My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Foxstar »

Like Sleet, I'm more a fan of the show then the fandom, so I won't be doing much. I might check EQDaily every so often, but other then that, not much.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

new Friendship is Witchcraft. I don't know how long it'll last before Youtube blocks it again, cause it was already blocked once 12 minutes after it was posted.
you can always wait for it to show up here
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

That was probably my second favorite FiW, behind the Sweetie Bot episode. Because Sweetie Bot.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well, KJ and I are back together as parody partners. we still need instrumentalists, so I put out a call on tumblr, but if any of you could get the word out to any musicians you know who may be willing to record the music for our parodies who aren't on tumblr, would you please direct them to this post?
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Double Rainboom Official Trailer Looks like we only have to wait till March 30th for a new MLP episode, even if its a fan episode. Also before anyone says anything about why this is still going while Fighting is Magic isn't: Apparently this actually got written permission from Hasbro before hand.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:well, KJ and I are back together as parody partners. we still need instrumentalists, so I put out a call on tumblr, but if any of you could get the word out to any musicians you know who may be willing to record the music for our parodies who aren't on tumblr, would you please direct them to this post?
Is there any kind of help you need other than instrumentalists?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

not really. I have the lyrics covered and he does the vocals and puts the finished product into a video and posts them like he did with your ultimate pony showdown. The only thing is we can't find versions of the songs without lyrics like he did with your song.

but if you could somehow get the word out to people who can help, it would be appreciated.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

Some one challenged me to draw a pony as a fighting character. They challenged the wrong guy.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I would say they challenged the right one.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:new Friendship is Witchcraft. I don't know how long it'll last before Youtube blocks it again, cause it was already blocked once 12 minutes after it was posted.
you can always wait for it to show up here
I just finished watching this it was ok, it was funny but not like overly so. Personally I feel the same way about FiW as I do about .MOV they are good but kind of really over rated. I think its just that I have to be in a certain mood for the kind of humor they have really and I'm not in that mood a whole lot.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

exranio wrote:Some one challenged me to draw a pony as a fighting character. They challenged the wrong guy.
That sounds like fun. Exranio, I challenge you to draw a pony as Luke Cage, Hero for Hire. :I

Edit: just posted the new chapter for my story, if anyone wants to read it. As I did so, I noticed that only one person commented on my last chapter.

I... feel crushed.
JohnWillow

Post by JohnWillow »

Do any of you have this T-Shirt. I'm 5ft 10 and weight 12 stone. Would a medium fit me?

http://www.welovefine.com/4238-dashing-heights.html
Spike - "Seriously, a talking Dog is the weird thing about all this"

Me - "Not at all, the fact that you're a dog and not a lizard is much weirder"
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

The real cause of the schism that turned Luna and Celestia against each other, and caused Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7v5wDVDpnc

Video games are tearing this family apart!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Penwrite wrote:Edit: just posted the new chapter for my story, if anyone wants to read it. As I did so, I noticed that only one person commented on my last chapter.

I... feel crushed.
don't. Some people don't like to critique things until they have more to go on, so they withhold comments until s few updates have gone by. I'm like that, cause most of my comments would end up being "awesome as usual, not much else to say" unless I don't. So if there's a way to see the views, you should ignore the number of comments.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Penwrite wrote:Edit: just posted the new chapter for my story, if anyone wants to read it. As I did so, I noticed that only one person commented on my last chapter.

I... feel crushed.
I know how you feel.

Maybe you could start posting it on FimFiction? You don't have any of your recent stuff on it, and I think it would be worth a shot.

Oh, and let it be known that I read all of your stuff, I just don't generally comment because I don't really have anything to say. Try as I might, I cannot find a single thing wrong with it, so I have no comments to make it better and the only other thing I could think to say would be "Great job!" every single time. It wouldn't exactly mean much after the third of fourth saying the same thing.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Well, I just watched the latest episode of Friendship is Witchcraft. Yeah... I think I'm done with that show. There are funny jokes now and then, but it's utterly ruined by their version of Twilight.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What does that ruin?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I don't think Twilight ruins it at all because that's the entire point of it. She's not like what she is in the actual show and that makes it interesting for me.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I will destroy you and steal your fiance!
Booty-booty-booty-booty rockin' everywhere~

Best scene in the FiW series yet. Hands down.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Why do I not recall the "Rocking everywhere" part of that? All I remember is "booty booty booty booty"

*Checks the video*

Well I'll be darned, it's there. *Feels dumb*
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

No no, I get that Twilight being nothing like her actual cartoon self is the point. What I mean is, it's a terrible point. She's full of herself. That's the whole joke. Worse, they made a point of saying it just about every single minute. All I wanted throughout that wedding episode was to freaking punch her in the face. My mind kept flashing back to Family Guy.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Family Guy?

I'm guessing they had a quick blurp about MLP and did what they usually do to stuff like that?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

What? No, I meant the latest episode of Friendship is Witchcraft, specifically Twilight's antics, made me think of Family Guy's mean-spiritedness and tendency to drive a joke into the ground.

But meh, that's just how I feel.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh. Well I enjoy Family Guy the few times I do watch it, so maybe that's why I liked it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Penwrite wrote:What? No, I meant the latest episode of Friendship is Witchcraft, specifically Twilight's antics, made me think of Family Guy's mean-spiritedness and tendency to drive a joke into the ground.

But meh, that's just how I feel.
I kind of agree they drove jokes into the ground, but really for me the one thing I hated about the episode is they went with the single most obvious joke to drive into the ground though the whole episode. Its not the joke itself I hated it was the fact that it was so obvious I felt like they didn't really try to come up with something original.
JeffCvt wrote:Why do I not recall the "Rocking everywhere" part of that? All I remember is "booty booty booty booty"

*Checks the video*

Well I'll be darned, it's there. *Feels dumb*
That part I will admit was hilarious.

Edit: Final Panel Writeup Some things to take away from this IMO Tabitha brings up the Fluttershy becomes a Dragon episode idea again so unless its a joke maybe we will see that for season 4, and Tara said Yes when asked if Twilight will live a long time take that as you will to the question of Immortality or not.

Edit 2: Ski Free with Ponies I thought this was really good

Edit 3: More Comic covers I really love the Rainbow Dash Micro Series Cover it looks epic. I'm also loving the heck out of battle armor Shining and Cadence they look amazing. In fact I now require more characters in Armor.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

It's weird how the comics can get away with so much more, isn't it? I mean, how many kids would recognize that cover as a homage to Frank Frazetta?

Awesome.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Lauren Faust is officially part of Mane6 now. They're going to adapt what they have to a new IP developed by her, and so the game will now be completely theirs. they can put out for free and enter it in tournaments and such and no one can stop them. So good for them.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

This is apparently the official artwork for the spinoff Equestria girls.
Source

So I guess they are furries now....

I wound't really mind, but the design (like the short skirts) are really crappy.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Kyderra wrote:This is apparently the official artwork for the spinoff Equestria girls.
Source

So I guess they are furries now....

I wound't really mind, but the design (like the short skirts) are really crappy.
Oh my gosh those designs are horrendous. That is literally the worst possibility my mind came up with. Why do Twilight and Rarity not have their unicorn horns but the pegasus wings are still around? Why do they have their cutie marks on their freaking cheek AND their clothing? Why do Applejack and Rainbow Dash look fashionable? Why the stupid skirts? Why the big boots on anyone but Applejack? Why does their skin color match their old coats? Why why why glnbrouvbwgvabf!

Oh well. At least we have that whole Lauren Faust being awesome thing to cheer us up.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well admittedly the stock vectors for their pony forms are pretty ugly as well and the show versions look much better. However yeah these look really bad, what in the world is this spin off even going for exactly? Why are they anthro why not just regular humans? These feel like more concepts rather then something final, in fact I like the original leaked vectors much better then this.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I recall one source saying Hasbro was aiming this spinoff for older girls, which is incredibly insulting if true. So, what, older girls like makeup and cheerleading and gossip? That's what these designs scream out to me, that we're reverting back to those old and terrible stereotypes about what it is girls like.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Humanoid ponies make me twitch after news/rumors of that spinoff.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Lauren Faust is officially part of Mane6 now. They're going to adapt what they have to a new IP developed by her, and so the game will now be completely theirs. they can put out for free and enter it in tournaments and such and no one can stop them. So good for them.
And then the mods. >:3
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i've gotten past a human spinoff concept
but those designs are terrible
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Penwrite wrote:I recall one source saying Hasbro was aiming this spinoff for older girls, which is incredibly insulting if true. So, what, older girls like makeup and cheerleading and gossip? That's what these designs scream out to me, that we're reverting back to those old and terrible stereotypes about what it is girls like.
I know that part I meant like how is this "Human World" going to work exactly? Are the Mane 6 going to be the only Anthros? or is everyone? I thought this was going to be a pure human spin off now its looking more like a Furry Spin off. I'm still going to give this a chance but man is this thing is getting stupider.

Edit:Comic Preview That guy from Temple of Doom, Pennywise and Deadites! I love the references in this comic so much.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Soooo... anybody heard about Las Pegasus Unicon?
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Liam wrote:Soooo... anybody heard about Las Pegasus Unicon?
Yeah I heard about what happened. The fans stepped up and paid back the owed money and then some, a couple of charities got quite a bit of money from the auctions and donations.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

so guys
best and worst episode of season 3?
and of full show?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

mariomarc wrote:so guys
and of full show?
For season 3 its a tie between Sleepless in Ponyville and Magic Duel for best and Spike at your Service is the worst. As for the whole show that is rather hard but I would have to say either Lesson Zero,Sleepless in Ponyville,The Cutie Mark Chronicles,It's About Time or Applebuck Season (which was the episode where I realized that I loved the show when I first started watching it.) Spike at your Service still wins for worst. However (as underrated as I think it is) The Mysterious Mare Do Well comes in a close second for that spot.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

mariomarc wrote:so guys
and of full show?
Hm... well as much as I love them and Sombra, definitely not the season opener. Best for S3's probably either Sleepless in Ponyville or Wonderbolt Academy. Those are the ones I've re-watched the most. For worst episode... yeah, Spike at Your Service.

I can't even decide the best or worst of the whole show. That's just too much.

Adding to the question, what do y'all think are the best and worst songs of S3?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My favorite song of the whole show is still Pinkie's Smile song. Season 3 might be Celestia's song but I'm not sure. My least favorite from season 3 is probably Bad Seed but it wasn't terrible.