Re: #arc 67 Love and War

Post by Seth »

The panel of sasha crying tugs at my heart strings way more than it should. : p
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz

Post by 0404 »

so, maayyybe Fox and ShaSha are gonna get closer and get in to real date and be in relationship?
Ps. I want Fox's Bandana. Really bad...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Seth wrote:The panel of sasha crying tugs at my heart strings way more than it should. : p
Probably because she's pretty much never sad.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
valerio

Post by valerio »

texascat018 wrote:so, maayyybe Fox and ShaSha are gonna get closer and get in to real date and be in relationship?
best marketing item 8-)
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

the deadest flower
ImageImage
ImageImage
McFly

Post by McFly »

texascat018 wrote:so, maayyybe Fox and ShaSha are gonna get closer and get in to real date and be in relationship?
Now it comes with Sasha's tears and mucus! :P
Karl

Post by Karl »

Well, I don't feel sorry for this girl. If she didn't pull out the bombshell called "Dear John Letter" on Valentines Day on her boyfriend, this dating thing would never occur. She would be sitting in a cinema, enjoying Screaming Blood Cult VI, but noooo, she had to get this wacky idea about dumping her boyfriend on Valentines in order to date other guys. Now she's paying consequences of her decision.

Bambi eyes, that's all. Nothing special.
I'm a bookworm!
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Sasha is capable of sobbing like that? :shock: :oops:

If she doesn't get like this because of her owner's treatment, I wouldn't have thought she had it in her at all. Or is it just that they dropped the straw that broke the proverbial camel's back? I guess everyone has a breaking point....

I have to admit I have a soft spot for that kind of reaction--I use it a lot in my stories. :(

Let's have some empathy here, okay?

(By the way, is this manga? What's with the ribbons of tears?)
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Duster

Post by Duster »

texascat018 wrote: Ps. I want Fox's Bandana. Really bad...
You can have it once Sasha is done using it :) .
Last edited by Duster on Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

ChewyChewy wrote:(By the way, is this manga? What's with the ribbons of tears?)
I'm pretty sure Rick's trying to go a bit more cartoony in the new style, and crying rivers that drown the whole world comes with that.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Duster

Post by Duster »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
I'm pretty sure Rick's trying to go a bit more cartoony in the new style, and crying rivers that drown the whole world comes with that.
I concur with Brent's statement.

Also Rick said that he was working on a rather short, but fairly detailed comic that is supposedly titled Roko. Of course I'm still fairly green behind the ears when it comes to Ricks other writing/art projects so if anyone knows more about it I sure could use some enlightening.

I'm still wondering about what could possibly happen that could have us hating Rick. Has that moment already come and gone or are we about to figure it out this coming week?
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Karlos wrote:Well, I don't feel sorry for this girl. If she didn't pull out the bombshell called "Dear John Letter" on Valentines Day on her boyfriend, this dating thing would never occur. She would be sitting in a cinema, enjoying Screaming Blood Cult VI, but noooo, she had to get this wacky idea about dumping her boyfriend on Valentines in order to date other guys. Now she's paying consequences of her decision.

Bambi eyes, that's all. Nothing special.
admittedly, she was at a fault in the PR department.
Do you remember last Valentine...or rather, what happened AFTER Valentine? Fox had to remind Bino about giving at least a present to Sasha.
And then Bino regifted her.
And we discovered that it was KING who had built a doghouse for her to be cozy when her dad would leave her out of his house, in the cold.
Sorry, Karlos, I am SO not with you on this one: Bino was humiliated on Valentine, not good. He deserved it, yes.

Unless my wacky theory is correct and Sasha is a heartless manipulator.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's not just a manga thing.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Karl

Post by Karl »

valerio wrote: Do you remember last Valentine...or rather, what happened AFTER Valentine? Fox had to remind Bino about giving at least a present to Sasha.
And then Bino regifted her.
Umm... the situation you're talking about did not happen on last Valentine. In the Not All Dogs arc, where Bino is being cuddles by Sasha, he mentioned that he got her a box with candy rings, and admitted he did that to not repeat what happened on the Valentine where he re gifted her. So he realized his mistake.

It's true that Bino was a jerk by re gifting her and deserved in comical way being exposed, making him realize entire arc how he sux. But he learned his lesson (in some way) and did not forget about her since. And this time, not only he wanted to give her a present, but also smiled, took care of his appearance and wanted to take her to a cinema.

Now it's different situation. It was Sasha who gave him the Dear John letter on Valentines as a gift, telling him she's going to have fun with other guys, not caring about him and his attempt to be nicer. Now she's paying her price of getting such idea ;p

But at least I finally saw someone crying like a fountain.
I'm a bookworm!
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Still, this is rather harsh, Sasha doesn't deserve this.

...I still say the John letter was simply Sasha's way of saying, "Im going to date other dogs then go back to you."
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Karlos wrote:Umm... the situation you're talking about did not happen on last Valentine. In the Not All Dogs arc, where Bino is being cuddles by Sasha, he mentioned that he got her a box with candy rings, and admitted he did that to not repeat what happened on the Valentine where he re gifted her. So he realized his mistake.
That was for her birthday, but you're still right that it wasn't last Valentine's since he says "that one Valentine's" instead of "last Valentine's" implying there had already been more Valentine's days since then.
Karlos wrote:Now it's different situation. It was Sasha who gave him the Dear John letter on Valentines as a gift, telling him she's going to have fun with other guys, not caring about him and his attempt to be nicer. Now she's paying her price of getting such idea ;p
It's true that it's a jerk move to break up with anyone, including Bino, on Valentine's day. But you seem to be assuming that Bino's attempt to be a better boyfriend started before this arc. For all we know, he was being his normal self up until this arc, and so her breaking up with him was based on the way he was acting before without knowledge of his plans. also, his "lesson" to remember to get her gifts was based more on self-preservation than an attempt to be a better boyfriend.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Oh, Sasha. :( :( :(

If I were there, I just might hug her. And then get a new shirt.

I feel sorry for her because of EVERY guy dog in the neighborhood (the K-9 squad or King not withstanding) being mean to her, and she really doesn't desrve this with her horrific home life. But I won't deny I've felt sorry for Bino too, as of late. I mean, first he loses his prize toy (something I unfortunately can identify with), and now, he TRIED to be nice, and Fox took note of that, but Sasha crushed that with her EVER-so-bubbly recitation of a breakup letter! :( It's like he could be in the "no good deed goes unpunished" way of thinking. :? He might act mean because he's jealous, self-centered, desperate to be respected, and because it works better for him than being nice. Heck, deep down, he might not be all that different from KING. :shock: (Except, you know, he's always been a dog.) MAN, the world can SUCK sometimes.

In reference to many above posts, there are a million things I could say about how I personally read a LOT into the comic and the fridge horror that could be lurking there, but that is not for this time. Plus, I'm trying to learn to trust that in the end, Rick will keep it Don Bluth.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

PhoenixAsper wrote:EVERY guy dog in the neighborhood (the K-9 squad or King not withstanding)
What about Joey and his creep freinds :oops: :cry: :evil: :oops: :cry: :evil:
Karl

Post by Karl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:But you seem to be assuming that Bino's attempt to be a better boyfriend started before this arc.
No xD Seeing him smile and calling his girlfriend Sashy (adding y after some time) was a contrary to me. It looked cute, too.
I'm a bookworm!
valerio

Post by valerio »

Karlos wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:But you seem to be assuming that Bino's attempt to be a better boyfriend started before this arc.
No xD Seeing him smile and calling his girlfriend Sashy (adding y after some time) was a contrary to me. It looked cute, too.
It WAS incredibly cute! But, as Fox had wisely pointed out in the comic before that, Bino caring for a Valentine was a first time.
And Bino's plan, of course, didn't even take into consideration Sasha's feelings....although, and it must be told, even Fox believed it couldn't be possible to 'kill her spirit'. I believe Fox wouldn't have gone along, had he known the consequences
Gren

Post by Gren »

Otaku-Boy wrote:
PhoenixAsper wrote:EVERY guy dog in the neighborhood (the K-9 squad or King not withstanding)
What about Joey and his creep freinds :oops: :cry: :evil: :oops: :cry: :evil:
the same for Peanut and any other dog who has a girlfriend.

And stop fighting for who deserves to suffer more. Both deserved what happened to them, and besides it wasn't THAT bad. They'll just going to get over this and put an end to their relationship and start a new one with someone else. This break up for sure is going to be good for both. However, I think this arc is gonna end without them having found their special ones (and that's why Rick said people gonna hate him). Honestly I don't see Fox being interested in someone like Sasha. Besides I doubt he could ever betray Bino that way, even if King is in the middle (and he is not).
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ohhhh man Fox doesn't mess around.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Fox pose in panel 1 wins!
Thank you for taking the story in this direction. Can't wait for more.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I kinda like Fox without his bandana. I dunno why!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Ok... So... I think all the predictions of "Sasha / Fox" from the beginning of the arc are about to come true. Even better, Bino is probably going to try to pull a "if you date her, we're not friends anymore!" on Fox, and Fox'll be like "That's fine, we don't really have anything to be friends over."

Either that, or Fox is gay, in which case, maybe Rex is the one for him?
(Oh, no, wait. Rex is a girl.)
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
Karl

Post by Karl »

Ahhh evasive maneuvers
I'm a bookworm!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Eh, don't get too happy, people. This ain't gonna last. Sasha's always been the flighty one. She'll go back to Bino soon enough. And then we'll hate Rick for breaking FOX, not Sasha. :? Or for doing this as a big shiptease. Just a speculation.
MapleRatty

Post by MapleRatty »

Either that, or Fox is gay, in which case, maybe Rex is the one for him?
(Oh, no, wait. Rex is a girl.)
We can only dream, and that fic was awesome on many levels

besides, Rex likes Daisy...couldnt resist sorry

Also, considering they are talking about how they why they stuck with/met Bino, Im pretty sure Sasha's going back to him
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

welp, won't be wearing that kerchief again

like, ever
ImageImage
ImageImage
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sinder wrote:welp, won't be wearing that kerchief again

like, ever
Sasha destroyed it. Poor Fox would have to look at television ads for cleaning products strong enough to clean leaking faucets... made of dogs.

And yellow is my favourite color too =( Granted though, I also like seeing him without it for awhile myself. His collar just seems to me to be the most plain and simple, which seems to draw the most attention towards it humorously enough. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Eh, don't get too happy, people. This ain't gonna last. Sasha's always been the flighty one. She'll go back to Bino soon enough. And then we'll hate Rick for breaking FOX, not Sasha. :? Or for doing this as a big shiptease. Just a speculation.
Well Rick did say he's going to make fans hate him...
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

What if Fox decides to teach Bino a lesson on being a better dog by hooking up with Sasha (knowing full well she'll probably fly on him too) and "abandoning" him too?

We haven't quite got to the "war" part of "Love and War". Maybe that's what instigates the war part.
Last edited by Macsen on Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karl

Post by Karl »

Sleet wrote:
PhoenixAsper wrote:Eh, don't get too happy, people. This ain't gonna last. Sasha's always been the flighty one. She'll go back to Bino soon enough. And then we'll hate Rick for breaking FOX, not Sasha. :? Or for doing this as a big shiptease. Just a speculation.
Well Rick did say he's going to make fans hate him...
Then we must spoil his plan!
I'm a bookworm!
Gren

Post by Gren »

Kitch wrote:What if Fox decides to teach Bino a lesson on being a better dog by hooking up with Sasha (knowing full well she'll probably fly on him too) and "abandoning" him too?

We haven't quite got to the "war" part of "Love and War". Maybe that's what instigates the war part.
Nah, I think the "war" in the title it was just to make reference to the common phrase "all is fair in love and war". Since only remain two more strips, I doubt there could be more conflict that what we saw until now. That's why I said the most probably is that no one gets hooked up with anyone. Then people gonna think all of this was for nothing and they will hate Rick (of course jokingly).
ImageImage
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Are you certain only two strips remain in this arc? I don't know that I've read that anywhere.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I think the part Rick was afraid of has already elapsed. Fox being manipulated to do Bino's work and Sasha bursting into tears about it seemed to make me wanna chuck boulders at one point. Can people throw boulders on the internet and not get hated? =P

As for the whole "Date your friend's girlfriend to teach him a lesson" Idea was what I had in mind at one point with Fox, but Fox comes off as the type of person that would avoid such a situation. However, there are circumstances now that he might not actually do it for Bino's sake, but to make it up to Sasha for going through with Bino's plan in the first place. The question is ~ Would it stick?
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gren

Post by Gren »

Dissension wrote:Are you certain only two strips remain in this arc? I don't know that I've read that anywhere.
Oh, sorry, it's just I thought that due to the time limit for the poll that Rick just posted today
"Poll runs till Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:14 am"
ImageImage
shadowlord325

Post by shadowlord325 »

I have to admit:

When I saw Friday's strip, I was under the assumption that Fox and Sasha would be together at the end of the arc.

After reading the current strip, that doesn't seem possible now. It seems as though that Sasha will get back with Bino at the end of this arc.

I don't know, though. If it were to happen, it would appear that the sabotage plan that nearly broke Sasha's spirits will have worked almost flawlessly. I feel that there must be at least some sort of retribution before she gets back with him.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

shadowlord325 wrote:I have to admit:

When I saw Friday's strip, I was under the assumption that Fox and Sasha would be together at the end of the arc.

After reading the current strip, that doesn't seem possible now. It seems as though that Sasha will get back with Bino at the end of this arc.

I don't know, though. If it were to happen, it would appear that the sabotage plan that nearly broke Sasha's spirits will have worked almost flawlessly. I feel that there must be at least some sort of retribution before she gets back with him.
I do think its likely that Sasha and Bino will get back together after this but I can completely see Fox developing feelings for Sasha.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Gren wrote:
Dissension wrote:Are you certain only two strips remain in this arc? I don't know that I've read that anywhere.
Oh, sorry, it's just I thought that due to the time limit for the poll that Rick just posted today
"Poll runs till Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:14 am"
He needs time to draw the strips.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets