Reply to topic  [ 5861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 147  Next
Art Thread 

Post Re: Art Thread
Good luck with exams Tex ;)

BTW, Duster, it's not Mr. Jopencjusz, just Jopencjusz or Jopen, to make it shorter and easier to pronounce ;) I'm feeling old enough without this prefix :P And we don't need to be so formal, it's forum :P

And this is side effect of boredom strike:

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club

Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

Duster wrote:
@TheMobian What kind of pen/pencil/paper do you use when you draw?

When it comes to paper, I use whatever is available. Professional comic paper is often hard to come by, and when you can find it its really expensive.

I usually sketch out my drawings with a standard HB or HB2 pencil. I'm an okay inker, but Inking pens are expensive, and I often can't afford to buy them all the time. To solve this, I take anywhere from a B1 to a B3 heavy pencil and draw final pencils with it as it is so dark, it can often pass for inks (when done cleanly).

For example, this picture I drew with just a standard light HB Pencil:
(it was a Bumbleking secret santa gift for an artist on DA called Chibi-Jen-Hen)

This one I over -lined with a standard HB2 Pencil (like the kind you might use for school):
(This was for another one of those "redesign my character" contests... which I won btw :D well... everybody kinda won... but oh well =P)

And this picture was sketched out just as the others were, but then outlined in a think B2 professional art pencil:
(this picture in particular though I outlined rather roughly to give it a more rugged feel. It was a picture for an OCT that I'm watching)

Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:08 am
Profile WWW

Thanks for the tip TheMobian, after I get comfortable drawing I may consider using something other than a #2 pencil.

@Jopencjusz Ok Jopen can do! I recently finished another drawing of Joey that i'm pretty happy with. It's only his head but I after a few tries, I finally drew one that suprised me.
Attachment:
File comment: Here it is guys!
Duster's pics 001 (2).JPG
Duster's pics 001 (2).JPG [ 77.08 KiB | Viewed 2280 times ]

So what do y'all think?

Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Looks good, I think that if you'll keep it up, you'll soon improve ;)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club

Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:54 pm
Profile WWW

@Duster
looks good, the shape details, all good! though his eyes can get some improvement.

I still have exam but I can't stay alerted for straight 2 weeks for the exam. so I just decided to draw yesterday and today.
Duster wrote:
texascat018 wrote:
whoooha, I missed a lot. I on exam mode, so I can't really participate an art party and reply all the questions, sorry.
Keep up the good work Duster. He looks amazing, body looks good, his face expression, I love it!11 You seem to have good comical art style of drawing.

See what happens when your gone for a day. By all means take your time and pass your classes, when you find some spare time we'll be here. Though i'm still kind of interested to see how you draw! Like TheMobian mentioned you do have unique style of drawing. Don't be a stranger texascat018!

I'm more than just passing man! and Call me Walker! Walker Texascat,

be hold!

I promised my friend to draw an Avatar,fursona what so ever for him.

This is what he had [img]it's%20broken[/img]
and I had to convert it in to my own style.

these are the progresses I went over.

First on a paper
https://picasaweb.google.com/1172727898 ... 47u-iqDhZw

-I started off with basic shapes but maily focused on drawing the head.
-twitched some body shapes
-I don't like this head, erase it!
-let's get the head shape right...
-that looks better
-now body position changes
-more details give im a tshrits, and my cat is sleeping on my table.
-nope, nice suit will go better
-it was hard to draw his left arm, IDK why
-Second last picture is my Eye reference sheet, type of eyes to refer to when I'm having trouble with drawing one. and I'm not good at drawing eyes.
-The last picture on the album is my scanner, oh yeah, and my cowboy hat and AirCadet (force) hat. I scanned my drawing in to computer to edit.

Second link: on my computer
https://picasaweb.google.com/1172727898 ... -M66ytPlOQ

-draw over the original copy on Sai tool, I found the head being too big, so I shrunk it down.
-now color im, according to the reference.
-color the nice lookin' suit
-blue eyes
-draw a bar table? thing? I never went to a bar, how am I suppose to know?
-color the background
-nahhh I don't like that table thing. erase it..
soooooo......
Da result!

3-4 hours spent.
5 musics played
4 King of the hill episodes played

so what do you think?
anything that I'm missing?

Edit.

I forgot so much things...

Last edited bytexascat018 on empty void of time

Last edited by texascat018 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:37 pm

@ Walker TexasCat018
Wow you certaintly have a drawing routine! None of my stuff so far has been organized quite that way at all. Your drawing looks pretty good man, just keep up the good work and practice when you have the spare time. I think it was Rick that said a good artist always seeks to grow and challenge themself to be more creative.
P.S How can I improve Walker Sensei, i'm am open to suggestions!

Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:48 pm

Attachment:
quilava.jpg
quilava.jpg [ 167.46 KiB | Viewed 2207 times ]

My first ever commission. I still have to do the rest of this guy's team later. It's for a Heart Gold Lets Play.

Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:58 pm

Very good and cute drawing for your first commission. ^^ Hopefully it will land you a few more.

(Aqua's drawing of Flint!)

Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:01 am

I was just trying new program for editing photos, drawings, etc.

It's effect of it:

Just new lineout and color might be a little different. But I think it looks a little better than previous one.

This is re-edition of my very old drawing, not only re-edited to practise using this program, but I tried some tools and effects.

Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:53 pm
Profile WWW

Cyndaquil's in da house!

Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:45 pm

@ Jopen That old drawing is not bad, I can see some emotion in his face which is always something that brings a bit of life to a drawing.

Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:06 pm

In terms of showing emotions it's not that bad, in terms of technique and artistic virtues it's right now pretty bad ;)

Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:21 pm
Profile WWW

Sorry for double post, but I've finaly did something right:

Just don't know why it's a dog or something like this, but maybe after tomorrows exam I'll try do something more close to cat ;)

Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:40 pm
Profile WWW

I'll say, Way to go Jopen! Nice work man that is some major improvement. Wow dude, kudos Jopen!

Also {side note} what computer program are you using to streamline your drawings, Because what you have been up too has me seriously impressed!!

Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:43 am

Right now I started using GIMP to do it and I must admit, with this program it's so easier to get better result with your drawings (the best prove is last drawing).

Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:38 am
Profile WWW

A smal re-edition of the last one drawing, now it looks more feline, than canine ;)

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:46 am
Profile WWW

Duster wrote:
@ Walker TexasCat018
Wow you certaintly have a drawing routine! None of my stuff so far has been organized quite that way at all. Your drawing looks pretty good man, just keep up the good work and practice when you have the spare time. I think it was Rick that said a good artist always seeks to grow and challenge themself to be more creative.

hummm, thinking, thinking, thinking, *explodes*
I don't really know I think you can find your style of drawing for now. I think what you need is practice over practice over practice.
for technicality help, I want to see more of your drawings. I want to see your process of drawing. I think that would help us improve your art skills.

Duster wrote:
I'll say, Way to go Jopen! Nice work man that is some major improvement. Wow dude, kudos Jopen!

Also {side note} what computer program are you using to streamline your drawings, Because what you have been up too has me seriously impressed!!

you can use program called Sai Paint tool! that's what I use.

A drawing for my friend

Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:11 pm

texascat018 wrote:
Duster wrote:
@ Walker TexasCat018

hummm, thinking, thinking, thinking, *explodes*
I don't really know I think you can find your style of drawing for now. I think what you need is practice over practice over practice.
for technicality help, I want to see more of your drawings. I want to see your process of drawing. I think that would help us improve your art skills.

I have been doodling since my last art post but I only have one drawing that I have really liked so far. Here let me bring it up for you...
Attachment:
File comment: This is one of my all time favorite Housepets! scenes.
Duster's pics 004.JPG
Duster's pics 004.JPG [ 104.75 KiB | Viewed 2101 times ]

Notice that I drew it on computer paper! And although my drawing so far has really only been of Housepets characters i'm enjoying re-creating and expounding some of the things from the strip.
Give me about a week and i will try and show you how I initiate my drawing.

Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:15 pm

you did! draw what ever you enjoy to, I think that's the art. do you have a scanner, cuz it's a such of great artistic tool.
I'm waiting to see your steps.

arughhhhhh reason why drawing basic shape is so important.... I spent really little time positioning the basic shapes and... *cries*
his neck and body and his head are unmatching, in size wise, anatomically wrong, and *sigh* gotta restart the body from scratch....

Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:34 pm

I can't tell whats going on with the hands there.

I decided to do some colouring entirely with airbrushing.

Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:57 am

Ahh... I remember Ampharos well, he was one of my powerhouse pokemon back in the day.

@ Texascat I have been doodling in my composition book lately and I thought about what you asked me the other day. It is kind of hard to explain but i will try my best. When I use a subject (such as Peanut) I try my best not to over stretch their face when I draw them, which oddly enough makes them look warped like a widescreen tv picture. I have lately been using the "frame" that many artists use to organize the picture when they draw a character. Let me tell you it certainly helps me finish MUCH faster than I had been. It literally took me 3 to 4 mins to complete the top Peanut, the "frame" I spoke of is no gold nugget but its practical and helps me get to the desired result (a good drawing).
Attachment:
File comment: This is my first attempt at drawing Peanut, I think he turned out well enough though.
Duster's pics 013.JPG
Duster's pics 013.JPG [ 131.52 KiB | Viewed 2029 times ]

Also a week ago I decided to try my hand at drawing various styles of eyeballs. Eventually after i had drawn 20 sets or so I got bored and drew Falstaff's head, even though he was not perfect to start out with I stuck with it and tweeked the pic to look just decent enough to be presentable.
Attachment:
File comment: Here's something I doodled too.
Duster's pics 004.JPG
Duster's pics 004.JPG [ 93.38 KiB | Viewed 2029 times ]

Give me a while and I'll see if I can catch myself in the act of drawing by taking a few pics here and there for you.

Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:30 pm

:O
you improved a lot, you draw better than me with a pencil, take my tablet Never!
the top looks way more better, I just can tell, and I should use that frame thing too. ahhhw 3 to 4 minutes?! this took me 6 hours, or whole king of the hill season 4, to draw this piece...

and you got the perfect expression on his face. I never have that comicy eyeballs on my drawing. I'm not good with eyeballs.
really, your curves on your drawing is excelling

Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:00 pm

texascat018 wrote:
:O
you improved a lot, you draw better than me with a pencil, take my tablet Never!
the top looks way more better, I just can tell, and I should use that frame thing too. ahhhw 3 to 4 minutes?! this took me 6 hours, or whole king of the hill season 4, to draw this piece...

and you got the perfect expression on his face. I never have that comicy eyeballs on my drawing. I'm not good with eyeballs.
really, your curves on your drawing is excelling

D'aawwww thank you Texascat, Compliments are always welcome!!

Also your drawing that you posted the other day had a great head and most of the body looked fine but it looks like his hands got a little contorted. But that's nothing practice won't fix!
I really like your style, you should keep posting with Jopencjusc and I.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:07 pm

hehe your welcome

what makes you like my style of drawing?

and wanna know my dirty little secret?
I had no way out of fixing the body, so I ran a sandbox video game and opened up a human model, than posed him as I wanted. then.. then captured it in to jpg image then....
TRACED IT
that's a sin to the Art, in my belief.

And I'm Off Furryarting for a while, I wanna draw humans

Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:50 pm

@ Texascat018
Well I like your drawing because of your stroke pattern(the way you draw) and characterization (facial expressions). Trust me if you stick with it and keep drawing you will improve! As for drawing eyes just take my advice and practice, also take your time with places that have a need for greater detail. Don't be afraid to use a reference, especially if you are wanting to learn how to draw. Just look at everything i've posted thus far, I don't trace but I still don't come up with any original material so in reality you and I are in the same boat. Practice makes perfect my friend, Just keep moving forward.

Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:05 pm

Hello everyone, Jakjak here! Sporadic poster here as well as artist in development! I've been steadily trying to improve my art skills as well as expand what I can draw, which is the same thing. I guess the most common stuff I've made is silly headshots. Having some different perspectives as well as opinions are always wonderful. :D

-snip-

Last edited by JakJak on Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:47 am

Decided to take some time to work on original characters for comics.
http://i.imgur.com/6gP9Sez.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vlQ5B8m.jpg

Mostly trying to get used to drawing Fa'haka's new design more.
I'm working a bit on her ear expression. I'm thinking erect means aggressive, down means calm or bored, down and back is depression, both stretched out horizontally is annoyed (the more they tilt back the more annoyed), and slightly drooping is disappointment.

Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:55 am

exranio wrote:
Decided to take some time to work on original characters for comics.
http://i.imgur.com/6gP9Sez.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vlQ5B8m.jpg

Mostly trying to get used to drawing Fa'haka's new design more.
I'm working a bit on her ear expression. I'm thinking erect means aggressive, down means calm or bored, down and back is depression, both stretched out horizontally is annoyed (the more they tilt back the more annoyed), and slightly drooping is disappointment.

Wow, those look great! :D I always love looking at designs for original characters, they have a certain uniqueness about them that you can never find in any fan characters.
So, exranio, are you planning on making your own comic? :mrgreen:

Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:05 pm
Profile WWW

yeah kinda, I don't have nearly enough of the characters drawn.

Mortal characters
Velonare Nairson
Reanbelle Colt
Ara Arlen
Kira Onsen
Awern Emphimere
Dyrene Hye
Kyo Kusagi (working on a last name change)

Mana characters
Fa'haka's old design
a'haka's current design
Violet
Concerto

So yeah this isn't even half

Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:41 pm

OK it's been a while since I posted anything so here's something silly I drew up when I couldn't sleep last night.
Attachment:
File comment: Just a goofy rendition of Joey since i've been drawing him so much.
my new stuff 013.JPG
my new stuff 013.JPG [ 59.56 KiB | Viewed 1863 times ]

Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:07 am

thats one big smile
-----------------------
I finished the Fa'haka pic

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:06 am

Just got this made as a commission and it's so friggin' adorable omg

(http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9963318/)

Edit: This thing omg Image

Daggy wrote:
Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW

Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Cheese box do dee bop!
*Claps hands twice and rolls over*

I guess I hven't posted much here in a long time, so here you go! :mrgreen:
A quick splash page of some sonic characters.
A character design for a friend of mine's comic.
And some sketches of a bunch of original characters of mine.

Also, I don't think I ever linked to my DA profile here, so:
Boop!
There you go! =3

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:08 pm
Profile WWW

Self portrait thing

Sat Mar 09, 2013 4:39 am

http://qrs3000.deviantart.com/art/Moose-in-Suit-349060657
http://qrs3000.deviantart.com/art/Handler-358430293
http://qrs3000.deviantart.com/art/Doodles-by-QRS3000-349059541
http://qrs3000.deviantart.com/art/Mongoose-and-Kid-349063891
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9173748/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9936051/
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/9294177/

It looks like there's been plenty of good art here lately. Sorry, I haven't been so active recently.

Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:16 pm
Profile YIM

I tried to draw an arm.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:43 pm

Wallow and Catbug from Bravest Warriors. Yeah, I know it's really sloppy: I whipped it out in an hour and a half.

Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:07 pm
Profile WWW

Oblivious Adobo wrote:
I tried to draw an arm.

Wow! Great detail in the bone structure.
Makes me wonder what creature that arm is usually attached to >=3

Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:11 pm
Profile WWW

about 4-6 hours.

Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:01 pm
Profile WWW

Was going to save this for Sunday, but I've decided to post it now. (Sorry about the size, I don't know how to resize it. :oops: Any help would be appreciated. EDIT: Never mind--you can click on it and it'll be smaller.)

Kurowolfe? For you:

Attachments:
Kurowolfe.png
Kurowolfe.png [ 151.88 KiB | Viewed 1372 times ]

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5861 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 126, 127, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132 ... 147  Next