DARN YOU TO HECK
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Re: #arc 67 Love and War

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

You got me on a ship, then sunk it with your canon. I hate you, Rick =P
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Duster

Post by Duster »

:lol: Such cruel irony!

Oh BTW Kevin looks awesome! Is it just me or does he look like a superhero with that long scarf and goggles combo?

Don't get me wrong i'm NOT happy that Fox is feeling down, but at least I can be happy for Sasha. Ignorance is bliss I guess?
I just hope Fox can come out of this arc a little wiser and stronger as a character. Hopefully in the future he can love again!
Last edited by Duster on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

This Arc is going to end with Bino getting mad at Fox for screwing up and Fox telling him off.
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Duster wrote::lol: Such cruel irony!

Oh BTW Kevin looks awesome! Is it just me or does he look like a superhero with that long scarf and goggles combo?
^same, I thought he was wearing a cape. XD
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It'S PEANUT AND GRAPE ALL OVER AGAAAAAAAAAAIN!

Kevin and Sasha. Hah.
Poor Fox. Guess it was too good to be true. =(

Although I oughta add ~ It isn't exactly the end for Fox and Sasha, but Kevin certainly is a keeper in this case. Clever one, Rick =P
Last edited by GameCobra on Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

NOOOO!!!! This cannot be... (Insert Sadness here)

It's like watching Leonard try to make a pass at Penny, then Chuck Lorre has some random guy appear out of nowhere and Penny say, "Oh, and this is my boyfriend, (Insert name)."

And even though Kevin looks pretty awesome in the scarf and goggles that makes him look like a superhero...

NO Kevin! Sasha cannot be your Lois Lane!!!
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

then Fox and Peanut went out and drank all the orange soda in town
ImageImage
ImageImage
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

This is sad but Sasha CRYING isn't? :?

But this is a slice of life. People aren't all on the same frequency.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Gbr23

Post by Gbr23 »

Well a lot of people here saw this moment comming ... Now Fox is in the Boulevar of Broken Dreams
ImageImage
Wanna check my DeviantArt ? Here you go!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Rick, your favorite game wouldn't happen to be Battleship, would it? :lol:

Thinking about it, Sasha is someone for whom you'd have to have mountains of patience to put up with on a daily basis. She's so good-natured, but she's just on some other planet when it comes to her thought process. I don't think I could handle that for too long.
Maybe it's for the best that Fox doesn't end up with her.

We'll see. *peery eyes*
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Obbl wrote:Rick, your favorite game wouldn't happen to be Battleship, would it? :lol:

Thinking about it, Sasha is someone for whom you'd have to have mountains of patience to put up with on a daily basis. She's so good-natured, but she's just on some other planet when it comes to her thought process. I don't think I could handle that for too long.

We'll see. *peery eyes*
Your implications don't resound well with my emotional state, Obbl.

This may mean blunderbusses.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Teh Brawler wrote:
Obbl wrote:Rick, your favorite game wouldn't happen to be Battleship, would it? :lol:

We'll see. *peery eyes*
Your implications don't resound well with my emotional state, Obbl.

This may mean blunderbusses.
Not owning a blunderbuss myself, this could be troublesome. :|

Very well, I accept your overwhelmingly persuasive argument... with doubts. :ugeek:
valerio

Post by valerio »

Sinder wrote:then Fox and Peanut went out and drank all the orange soda in town
haha, thinking the same thoughts here, man!
TheFoxWolf

Post by TheFoxWolf »

And now Fox is where Bino is, left with a broken heart. My main prediction was that Sasha was going to get back with Bino and they were going to continue the cycle. To be honest, I can't help but feel that this may be better. There is no guarantee that she won't just go back to Bino, but at least as things currently stands it gives promise that she may not follow the same patterns any longer. This arc was centralized around the relationship between Bino, Fox, and Sasha so I'm definitely putting my imaginary E-money that it'll end with Bino. Though to be completely honest, even with the Bino's role in the arc, naturally King and Bailey are barely less likely. Now given that my first post consisted of typing predictions in big bold letters followed by boring explanations, I guess I'll continue the tradition:

Prediction #1

End on a joke

It's an arc with Bino and he hasn't been injured or had anything taken from him. Bino's never making good choices, so it'll probably end with him saying/doing the wrong thing and Fox hitting him.

Prediction #2

Bino ending

Kind of fits because ending on a joke after Fox had his heart broken would probably be a tad weird. In this prediction, Bino does something right for once and manages not to get him self injured. Sharing each others pain, The two of them go out to watch 'Screaming Blood Cult VI'. They both lost Sasha, but they keep each other. And in a sense, I think this isn't just a good ending, but it's probably the best thing that can happen to Bino. What I said of Sasha being in a cycle also holds true for Bino. He too has a chance to break out of the pattern. But above all, after losing Sasha, at least he doesn't lose Fox. As much of a jerk he is, I can't help but feel sorry for him. He may have a lot of influence, but I'd be willing to argue that Fox is his only actual friend. It's true that parts of Bino linger in Fox causing him to make wrong choices and occasionally even *kind of* bully others, but on the same note I'm sure parts of Fox exist in Bino.

Just imagine how worse he'd be without Sasha and Fox. Oh dear.

Prediction #3

Fox Ending

Was prediction #2 too sappy for you? All right, here's number three. Fox shares his emotional pain with King/Bailey and they both console him. He lost Sasha, but at least he still has King and Bailey who will always be there for him.

EDIT - So after I finished writing this, I tried to submit it and for some reason I had to put in my name again. For a moment, I had thought I lost everything I had written. Fortunately, I hadn't and I just had to go back twice. This feature isn't in a whole lot of websites, and I just wanted to openly express my thanks to to the mercy and kindness of these forums. I was given another chance!

TL;DR

Predictions, predictions, predictions.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'd say it's most likely it just ends on that sad note. Considering Rick has a rule against strips without humor, it's not like it's going to end without a joke or anything.

That said, poor Fox! :( *hugs him*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

*King's residence*
-knock knock knock-
King: (Opens door) Fox?
Fox: Hey King! You wanna hang out, you know, do some male bonding? Have a bit a time just between us guys? Something that doesn't involve romance or females in any way whatsoever?
King: Fox... Are you crying?
Fox: MALE BONDING KING!!!!!!!
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Well, at least it's not Bino.

Can we at least get a consolation prize of him either (a) telling off Bino or (b) bonding with Peanut? Please? :3
valerio

Post by valerio »

in case of (a), it should be preceded by FACE!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Naturally.

Scenario: Fox tells Bino they failed, and she's hooked up with Kevin. Bino castigates him, then tries to pawn his chores off on him again to go on a date with Duchess. This pushes Fox to his breaking point. He kicks Bino in the shin, tells him off, quits the GODC and goes to hang out with King, Bailey and Peanut.

Maybe not the happiest ending, but still very satisfying. ;3
valerio

Post by valerio »

amen to that.
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I really didn't expect Kevin of all dogs. :o
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
valerio

Post by valerio »

angelusbr wrote:I really didn't expect Kevin of all dogs. :o
We had to.
Chick magnet + Dude magnet + (2 brains = 1 functioning) = the funniest couple of this comic :D
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

So...who else is seeing a "Who's dumber" contest between the couple :twisted:

Me thinks Fox is gonna end up hurting Bino...or King

Also :
'Sup twinkie!
I already disliked Kevin...it just intensified.
valerio

Post by valerio »

I don't see any reason at all why Fox should hurt King.
And Kevin is adorabobble.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I've always disliked Sasha as a character, but this definitely solidifies it.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

shadowlord325 wrote:Okay, THAT, I honestly did not see that coming.

WHERE did she get the time to find another date?
She did suggest the date was already arranged before the "date night" thing.
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:I've always disliked Sasha as a character, but this definitely solidifies it.
Why? She didn't really lead him on or anything.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Kitch wrote:
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:I've always disliked Sasha as a character, but this definitely solidifies it.
Why? She didn't really lead him on or anything.
She did ditch Bino without saying, regardless of how mean he is, and she does this kinda thing all the time as she pursues others like Fido. Not very likable to me. ^^;
shadowlord325

Post by shadowlord325 »

Okay, What just happened here? I'm sorry, but I just feel the need to vent in this regard.
  1. How did Sasha, in the course of one night, go on a full date?
  2. The last time she was seen, she went home for the night. During the same night, Fox had an epiphany about his feelings toward Sasha. One would figure that he would then be able to wake up the next morning when she got up and tell her how he felt, even if she rejected him then. [b]
  3. After what was said and done during the course of this arc, What does Fox have to fall back on?
  4. [/b]If one can recall, Sasha and Fox were talking about Bino during the course of their conversation. If one includes the epiphany, one would reasonably conclude that Fox now has a tension with Bino, and continuing on as friends will cause problems along the way. [b]
  5. If this arc does not end this week, what part of the story is left to tell?
  6. [/b]The way that I see it, there is one strip left, in which [url=http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IWantMyBelovedToBeHappy]Fox admits defeat with Sasha, and tells her to be happy[/url]. Either that, or discuss with Bino, the fact that the plan failed. [b]
  7. WHAT was Sasha's motive to send out the Dear John Letter in the first place?
  8. [/b]Certainly, there had to have been some level of thought when she sent that letter. Did she actually have thoughts of someone else when she wrote the letter? [b]
  9. Does Sasha have a preference for stronger dogs?
  10. [/b]I have noticed this pattern. First, Fido, then Rex, Yeltsin, and now Kevin? Clearly, there seems to be a pattern here.
I'm sorry, but I just feel like any form of character development between Fox, Bino, and Sasha was traded away for such a low-blow curveball.
valerio

Post by valerio »

How did Sasha, in the course of one night, go on a full date?
The last time she was seen, she went home for the night. During the same night, Fox had an epiphany about his feelings toward Sasha. One would figure that he would then be able to wake up the next morning when she got up and tell her how he felt, even if she rejected him then.
She had it planned already, presumably before Yeltsin did that phone call. She was *already* looking out for boys, remember? Although one could say that Kevin is way beyond B as she had planned to go in exploring possible candidates by their names... But, again, Sasha's sense of alphabet may be a little...creative :lol:
After what was said and done during the course of this arc, What does Fox have to fall back on?
If one can recall, Sasha and Fox were talking about Bino during the course of their conversation. If one includes the epiphany, one would reasonably conclude that Fox now has a tension with Bino, and continuing on as friends will cause problems along the way.
Well, it's not clear what's this arc is about. I could say it's been a bit dispersive: was it about Sasha? About Fox? Why leading us into thinking that Fox had a chance, only to crush us together with his heart? But of course, this arc could be the prelude to an important development regarding Fox's love life. So, I'll think of this 'L&W' as the start of something greater, to be developed with fun, calm and the usual dose of surprises :D
If this arc does not end this week, what part of the story is left to tell?
The way that I see it, there is one strip left, in which Fox admits defeat with Sasha, and tells her to be happy. Either that, or discuss with Bino, the fact that the plan failed.
Next may be a double strip, and Rick has shown pretty well already that he's capable of condensing many concepts in one update.
WHAT was Sasha's motive to send out the Dear John Letter in the first place?
Certainly, there had to have been some level of thought when she sent that letter. Did she actually have thoughts of someone else when she wrote the letter?
No, IMO. Fox said it clearly, Bino had underlined the concept and we had seen it: Sasha...likes to explore her options, her idea of romantic is a little volatile. She goes to Fido, Bino broods, Sasha goes back to Bino. This time she decided to expand her bouquet.
Does Sasha have a preference for stronger dogs?
I have noticed this pattern. First, Fido, then Rex, Yeltsin, and now Kevin? Clearly, there seems to be a pattern here.
She likes ALL boys (just like all boys like her, judging by the ton o'gifts she receives for Valentine!), so far Fido above them all. And let's admit it, Kevin is one chick magnet and about on the same level when it comes to mind-sharpness. Perfect match!
I'm sorry, but I just feel like any form of character development between Fox, Bino, and Sasha was traded away for such a low-blow curveball.
Must agree on that, but again something will come out of this. Something good for Fox.
Hopefully
Last edited by valerio on Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Prediction: Sasha dumps Kevin after he keeps mistaking snuggling for permission to tackle her
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Considering the "love" she got from her owner and from Bino, I'm not sure she would register that as abuse.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The last time she was seen, she went home for the night. During the same night, Fox had an epiphany about his feelings toward Sasha. One would figure that he would then be able to wake up the next morning when she got up and tell her how he felt, even if she rejected him then.
I'm assuming Sasha went to get some donuts for her owner late at night and met Kevin at the Donut Shop. However, from Sasha's perspective, it may not have been a date, but the two of them naturally assumed it was a date and... well, leading to today's comic.
shadowlord325

Post by shadowlord325 »

GameCobra wrote:From my perspective, I would assume Sasha went to get some donuts for her owner late at night and met Kevin at the Donut Shop. However, from Sasha's perspective, it may not have been a date, but the two of them naturally assumed it was a date and... well, leading to today's comic.
I don't know about that. She did say that she was 'going to cancel' the date.
Argent

Post by Argent »

Teh Brawler wrote:Prediction: Sasha dumps Kevin after he keeps mistaking snuggling for permission to tackle her
I was going to say, Sasha better be into tackling.
shadowlord325 wrote: I don't know about that. She did say that she was 'going to cancel' the date.
That's what I thought it meant, that she had a date lined up before all the shenanigans started.
Cinnamon "Sixtoes" Walton (M Pine Marten #B06060) @
Pitchpipe (F Jackrabbit #808060) @
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

shadowlord325 wrote:I don't know about that. She did say that she was 'going to cancel' the date.
Yes, but as she said, she changed her mind thanks to Fox's advice. Unless you mean it like Argent said that she already arranged a date with Kevin, but I don't think that was the case. Just sounds like she ran into him at the Donut shop and went from there.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

But if she was going to cancel "after last night", then surely she already had the date set up prior to the GODC mass date. Especially since Fox gave her the confidence to go through with it instead of canceling.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

GeckoZY wrote:
Duster wrote::lol: Such cruel irony!

^same, I thought he was wearing a cape. XD
That's not a cape?

*check*

Oh, you are right... :P
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Obbl wrote:But if she was going to cancel "after last night", then surely she already had the date set up prior to the GODC mass date. Especially since Fox gave her the confidence to go through with it instead of canceling.
Doesn't seem like she had dates setup. She wasn't clear what her method of searching was, other than she was going to go alphabetically, so it's safe to assume her dates didn't know beforehand she was scheduling. And from the sounds of it, it was just luck she met Kevin at the Donut shop.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

valerio wrote:
She had it planned already, presumably before Yeltsin did that phone call. She was *already* looking out for boys, remember? Although one could say that Kevin is way beyond B as she had planned to go in exploring possible candidates by their names... But, again, Sasha's sense of alphabet may be a little...creative :lol:
She was going by last name, putting Kevin Beauregard early in the list
GameCobra wrote:
Obbl wrote:But if she was going to cancel "after last night", then surely she already had the date set up prior to the GODC mass date. Especially since Fox gave her the confidence to go through with it instead of canceling.
Doesn't seem like she had dates setup. She wasn't clear what her method of searching was, other than she was going to go alphabetically, so it's safe to assume her dates didn't know beforehand she was scheduling. And from the sounds of it, it was just luck she met Kevin at the Donut shop.
If she just ran into him, why would she have said she was going to cancel? That means there was something to cancel.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets