HPU: Sunset Plateau

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

The Moon Howler

Re: Pet Friendly: Sunset Plateau

Post by The Moon Howler »

The moment Pain reached the edge of the forest, he stopped. The cat couldn't help hearing the vehicles during him reaching his destination, but he didn't care much - whatever happened to them creatures - they deserved every last bit of it in his opinion. Yet he had another objective - to find a secure shelter. And luckily in front of him he found what he was looking for - an old scary, 'ghost infested' type, never visited abandoned farm-house at the edge of the forest along with an old abandoned, scary barn. The buildings weren't too far from the settlement, but far enough for him to be able to make a secure shelter. An old dirt road (In bad shape) was connecting the farm-house with the asphalt road.
He moved out of the forest, keeping low and headed for the house. Even though the building was obviously abandoned for years, it was still in quite good shape, but most importantly - it was empty.
Pain got inside and got to the second floor. There he chose a room, which was cozy, had stable walls, floor and ceiling, and which had a view to the settlement. Once he was ready cleaning a small part of the room, he took off his costume and put his backpack as a pillow, using his costume as blanket. He didn't fall asleep though... just laying and staring at the ceiling.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

Housepets: Silver the Cat! fanfic

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch shuddered.

"Rikki, if it was them, your parents would have to have called the national guard by now," Mitch said. His father came back with the two guards. Both armed with crossbows of course.

"They are the least of our worries at the moment," Benjamin said, "You sure about not asking Rikki to stay?" Mitch nodded.

"I know better then to ask her not to help," Mitch said, then they followed Ezio.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meanwhile, Borues had thrown at least three barrels at the burning tree house. Which, sadly wasn't doing that much good. The flames were roaring down to the ground now. Borues then noticed the human vehicles.

"Oh lovely, bout time," Borues said.

"Pandas! Help the humans to the lake!" the shaman, Antaro, said. About seven left the line to assist. Then the tree house hissed, popped, creaked. And then it began falling.

"MOVE MOVE EVERYBODY GET BACK!" Borues yelled, not sure of which way it was going to fall.
valerio

Post by valerio »

In the garage, the man opened the gate with a remote, then jumped aboard the car. "Everyone aboard, gente! You're going to see what this ol' jeezer is still good for!"
Valiant sat up on the passenger side and snapped his seatbelt shut. He heard Belisarius doing the same a moment later. "The pandas between him and Rikki. Chieftain, sorry, this is going to be a rough ride."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch and the pandas followed the instructions exactly.

"My dear boy, we are ferals, we are the kings of roughing it!" Benjamin said, sitting where directed, "Now step on it! If you please good sir!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The tree house began to fall. Borues kept everybody moving back. Watching the tree house.

And then it fell towards the forest!

"NO!" Borues exclaimed. While Borues was a rather commanding Bear, if there was one thing he could care about it would be his forest. Somebody was going to pay dearly for this. The tree house fell at the entrance to the path. And smoke began blowing heavily in the direction of the town as the forest caught fire.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Elio turned on the engine. he left the garage and got on the road in a single maneuver, then accelerated so hard that the tires screeched and smoked against the asphalt.
By now, a big column of smoke could be seen coming from the forest.
Valiant was thinking furiously. Apparently, it was getting worse, soon more resources would be deployed, provided it wouldn't be too late for the pandas...
Something was nagging at his mind.
He was sure he had read something about a similar event happening, centuries ago...
The Moon Howler

A sense of danger make Will to break from his meditation. When he looked at the sky, he saw the smoke coming from the forest.
He jumped on his feet and was about to head to the house to call his father, when he heard the roar of an engine and a few seconds later a car (which he recognized) went through the road. He immediately rushed to the sidewalk and sprinted after the car, waving with paws and shouting "Halt!" and "Stop!" repeatedly.
I am The Moon Howler - the being with no exact form. I serve the Moon Goddess and in return, she gives me my muse and my shape.

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

"It's Will!" Valiant said, recognizing the mink he had saved from a fur trader in his early days at Sunset. "Dad, STOP!"
the car screeched to a halt. The Italian wolfdog leaned out the window. "Will! What's happening? We're going to the forest, fire emergency!"
The Moon Howler

"I wanna... join ya!" Will said, panting "I wanna help... preserve the forest... as well! Will there be a room for me?"

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

Valiant opened the door. "Just hop aboard! Sit on my lap! And hold tight!"
The Moon Howler

"Very well!" Will said and got in the car.

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

The car started with a renewed screech of tires.
"No more stops, guys! Chieftain, how can we be of help, once there?"
Valiant kept thinking.
A large part of the forest was also called 'the green lake', because it had grown, in the centuries, inside an old lake bed.
There had been a devastating fire, once, according to the records of the St. Abbot's monks who had lived there.
How had they extinguished it?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Jenny watched as the treehouse began to fall into the forest and she shuttered, this was very bad already and this was going to make it worse. She called out to a few of the firemen and AC officers who were transporting and pumping water from the lake. "We have to stop this part of the fire NOW! we can't let more of the forest light up then there already is." She said as she grabbed a bucket full and threw it on the newly started fire. Some of the firemen already had moved one of the hoses to the fire and began spraying.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"What's his deal?" One of the panda guards asked Mitch, thumbing to Valiant. Mitch simply shrugged.

"Hey Will, thanks for hopping in, we need all the help we can get," Mitch said to him. Benjamin nodded.

"And those catapults where the next thing on the list too," Benjamin mumbled angrily to himself.

"Getting water from the lake to the fire is the highest priority," Benjamin said, then he sniffed the air.

"Uh oh," he said, "I think the smoke is blowing our direction."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The wind then picked up and began blowing the fire towards more debris. Another tree caught on fire.

"Oh that cat is soooooo dead!" Borues said, hurling another sake' sized barrel of water to the flames.

"Okay, not dead, but he's going to pay for this!" He said, revising his statement after getting some looks from some pandas. The second tree was quickly being consumed and the flames were heading for another. The pandas were doing their best to quickly pass the barrels back and forth between the throwers and the lake.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The car stopped.
Valiant remembered! "I know what we can do!" then he quickly added, "Provided it's not just a myth..."
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

valerio wrote:The car stopped.
Valiant remembered! "I know what we can do!" then he quickly added, "Provided it's not just a myth..."
Lance looked into the blazing inferno in front of him then turned to Valiant. "I think we'll take anything at this point really. Whats the plan?" He said his ears and small tail drooping at the sight before him.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"The subterranean lake! the statue, the skeleton at the bottom... I got it all wrong, *they* are the solutions to this crisis! But we must hurry! Now!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Valiant!" Benjamin said to him.

"You had best hope that works," he said, "Otherwise we need another good water thrower. Mitch, you and Zhang should go with him. That way if he floods the village..." Another tree caught fire.

"Excuse me gentle furs and folk, I'm needed at the scene," he said, hopping out and heading for the fire thrower line. The other panda nodded to Mitch as he followed his chieftan. The one that was left, Zhang, looked at Valiant and Mitch.

"So what do we do?" he asked. Zhang had similar equipment to Mitch, the difference is that he had a green neckerchief.

Borues couldn't help but take a drink from the next barrel that was handed to him before throwing it. It seemed almost pointless. He saw Benjamin coming up to the line.

"What the fur are you doing?!" he yelled at some of the pandas.

"Get to the storehouse and put together some catapults!" he yelled to his pandas. About five of them offered apologies and headed for the central building.

"You should take a break," he said to Borues.

"I'm not gonna let my forest burn down on my watch!" Borues argued.

"Sir, look at it. You should take a break," he said again. Reluctant, Borues shuffled his way to the nearest truck and leaned on it. Benjamin made his way over Jenny.

"How bad could this get?" He asked her.

"All right Val, what do you got in mind?" Mitch asked him.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"First, I need that bear guy. And you, Bel. And you, Lance. Now follow me, I'll explain you on the way, there's not a minute to lose!"
The Moon Howler

"What about me?" Will asked "How can I help?"

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

It was Rikki who answered. "You stay here and work with the pandas! Do as they say."
The Moon Howler

Will saluted the ferret "Yes, Rikki-vazi! I will do my best!"

My RP Characters
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Guys, let's go now!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"Thank you Will, we appreciate it!" Mitch said, "I'll get the bear!"

At the mention of the word bear, Borues turned his head towards it. One of the panda creatures had come running up to him. And he looked, familiar? Then he placed him.

"There's that little panda I met the other day! Where've you been while your village has lost a house and is losing surrounding forest?" Borues said. Mitch crossed his arms.

"That's hardly fair, bear," Mitch said, "I know you've already been, but if you want, my friend has a better solution and needs your help." Borues looked about the scene and sighed.

"I'm down for anything about now, let's go," Borues said, following Mitch towards the group.

"All right, come on!" Mitch said, leading the bear to the group.

"So, what we doing?" He asked as they got there.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance nodded and followed Val as Mitch went and got the bear to come with them.
valerio

Post by valerio »

The group reached another entrance to the campsite cave they had visited earlier. This one looked, at a closer inspection, more like something that had been...excavated.
"Ah, I remembered well. The part of the forest where the chapel and the panda village lay used to be a lake. The monks of the St.Abbot's Order decided to found their chapel here because they saw an angel coming from the clouds and pointing at the lake. They took it as a sign, of course. Valiant entered the cave first, his collar's flashlight leading the way. "The monks, though, didn't want to lose that much precious water, they would see it as a waste of God's resources, and so with the help of the natives, they worked for years to build a series of communicating tanks, and when they were ready, the water was sent down in the underground 'lakes' we have seen. Do you remember that Cherub statue? That's the solution to our problem!"
Last edited by valerio on Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Moon Howler

Will rushed to aid the pandas as fast as possible, grabbing a couple of buckets and heading for the lake with the some of the pandas to take more water.

My RP Characters
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Jenny ran along side Will dipping into the lake and getting another bucket full of water. "Thanks for your help." She said to him as she rushed back throwing some more water on the fires.
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

One or more of the pandas stopped and eyed Will suspiciously. Even one of them stopped to stare but was shoved back into the line.

"Not Now! Move it!" The shover said to the other. Then some pandas came out of the central building with pieces of logs, and rope, and a concrete brick or too.

"Finally! You five! Go and get another started, the rest of you, get some empty sake' barrels ready! Drain them if you have too!" Benjamin said to the line. Some of them stopped and stared at the word drain.

"I didn't stutter! Move it!" he said, and they reluctantly obeyed. The pandas then began setting up their makeshift trebuchet near the hose so it can be in range.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All right, I remember," Mitch said, "But that was over there! We're here." Mitch pointed out.

"He has a point," Zhang said, "What are we to do here? We've searched this cave and have only found a couple statues." Mitch shot him a look and he cringed.

"Sorry," Zhang muttered.

Borues walked behind the group.

"I thought this place looked already looked through," Borues said with a grin.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Valiant's light reached here and there. "If I am correct, the main tank should be here. They used it to douse the flames, last time something similar happened. What we saw in the other cave was part of the system. The bones we found? The local Natives thought they had to lay in the bottom of the tanks so that their spirits would be forever bound to their duties of watching over the water...There!" his light reflected againt the white marlble of yet another Cherubstatue. This one looked truly magnificent, as if time and mold hadn't dared to touch it. It held two swords in its crossed arms.
The Italian wolfdog nodded. "This statue is the key. Look."
The statue's base was embedded into the ground as if it was part of a pilon.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Lance looked at the statue and then back at Val "Ok good so what do we do now? Just pull it out of ground? Because I don't see any pullies or leavers on this thing." Lance said as he moved to the statue and examined it all over.
valerio

Post by valerio »

Lance looked at the statue.
"The Cherubs are never portrayed wielding swords. Check out for a lock, anything that could open a panel in the statue's base, and do not hesitate to click it open or whatever."
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Mitch looked at the statue.

"Let's just hope it wasn't made in Germany. Do you know what they have most of their statues do?" Zhang said with a grin. Mitch just shook his head at him.

"Just trying to relieve the tension," he said a little ashamed. Still though. That gave Mitch an idea.

"Water," he said to himself. He carefully climbed up the statue's arms and got a good look at the eyes. He smiled.

Though it's only probably part of the solution, it can't be this simple. Why else go through the trouble? Mitch thought.

"Find something?" Borues said with a huph.

"I think, Rikki, wanna help me here?" he asked the ferret.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Be right with you!" Rikki climbed up as fast as she could. "So? What did you find?"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

"See those eyes?" he said. Noticing they look more depressed then they should.

"I think they can be pushed in, Zhang got me thinking about weeping angels, so it's worth a try," Mitch said, placing his right hand thumb on the right hand eye. It indeed, go in a little.

"Ready when you are," he said.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antaro had noticed the way a few of them looked at Will, and why. Still, he was certain this was not the same individual. Still though, he thought it best to keep in out of trouble.

"Excuse me good sir!" Antaro said to Will, "I think you'd be best employed helping build a catapult! Farkry! Help him to central!"

"Sir!" Farkry said to Antaro. Farkry was only a scout, so he had only a short sword on his back and a white kneckerchief.

"This way if you please!" Farkry said to Will.
valerio

Post by valerio »

"Together! At one, two...three!" Rikki pushed
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

And Mitch did as well!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"This is pointless!" Benjamin said to Jenny.

"We need to cut the fire off from ahead! Otherwise it's just going to keep spreading farther and farther away! We need to create a stop or block or cut down a patch of woods somewhere in it's path." Benjamin finished.

ooc: Pretty sure what happens is your call Valerio.
valerio

Post by valerio »

At the same time, something inside the statue's base rumbled. There came a heavy sliding sound of rock against rock, and four large slits appeared at the base.
A moment later, the cherub's hands opened. Belisarius made it just in time to grab them by the hilts before they fell down! His muscles flexed in the effort. "Uhh, guys? Heavy!"
Valiant used his mechanical arm to do some leverage. "Borues, take the other!" he called to the bear. "Just lay it down as gently as possible!"

Rikki looked at the red panda as if she wanted to kiss him there and now. "I'm so *proud* of you!"
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Borues took one pair.

"Here, let me let you give me a hand," Borues said with a snerk taking a pair. Zhang held in a laugh with both paws to his mouth.

Mitch blushed slightly.

"Thanks," he said meekly.

"Uh, Lance?" Borues said, holding an arm out to him. Straining a little.
"Well dear, I do hope they're all right and don't forget dinner," Nora said, helping in the kitchen.

"Do you think we should put things away for now?" She asked Lady Leone.
The Moon Howler

xhunterko wrote:Antaro had noticed the way a few of them looked at Will, and why. Still, he was certain this was not the same individual. Still though, he thought it best to keep in out of trouble.

"Excuse me good sir!" Antaro said to Will, "I think you'd be best employed helping build a catapult! Farkry! Help him to central!"

"Sir!" Farkry said to Antaro. Farkry was only a scout, so he had only a short sword on his back and a white kneckerchief.

"This way if you please!" Farkry said to Will.
Will stopped in place the moment one of the red pandas approached him. After the panda called another one and gave him orders, the cat nodded.
At Farkry's words, Will replied.
"Lead the way, kin of Mitch!"

My RP Characters
xhunterko

Post by xhunterko »

Farkry and Antaro led Will to the large, center building. Through the main doors, past the small foyer, and into a second larger chamber where there were five pandas already at work on a second catapult. One of them looked up from sawing a log at Will with a surprised expression.

"Didn't you just leave here?" he asked.

"This is not the same cat," Antaro said, "And that will be enough of that!" The center had the beginnings of a catapult. The bottom support (which, looked like a ladder) was being assembled and a two logs were set between two sawhorses.

"If you would please, work on these two logs here. Just cut along the lines if you would," Antaro said to Will, "And don't mind them, their party was interupted last night so they're a bit cranky."