My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Penwrite

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Penwrite »

JeffCvt wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:unless there's someone you have to deal with every day who will be annoying about it you have no reason to hide it.
That's why I keep it from my parents. My mom wouldn't make a big deal of it so much, but my dad may.

I mean, he lets me live my life the way I want. But if things just ever get to a point that I'm helping him with something and it's not going right, he's getting aggravated, and I don't know what I'm doing because I've never done it before or his instructions are unclear due to him becoming aggravated, he's laid blame on me in the past because I watch "Those dumb [cencored] cartoons" or "Play those stupid video games all day" and apparently rot my brain.

Quite a bit ago he walked in my room when I was reading Penwrite's fic and asked what I was doing, so I just said I was reading a story about magic and heroes going on a quest or something. Sure enough a week or two later, when I couldn't figure out how to do something, he said that if I worked more and didn't read about "magic" I would be better at that kind of stuff.

I could only imagine if he knew that it was about MLP or that I watch the show. But other than that, I can't say that I really care. Even the kids in school who would pester me about it. I'm at the point I can shut them out. (Heck, I freely play "Brony" music out loud in carpentry class. Not that any of the kids actually know it is.)
Eep! Sorry to indirectly get you into trouble, mate.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i don't know how anyone i know would react
so i just don't mention it at all
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well this is an interesting development Looks like a new MLP:FIM IP is coming down the pipe which is aimed at Older Girls; Teenage and above. Also we get a made for TV Movie Special (I knew we would get the movie! :D) I don't know what to think about this right now not enough info.

Just do a keyword search for Bronies the article is pretty long and its only a very small part of it.

Edit: My god do I hate this fandom some time. There is barely any info about any of this and the second that we hear about this stuff people are already screaming that its going to suck and the fandom is over and what not. This is completely stupid everyone needs to calm down until new info comes out we don't even know who is handling the new IP I mean if its Studio B then there should be no problems.

Edit 2:EQD post about it plus some more info To me it really sounds like this is going to be a Spin off of FIM.

Edit 3: Another Clip from this weeks episode Also mild spoilers for the Clip Rainbow's Dad is shown
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

IceKitsune wrote:Also mild spoilers for the Clip Rainbow's Dad is shown
I like to imagine his name is Rainbow Dad
also we don't know he's her dad, maybe she has an older brother.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:Also mild spoilers for the Clip Rainbow's Dad is shown
I like to imagine his name is Rainbow Dad
also we don't know he's her dad, maybe she has an older brother.
Ok yeah it could be but I'm going with Dad for now because it will likely be until the episode airs and some one asks that we find out.
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

i am excited for all this news
a new ip for an older audience could lead to better stories
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I wonder if the new show will have a new cast of characters. That will be... weird, at least for a little while. All we've known for these past few years are Twilight and friends.

Hmm...
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Excuse my ignorance, but what does IP stand for?
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Intellectual Property, I believe
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Excuse my ignorance, but what does IP stand for?
Don't worry Ive seen over the past couple of hours since this broke that a lot of people don't know. It stands for Intellectual Property basically a new idea, in this case a new MLPFIM show that is most likely a spin off based on the movie they are making.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I've finished another pic

Sweetie belle is best skater.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ooh, I like!

>.>

<.<

*gives Sweetie Belle skates in his Crusaders fic*
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

So in a move that should shock absolutely no one at all Hasbro has just C&D'd Fighting is Magic. http://www.mane6.com/
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:So in a move that should shock absolutely no one at all Hasbro has just C&D'd Fighting is Magic. http://www.mane6.com/
yeah, not surprising. Hopefully Hasbro will let them continue eventually unless they plan to make their own pony fighting game.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
IceKitsune wrote:So in a move that should shock absolutely no one at all Hasbro has just C&D'd Fighting is Magic. http://www.mane6.com/
yeah, not surprising. Hopefully Hasbro will let them continue eventually unless they plan to make their own pony fighting game.
If Hasbro was smart they would buy the game off the Devs let them finish then sell the thing on their website or on the 360 and PS3 and it has happened before with StreetfighterXMegaman
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Yeah, that would be great.
It seems to me like Hasbro's been expanding the ponies out with the comic and this new IP, both seemingly targeted to an older audience. maybe they feel the bronies can be catered to separately while keeping the original show to sell toys to the target demographic.

in which case, buying the fan made fighting game may be a little more likely.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

I don't think it's possible to put something made in Fight Maker 2k on console.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

SON OF A GUM-CHEWING FUNK MONSTER! WHY THE FRUIT DOES ALL THIS FUNNY STUFF HAPPEN TO ME! FORGET MY LIFE ALWAYS SURROUNDED BY MISERABLE FAILING CLODS LIKE THIS WHOLE WORLD LIKES TO BEND ME OVER AND FIND ME IN THE ALPS LIKE I'M SOME SORT OF SLOP RECEPTACLE! WELL AS FAR AS I CARE, THESE MISERABLE COWS CAN HAVE A FANCY BARBECUE WITH A GOSH DARN PIG!

It wouldn't be so annoying if Hasbro did this, like, a week or two into development. But they've been working on this game for months! It's not the thought that I won't be able to play the game that really bothers me, it's just how the crew will never be able to get that time back. :(
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

They should finish it in secret and then leak it onto the internet. I know that there is another game that violates many more copyrights called "Mugen". It was released that way.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:They should finish it in secret and then leak it onto the internet. I know that there is another game that violates many more copyrights called "Mugen". It was released that way.
If they don't come to an agreement with Hasbro this is a very likely possibility. Also Mugen is just an engine not a game, and in no way violates any copyrights because it was made from scratch. Just because people rip sprites and use copyrighted things on it doesn't mean that Mugen itself is violating copyright.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Lauren Faust just offered to provide Mane6 with original characters to make a game with.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

LAUREN FAUST IS THE MOST AMAZINGEST PERSON EVER.

Not counting, you know, actual heroes and stuff.

LAUREN FAUST I LOVE YOU.
exranio

Post by exranio »

That really doesn't change the circumstances at all. It would still require completely remaking every aspect of the game from the begining. And all they would have is character designs.
Attacks need to be completely rethought. Entire new sprites, new music, new mechanics, new everything. Its not a saving grace or blessing from the skies. It's just "You can use my characters".

Its starting everything from ground one again. Just they know stuff works now.
Just sayin.

Also I think a Galaxy Girls game would be in direct competition with SkullGirls.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

but it would have Lauren Faust's stamp of approval and that's good.

and at least they'd now have characters they know wouldn't cause them to be shut down. Yes, they'd have to start from scratch, but they'd be able to produce a product.

I still hope they can reach an agreement with Hasbro.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
exranio

Post by exranio »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:but it would have Lauren Faust's stamp of approval and that's good.

and at least they'd now have characters they know wouldn't cause them to be shut down. Yes, they'd have to start from scratch, but they'd be able to produce a product.
I entirely fail to see how Faust's approval makes anything better, at all.
Secondly there's a very easy way to have characters that won't get you shut down. Make them. Well easy if you have an idea of design anyway.

But yes I also hope they make a negotiation. As a fighting game player I have been waiting for this.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

exranio wrote:
RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:but it would have Lauren Faust's stamp of approval and that's good.

I entirely fail to see how Faust's approval makes anything better, at all.
I meant about the Skull Girls vs Galaxy Girls thing. the Galaxy girls wold have Faust's name behind it to make it at least give Skull Girls a run for its money
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Lauren Faust is the best. <3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Ok I'm sorry but I have to rant here for a bit: this has to be one of the dumbest fandoms I have ever been a part of. Some one literally made some stuff up about season 4 and said that some guy who streams and uploads the episodes some times has secret info and ANIMATION FROM SEASON 4! that he got from Hasbro itself; which is just completely stupid as all heck. That is not a thing that is even possible like no company would ever, ever do this in a million years and even when its pointed out that, that is the case they refuse to believe it. They have bullied and harassed this guy and his girlfriend over the course of the day on twitter and other places based on an impossible unsourced rumor because they believe that Hasbro and everyone is out to get rid of them.

Never before have I seen a fandom so willing to believe every little rumor without sources and think that everything is always going to be terrible with out even knowing what is going to happen or having an info about it before in my life.

Also if Faust does end up doing that for Mane6 that would be seriously sweet as heck can't wait to see what happens there.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:Ok I'm sorry but I have to rant here for a bit: this has to be one of the dumbest fandoms I have ever been a part of. Some one literally made some stuff up about season 4 and said that some guy who streams and uploads the episodes some times has secret info and ANIMATION FROM SEASON 4! that he got from Hasbro itself; which is just completely stupid as all heck. That is not a thing that is even possible like no company would ever, ever do this in a million years and even when its pointed out that, that is the case they refuse to believe it. They have bullied and harassed this guy and his girlfriend over the course of the day on twitter and other places based on an impossible unsourced rumor because they believe that Hasbro and everyone is out to get rid of them.

Never before have I seen a fandom so willing to believe every little rumor without sources and think that everything is always going to be terrible with out even knowing what is going to happen or having an info about it before in my life.
I haven't heard of this but sadly it doesn't surprise me.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

exranio wrote:I've finished another pic
Sweetie belle is best skater.
Wait, you made that? I saw that in my feed and tough it was freaking awesome.

-------------------------

Posting this week summery made by a user called YoshiEgg25 on Reddit:
Tuesday, January 29:
Hasbro reveals that the Season 3
finale will feature the coronation of Twilight Sparkle as Princess, who has been transformed into an alicorn. Entertainment Weekly story

Wednesday, January 30:
"Friendship is Witchcraft", which had been down for an extended period of time due to Hasbro's new usage of YouTube's Content ID system, has been reuploaded to http://sherclop.com/. Sherclop tweet

Tuesday, February 5:
The Hub debuts "Most Interesting Ponies in the World" commercial, an apparent homage to well-known brony DustyKatt. YouTube video
Amy Keating Rogers announces that she will be returning to write for Season 4.

Wednesday, February 6:
Season 4 is confirmed to have 26 episodes by an errant remark on Daniel Ingram's website.

Thursday, February 8:
Additional content for the "Bronies" documentary is shut down by producers, citing piracy as the reason. Kickstarter update
An assistant editor of the documentary finds out about the eventual loss of his job from Reddit's /r/mylittlepony board and does an AMA filled with drama.

Friday, February 9:
Hasbro reveals that MLP will get a TV movie, along with teasing a new IP related to the show. Transformer World announcement

ManeSix announces that Hasbro has sent them a cease and desist letter to stop all production on "Fighting is Magic", and one member of the team quits in response.

Lauren Faust offers to assist them with creating original content for the game to keep it from being shut down.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

New episode was great RD had some nice moments and the plot while over done was nice. Coach Shining Armor was nice and Rainbow Dash splatting on the window was hilarious. I also loved Twilights little calming trick which I hope they keep around in the future. The episode with in a episode parts were very nice (to the point that the stream I was watching thought it was a rerun a first :P) I also loved when the pony had her head in a pot (I forget her name right now if she had one)and she was running around and crashing into stuff. Overall a pretty good episode and you can see were they are setting up for Twilight to become a Princess (Mentioning that there are many different kingdoms and what not) 8/10 for me.

Also minor spoilers for the Season Finale Rainbow Dash becomes Fluttershy, Rarity becomes Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie becomes AppleJack. those are the Cutie Mark swaps we know so far.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I'm halfway through the episode right now. I think I know what's going to happen, and it's just going to be absolutely painful (In a good way) to watch the rest if I'm right.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like how it fits into the last episode. I thought that was a cute touch.

And Pinkie Pie. What a great spaz. <3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

these past couple weeks have taught me that the fandom is Rarity

I enjoyed the episode. I knew they had the wrong pony as soon as they started greeting her. also, now they'll have to greet everyone like that or they got the games on false pretenses.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So I know this is a real long-shot and it's just silly to be guessing this early, but the thought occurred to me when I saw some gryphon statues in this latest episode. What if the spin-off show takes place in the Crystal Empire?

I know it's crazy, but wouldn't that be cool?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:these past couple weeks have taught me that the fandom is Rarity
That is actually insanely accurate really. Also if you did watch the preview for the next episode I'm going to make a guess here on a little something It looks like that Alicorns are made with The Elements of Harmony therefore it is very very likely that Celestia and Luna were actually regular Unicorns until they found them and then they were transformed into Alicorns
Penwrite wrote:So I know this is a real long-shot and it's just silly to be guessing this early, but the thought occurred to me when I saw some gryphon statues in this latest episode. What if the spin-off show takes place in the Crystal Empire?

I know it's crazy, but wouldn't that be cool?
That is possible but we need to know more about the movie before guessing anything because its likely that could introduce some new place.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Sorry to double post here but I think this is big enough news to deserve it, and no one else is posting right now so I feel like no one will see this with just an edit. If the mods feel other wise please edit the posts back together.

Unless we are seriously being screwed with here looks like we know what the spin off is about now Info about the spin off Second source saying the same thing There is a third source (that is linked in the first source) but due to other content I will not link it directly.

Now as for the spin off I'm going to say basically what I said on 4 chan: This is a Spinoff that will not effect FIM in anyway its an alternate universe so I'm cool with this. I think its kind of a dumb idea and likely will fail horribly but who cares.

If its good then we have a great little spin off to be fans of. If its not we just pretend that it doesn't exist. Nothing to freak out about here IMO. That is all I really have to say on the matter as it stands.

Two more tumblers reporting the same thing Another source
Yet another source

I think we can say this is very likely true at this point if its not then quite a few people are trolling the fandom with this same exact thing.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:Sorry to double post here but I think this is big enough news to deserve it, and no one else is posting right now so I feel like no one will see this with just an edit. If the mods feel other wise please edit the posts back together.

Unless we are seriously being screwed with here looks like we know what the spin off is about now Info about the spin off Second source saying the same thing There is a third source (that is linked in the first source) but due to other content I will not link it directly.

Now as for the spin off I'm going to say basically what I said on 4 chan: This is a Spinoff that will not effect FIM in anyway its an alternate universe so I'm cool with this. I think its kind of a dumb idea and likely will fail horribly but who cares.

If its good then we have a great little spin off to be fans of. If its not we just pretend that it doesn't exist. Nothing to freak out about here IMO. That is all I really have to say on the matter as it stands.

Two more tumblers reporting the same thing Another source
Yet another source

I think we can say this is very likely true at this point if its not then quite a few people are trolling the fandom with this same exact thing.
If you'll notice, the original source for all of those Tumblr posts, as well as the article you linked, is a fairly unreliable source. It's a tumblr devoted to making fun of the pony fandom in general, why would they seriously report a story about the show.

I'm fairly certain this is the fandom being trolled
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

They are all confirming that the first source is true because they all have heard the same thing from different people. They aren't using the first post as a source they are saying its true because they have independently heard the same things and no longer can get in trouble for it (or no longer care) because they cat is already out of the bag.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well I still won't believe it until there's an official source confirming it. Primarily because I can't believe Hasbro would choose to use existing characters and change their species to make a new show. I'd believe they'd make a new show along these lines, but If they're targeting older girls with this, wouldn't they be at an age where they might start questioning why they're selling human dolls while still calling it "my little pony"?

as you said, if it is true it doesn't effect FiM in any way, but still. It's silly even for a marketing strategy.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets