Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Beagle

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Beagle »

Trust me, math and science degrees are always in demand. Let's also not forget that college is my way out of here.

Joy: Got FAFSA done this morning. Got my expected aid package, and in three days I will know from the universities how much additional aid I will receive on top of federal money.

Joy: About to go out with my friends. It's gonna be a good day, you guys!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Got moved into a new dorm room because of a roach problem in our previous room and besides the fact that this room is bug free it's also got a higher cieling, which means the beds are lofted and me and my roommate have a lot more space.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I'll probably be able to get around to reading Redwall finally now!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow: well it looks like I ruined my phone. Gonna have to get all my friend's numbers again and go through all that crud. Which I totally have time for in the middle of midterms.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*Sigh*

Sorrow: I just got back to work after my sick leave, but i'm... still sick with my job. My job still needs customer service agents, but I know for a fact i can't handle the kind of customer service they put me on. I was forced to go home early today sick.

The way things are going, I'm going to have to give my job a final warning since i don't want to keep going to work and ending up sick from the calls. If they can't put me on another contract that i can work with, I might have to force myself to quit :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sorrow: MY paper for my film class is not doing wonders for my sleep schedule
Joy: I can sleep to my heart's content in a couple days when the weekend starts.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow: Late Tuesday night, a girl from the middle school I attended died in a bad car accident literally only a mile from where I live. I didn't know the girl, but the middle school kids and the high school kids ride the same school buses. It broke my heart to see my younger friends have that cold, broken look of anguish on their faces, the very same look my entire senior class was wearing last year as our own classmate passed away. Kids that are only 11-13 years old shouldn't have to go through that when they're that young.

To make matters worse, my best friend's little sister (who has become like my own little sister over the past seven years) was close to the girl in the accident. No, I couldn't stand getting on the bus yesterday afternoon to see my unrelated little sister with red cheeks and red eyes from crying all day.

The girl who passed away was also on the softball team at the middle school, and the accident happened on 2/26/13. I lost my own friend, a fellow softball player, on 3/26/12. My friend's (the one who passed away last year) little sister was on the softball team with this little girl. This means that on the eleven-month anniversary of her older sister's passing, she also lost her friend and her teammate.

My heart is breaking to see this kind of pain from those so much younger. This morning I got on the bus to see the empty look of eyes and emotions exhausted from crying that come with the second day. Just... gah. I don't know what to say.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*gives Beagle a big hug* :(
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh, wow. Very sorry to hear that, Beagle. Very depressing times they are =( *group hug*
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I mean, I'm sad, but I'm okay. It's the young ones that need support.

Joy: I figured out why I've felt so cranky and mildly depressed for the past week. I really dislike that I do not get to see my friends all day, being stuck with those ill-mannered and rude for seven hours a day, five days a week. When I'm not working, I'm spending the other four(ish) nights at home, stuck babysitting my parents. Seriously, I come home at 3:30 and if I don't retreat to my room fast enough, World War III will ensue for the next three hours. Again with the whole "they still treat me like a child" thing. My dad gets a rise out of upsetting me, thinking it's funny, while my mom goes ballistic over simple, daily tasks. No wonder I've been in such a foul mood. I haven't had any real quality time with my friends in a month. I ought to change that; it'll make me happier and get me out of this house for two weeks as I visit everyone.

Sorrow: Filling out additional financial aid papers and it's been even worse than the FAFSA with my mom. Huuuuurgh.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I never would have thought car accidents would seem to take so many lives.

That's two from Beagle's school, and I know there have been two car accident related deaths in my school since my freshman year. One of which happened two years ago over Thanksgiving break and took the life of someone that I knew. The pic I posted of myself in the Post pics of yourself thread was actually a day the senior class wore pink in her memory.

I hope things get better where you are Beagle. I fell really bad for that one girl. Just promise that if you ever need help with anything, you will get it from someone.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

JeffCvt wrote:I never would have thought car accidents would seem to take so many lives.
Driving a car is basically the most dangerous activity one can engage in. However, traffic fatalities have really declined over the last 50 years, thanks, in part, to the introduction of the emergency medical technician (in all grades, up to and including EMT-IV [Paramedic]) and the recognition of emergency and trauma medicine as specialties for doctors.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Just purchased this, I finally have a hoodie to wear to shows! And something to wear when I feel like getting weird looks on the way to class. : p
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.38 KiB) Viewed 8018 times
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The shirt that tends to garner the oddest reactions for me is one Rick designed, which I intended to show you, but is apparently no longer for sale anywhere I could think of. Nor was I able to find a picture of myself wearing it. Oh, well.

Am still considering Trashcan Warrior, which originally looked a little different!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I would suggest you do so. Blending in is lame.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Sorrow: A sudden heavy snow ruined all my weekend plans
Joy: I can once again throw snowballs at the car that always blocks the pathway. From my parent's apartment on the 10'th floor.
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Stressed: Leaving for a state wide science contest right now. Got a wooden crane arm, two gliders, and I can't say that I know what I'm doing. Wish me luck people.

I'm going to need it...
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think you'll do alright. Just relax, 'kay?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well, I've done two of my three events.

From what I saw, my boomilever (wooden crane arm) did alright. It didn't end up holding the full weight even though it did when I tested it am home, *rage*, it still did better than every other one I saw. One of them broke even before any weight was added. And the rest that still had to be tested looked either way too heavy to have a decent score or too light to hold a lot of weight. Even with the early failure, I think it will still do really well.

Now for the gliders...
One just utterly failed and after only 3 test flights I decided to just forget about it. (It was working just fine last night though...)
The second one preformed pretty average I guess. Since that's the only one I decided to do my official flights with, I should do sorta alright.

I have one more event still, but I don't know what it's really going to be like. Oh well.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Fear: My home state is being attacked by neighbouring Sulu rebellions, trying to reclaim Sabah from Malaysia. I fear for my relatives at the hot zones, even if actual fighting had not happened.

Pray it stays that way...

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

I heard, and I thought of you when I saw it was Sabah. :? You will be in my prayers.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Absolutely, Kuro. *hugs you*
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

kurowolfe wrote:Fear: My home state is being attacked by neighbouring Sulu rebellions, trying to reclaim Sabah from Malaysia. I fear for my relatives at the hot zones, even if actual fighting had not happened.

I certainly will. So sorry to hear this, kuro! :(
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

kurowolfe wrote:Fear: My home state is being attacked by neighbouring Sulu rebellions, trying to reclaim Sabah from Malaysia. I fear for my relatives at the hot zones, even if actual fighting had not happened.

The best of fortune to you and your family, Kuro.

Sorrow: I literally cannot keep my energy. I always lose it by the end of the day and my emotions are too strong lately. I'm exhausted.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

And you do get enough sleep, right?
McFly

Post by McFly »

Sorrow: Woke up with a pretty bad cold today, and throughout the day I had to deal with a headache and a backache.

Minor Joy: Starting to feel a bit better.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: New World of Warcraft patch! :D

Sorrow: ...Crap! New World of Warcraft patch! >:D

I'm probably going to be busy until May for a bit. But only because my family still plays this game =P
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

sorrow: So, whilst walking with a friend at about 11:30PM last night I saw a frog on the floor. My friend had left me at that point, and I just starred at it for a few minutes. It was dark, but the frog appeared to be breathing. After pausing for possibly half a minute, I decided to carry on my way. I always feel insecure about moving animals, not to mention the nearest large body of water was pretty far away for a frog. (10-15 minute walk, crossing several roads).

Today, roughly 12 hours later, I'm walking home from college and I see that exact same frog just a little bit further up from where I saw him last night. One big difference. It was obviously dead. After the initial shock, I've gotten to thinking a few things. Most importantly, if I had moved the frog, would it still be alive? Was it dead last night but I couldn't see? Should I just leave it now?

Perhaps the most interesting thought was how the frog got here. What was the frog's story? How did it get here? How did it die, and what was it thinking last night up to the point of death. Another part of me thought I was being silly for caring so much over a frog, but yeah. There's a lot of interesting things nobody understand about death. Even if it is a frog, it knows more than any of us about that area right now.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's not silly at all. It's another living thing just like you and me. It may not be as important as us, but it has its purpose. I'm sorry to hear it didn't live. :( But if it didn't move at all, I'm sure there was more wrong with it than just being away from the water. If it makes you feel better, I don't think it died because of anything you failed to do.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

44R0NM10 wrote:Perhaps the most interesting thought was how the frog got here.
It probably hopped there after or during a recent rain. Not as strange as the time my brother and I found a small frog in our kitchen a few years back. and Sleet's right, there was probably something else wrong with it, or maybe it was already at a point where taking it to the water wouldn't have helped. don't blame yourself.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Sorrow: Bad day.

Fear: Had an eerie series of dizzy spells early and late this morning. Like nothing I ever felt before. :shock:

SORROW: I can't relax. :( I CAN'T relax. :( Every time I do, things seem to happen. So I keep my guard up, and because I do, I just KEEP worrying. I'm fearful that I won't be able to handle what may be thrown at me. Why can't I just find a happy, stable spot and stay there? WHY can I not roll with things and RELAX?! :(
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: my professor gave us an extra week to work on a paper that was gonna be due wednesday.
Joy: He also cancelled our wednesday test and made it a take home exam.
sorrow: missed my first IM hockey game because of the aforementioned class.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

Joy: I finally got a job interview! It's with a hardware store and that's actually the job I've applied for recently that I actually preferred over the others. Gonna have to get my good clothes washed for tomorrow.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Phoenix, I'm a worry-wart too, but you gotta learn to find things to relax with. If you can't find anything to relax with, maybe you just havne't found something yet. Give it time!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Joy: I just heard back from my second university of choice. I got... I got a full ride! With no student loans! I'm so happy that I have tears in my eyes.

If Chapel Hill can do it, I'm sure State can too. Now if I hear back from State, I might have Niagra Falls coming out of my eye sockets.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: No medical school wants me and I have no job. I am literally the worst excuse for a productive adult I can possibly be at present. I hate being a failure. :'(
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

AWwww. I'm sure there has to be a reason </3 *hulkamania hug* (The best hug)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah the reason was my application wasn't good enough. Which means I have to fill another year trying to suck up to people rather than doing anything actually meaningful. And even then I might fail.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: No medical school wants me and I have no job. I am literally the worst excuse for a productive adult I can possibly be at present. I hate being a failure. :'(
You could be MUCH worse off, trust me. Just do what I do when I try to balance myself out, (eat a bucket of ice cream) sorry couldn't resist, no I count my blessings. I know it sounds simple but it helps me out when i'm feeling down. Buck up Sleet, its not all doom and gloom on your end right?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:Yeah the reason was my application wasn't good enough. Which means I have to fill another year trying to suck up to people rather than doing anything actually meaningful. And even then I might fail.
It sucks with jobs these days you have to have a history to go along with education. even if the education is your history at times, but people don't want to give it a chance. =\

Hopefuilly down the road you find someone that will look past that :)