My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

IceKitsune

Re: My Little Pony

Post by IceKitsune »

Really as much as I believe this (I pretty much consider it 90% true at this point, I think its rather unlikely that 5 people all suddenly decided to troll the fandom on the exact same day by confirming the exact same info.) there is still a part of me that has a feeling that is could be an elaborate ruse and troll on the fandom. I guess we will have to wait for a more official source to find out 100% for sure, so until something else pops up or San Diego Comic-Con International comes we will have to wait for that source.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i'm pretty sure this is why cloudsdale won't get the equestria games
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I love that guy's work. So cartoony.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I'm pretty sure there are... a few more than 5 people out there who would be more than willing to jump on something like this if anyone decided to make a troll post about the upcoming movie. I'm not sure I understand why you think in a pool of tens--if not hundreds--of millions of people who are aware of the show and the fandom, that it would be "unlikely" or "hard to believe" that a number able to be counted on a single hand would "come together" to troll the fandom on something as big as the first film of G4.

That aside, I don't buy it. The only names the people who have "confirmed" this gave for their sources were Mandopony and Sibsy, neither of whom have made public comments about this themselves. Anyone can claim to have insider information about a topic like this, so I'll be waiting for an actual confirmation.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

KJOokami wrote:I'm pretty sure there are... a few more than 5 people out there who would be more than willing to jump on something like this if anyone decided to make a troll post about the upcoming movie. I'm not sure I understand why you think in a pool of tens--if not hundreds--of millions of people who are aware of the show and the fandom, that it would be "unlikely" or "hard to believe" that a number able to be counted on a single hand would "come together" to troll the fandom on something as big as the first film of G4.

That aside, I don't buy it. The only names the people who have "confirmed" this gave for their sources were Mandopony and Sibsy, neither of whom have made public comments about this themselves. Anyone can claim to have insider information about a topic like this, so I'll be waiting for an actual confirmation.
Ok one is a writer and higher up on DerpyHooves News, One used to run conventions, one is an animator and cartoonist in the industry, and one used to know Mando before FIM came around. Look its not 100% I will give you that, but I find it hard to believe that these five people would troll the fandom like this. What exactly would they gain from this anyway? Its not even like the news is anything to get angry about anyway I mean if this was something that actually effected the show I would be more likely to believe they would make it up to troll the fandom and get people angry but there is nothing to get angry about here.

Mando and Sibsy can't say anything right now because they are almost certainly under an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) as anyone on the show would be. If they say anything they would be fired and fined huge amounts of money.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:Mando and Sibsy can't say anything right now because they are almost certainly under an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) as anyone on the show would be. If they say anything they would be fired and fined huge amounts of money.
Then either whoever cited them as a source is a huge jerk or that just pokes a hole in the theory. Why would either of them break the NDA to someone who was just going to blab about what they heard and incriminate them?
If you're told something in confidence, you don't just confirm it if someone else guesses, and you certainly don't cite your source.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Mando and Sibsy can't say anything right now because they are almost certainly under an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) as anyone on the show would be. If they say anything they would be fired and fined huge amounts of money.
Then either whoever cited them as a source is a huge jerk or that just pokes a hole in the theory. Why would either of them break the NDA to someone who was just going to blab about what they heard and incriminate them?
If you're told something in confidence, you don't just confirm it if someone else guesses, and you certainly don't cite your source.
I've actually heard that him and Mando had a falling out a while back so it could be some kind of revenge. Really though even if you assume that he hadn't heard it first hand and is just saying that he heard it from Mando and Sibsy to get back at them for something It only pokes holes in one of the sources not the other 4.

Look even I don't believe this 100% yet however as it stands we have 4 maybe 5 pretty good sources all saying the same thing with not much of a reason to lie about it. Even if this was a troll (which it could be) its not a very good one because there is nothing to get angry or worked up about and its not like they would be trying to raise expectations and then crush them because no one really likes this that much either even if there is nothing to get mad about.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

I have new theory on Princess Twilight. She gets the powers, they go to her head... Twilight Sparkle becomes the new Nightmare Moon!

The cycle begins again!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I still don't believe those movie rumors. Plus that sounds like a terrible idea.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i don't believe the rumors for the movie
that's all i have to say
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:there is nothing to get angry or worked up about
uhh... dude.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:the fandom is Rarity
they're going to get worked up and upset, even if it doesn't directly affect the show.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:there is nothing to get angry or worked up about
uhh... dude.
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:the fandom is Rarity
they're going to get worked up and upset, even if it doesn't directly affect the show.
Actually from what Ive seen most people don't care about it most people trying to troll with it just get shut down over on /mlp/ (either people think its fake or they just don't care about it since its a spin off that wont effect anything) the only thing I've really seen anyone get upset over is the part where it seems that they cut season 3 down to 13 episodes for it and that was only a few people. Its much, much less of a freak out then say Alicorn Twilight or Discord is Starswirl the Bearded.

Anyway I don't see the point in talking about this further until more info comes out either confirming this or denying it. So on to the finale can't wait to see that happen I just wonder how in the world they are going to fit it all into 22 minutes. I could see them pulling a cliffhanger and picking it up in the season 4 opener.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Given the amount of ground they're going to have to cover, I'd say it's certainly a realistic possibility that they'll end the season on a cliffhanger. That said, I reeeeeeeaaaaaally hope they don't do that. Mostly because, due to the significantly shortened season (even with the breaks added), we're looking at a solid 7+ month block until S4 begins. That's an uncomfortably long time to have to sit on a cliffhanger.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

KJOokami wrote:Given the amount of ground they're going to have to cover, I'd say it's certainly a realistic possibility that they'll end the season on a cliffhanger. That said, I reeeeeeeaaaaaally hope they don't do that. Mostly because, due to the significantly shortened season (even with the breaks added), we're looking at a solid 7+ month block until S4 begins. That's an uncomfortably long time to have to sit on a cliffhanger.
Well since the season was shortened if they do cliffhanger it I could see them having season 4 air earlier then normal. Still it would be quite a wait either way the earliest we would get it would be maybe early/mid summer. But then again who knows when the movie will come out it could be shortly after SDCCI so we could have the movie by July to hold us over.

Edit: I just can't help thinking of this cliffhanger (which was also the season 3 finale) This thing ruined so many Trek nerds summers. It would be awesome if they do cliffhanger it, that its actually something dramatic like that somehow someway.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Meh. We'll probably get a rushed episode like the season 1 finale.

Although, there are worse things to be similar to than Star Trek "Best of Both Worlds".
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Posssible season finale song leaked If its not its an extremely good fake.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I enjoyed that. It's probably real.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Bahahahahahahahah!

http://derpibooru.org/240831

I promise, it's safe. The image is hidden due to spoilers, not because of anything dirty. Or at least, nothing dirty appeared when I clicked it. Though it does require knowledge of Doctor Who.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

that is awesome.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Penwrite wrote:Bahahahahahahahah!

http://derpibooru.org/240831

I promise, it's safe. The image is hidden due to spoilers, not because of anything dirty. Or at least, nothing dirty appeared when I clicked it. Though it does require knowledge of Doctor Who.
That is both a bit sad and funny at the same time and as for the song yeah I think its ok the Pinkie Pie and AppleJack parts at the end are better then the rest of it.

Edit: M.A. Larson tweet If he is not out right messing with us and he is trying to tell us something here in a joking way I'm calling the finale being an hour long special. (P.S. if it gets deleted its him saying that all the spoilers/leaks add up to more then 22 minutes and hes confused as to why)
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

"Horse Power" weighs in on the fate of "Fighting is Magic".

http://horsepower.emeraldcoastcomics.ne ... -fighting/
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/02/m ... .html#more

Well, this seems all but confirmed now. I'm sorry, but... this just seems really, really stupid to me. I try to be as understanding and patient as I can be with this property, I always try my hardest to see the silver lining, but this... I don't get it. Human, in what looks disturbingly like a high school? What, are they going to have episodes around prom, and makeovers, and boyfriends, and not failing the history exam?

Why? I remember them saying this new spin-off will be aimed at older girls, but how does making them humans do that?

*brain explodes*
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

also, if the spoiler image is actually real, it's not even making them humans as they exist in our world. Otherwise everyone would be wondering why Rainbow Dash is blue.

On the bright side, it doesn't effect the main show.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:also, if the spoiler image is actually real, it's not even making them humans as they exist in our world. Otherwise everyone would be wondering why Rainbow Dash is blue.

On the bright side, it doesn't effect the main show.
I'm actually happy this is true one because it will very likely fail spectacularly and two because if it doesn't it doesn't effect the main show at all. So its like it doesn't even matter regardless of which outcome there is. Also the spoiler image looks to be true considering the Trixie image below that stuff. Regardless I will give this show my usual 5 episode chance and see if I like it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I hope it doesn't displace the original. I don't want to have to watch another All Grown Up. DX
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sleet wrote:I hope it doesn't displace the original. I don't want to have to watch another All Grown Up. DX
Why in the world would it do that? FIM is way to popular to end it this soon, also at least we have something to hold us over till season 4.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

From what I gathered, none of the current writers of FiM are working on the IP of Equestia Girls.

I think if it does turn out to be humans, the only thing that would annoy me is that fact that it's not Galaxy Girls.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Coronation Event Recap Very Mild spoilers for the finale. She said it was very enjoyable and that Celestia Sings! I can not wait for this thing it basically has to be a complete musical because its says that their are multiple songs. Its the only way I can see them fitting it in 22 minutes with out some kind of cliffhanger or something.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Sleet wrote:I hope it doesn't displace the original. I don't want to have to watch another All Grown Up. DX
*falls into a fetal position and screams from the mention of All Grown Up*

*gets back up after half an hour*

Okay, okay, I'm good. That's actually my worst fear for this new IP, that it'll be the stereotypical "teens in school" show. Which I admit is odd, considering I actually like My Little Pony Tales, which kinda did the same thing.

Hm, wait a minute. If G4 is closest to G1, and this new thing is similar to G2... then we have a whole show before we reach the next G3!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The new G3 will be My Little Pony Babyz.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

EQD write up on the Coronation event Calling it now Its a musical all the way though.

Edit: Another Finale image Fluttershy is Pinkie Pie
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Yeah, It's gotta be a musical.

apparently there's another song leaked
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Yeah, It's gotta be a musical.

apparently there's another song leaked
Yeah there is a rumor that there are at least 5 songs in total in the whole thing or something like that. We know of 3 of them (True,True Friend, The Cutie Mark Song, and one sung by Celestia)

Edit: Never mind it turns out I Belong is fake its from another movie according to Ponychan and /mlp/ http://www.myxer.com/artist/id/55536698 ... the-First/

Edit 2
: Preview of the Cutie Mark Song/Finale Clip I'm really liking Pinkie Pie with that southern accent it oddly works for her. Also I love how it basically says that the cutie mark means basically nothing and they get it because they are good at something not that they are good at something because they have that things cutie mark.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:Edit: Never mind it turns out I Belong is fake its from another movie according to Ponychan and /mlp/ http://www.myxer.com/artist/id/55536698 ... the-First/
Dang it, I should have known it was fake considering I got it from Jenny (from FiW)'s Tumblr.
and now I'm surprised Griffin didn't post a Zoe Trent song and claim it was Celestia's song. :/
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Another Clip from the Finale Also There is going to be a total of 7 songs in the whole thing! That is going to be a lot of music to remix!

Edit:One final Clip Basically all but the Alicorn parts have been shown really at this point

EDIT: Ok just watched the episode. It was much much better then I expected. The only way I can put it is they kill Twilight and she goes to some kind of limbo/heaven (I really don't know what else you would call that) then Celestia resurrects her as an Alicorn. Also we learn that Celestia can just pop into heaven/limbo whenever she feels like it. The songs were all very good and pretty memorable I really enjoyed the third song (name I can't remember right now) when Twilight was all depressed in her room. I actually want the original and a remix of Celestias Song that one is going to be high up on my favorite song list I think. It also confirmed what I thought in that the spell messed with the main 5 and made them think they had always had those cutie marks. Not that they force you to do the talents (unless its cutie pox but that is something different) like some people thought happens. Also Derpy was in the episode twice, once when Twilight was walking though ponyville in the background and at the end for a few seconds eyes and all. The only down side was the episode was, it was understandably a bit rushed, but I don't think anyone expected otherwise so it doesn't hurt it at all. 9/10 much better then I thought it would be.

Also Twilight and Shining Armors Parents have got to be the most proud parent in the history of the universe. Their Son was captain of Royal Guard, married a Princess became a Prince; their daughter was the student of the ruler of their land, saved the world multiple times and is now a Princess herself. There is no better then that I think.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

The manchildren and whiners are being drowned out by people who seem to have remembered that this is still a cartoon show and not War and Peace. Now if we could just deal with the endless backseat drivers who seem to think they know better then the writers and animators..
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok forget what I said about Derpy above from the screen caps from /mlp/ Derpy is actually in the episode at least 5 times, and one of the times she winks at the camera.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I saw an episode the day it came out! It's a miracle!

*does a little jig*

Anyway, I thought that was very good. The music was spectacular! Most of the previous songs this season have been merely okay in my opinion, but the songs this episode were... just wow.

Also, not sure if it's just me or not, but the animation seemed to have taken a leap in quality as well. Anyone else?

Edit: oh yeah, also, Celestia's full royal attire was awesome. I loved her big crown.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That was really good! Though I'm curious what they're even going to do with the special now. What's left to do?

I was disappointed we didn't get to see Twilight fly until the very last minute, though. And what are they even going to do for Season 4? I guess she could go back to being "just a pony." Maybe episode one could be about her struggling with the royal life, preferring her old life, and eventually coming to a conclusion where she's allowed to do her royal duties from Ponyville, thereby allowing the show to continue its usual style without retconning Twilight's princesshood.

Pinkie was great, as always, and I laughed out loud at the "liquid pride" line. Also, Quills and Sofas callback!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Three episodes that come to mind right away for season 4. The Obvious Dash and Twilight episode were she learns more about flying, one where she learns about being a princess and how to balance between that and her freinds; and one where her freinds run her ragged because of her new powers by asking for a bunch of favors.