Post by Beagle »

@Housefox:
It would probably help if you were actually into girls in the first place. |D
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Re: Chat Thread 39: A Heartwarming Children's Movie

Post by Blue Braixen »

I don't remember saying I wasn't! I just happen to not be in a relationship with a girl at this time. :P
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

The reason most guys that are shy though from my experience though are because they are trying to be chivalrous, but are trying their darnest to not fall for the bad temptations that other people try to plague upon them and worry too much about things. The minute someone shouts behind their ears that "He thinks you're hot"? Pretty hard to keep your chivalrous nature when you worry about what others are thinking about you now. Bah, i say.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Tha Housefox wrote:I don't remember saying I wasn't! I just happen to not be in a relationship with a girl at this time. :P
Oh dear, I'm sorry! My apologies!

@GameCobra- Can you re-word that? I read it four times over and I don't understand what you're trying to say. :?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Beagle wrote:@GameCobra- Can you re-word that? I read it four times over and I don't understand what you're trying to say. :?
Nice guys are painted as something else underneath. It's one of those unfortunate shames they live with in schools for the most part when people know they are nice, but the moment someone tries to say something diffferent about them, they get defensive about it. Usually because they worry about thinking they are being painted as shy flirts.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Beagle wrote:
Tha Housefox wrote:I don't remember saying I wasn't! I just happen to not be in a relationship with a girl at this time. :P
Ha ha ha! I think she ships you, House! :lol:
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:
Beagle wrote:
Ha ha ha! I think she ships you, House! :lol:
Haha, I think I know him better than you do. :P
Radio Blue Heart

You are not amused, are you?
-Virgil
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I'm just being a jerk. :P

Also I'm not interested, and his boyfriend would rip my face off. :3
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Nah, he wouldn't. He's not a jealous person. x3
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Oh, well then... stop being jerks =P
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

But being a jerk is humanity's natural state. : p
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Seth wrote:Apparently crazy girls like me :? I don't understand the attraction I'm not particularly good boyfriend material. : p
Seth, you pretty much summed up my life since the 6th grade with this statement. Well, my "love life" if you could call it that.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

All the "weird" guys have liked me. I'm not talking about the dorky or geeky dudes, but the ones that have zero social skills and still act like they're in middle school. Hohoho, no thank you, I'm okay with being single and waiting for someone really great.

It's especially annoying when they continuously text my phone or Facebook me, and their crush is obvious. I feel like I can't breathe. Unless I'm into someone, either as a crush or a friend, using digital communication to be clingy only makes me that much more determined to avoid the person. If I like their company, I have no problem with laughing at four new messages on my phone. :lol:

I'm just finicky. XD
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I don't really know who likes me (due to, again, not noticing), but I typically fall for people who are way outside my "league." x3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

I hate it when I'm trying to post a video from YouTube on the Music thread and my Flash plug-in decides to crash. Repeatedly.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Have you considered getting it counselling?
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

So, I just had an idea I'd like to ask about.

What would you all think of a Photoshop contest or something in the Media Median section?

Not super competitive or anything. No prizes or reward for playing, just done in good fun. Being the one who suggested it, I would probably run it unless someone else really, really wanted to instead.

Just every now and then I would announce a contest and ask people to sign up by PMing me, then at the announced starting date I would give something to make. For example, I may suggest a banner of Bailey punching Bino in the face. Then everyone would have a week to make and submit their banner and then another week for people to vote for their favorite.

I just want to see what kind of response it would get before I actually make the thread.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Hey, that sounds like a cool idea man!

So, let me think, the people who like me are, well, autistic people, Otakus, furries, geeks, budding scientists, gamers, scrappers, and certain shop kids.

Computer science people however, seem to hate me.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Duster

Post by Duster »

Dissension wrote:I don't really know who likes me (due to, again, not noticing), but I typically fall for people who are way outside my "league." x3
That pretty much sums up my experience with women, all too often they seem to have a boyfriend or they are married.
Don't get me wrong i still like to talk to those women but I know that they are "off limits".
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Hey, that sounds like a cool idea man!

So, let me think, the people who like me are, well, autistic people, Otakus, furries, geeks, budding scientists, gamers, scrappers, and certain shop kids.

Computer science people however, seem to hate me.
What's wrong with people from the previous categories? Don't limit yourself and ruin the potential for a great relationship! :P
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I have no idea, the computer people seem to all be friendly with this jerkface named Theo who has one of the most repulsive personalities I know of, if I had to make a guess, Id say that they know I dislike Theo for being the jerk he is, and they probably don't like it. People, he ran the school's Minecraft server, and was responsible for it being shut down, he constantly destroyed things people made, filled people's houses with sand, lava, and water, would empty people's inventories, and would ban random people for bringing up his behavior. But, most of the computer science people I have run into adore the guy, and since I have often called him an annoying wimp who thinks he is smarter than he is, they have treated me with apathy and contempt.

Actually, good example, okay so Theo acts like he is God's gift to man, when at the same time we have a guy named Arthur who built his own tablet from parts mostly, and is actually a quiet, and well mannered young man who keeps to himself, and I have had an understanding of string theory since I was in the 5th grade, yet Theo acts like a super genius because he is good at computer games.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:I have no idea, the computer people seem to all be friendly with this jerkface named Theo who has one of the most repulsive personalities I know of, if I had to make a guess, Id say that they know I dislike Theo for being the jerk he is, and they probably don't like it. People, he ran the school's Minecraft server, and was responsible for it being shut down, he constantly destroyed things people made, filled people's houses with sand, lava, and water, would empty people's inventories, and would ban random people for bringing up his behavior. But, most of the computer science people I have run into adore the guy, and since I have often called him an annoying wimp who thinks he is smarter than he is, they have treated me with apathy and contempt.

Actually, good example, okay so Theo acts like he is God's gift to man, when at the same time we have a guy named Arthur who built his own tablet from parts mostly, and is actually a quiet, and well mannered young man who keeps to himself, and I have had an understanding of string theory since I was in the 5th grade, yet Theo acts like a super genius because he is good at computer games.
I think Beagle was actually wondering why the groups you listed that like you aren't enough for you, not why the Computer Science guys hate you.

but that guy sounds like a jerk, and so do the computer science guys you know. We aren't all like that.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

You guys should have just been film majors. We're all pretty awesome.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So is having a job.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

I prefer the whole "follow your dreams" thing myself. Hopefully that comes with a job but I'm told chicks dig starving artists so it's kind of a win-win. : p
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

You may have been misinformed! Most young ladies I know would prefer a gentleman with a steady income, regardless of size. Financial security is important and, while the concept of the "starving artist" may be romantic and all, not many folks want to stay with someone they have to support financially for a protracted period.

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Well maybe the ones you're after. But I prefer to imagine a future love interest that doesn't buy into the notion of financial security equalling happiness. Because I certainly don't. I would much prefer to end up alone, broke, and satisfied that I at least shot for the top even if I ultimately fall short.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

There's a difference between financial security and seeking riches, hon. *giggles* Chasing one's dreams is all well and good and I encourage everyone to do so. The "starving artist" lifestyle isn't as glamorous as the hype. I can say for sure that you have a different perspective when the entirety of your food for a day consists of two slices of bread, one each topped with grape jelly and shredded cheese.

Totally work on whatever passion inflames you. Having said that, I strongly encourage you to have back-up plans and contingencies in place for the unexpected. (I, for example, am working in customer service and exploring further educational opportunities while honing my awesome vocal skills*.) When you make it big, you can at least say you had a plan in case worst came to worst. If you don't make it big, you can have a safe, comfortable career with an amazing hobby that may bring additional income from time to time. :3

*Your mileage may vary. Dissension makes no statement, expressed or implied, regarding the caliber of his vocal performance abilities or voice in general.

Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Dissension wrote:I don't really know who likes me (due to, again, not noticing), but I typically fall for people who are way outside my "league." x3
I don't know why anyone would be outside your league, Diss. I heard from someone who may or may not have been you that you are extremely attractive. ;)

As to the whole dreams thing, I'm kind of in a similar situation. Every year of uni convinces me more and more that I'd rather start over and do a teaching degree than finish engineering. Engineering is obviously the more financially stable, especially with the economy the way it is, teachers (especially new ones) will likely get a lot of pay cuts in the next few years, but every time I think about where I want to be in 10 years, it's teaching maths. I guess I'll wait until I do the vacation work because I actually have no idea what I would be doing as an engineer, but I'm currently enjoying the maths half of my study more than the engineering half.

The girl I envision joining me on this journey of self-discovery is one who's financially stable herself but doesn't care about money. The most damaging thing that's ever happened to my family is problems with money.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Alright you guys, let's talk relationships and money.

I come from a very low-income family, and money is always a constant fight between my parents, and it used to be between all three of us until I got a job and was able to support myself. Obviously you guys know that I will definitely have financial security for myself when I get older, and I prefer for my guy to have the same. It's not even just the concept of money. For me, a career can't wake up one day and say, "I don't love you anymore." My history with my parents and previous dating experience has a lot to do with that. Having a career helps you foster friendships outside of your relationship, and sitting at home every day can easily cause problems. It gets lonely and I know it's probably a lot different in a mature, adult relationship, but I would feel bad spending money that I didn't rightfully earn myself.

When I was out of work for eight months, the guy I was dating (who had a steady part-time job always paid for everything, and never thought anything of it. And then, no surprise, he threw it back in my face when we broke up, stating that he was "tired of wasting money." Umm. Excuse me? Yeah, you guys, I know I dated a jerk, I know that. But how do you think it made me feel when I couldn't get a darn job to save my life and didn't have any money to go hang out with my other friends besides that guy? I always felt bad, like I was taking advantage of him, because it's just my own nature to be independent, to do everything for myself. The relationship actually became unhealthy after a while, and I wish I had broken up with him about a month and a half before he dumped me, but we live and we learn. *shrugs* Now I have a really great part-time job with awesome co-workers, a steady income of my own, and I won't let anyone pay for me anymore, because I never want to have to deal with another Kyle ever again. Actually, if a guy wants to be a gentleman and pay, I might let him once in a while, if I trust him enough. I see no point in becoming bitter and jaded from one jerk.

When I become older, I want the both of us to have careers of our own, so what we have together really will be rightfully "ours," because we both really did earn the money to buy a home, send our kids to college, and take care of ourselves together. I don't want my future kids to worry about seeing their mom and dad fighting about "money and who does more for the other" or having them worry about being able to have a normal growing up experience like I did. I want them to enjoy being a kid.

Also, money still does not equal happiness. My parents fight because they simply do not like each other, with money not helping that. Kyle and I broke up because we were two completely different people. When you want to ask yourself if you really enjoy a person, put them to the toilet paper test. A relationship ultimately isn't about all the fancy dates and dinners, it's the little things that you're going to be spending the most of your life doing. So imagine that when you spend time with your significant other, you and this person can only go out to the store to buy toilet paper. How long does this relationship last? Do you run out of things to talk about without all the glam and glitz of a fancy date, or do you two get kicked out of the store after having a pool noodle fight? Can you talk to this person the whole time, the both of you going into detail about your days or telling awful jokes and talking about your favorite movies and friends?

If that kind of sounds like you're just spending time with your best friend, then you've figured it out. Love is like friendship caught on fire, as the cliche goes. I don't think there's too much distinction between what I want in a best friend and a boyfriend other than the fact that I would kiss the former.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well put Beagle. The friendship I have with some of my friends goes way deeper than 99% of the relationships I see. I would want to have someone who is a friend first, then become a couple after.

I mean, me and at least one of my friends are going to see a movie together tonight. Possibly two more are coming with us. And who knows, we may just stop for dinner after. And if our two other friends don't come, anyone who sees us will probably think me and my friend are on a date.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Radio Blue Heart

I have never subscribed to the "money doesn't bring happiness" bit. I have been poor and miserable my whole life. Being rich and miserable would be a nice change of pace. I couldn't honestly say that I have problems if I could hop on a private jet and spend a month in Rome or Paris.

More often than not I have seen girl go out with a guy that treats them like crap simply because he has a nice car. Guys who are completely beneath them.

Seth, you might get yourself a hippie chick that does not care about money, just art. But you had better be very creative!

All this talk about relationships is making realize how alone and miserable I am. Let's talk about something else.

Like this thing.

Let's talk about this thing.
-Virgil

Post by 0404 »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I have never subscribed to the "money doesn't bring happiness" bit. I have been poor and miserable my whole life. Being rich and miserable would be a nice change of pace. I couldn't honestly say that I have problems if I could hop on a private jet and spend a month in Rome or Paris.

More often than not I have seen girl go out with a guy that treats them like crap simply because he has a nice car. Guys who are completely beneath them.

Seth, you might get yourself a hippie chick that does not care about money, just art. But you had better be very creative!

All this talk about relationships is making realize how alone and miserable I am. Let's talk about something else.

the-sea-nature-picture.jpg[/img]

Let's talk about this thing.
I feel ya Radio, I feel ya... :( I think it would be better off if someone make a Relationship topic or love topic, anything! , for the use of serious discussion about love and stuff.

Anyway, that little monster looks bueatiful. Not more than my cat.
Oh and I just felt like dressing up like Fox, I want to wear a dogtag and bandana scarf around my neck.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Dissension wrote:There's a difference between financial security and seeking riches, hon. *giggles* Chasing one's dreams is all well and good and I encourage everyone to do so. The "starving artist" lifestyle isn't as glamorous as the hype. I can say for sure that you have a different perspective when the entirety of your food for a day consists of two slices of bread, one each topped with grape jelly and shredded cheese.

Totally work on whatever passion inflames you. Having said that, I strongly encourage you to have back-up plans and contingencies in place for the unexpected. (I, for example, am working in customer service and exploring further educational opportunities while honing my awesome vocal skills*.) When you make it big, you can at least say you had a plan in case worst came to worst. If you don't make it big, you can have a safe, comfortable career with an amazing hobby that may bring additional income from time to time. :3

*Your mileage may vary. Dissension makes no statement, expressed or implied, regarding the caliber of his vocal performance abilities or voice in general.
My disdain for the 9-5 or back up plan or whatever you want to call it has nothing to do with glamour. I just can't see myself living like my parents and working a job I hate my whole life. Life's too short to not do what you love I just happen to love working on film and/or music. It doesn't have to be glamorous, if for example I find out I can make a career as a camera man or some other low level film industry job I'd be happy with that because I would get to work in a field I love. I really tried to take a safe career path but studying public policy was such drain and studying film and working on my various little projects has rejuvinated me in a way. With all the issues as I've dealt with in the past year or two finally finding myself happy with where my life is at and reasonably optimistic about the future is an amazing feeling. Why would I want to give that up? Moving my interest in film and music to the level of "hobby" would signify, at least in my mind, giving up on being happy. So while I may end up in a job that isn't in the field I want after college I'll still be trying to make some kind of living no matter how meager doing what I love.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Zukio

Post by Zukio »

When it comes to love, I'm a bit weird. I actually am not looking for anyone, mostly due to spending my time trying to sort myself out. I feel like if I am not certain what I am doing with my life, then I shouldn't involve someone else since I am constantly changing. I'm probably going to wait until after college and when I finally feel I know what I want, before a relationship could ever start.
With financial security and loving a job, I aim to get a job I want to go to everyday for the rest of my life. I don't mind if it pays less I know how to budget money, and know of plenty of things I can do without if it means doing what I love.
Dissension the amazing wrote:*Your mileage may vary. Dissension makes no statement, expressed or implied, regarding the caliber of his vocal performance abilities or voice in general.
By the way Diss I have listened to some of your songs that you have sung, so you should know that I think what you do is really impressive. Keep up the great work!
I like Pie!!!
Go ahead and send me a message, maybe we could talk about pie!
GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

There are few things that can prevent/destroy relationships like being broke. I mean actually broke. Not only being able to afford one car. Not buying the cheap wine with dinner. Legitimate unemployment. Money doesn't buy happiness or love, but it buys food, gas and rent. It's hard to go on dates, have a good marriage, or raise children if you don't have at least some degree of unglamorous financial security.

Also, a 9-5 job doesn't have to be a boring office job.
Beagle wrote:I don't think there's too much distinction between what I want in a best friend and a boyfriend other than the fact that I would kiss the former.
*giggles at your typo*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote:There are few things that can prevent/destroy relationships like being broke. I mean actually broke. Not only being able to afford one car. Not buying the cheap wine with dinner. Legitimate unemployment. Money doesn't buy happiness or love, but it buys food, gas and rent. It's hard to go on dates, have a good marriage, or raise children if you don't have at least some degree of unglamorous financial security.
That's part of my issue here. It wasn't until I left school that it started to hit me that the things i focused in at college were not good choices until afterwards, but I know if i took a job first before going to college, my outcome with education would be significantly much better.

A good example was this girl I knew at high scool. Granted, at the time due to family issues and uncertainly, I tried very hard to date her, but couldn't push through with it. Skip up to last year when i call her back to see if i can rework my mistakes, she's got herself a boyfriend now. At least I'm happy now that she's happy. =)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Beagle wrote:I don't think there's too much distinction between what I want in a best friend and a boyfriend other than the fact that I would kiss the former.
Note: "boyfriend" is the latter in this situation, you just said you'd kiss your best friend.

but yeah, that's how I see relationships. They're really strong friendships with the added benefits of mushy stuff.

as for money, I have no issue spending my parents' money for important things like food and college, but that's with the intention of at least partially paying them back once I get a job with the fancy degree I'm earning. I don't like borrowing money off of other people, and if I do I make it a point to pay them back ASAP.

In the end, I'm fine with financially supporting whatever significant other I end up with, and I'm also fine if they provide income. Because in my family, my dad earns most of the money with my mom occasionally chipping in with what she gets paid for her art.
texascat018 wrote:Oh and I just felt like dressing up like Fox, I want to wear a dogtag and bandana scarf around my neck.
and a collar and nothing else :3
Seth wrote:My disdain for the 9-5 or back up plan or whatever you want to call it has nothing to do with glamour. I just can't see myself living like my parents and working a job I hate my whole life. Life's too short to not do what you love I just happen to love working on film and/or music. It doesn't have to be glamorous, if for example I find out I can make a career as a camera man or some other low level film industry job I'd be happy with that because I would get to work in a field I love. I really tried to take a safe career path but studying public policy was such drain and studying film and working on my various little projects has rejuvinated me in a way. With all the issues as I've dealt with in the past year or two finally finding myself happy with where my life is at and reasonably optimistic about the future is an amazing feeling. Why would I want to give that up? Moving my interest in film and music to the level of "hobby" would signify, at least in my mind, giving up on being happy. So while I may end up in a job that isn't in the field I want after college I'll still be trying to make some kind of living no matter how meager doing what I love.
Well I'm lucky I really like programming, so I can make good money doing what I love.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:
Note: "boyfriend" is the latter in this situation, you just said you'd kiss your best friend.

but yeah, that's how I see relationships. They're really strong friendships with the added benefits of mushy stuff.

as for money, I have no issue spending my parents' money for important things like food and college, but that's with the intention of at least partially paying them back once I get a job with the fancy degree I'm earning. I don't like borrowing money off of other people, and if I do I make it a point to pay them back ASAP.

In the end, I'm fine with financially supporting whatever significant other I end up with, and I'm also fine if they provide income. Because in my family, my dad earns most of the money with my mom occasionally chipping in with what she gets paid for her art.
This. All of this. Except, of course, the stuff that relates to his family, which is personal. XP