Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

Re: Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Post by JeffCvt »

I'm not in college and I have that problem. For the last two weeks I've had trouble getting to sleep. I don't know what's going on, but I actually fell asleep at a decent hour last night. Hope I can do so again tonight.

Oh, and that post I made a while ago saying I would bet an Avatar/Banner for anyone who could figure out my location or name still stands. I don't go back on my word.

If you think you know what state I live in or you think you know my name, PM me and if you're right, I'll make you something of your choice. If you want it. (Sorry Mods, but you only get something if you somehow get my name. Seeing how you can simply look up my IP for my location...)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

What's a sleep schedule?
WHat is sleep?
I feel as if I've heard of these things I just can't place where.......
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tha Housefox wrote:I'm in college and I don't have that problem!
I didn't either. Must be an arctic fox thing.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Darn you arctic foxes, I'm not even in college and I'm having sleeping problems.

Maybe I should create an arctic fox fursona and that would solve my sleep issues.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sleeping has always been sporadic for me, even when I was little. It's gotten much better now that I'm a little older, but I still have my moments of "Oh God why."

Oh man you guys, I love college. So I'm watching "Super Size Me" for my ENG 112 class, and it is just the most disgusting thing, and we would never be allowed to see it in a high school class. Oh jeez, I can barely eat a simple cheeseburger, small fries, and a medium drink, how can these people eat such huge portions? Blech.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I saw that in a high school class. Can't remember which one, but we were visiting a health class for the first and only time. It wasn't that disgusting...
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Beagle, you aren't allowed to watch that in High School?

I saw it in Middle School AND High School. (I think I saw it twice in Middle School) I find it really strange how different some schools can be.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Tha Housefox wrote:I saw that in a high school class. Can't remember which one, but we were visiting a health class for the first and only time. It wasn't that disgusting...
Gross alert to those who haven't seen it: What about the part where they show his puke from overeating that quarter pounder? :P

Edit: Jeff, I go to school in the south. Swearing and gross images like that aren't allowed in our movies. :lol:
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
McFly

Post by McFly »

I don't think it was that gross.
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

Wow, we're nearing the end of yet another chat thread. The 40th Housepets chat thread, now we're entering into the senior years :P
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.

Post by 0404 »

Good thing that I'm not aware of that film.
and we are still young Mob.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

It's not a film so much as a documentary. On getting the biggest meals possible. Eugh.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

It was apparently quite liberal in its use of false or misleading information, so the value is really more in entertainment than education.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

yeah, he ate McDonalds for every meal for a month, 3 meals a day, and super-sized his order whenever they asked him if he wanted to. Of course he wasn't gonna stay healthy. but he seemed to imply that people shouldn't eat there at all.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

For the last couple of months, as a result of moving and such, I often ate at least one fast food meal per day, sometimes hitting fast food joints for all three meals. I typically got small or medium meals (but occasionally went for large ones). I eat mostly grilled chicken or fish sandwiches, but also enjoy hamburgers, doughnuts, pizzas, et cetera. I live a more or less sedentary lifestyle. I sit in front of a computer at work for eight hours per day and spend almost all night in front of a computer at home. My weight has been more or less static.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The movie had two theses:

1.) Eating nothing but McDonald's in large portions is unhealthy.
2.) McDonald's is disgusting.

Since #1 is a no-brainer, it's basically just a 90 minute attack on McDonald's. I'm all for healthy eating but that "documentary" is trash.

I happen to love McDonald's but I watch my portions due to how unhealthy it can be without moderation.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Duster

Post by Duster »

Dissension wrote:For the last couple of months, as a result of moving and such, I often ate at least one fast food meal per day, sometimes hitting fast food joints for all three meals. I typically got small or medium meals (but occasionally went for large ones). I eat mostly grilled chicken or fish sandwiches, but also enjoy hamburgers, doughnuts, pizzas, et cetera. I live a more or less sedentary lifestyle. I sit in front of a computer at work for eight hours per day and spend almost all night in front of a computer at home. My weight has been more or less static.
I usually eat out once or twice a week depending on whether or not I did a good enough job of grocery shopping. I spend enough time at home or on the computer in my spare time to keep my weight rather evened out. However I have recently been counting calories since the beginning of February and i've been losing some of my belly pudge. I'm all giddy about being able to see the outline of my abdominal muscles again!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I'm jealous, I haven't been skinny in 15 years. x3

Liam

Post by Liam »

Super Size Me guy effing faked the results of his little PR stunt by taking hormones and other substances.

It's not McD's fault that enough people frequent it, the underlying societal dynamics are to blame. But fanatics like this hippie crusader are blind to petty things like facts and reason.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I try not to eat that crap too often. I know that it is cheap and convenient, but it usually tastes bad and is always bad for you.

Besides their milk shakes are made of Methyl Cellulose instead of ice cream. That is the same stuff movie special effects artists use for slime and other unpleasant things.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So you mean it's bad for you but tastes good? That's a big difference from real ice cream, ain't it? ;P
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sleet wrote:So you mean it's bad for you but tastes good? That's a big difference from real ice cream, ain't it? ;P
No. It is false advertising! And it tastes bad and is bad for you.

But it does look cool when used as monster drool in movies. It was the cocoon goo in "Aliens".
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I think it tastes good. So I will occasionally order it but be mindful of its nutritional value or lack thereof.

If you think it tastes bad, that's your prerogative. Luckily you don't have to order it.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Dissension wrote:I'm jealous, I haven't been skinny in 15 years. x3
Hah! I haven't been skinny in 16 years and 8 months and two weeks.
Sent from my conifer.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

You win, fatty. *tickles*

The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

So, I had an awesome thing happen today in shop. We had no real work today, and a Magic the Gathering tournament happened, and it was awesome.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I was a chubby kit. I haven't been there since probably 6 years ago. x3
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Shush, Haus, you already know I'm jealous. = P

McFly

Post by McFly »

A couple years ago I was kinda chubby. Not so much now.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'm still chubby. I've started eating a few salads a week and walking a longer distance every day (that it isn't raining) to get at least one meal a day, either lunch or dinner.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I was skinny as a rake when i was young. good balance of gaming and energy outside would do that to you. Since i grabbed a PC? Been putting some good dose of weight at least. Got myself a belly for once X3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:So, I had an awesome thing happen today in shop. We had no real work today, and a Magic the Gathering tournament happened, and it was awesome.
Super jealous. Wish I were there.

To go back to the previous topic, I had a chocolate milkshake from McDonald's today. I can't say I'm a fan of their ridiculous "McCafé" branding. They're a McDonald's and they're not doing themselves any favors trying to act fancy/yuppie. All they're doing is putting my milkshake in a smaller cup with an inconvenient lid and give it whipped cream where there could instead be milkshake.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Sleet wrote:
The Grey Wolverine wrote:So, I had an awesome thing happen today in shop. We had no real work today, and a Magic the Gathering tournament happened, and it was awesome.
Super jealous. Wish I were there.

To go back to the previous topic, I had a chocolate milkshake from McDonald's today. I can't say I'm a fan of their ridiculous "McCafé" branding. They're a McDonald's and they're not doing themselves any favors trying to act fancy/yuppie. All they're doing is putting my milkshake in a smaller cup with an inconvenient lid and give it whipped cream where there could instead be milkshake.
it doesn't even make sense. the McCafe thing is supposed to be for coffee stuff. I don't even like them using it for the smoothies.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sleet wrote:To go back to the previous topic, I had a chocolate milkshake from McDonald's today. I can't say I'm a fan of their ridiculous "McCafé" branding. They're a McDonald's and they're not doing themselves any favors trying to act fancy/yuppie. All they're doing is putting my milkshake in a smaller cup with an inconvenient lid and give it whipped cream where there could instead be milkshake.
One of the McDonald's restaurants here is right across from the ATU campus. They're open 24 hours and heavily brand as McCafé. They encourage students to come in and use their WiFi all day.
I don't know about Magic the Gathering tournaments, but there are frequently several games going on simultaneously, where I work.

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I personally avoid Mcdonalds like the plague. Unless it's shamrock shake season. I'm actually considering replacing my blood with shamrock shake, in the long run it's the much more economical choice.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Out of curiosity, do the "shamrock" shakes really taste like shamrock?

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm actually trying to lose some weight by finally cutting back on the soda, though I won't be cutting it out completely just trying to get to be an every once in a while thing. I tried to see if it would help if I switched regular soda out for just straight soda water and while it was ok its not something I can switch to, gonna try tea or something. I need to find something more then just water because every time I've tried that I get bored of it to quick.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I personally am out of shape but not to the level where I'm disgusting or it affects my ability to do everyday things. I suppose I could make my diet healthier and put in the work to make myself match the "fit" aesthetic everyone seems to chase. But that's fleeting and frankly a lot of work I'm not willing to put in and wonderful food I'm not willing to give up. I'll just settle for not bad looking.

Plus it wouldn't be fair to the rest of MSU's male population to be the smartest and best looking guy on campus. :P

Dissension wrote:Out of curiosity, do the "shamrock" shakes really taste like shamrock?
I wouldn't know I've never drank a shamrock.
Though I really doubt it. I'm still working on the whole evidence thing but my theory has always been that the shamrock shake is a gift from a race of sentient beings far more advanced than our own. It's obviously some kind of other-worldly flavor our puny-human brains would have no words to verbalize. Hence the St.Patricks day themed name.

IceKitsune wrote:I'm actually trying to lose some weight by finally cutting back on the soda, though I won't be cutting it out completely just trying to get to be an every once in a while thing. I tried to see if it would help if I switched regular soda out for just straight soda water and while it was ok its not something I can switch to, gonna try tea or something. I need to find something more then just water because every time I've tried that I get bored of it to quick.
I found flavored waters (personally I'm a fan of Sobe but whatever floats your boat) are pretty tasty and pretty high in various viatamins/whatevers that tend to keep me relatively healthy. I stopped keeping pop in my dorm and just drink stuff like Sobe, vitamin water, ect...
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

IceKitsune wrote:I'm actually trying to lose some weight by finally cutting back on the soda, though I won't be cutting it out completely just trying to get to be an every once in a while thing. I tried to see if it would help if I switched regular soda out for just straight soda water and while it was ok its not something I can switch to, gonna try tea or something. I need to find something more then just water because every time I've tried that I get bored of it to quick.
I did that, starting the last couple years I attended high school. I lost about 30 pounds... which, despite not drinking soda again, I gained back during my first year of college. x3 I went about seven years without a soda. I drank Gatorade at first, then switched to iced tea. I have a soda from time to time, now, but typically not more than one or two per week. My digestive system health improved dramatically.

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Once or twice a week is exactly what I'm trying to get it down to, hopefully I can find something that will work to switch to.