One-Offs Set Whatever

For old comic discussions threads! seriously what did you think
Duster

Re: One-Offs Set Whatever

Post by Duster »

Look at Roosevelt's expression it's too cute! You wouldn't really know he had that side to him by seeing him watch a football *excuse me*, an American Football game.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Well, it's just that I've seen Foxstar put a stop to similar speculations/guesses/etc., and this is leaving room for them to be validated.... :?. It's also getting into the territory of problematic due to controversy.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Well, it's just that I've seen Foxstar put a stop to similar speculations/guesses/etc., and this is leaving room for them to be validated.... :?. It's also getting into the territory of problematic due to controversy.
It was because of how out of control some of the things that were being speculated between King and Fox back then. People from comments to fan-art were noticably trying to get them pictured as a couple back then from my memory. It was one of those things that could've made the King and Fox relation back then painted in a bad picture.

It's not that it's wrong, but when characters are painted by the fanbase as something completely different at times, it can get really out of hand sometimes. I'm sure Foxstar was trying to put an end to something like that back then and was just being strict about it for the comic's sake.

Also, I like the Kangaroos as well. I'm also speculating from the drawing Rick posted that they are closer than we think as well, but let's just say I like to hear the details this time around rather than assume. =P *Looks back at The Bigglesworths* >_>
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Gren

Post by Gren »

I think people are overthinking this too much. I don't see how this could affect me in anything, so I don't know why is so important still talking about this. If they are a couple, good for them, and if not, maybe someday they can find someone whether male or female who love them. I doubt this could affect something between King and Fox because they are different characters, so I don't see a reason to drag them to this subject again.
And who knows, if people still bothering about this, maybe Rick could release an "ultimate over trolling" saying that they are brothers :lol:

Changing the subject, I like the new style for Spot comics, it seems more realistic now.

However, there's something I noticed since the start of the new style, but I don't know if it's just me or all think the same. To me it seems the age of some characters had change with the new style. For example, Grape, Peanut (even Spot), King and Fox looks more younger than before; some others looks the same age, like Bailey, Fido and Sabrina; and others looks older, like Sasha, Bino, Zach and Max (though this last could be just because he looks more rough now).
At first it was just for the appearance, but now there are others things, like Peanut doing the appearance of Spot more childish and have some grammar mistakes, like "brans" or "repitoire". Also, with this comic it's seems Peanut and Grape are sleeping in the same room, so that could be interpreted it as they are that young that didn't need to have their own room because they didn't mind to share it.
Maybe I am overthinking this, but who knows, maybe that was one of the purposes of the new style.

By the way, it was really hard and awkward understand all of that wall of text XD (I mean, the last panel of Spot comic)
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

How do you know it's not supposed to be "brans"? :P

Also I like how it now appears on the entire piece of paper rather than just having lines in the background, Teen Girl Squad-style.
PhoenixAsper wrote:Well, it's just that I've seen Foxstar put a stop to similar speculations/guesses/etc., and this is leaving room for them to be validated.... :?. It's also getting into the territory of problematic due to controversy.
The difference between Bruce and Roosevelt and Fox and King is that Fox and King aren't actually together.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Liam

Post by Liam »

We can all be glad they didn't start talking about trade tariffs. ;3

This strip brings back memories.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Daaaaaa~dadadada~dadaDAda!!!!

Well, crap. Now noone will call me original when i make that Star Trek Hosuepets fanfic someday. D:
Duster

Post by Duster »

The Bran's of the Universe sounds more like a reference to the Green Lantern comics Guardians of the universe. I suppose Star Trek fits as well due to the supposed legal setting of the strip, although the Guardians of the universe also like to play judge and jury(and sometimes executioner).
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
valerio

Post by valerio »

GameCobra wrote:Daaaaaa~dadadada~dadaDAda!!!!

Well, crap. Now noone will call me original when i make that Star Trek Hosuepets fanfic someday. D:
You still can go for Space:1999 Housepets fanfic!
And it's easier too: you got a whole base for shenanigans :lol:
Gray

Post by Gray »

I don't know what is it with the controversy, but the roos' new pic is so cute :3 Definitively I don't think they being a couple would change MUCH of the comic knowing they're secundary characters...

Also as some have mentioned already, I like how this last spot's comic's been made, it looks somehow more realistic.
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

mmm, bran
ImageImage
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

Those floppy ears make me think they are pets, those brans....

I wonder why Peanut has Grape as sole reader... he needs to expand!!! :D
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Well, Joey's drawn for the comic before, so she probably isn't the only one. She's just the first. :3
Gren

Post by Gren »

He also showed it to Sasha once
ImageImage
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Heheh classic joke. The faces are great :D
Sinder

Post by Sinder »

so angry

at everything
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

With all due respect I did not find this one very funny. I liked the art, though! The little details are cute.

Remember this if you ever wonder if I'm being inauthentic with my praise in the future. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Karl

Post by Karl »

..... Simon on the cover?
I'm a bookworm!
RockstarRaccoon
Worst Mod EVER!

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

So, it looks like Rick made some KanGAYroos? Neato. :b
Time for the fanbase to go screaming wild over this.
valerio wrote:Bruce and Roosevelt are the most normal couple, so far
I agree. Normal, same-species relationship without outside jealousy? Sounds pretty vanilla to me.
Hey guys, I'm one of the RP section mods. Feel free to bug me any time: I'm not strict and I try to be very approachable.
Fanfiction Character: Vallerie Nightengale (female, idiot)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

No candy this time? Not even for Grape? =P
kavviyenta

Post by kavviyenta »

Gren wrote:By the way, "ROOsvelt", I get the joke XD
Don't forget B-Roo-ce! Just wanting to say

As for the vet, at least Peanut know how Grape felt considering he didn't get the vet with the bad bedside manner before.
http://valito.deviantart.com/ my deviant gallery, nope there's no housepets in it

Unless you like Lilo & Stitch, kinda wish to see the experiments in housepets style
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

GameCobra wrote:No candy this time? Not even for Grape? =P
They probably squirmed.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:They probably squirmed.
Peanut? Impossible!

On a side note, this comic is the perfect thing to pin up at Vets.
Gray

Post by Gray »

lol, this one ain't bad, but hey, I'm desesperated for the new arc xD
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Peanut and Grape should tell Mr. Bigglesworth to get out of there while he/she still can.
Gren

Post by Gren »

okay, I had two thoughts about this comic the first time I read it. The first one was "geez, that joke is going to be impossible to translate in Spanish" and then, the next one was "wait a minute, they're going to receive shots without their owners? Almost seems like they adore to be tortured :lol:

Seriously, why they not escaped when no one was watching? :roll:
ImageImage
copper
Puppy Wrangler

Post by copper »

My only question.... where are the other Bigglesworth? The Horde doesn't get their shots together, or is it just that they all draw lots and one Bigglesworth goes in ten times, taking a shot for the team, so to speak?

Peanut with a sour face is just adorable. is there any way NOT to make that pup cute?

Distemper, Just wait until their Rabies Vaccinations!
My characters
Everybody has a story to tell. What's yours?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Maybe this one's not there for a routine shot, but is actually sick.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

GameCobra wrote:KICK HIM IN THE SHINS! SHOW HIM SHAME!
Needs more Jason Akermanis. xP

Since the in-webpage comments are gone, I'd like to add: Bruce has his priorities straight.