Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

KJOokami

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by KJOokami »

Deus Ex: Human Revolution is hard. :B

Either that or I'm just really bad at stealth-action games.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Zukio wrote:I haven't played Uncharted but it does look pretty cool.
Currently I am playing Persona for the first time, and I am in love.
Which Persona game? My favorite are Persona 2 Innocent sin and the Persona 2 Eternal Punishment.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

My friend says the Persona series is really good, I haven't played any myself yet. He also got me interested in Minecraft again, he's building a whole bunch of cool redstone machines and a giant tower and the combination of ingenuity and grandeur made me want to finish my rollercoaster.

I finished Solatorobo 100% a little while ago (so much fun! Pretty easy but the story is so good) so I'm looking for something new to fill my time. I don't have enough for Professor Layton: Miracle Mask otherwise it'd be that.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Ok i've just finished DmC... quite a good work they made. Plus i'm not sure, but somehow i think NT played with Capcom as much as Capcom played with them.

They managed to reboot the series... without rebooting ._. right now they're covered in both cases Capcom would ask them to make DmC2 or not. DmC manages to be an almost precise prequel of the prequel... not completely, but generally yes.

What a curious work they made. I'm quite impressed.
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Antichamber was just released on steam yesterday and I must say that it is an incredible game, holy crap! I recommend it to anyone who likes a good challenge. X3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

angelusbr wrote: Which Persona game? My favorite are Persona 2 Innocent sin and the Persona 2 Eternal Punishment.
I am mostly playing P4 on the PS2, but I got the other 3 for my PSP and am working backwards through the series. After I beat P3 I plan on playing P2.
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Heh, I did that with the original Ratchet and Clank series AS WELL AS the Ratchet and Clank Future series! :P R&C 3 then 2 then 1 and then when I got a PS3, R&C A Crack in Time, then Quest for Booty, then Tools of Destruction. I didn't mean it to, that's just the order I was able to obtain the games.

I'm on DeviantArt now!
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

Sadly the only ratchet & clank game I've played was one for PSP. I think the title was Size Matters. But I've seen playthroughs in the youtube of all others games and I enjoyed the story and jokes.
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

I recently acquired a PS3 Kiosk from a local GameStop. They took the original TV, so I mounted a PS3 3D Display on it.
This is my first time using a 3D television, so I'm anxious to start playing a fully 3D game on it.

The closest upcoming title that fits the bill is Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time. I've been waiting forever for that game.

- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

I've never played any of the Sly Cooper games. Are they really any good? I've heard a lot of talk about them in the recent months and thought about getting the PS3 re-releases.
Panda Panda Panda
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

The Sly games come from the 'Platformer Trio' of the PS2. If you enjoyed Ratchet & Clank or Jak & Daxter, you'll absolutely love the Sly series. The Sly Collection does an excellent job of porting the original trilogy to the PS3 with HD graphics. I find the games very fun and charming. The characters are likable and the gameplay is fantastic. For a measly $20, you get three full games, so it couldn't hurt to at least check it out. If you like the games, then the sequel will be out well before you get around to beating the first three.
- Esquire Fox

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

One of these days I want to go back and try Sly Cooper games. I feel like a bad furry.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Punchy

Post by Punchy »

I loved the Ratchet&Clank games. I'll have to get the Sly games soon then.
Panda Panda Panda
Duster

Post by Duster »

I have to agree with Punchy I really did like the ratchet and clank games for play station, although I lost interest in playing after I finished the third one.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
FritzyBeat

Post by FritzyBeat »

I just played videogames recently for the first time in over a month.
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
This time I got all the way from the Water Temple to the Prison in Gorudo Valley (thats how you spell it right?), up to the part where you finish finding all the Po's souls and open the door they were blocking. Next time I have to go through that door, but not for at least another month. I hate being away from home =P

btw, its still the best game I've ever played! :mrgreen:
Fino is coming, and he's bringing moon pizza.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

There seems to be so much hate on that game and I'll never understand why.
I don't care what anyone says, Twilight Princess is a fantastic game.
- Esquire Fox

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I have never heard anything negative about Twilight Princess other than that it's not as awesome as it should have been.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

I never played them as a kid, but I did try the first several levels of the first Sly Cooper game sometime last year. I honestly wasn't impressed much at all. The characters were cool, and I enjoyed the cinematics (though there weren't very many), but the gameplay itself was pretty clunky and kinda bored me, if I'm honest.

I was pretty bored with it by the end of the first level, but I kept going in hopes that it would pick up, but it just never did.

The art style was neat, though.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Twilight Princes is so great! Only problem is the City in the Sky, I don't like that dungeon.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I was disappointed by it. A name like "City in the Sky" sounds like the coolest thing ever but in practice it was kinda eh.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

You guys I haven't finished Twilight Princess yet! Don't spoil it for me! D:

I was doing some webcomic reading, and I stumbled across a reference to Hotel Dusk: Room 215. The Wiki page later pointed me to Trace Memory, (known as Another Code: Two Memories, by the rest of the world). I played these games when they first came out all those years ago and I couldn't remember their titles. They were so great! =D Trace Memory was intense, and I had no idea they had made a sequel, Another Code: Two Memories.

What do you mean the sequel was only released in Japan and Europe? *punches a wall*
Whatever, there are ways around that.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge and Rayman Legends on PS3 and 360

Me is happy
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

exranio

Post by exranio »

Is Razor's edge still really easy? I heard Ninja Giaden 3 was really easy.

The main reason I want a Wii U is Bayonetta 2 and P-1000. I love Platinum Games.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

For the Wii U I really want Pikmin 3. I also remember the fake trailer for Majora's Mask, and I wish it was real!
I like Pie!!!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Ninja Gaiden 3 was easy at normal. From hard to master ninja is really fun, and quite difficult. I still think is a great episode... it's just a little broken, less than Ninja Gaiden 2 actually, with the UT-on-landing spam

Seems like the normal difficulty improved though. I don't like the skill tree but... Oh well

KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Well, it seems that I'll be doing a Jak II playthrough in the near future. A friend of mine has a sister who fancies herself an artist (and she's pretty good), and after looking through her DA gallery, I found that she'd done a picture involving a ponified version of Jak. I told my friend that if she drew more Jak-pony art, I'd do a Collect-Every-Precursor-Orb run of Jak II; apparently he relayed this information to his sister, and she's now working on some more Jak-pony art. :B

I feel like I should buy a recording device so I can share any funny or entertaining bits that come up during what I can guarantee will be a rage-inducing endeavor. Does anyone have any insight into stuff like that? Like, some good models to aim for that won't break my budget, but that'll still give me some good-quality recording?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Welp, that was hard. But I finally found Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm liking it so far! I really like how you have a unit to represent yourself.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

KJOokami wrote:Well, it seems that I'll be doing a Jak II playthrough in the near future. A friend of mine has a sister who fancies herself an artist (and she's pretty good), and after looking through her DA gallery, I found that she'd done a picture involving a ponified version of Jak. I told my friend that if she drew more Jak-pony art, I'd do a Collect-Every-Precursor-Orb run of Jak II; apparently he relayed this information to his sister, and she's now working on some more Jak-pony art. :B

I feel like I should buy a recording device so I can share any funny or entertaining bits that come up during what I can guarantee will be a rage-inducing endeavor. Does anyone have any insight into stuff like that? Like, some good models to aim for that won't break my budget, but that'll still give me some good-quality recording?
Holy cow, I wish you every bit of luck! Please do record yourself, I'd love to see that! I never found Jak II super rage-inducing (except the water slums bit) but there were a number of Precursor Orb missions that nearly killed me and I never even found all of the missions so I'm sure there are plenty out there that are horrendous.

So, yeah...good luck! :P I don't know what equipment you might need to record yourself, I've been wanting to start my own gaming videos but I haven't yet been bothered to check out the equipment I might need. :P

I'm on DeviantArt now!
UnChance

Post by UnChance »

DVD recorders with some re-writable DVDs are a good cost efficient method. I'm not for sure, but Roxio capture cards also seem like a decent method, though I have never used one. I have used a Dazzle and their quality is . . . eh (but that's what you get when you pay 50 dollars for a capture card). That's all I've got. I hope it helps.

On a different note, I bought Legend of Grimrock but apparently I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING. Anyone played LoG or have some tips?
People are afraid to merge on freeways in Los Angeles.
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

Sleet wrote:Welp, that was hard. But I finally found Fire Emblem: Awakening. I'm liking it so far! I really like how you have a unit to represent yourself.
So it's not like how in the other where you had the tactician character that gets written out later in the game?
I like Pie!!!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yup! My character uses swords and magic and I assume that's how it always is. Though you get to choose which stat you want to up and which you want to down, so maybe what you use reflects on that?
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

That's pretty cool! What stats are you working on? I'll probably go for crit once I get to play.
I like Pie!!!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I chose to increase speed and decrease resistance.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

I choose Defense and Decreased Luck. But you will still get a surplus of everything as you play. The character you make is rather..... brokenly overpowered to the point that you can beat the game with a single character. Or at least so far my character is an unstoppable wrecking ball, but I like using other characters to make it more challenging. ^^
Also, hard-mode and characters are not immortal to make the game more challenging.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Really? My character isn't that powerful at all right now. I guess that's luck of the draw for ya.

Yeah, I'm playing Hard and Classic because I assumed that'd be about on par with the older Fire Emblem games (at least the English ones). Though I've noticed a distinct boost in speed from the enemies. It wasn't until I got a pegasus knight that I was actually able to strike twice ever. Alternatively, I think they increased the speed difference that's needed to attack twice. It used to be 4 but now I think it's 5 or 6.
FlintTheSquirrel

No matter how hard I try, I can not get the Pegasus Knight to become any bit useful, I just have her follow the Prince and thats about it. Her assists always do no damage. .-. The Wyrm Rider on the other hand..... that person is POWERFUL!

One compliment I have to give the game is they did an amazing job with character relations. Everyone has their own seperate story with one another, to the point where a lot of them can marry, and then [Spoilers] their children have unique conversations to whomever their parents were.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Is there still a limit on how many support conversations one character can have?
FlintTheSquirrel

You can only have one S rank support conversation per character, and that's about the only limit. Not every character can support one another, but there sure are a lot of them that can, and when you go through a support conversation, they can continue growing and will more likely help defend or attack with you on the battlefield.
It is defiantly a fun system, and you can make a lot of interesting combinations in these conversations. x3
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah I liked that Vaike and Miriel could have supports, for instance. *giggles*

I like that a lot better than the old system that limited it to 5!
TarkaTarquol

Post by TarkaTarquol »

You guys are torturing me with all this talk about Awakening! GameStop where I live is sold out right now, and they don't know when they're gonna get new copies in! X3