of my favourite characters... Good F-rage face on Fox, though.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

....me thinks Fox lost like twenty percent of his sanity
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

IceKitsune wrote:Also this is leading to Fox blowing up at Bino eventually later in this comic.
One can only hope.
Argent

Post by Argent »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
oh jeez, you're right. this kinda puts him in the running for that, doesn't it?
(!)

(!)

Oh boy, I can see King's newfound loyalty to Fox making him go to Pete, "no, no, don't do this to Fox, I'll be your avatar."

"Sorry, Joel, too late, you're too late. You get Bailey, I get Fox..."

(corgi explodes)

valerio wrote: If anything's gonna come out of this arc, it will be in due time. I can think only this, because otherwise it was just a useless plot made to break Fox with no reason whatsoever.
At the start of this arc, there were two people in horrible codependant relationships with Bino - Fox and Sasha. Neither really seemed to recognize what it was doing to the, though Sasha seems to have been hiding it while Fox was completely oblivious. Now Sasha has an out, Fox has had to confront his, and Duchess and Bino deserve each other. I think this break will be healthy for both of them.

And... one final comment:

Just wait until Duchess gets a look at Bino’s “papers”.

“Why are these in crayon?”

“That’s not how you spell ‘kennel’.”
Last edited by copper on Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Do not double post, please.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Sten is really short.

And his breed confirms what his name is derived from now. xD