My Little Pony

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: My Little Pony

Post by Sleet »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:I don't know how to feel about Peewee being written out of the show. They could have done more with it other than that collection of photographs.
I think it makes sense, though. If they didn't write him out they'd have even more critters to deal with. And having a baby bird around who doesn't actually do anything (what would you do with Peewee?) doesn't really help the show. Owlowiscious already doesn't get enough screen time. Peewee would just be redundant.

I thought this was overall a good episode! I wish Spike weren't such a jerk all the time but I loved seeing all the pets and their little interactions. They did a really good job giving them distinct personalities in such a short time. Not to mention the cuteness and the little gags.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Equestria Daily has posted a compilation of the best pony videos of 2012. This one really stuck out to me! Its hauntingly beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-3wp2VVhKQ

It is an animatic (test animation) starring Luna singing a song called "Come Little Children" as she whisks away orphans to a more ideal life.

This is really good, and it reminds me of the William Butler Yeats poem "The Stolen Child".

I also want Chrysalis to come back to give Celestia the opportunity to have a rematch and prove herself in a fair fight!
I would love if it started out like this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDqTwSO1DDc

I know there are those who wanted a Chrysalis/Discord team-up, but since he is reformed that is not likely to happen. Although I do think that her modus operandi gives her a lot in common with King Sombra.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Equestria Daily has posted a compilation of the best pony videos of 2012. This one really stuck out to me! Its hauntingly beautiful!

It is an animatic (test animation) starring Luna singing a song called "Come Little Children" as she whisks away orphans to a more ideal life.

This is really good, and it reminds me of the William Butler Yeats poem "The Stolen Child".
I wish I could enjoy that, I really do, but the idea of Luna taking children from their homes while singing that song can only bring to my mind the movie Hocus Pocus. It's disturbing and creepy and I'd rather not think of Luna like that thank you very much.
Radio Blue Heart

Penwrite wrote:
Radio Blue Heart wrote:Equestria Daily has posted a compilation of the best pony videos of 2012. This one really stuck out to me! Its hauntingly beautiful!

I wish I could enjoy that, I really do, but the idea of Luna taking children from their homes while singing that song can only bring to my mind the movie Hocus Pocus. It's disturbing and creepy and I'd rather not think of Luna like that thank you very much.

Considering that she is taking one off the streets and some others from an orphanage, and it IS Luna, she is taking them to a better life. The person who made this posted their thoughts on it in the description.

I think of it like the Yeats poem.

"Come away, O human child!
To the waters and the wild.
With a faery, hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping than you can understand."

Also the singer originally set the song to clips from "Pan's Labyrinth". If that gives it more context.
-Virgil
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Okay, that helps a lot.

In other news, someone just posted a MLP/Iron Man crossover fic on EqD. I am filled with all sorts of angry/sad/despairing/empty feels.

I am desandry.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Just started reading Background Pony. And my feels are being absolutely DECIMATED already. I just-- UGH.

I'm only one freaking chapter in, and I-- I can't take all these feels! I can't!
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I really liked this week episode, Some 'who' jokes here actually funny.

And it makes sense Spike returned Peewe, I mean look at how he handled taking care of the other pets.
It's also possible that Peewe comes back once Spike and him are more mature.

anyway, there where a lot of fun background callbacks going on.
Loose screw living in a house while the nurse keeps a eye out on her as Cheerilee and Big Mac walk by.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I like how meta Angel's shtick ends up being. He's generally a butt, but I can't help but love him because he's just so darned cute. I guess his charm works on more than just in-universe people.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Radio Blue Heart

Here is the complete Top 25 Pony Videos of 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4y0AM_3S0M

These are pretty amazing.
-Virgil
mariomarc

Post by mariomarc »

so this was apparently on tv

those names are absolutely hilarious
i will now be referring to everyone here as a hoofer
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

heck no, I ain't no hoofer.

I'm a Man-Colter
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

So now the question is ~ Did he get it right? :D
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

GameCobra wrote:So now the question is ~ Did he get it right? :D
From what I heard he decided to switch it with another question.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Clearly we aren't loud and obnoxious enough if he didn't know about us.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

There's an option to switch questions on WWTBaM? Since when? O__o

Seriously, though. How can you be living in a country with full cable/internet access and not have at least heard of bronies? What rock has this man been living under?
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

So, this is happening.

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/01/29/my ... -princess/

You know, the way the article explains it... it sounds like they're doing it right. I like the talks of building a mythology around the title of princess.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I was just about to post that too. Anyway I'm ok with this and quite frankly I think they people who are acting like this is going to ruin the show without even giving it a shot are being a bit stupid. This is just like someone getting a new power up or what not in an anime it has happened so much that it doesn't even faze me at all. (seriously if you have watched basically any anime that isn't mundane Slice of Life, this really shouldn't bother you) I hope it leads to more and more interesting stories perhaps with the mane 6 going across Equestria and seeing new places and what not.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

I agree with you on that, Ice. Sure it'll be a bit weird at first, but this could totally open the show up to more adventure stories like Faust originally wanted.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:
GameCobra wrote:So now the question is ~ Did he get it right? :D
From what I heard he decided to switch it with another question.
that's a thing they can do now?
IceKitsune wrote:
I was just about to post that too. Anyway I'm ok with this and quite frankly I think they people who are acting like this is going to ruin the show without even giving it a shot are being a bit stupid. This is just like someone getting a new power up or what not in an anime it has happened so much that it doesn't even faze me at all. (seriously if you have watched basically any anime that isn't mundane Slice of Life, this really shouldn't bother you) I hope it leads to more and more interesting stories perhaps with the mane 6 going across Equestria and seeing new places and what not.
\

Yeah, I'm more than willing to accept this as long as they do it right. I did, after all, sit through 3 different levels of Super Saiyan (4 if you count Dragonball GT).
and I still read Bleach despite him being a Shinigami/Hollow/Quincy
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I swear I'm going to die of laughter if they give her a spell to hide being an Alicorn or its something she can switch on and off, so she only uses that form when her job comes up (or for diplomatic reason or what not) or something like that.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Nothing wrong with all of those powers. It's just a matter of introduction that matters. I can't wait to see how this turns out :)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

I'm gonna miss Tara Strong.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Radio Blue Heart

IceKitsune wrote:I swear I'm going to die of laughter if they give her a spell to hide being an Alicorn or its something she can switch on and off, so she only uses that form when her job comes up (or for diplomatic reason or what not) or something like that.
They could make it her secret identity.

Like Luna's!

-Virgil
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Well, no I was going to die of laughter because if they did that it would just make her a Super Saiyan, it would basically be the same exact thing pretty much. (and is what I want to actually happen even though I know it's extremely unlikely) Which would be awesome as heck. Also I've always loved the idea of Luna taking up the MMDW mantle after that episode.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

:idea:

Wait a darn minute!

*runs off, watches the series opener again, runs back*

Twilight's Element of Harmony is a crown! They've been leading up her becoming a princess since the second episode!
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Penwrite wrote::idea:

Wait a darn minute!

Twilight's Element of Harmony is a crown! They've been leading up her becoming a princess since the second episode!
or not

IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I'm going to hazard a guess and say her plans were actually to have her succeed Celestia as ruler at one point. So its likely that the plan wasn't that different in the end just different in execution and detail.

Edit: Part 4 of Turnabout Storm The Conclusion is here! Ok not really there is going to be a part 5 now for some reason
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Kyderra wrote:
Penwrite wrote::idea:

Wait a darn minute!

or not

Great. Now I feel bad for actually supporting the princesshood thing.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

Penwrite wrote:
Why exactly? Faust left the show a long time ago and its not like the writers had any choice in this whole thing anyway so even if she had stayed on she would have had to do it as well. Shes not even angry about it or anything I mean it sucks that her original idea for Twilight is gone sure, but she was never going to get what she wanted anyway. Its a show that is made to sell toys the Transformers fandom has handled it for much longer then us, and look how big that is, this is just a thing that happens.

Edit: Heck speaking of Transformers one of the greatest tearjerkers in cartoon movie history, the death of Optimus Prime, was made just to sell toys. So some times it can work out as a good thing.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

IceKitsune wrote:
Penwrite wrote:
Why exactly? Faust left the show a long time ago and its not like the writers had any choice in this whole thing anyway so even if she had stayed on she would have had to do it as well. Shes not even angry about it or anything I mean it sucks that her original idea for Twilight is gone sure, but she was never going to get what she wanted anyway. Its a show that is made to sell toys the Transformers fandom has handled it for much longer then us, and look how big that is, this is just a thing that happens.

Edit: Heck speaking of Transformers one of the greatest tearjerkers in cartoon movie history, the death of Optimus Prime, was made just to sell toys. So some times it can work out as a good thing.
*hears mention of Prime's death*

*imagines Celestia dying after a vicious battle, passing down the Matrix of Leadership to Twilight and turning her into an alicorn*

That would be awesome.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm still waiting to see what happens. I'm not willing to write the show off just yet.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

oh well time to leave the fandom

(I'm not at all serious, in case it wasn't clear.) While I still hold that making Twilight an alicorn is a silly and unnecessary idea, it's not exactly a gamebreaker or anything. As long as the show continues to produce entertaining episodes and obscenely cute screenshot material, I'll keep watching.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

At this point the writers would have to screw up pretty bad for me to leave the fandom. I mean heck your talking to someone who doesn't mind post season 8 Simpsons and thinks that while not as good, its still enjoyable (though I will admit season 12 was almost unwatchable, outside of Trilogy of Error) so as you can guess, if I'm already invested in your show, it takes a lot for me to leave and say it jumped the shark.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

IceKitsune wrote:At this point the writers would have to screw up pretty bad for me to leave the fandom. I mean heck your talking to someone who doesn't mind post season 8 Simpsons and thinks that while not as good, its still enjoyable (though I will admit season 12 was almost unwatchable, outside of Trilogy of Error) so as you can guess, if I'm already invested in your show, it takes a lot for me to leave and say it jumped the shark.
yeah, I'm the same way. It takes a lot to make me actively dislike a show, and more to make me stop watching a show after I've liked it.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Ya know, in a lot of places, such as Facebook and YouTube, I see people saying that season 3 has been terrible, just awful. While I don't think it has been quite as great as season 2 was, I don't think this season has been anything close to terrible. What do y'all think?

It just depresses me how pessimistic some parts of the fandom have gotten.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

I personally think season 3 has been the best. The episodes seem to be better overall, and I love the fact they keep bringing up things from the season intros/finales like Discord or the crystal empire while they are still in the middle of the season.
But that's just me.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

This season has been just as good as 1 and 2 IMO, the show has really consistent writing really.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Yeah I don't think it's dropped in quality at all.
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Season 3. Season 3... I get it now. We're on our third season. It hasn't gotten worse, it's merely that the sense of wonder and newness of the show has faded away. Nothing to really worry about yet.