Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

Re: Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:Thanks for the warning TC.

Now I know to stay off of the roads. :lol:

But seriously, be careful. You have a lot to learn yet and believe me, it's going to be at least a few months before even simple things become habit.
dang... :( I'm just gonna go now and study for driver's test...
*leaves*

I really just want to study the test by myself and get a beginner license by myself but my parents insist me to take driver's education offered by school. which starts in this August. I can't wait that much! what should I do?
and I'm taking pilot course offered by Cadet this summer. so I might learn how to fly a plane before how to drive a car.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

My suggestion is take the drivers Ed course. Believe me, it's definitely worth going to the class.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I was required to take the driver's ed course cause it's a requirement for getting a license in my state.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets

Post by 0404 »

dang, I heard that you have to listen to explanation about stop sign for 2 hours in that class.

oh well, then in the future I can go up to someone and say, I learned how to fly a plane before driving a car. (edit yeah car, not plane)

and day after my birthday is my first year anniversary of housepets forum. which means I have present for you guys.
Last edited by 0404 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

texascat018 wrote:I can drive now!
And now you can drive Wolvy around :3
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

texascat, let me tell you a story.

Driver's Education is required here in North Carolina.
When I was a freshman, I went through the book class and driving portion with my instructor and two other students. As he handed us our certificates stating that we had completed the course, he tells us, "Today I hand you a paper that might kill you. Do not make me open my morning newspaper one day and weep over my breakfast because I gave you the paper that led you to your grave."

On March 26th, 2012, one of those two students died in a car accident. She got into the car with a driver under the influence, ignoring a crucial rule in Driver's Ed: if they are not fit to drive, and you are perfectly fine, do not let them get behind that wheel.

She was my friend. We knew each other since we were eleven. I was eleven days older than her. Last Saturday would have been her 18th birthday. We would have seen each other at prom, see each graduate, and catch up at our twenty year high school reunion by trading pictures of our kids. Instead I found myself sitting in a church, sobbing as I listened to her little sister, who is the same age as I was when I first met her sibling, read her goodbye letter to her big sister.

You know what that feels like? Feels like crap, bro.

I know that waiting five months might seem like an eternity, but you are sixteen and will have your entire life to drive a car. Now, I don't mean to scare you, but JeffCvt is right. It takes months for even simple things to become a habit. Until you really learn how to drive, (and I say that there is a big difference when you don't have your parent in the car with you) you'll take your turns too fast, not allow enough braking time at stop signs or intersections, constantly go over or under the speed limit (due to speed inconsistency), or slide around in the rain or snow. You need that class because it will teach you how to make a proper turn and how to handle a sliding vehicle.

Take the class, and get lots of (guided/structured) experience. A sixteen year old with no experience is just as dangerous as a forty year old with no experience. So there is no rush to get your license.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.

Post by 0404 »

I'm really sorry to heat that Beagle, I'm sorry. sorry for reminding you of bad memories. *takes off his hat* and my condolence.

I'll take it, I ain't gonna let you down Beagle not gonna let it happen again. and I'm taking it for sake saying, I learned how to fly a plane before I learned how to drive a car.

Thanks for the story, I think it has prevented me from getting in to potential accident. and I'm scared. :P
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

You can't be reminded of something if you never forgot about it. It's okay, texascat.

Don't be scared of driving. You'll be doing it your whole life. The key is to not be stupid about it, and even then you'll still hit curbs in the parking lots, or if you're also like me, you might run over a deer at some point. :P

Speaking of hitting that deer, my car is probably due for an alignment pretty soon. Hurgh.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

My deepest condolences Beagle. :( A car accident is one of the worst ways to lose someone special, and too many people don't understand until it's too late.

On a lighter tone, I hope you're okay from the deer! :shock: I'm sure the same can't be said of the deer though. :P

Here in Australia we do a written test at 16 to get a learner licence which means you can only drive if an adult is supervising you and you have to have that for a year and get 100 hours logged driving experience. It's so annoying just to be allowed to drive by yourself here! But, while the value is excessive, it's necessary to get that experience. And yeah, it'd be cool to say you learned to fly a plane before you could drive a car. If I could have afforded the lessons, I actually would have done that myself (flying is awesome!). So I too approve of doing the class. :P
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Actually Nyaliva, that's pretty similar to how it works in the United States. (Well, depending on the state you're in.)

I had to take a class, then got my learners permit. For the first 6 months I could drive only with an adult who had a licence, and for the second 6 months I could drive by myself, but only between the hours of 8:00AM and 8:00PM (Something like that. I don't remember the actual hours) and I could only drive in the state that I live in. After that it turned into a full licence.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It's nice having a full license. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Except when your younger brother calls from his friends house that he just spent the night at and because your mother is sleeping, your father sends you to get him, and then gets all "Why the hell don't you kids know where anything is!" because you don't know the exact location of the house (That you have only been to twice, more than 6 months ago AT LEAST) you're supposed to go to.

True story. That just happened. 5 minutes ago.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Nyaliva wrote:Here in Australia we do a written test at 16 to get a learner licence which means you can only drive if an adult is supervising you and you have to have that for a year and get 100 hours logged driving experience. It's so annoying just to be allowed to drive by yourself here! But, while the value is excessive, it's necessary to get that experience. And yeah, it'd be cool to say you learned to fly a plane before you could drive a car. If I could have afforded the lessons, I actually would have done that myself (flying is awesome!). So I too approve of doing the class. :P
well in my state you take the a written test for a learner's permit at 15 1/2 years old, and that lets you drive if anyone who already has a license is in the car, then after having that for... I think 9 months... and 45 hours of driving (at least 15 of them at night) you can take the test for your license. But only if you take a driver's ed course (in classroom) and a behind the wheel course (driving while an instructor is next to you and judging you)

I barely passed my test, to the point where the instructor basically said, "I'm passing him because he did well enough on the test, but judging on the other driving sessions he should still have another adult present"
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I have had my full license for a while, and its awesome. In Massachusetts, you don't have to take Driver's ed, but if you do, insurance is lower, and its quicker. I like having my license, and Driver's ed only took a week in the summer, its awesome.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I should be getting mine this summer. I know how to drive I just dont see the point in paying for a driver's liscense until I get a car.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz

Post by 0404 »

congrat on your full license!

Guys, I've joined here 364 days ago. And 2 hours later, I'll be here for 365 days, a year!! owwwwhoooooO!!

I want to say thank you for being good friend of mine and I present for some of you.
first three.

Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TC!!! :D :D :D
Did you join here on your birthday?

Actually I just realised I would have been on here for a year myself two weeks ago. :P

Happy Belated Housepets-iversary to me!!! :D :D :D I didn't have the foresight (or the skills) to make pictures but I want you to know that you are the best people in existence! ;)
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I remember being excited about my first Housepetsversary!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's so cute! Thanks, TC! ^^
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Oh, you rookies being excited about your one year anniversary on the forums.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I missed my own anniversary early this month! I am going to be so angry with myself!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I take note of my forum anniversary, but the big event is my mod anniversary about 6 months later.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets

Post by 0404 »

Nyaliva wrote:HAPPY BIRTHDAY TC!!! :D :D :D
Did you join here on your birthday?

Actually I just realised I would have been on here for a year myself two weeks ago. :P

Happy Belated Housepets-iversary to me!!! :D :D :D I didn't have the foresight (or the skills) to make pictures but I want you to know that you are the best people in existence! ;)
Thanks and happy late Housepetniversary!

Diss joined on haloween. No wonder why he is scary all the time.

Glad you like it sleet

do you celebrate Housepetniversary Beagle?

Go time travel now Radio.

we should have some kind of anniversary party.

two more. and there will be more!
I really have nothing to draw for Jeff since the is no character that reflects Jeff and he is too terrified to show himself on interweb.

random drawing for Dingowolf
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

texascat018 wrote:Image
nice detective skills. That map has no indication that you actually know his location.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets

Post by 0404 »

I know where exactly to put the dot at, but I will get harmed by Jeff if I give away a hint.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:nice detective skills. That map has no indication that you actually know his location.
I certainly looks all professional and detectivey-like, though. :lol:
I'm rather enjoying these TexasCat :D You draw well
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

(Note: I only said I only needed my cat back so I'd have an excuse to only give a hint.)

(Also, I can confirm that TC is one of only two members I have ever told my location to. Anyone else who knows is a moderator with the ability to check my IP address.)

(And one last thing. If you do figure out where I live, don't publicly post it. Let those who can't figure it out suffer...)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That is a slightly creepy Valentine. :p
Duster

Post by Duster »

Sleet wrote:That is a slightly creepy Valentine. :p
Agreed, but to follow up on JeffCVT's hint I believe I know where he's hinting at.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Radio Blue Heart

Gasp! How did you know I live in North Carolina?! Oh, yeah...

Sleet wrote:That is a slightly creepy Valentine. :p
Could be worse, Sleety Petey. Could be A heart shaped box with an actual heart inside.
-Virgil

Post by 0404 »

JeffCvt wrote:Image

(Note: I only said I only needed my cat back so I'd have an excuse to only give a hint.)

(Also, I can confirm that TC is one of only two members I have ever told my location to. Anyone else who knows is a moderator with the ability to check my IP address.)

(And one last thing. If you do figure out where I live, don't publicly post it. Let those who can't figure it out suffer...)
Here, her's your Kyria back. Your gunieapig has been eaten by my kitty.
and you are just as evil as Sleet. you enjoy people suffering from curiosity.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I do enjoy people suffering. But only the kind of suffering that won't lead to any physical or mental damage. Like not knowing where I live.

The sad thing is that the average person living in the United States probably wouldn't get my hint. And I'm not giving any more.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

So It looks like I'm only going to have to pull one all-nighter to get through mid-terms. I just wish I hadn't done so before the day I work a 7 hour shift in the dishroom.
This is officially Seth's drink more coffee than a human can safely consume day.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Careful, I'd hate to hear you'd suffered a lethal caffeine overdose. I don't have much of a knowledge of toxicology, but I'm sure Sleet will pop in and let us know how much you'd probably need to consume to kill yourself.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I fear no beverage. Let it try. : p
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Holy poo my internal clock is screwed up. I fell asleep at my computer again at 7 pm last night, woke up at midnight, and fell back asleep at 3 AM to get up at about 7 AM. I had gotten about six hours of sleep Sunday night, so it's not like I wore myself out or anything. Why.
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sorry Beagle, my sleep ray slipped.
Sent from my conifer.
Radio Blue Heart

Beagle wrote:Holy poo my internal clock is screwed up. I fell asleep at my computer again at 7 pm last night, woke up at midnight, and fell back asleep at 3 AM to get up at about 7 AM. I had gotten about six hours of sleep Sunday night, so it's not like I wore myself out or anything. Why.
You are learning the joys of the college lifestyle!

Our little girl is growing up!
-Virgil
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

I'm in school and I have the same problem.
Sent from my conifer.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I'm in college and I don't have that problem!