This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Pet Friendly: Haven 
Author Message
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2238
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
After the long trek back from the river, North picked his way through the foliage and walked into the small clearing.
"Finally..." He muttered, picking out the stray leaves that clung to his fur. As he looked around for Kikyo or Grif, the state of the camp caught his attention. It was... different. Did the bikers come through here?
Scanning the area he saw Kikyo and walked over to her, greeting her with a nod.
"What happened?" . He asked the Akita.

_________________
Part time genius, full time weirdo.

Colors? What are...colors?

“I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.”
Ref Ref!


Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 am
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3403
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
Rachav calmly turned the lock and opened the door. For a second she was shocked to see the human standing so close to the door, practically leaning against it. To correct her proximity, she simply took a step or two away, trying to keep her expression even, her eyes dull, trying to control the slight trembling in her paws.
"So," she said, "What now?"


Bev stands up, with a warm smile..
Hello there again..
Sadie comes dashing in and thumps up into Rachev, hugging her tightly!!! (SQUEEZE!!!)
HIHIHI GRANDMA!!! Oh you smell so wild!!!

Easy there Sadie, You don't want to hurt her now, do you.?
So what now.. i'd say to the vet for a check up, then a nice hot bath. then we will see what we can do to keep you comfortable until your owners arrive.
Then we can all sit down and work out the problems that you all have been having.


Meanwhile...
caelei wrote:
"He said he had found something interesting, and the rest of us thought it was something urgent. Not just a hot spring. Right boys?" The rest of the guilty group nodded their heads obediently, barely daring to glance at the enraged Akita. "So if you could just please forgive us. We were just trying to do what's right for the camp..."


The Akita stares disapprovingly at the group.
So while you all were soaking in the Onsen, just Who was watching your territory?
She sweeps her paw around the camp.
Do you like to see the camp like this? Everyone worried and hunkered down in fear. They were all depending on you, and you let them down. You have dishonored them and yourselves.


Roarin wrote:
After the long trek back from the river, North picked his way through the foliage and walked into the small clearing.
"Finally..." He muttered, picking out the stray leaves that clung to his fur. As he looked around for Kikyo or Grif, the state of the camp caught his attention. It was... different. Did the bikers come through here?
Scanning the area he saw Kikyo and walked over to her, greeting her with a nod.
"What happened?" . He asked the Akita.


Kikyo turns to the shepherd..
This whole group here decided to partake in the use of an Onsen, and left the territory they were responsible for unguarded. Rachev has apparently, voluntarily gone off with one of the groups of bikers. Speaking of which, Are these bikers out looking for you?

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2238
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
"Maybe she's trying to divert them from coming to the camp." The last time he saw her she sounded pretty commited.

But to answer Rachav's last question...
North shook his head. "I don't think so... I left because my Mo-, old owners were gonna put me back in the pound." He paused, still looking troubled.
Then his eyes widened alittle. "You think... maybe they changed their mind?" His voice almost sounded hopeful, almost.

_________________
Part time genius, full time weirdo.

Colors? What are...colors?

“I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.”
Ref Ref!


Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:32 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3403
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Roarin wrote:

But to answer Rachav's last question...
North shook his head. [color=#800080] "I don't think so... I left because my Mo-, old owners were gonna put me back in the pound."
He paused, still looking troubled.
Then his eyes widened alittle. "You think... maybe they changed their mind?" His voice almost sounded hopeful, almost.


Kikyo crosses her arm across her chest..
So you were a bad dog before you ran away?

She tilts her big head off to the side...
So which is it going to be? Are they out here looking for you? or are they not?

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:36 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 48
Location: Your closet...
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Tilting his head curiously at the pair above him, the wolf shrugged as he was left alone at the bottom of the tree, all pn his lonesome.... apart from the two animals above him of course. He curled round the base of the tree, snuggling into the thick, warm leaves and tried desperately to sleep, ignoring the pain in his stomach.

After some time, the wolf eventually had his eyelids firmly shut tight and was snoozing peacefully except for the odd nightmare, causing him to kick his leg or bark at random times.

_________________
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Britain's forecast today: RAIN


Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:27 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
Pavelle had not been expecting to be carted up the tree and swung upside-down. She tried to hide her discomfort by looking darkly over at Felix, muttering, "Confident, aren't you?" Except, actually this was pretty good. The raccoon suddenly twisted, wrenching hard at Felix's grip around her waist, and swung her legs, making it so that they both swayed precariously from the tree. If he didn't want to lose his legs' grip on the branch above he'd have to go rightside-up or let go of her, and either option was better than this. She swung her body again, trying to wriggle and loosen her way free, and prepared herself should he drop her. She just hoped the wolf wasn't standing directly under them...
Quote:
"I'm sorry that I may hinder you, I can sleep at the bottom of your tree if I may?"

Great.


"Look, if you want my help, its my den or I leave you to wander the woods where you may fall prey to anything and likely not find your brother before that happens" Felix said, "now, take your pick." He tightened his knees around the tree so as to form a very sharp "v" shape, she'd have to rock him over 100 degrees... Which given her comparatively small mass and that a mass at rest tends to stay at rest unless effected by an outside force, and at that one great enough to cause noticeable change, he wasn't going to fall anytime soon. He was hell-bent on his den. It was comfortable, would have things he could show the little raccoon and would be better for their ailing wolf.


Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:35 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
Hello there again..
Sadie comes dashing in and thumps up into Rachev, hugging her tightly!!! (SQUEEZE!!!)
HIHIHI GRANDMA!!! Oh you smell so wild!!!

Easy there Sadie, You don't want to hurt her now, do you.?
So what now.. i'd say to the vet for a check up, then a nice hot bath. then we will see what we can do to keep you comfortable until your owners arrive.
Then we can all sit down and work out the problems that you all have been having.

Rachav nearly cringed when the smaller Doberman ran up to her, and simply stood and bore the hug the young pup was giving her. This was one thing she could not do. She couldn't allow herself to get near to this pup. But neither could she bear the thought of any of her own pups --they had just been small puppies when she'd last seen them, barely old enough to survive without her-- growing up, living happy lives never knowing her, and having pups of their own. Or worse. Living lives like her own, being treated by the humans in the same way she had been... She looked at Sadie, and shuddered to think of it.
A burning desire lit within her. And maybe it would be good to distract herself from what was happening. She she tilted her face down, towards the pup, and asked her, "Your... mother. Is she--" she wanted to say Is she alright? but she didn't want to alarm the small dog, and probably the pup would have no idea what Rachav was referring to anyways. She hesitantly switched her words. "Do you know her?" That was better, at least.
As to what the human was saying... the vet, a bath, and then Danny, and maybe Bren. None of that was what Rachav wanted. But for the time being, she could bear it. It wasn't like they were planning on hurting her... and if they did... she wouldn't hold herself back. She nodded sharply at the human, and that was as much acquiescence as Rachav was planning to give...

Meanwhile...
Quote:
Do you like to see the camp like this? Everyone worried and hunkered down in fear. They were all depending on you, and you let them down. You have dishonored them and yourselves.

The slinky dog ducked his head down, eyes flitting around the camp. His mates followed his behavior, all except the dumb Brig, who peered around the camp with his tongue lolling out of his mouth. "We beg your pardon, Lady Kikyo. None of us likes this, we don't like to see our brothers and sisters afraid, and hiding like rabbits in the bushes... but how would it have turned out any differently had we been on watch? Lord Griffon," he put plenty of sneer in the title, "Would never have let us attack the humans and deal with them directly. Either way we would have submitted to the humans, with the way our current Lord is running things--" His tone was dark, but then he seemed to realize what he was saying and to whom, and looked back at Kikyo guiltily, crouching lower to show his own submission. "Though I don't mean no harm by the words I speak, ma'am," he muttered.

Griffon had wandered off to speak quietly with groups of the camp, and so noticed neither North's reappearance or the group's conversations.

Meanwhile...
Quote:
"Look, if you want my help, its my den or I leave you to wander the woods where you may fall prey to anything and likely not find your brother before that happens," Felix said, "now, take your pick."

Pavelle gave up struggling, though she was very disgruntled. She crossed her arms and gave a glare, which probably came off more ridiculous than menacing hanging upside-down as they were. Her options were whirring through her mind, and after only a minute she'd come to an unsavory conclusion. "I'll go with you~" she muttered, looking away. She didn't really have a choice. She wasn't good in the woods at night, and she already wasn't thinking clearly or coherently, and she didn't know how long it would take her Felix to find her. Add those all up, plus the fact that if she stayed by herself someone hungry could come along and eat her, and there was no contest. Her pride and stubbornness and reluctance would have to simmer down. She'd get through this night, and maybe in the morning things would be... better. Clearer. Decisions could be made. And if her Felix hadn't found her by then... her stomach flip-flopped nervously, and she realized that she'd never felt worried about Felix before. Coming out in the woods with him, leaving everyone else behind... that had been his plan all along, and it had worked. It had gotten her close to him, to even care about him. It had been easy to want him to leave back in Richardson Valley, where she was safe and had others to count on. Not here. Here it was different. He was what she had left, until she could forge something new. If she could forge something new. "Let's... let's go then," she said to this Felix, shivering a little.

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:06 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2238
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
After a few seconds of thought the shepherd shook his head "No. Their probably not. They wouldn't have the money to hire guys on motorcycles to scour the forest." He looked over at the other animals around the camp. "You guys have any more work to do?"

_________________
Part time genius, full time weirdo.

Colors? What are...colors?

“I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.”
Ref Ref!


Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:59 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3403
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
A burning desire lit within her. And maybe it would be good to distract herself from what was happening. She she tilted her face down, towards the pup, and asked her, "Your... mother. Is she--" she wanted to say Is she alright? but she didn't want to alarm the small dog, and probably the pup would have no idea what Rachav was referring to anyways. She hesitantly switched her words. "Do you know her?"

Sadie looked up at her all confused at the question..
Of course i know her! she is my mom after all! silly question..Sadie bubbles..
Oh, did you mean that you want to see her too? Hmmm, she lives several hours away, down in Hollywood Sadie does a starlet walking on the red carpet imitation. Mom is always saying she is going to be a big star some day, Have you seen that, "Chow Hound" brand ad she was in on TV??

Swiftpaw has finally made it to the edge of town.. curling up in a bush with a bowl of cat chow she had pilfered off the porch of a nearby house. munch.. iicck no wonder the cats didn't want to eat this. munch munch munching it down anyways, waiting for it to get darker before slinking into the town.

Whilemean....

caelei wrote:
"We beg your pardon, Lady Kikyo. None of us likes this, we don't like to see our brothers and sisters afraid, and hiding like rabbits in the bushes... but how would it have turned out any differently had we been on watch? Lord Griffon," he put plenty of sneer in the title, "Would never have let us attack the humans and deal with them directly. Either way we would have submitted to the humans, with the way our current Lord is running things--" His tone was dark, but then he seemed to realize what he was saying and to whom, and looked back at Kikyo guiltily, crouching lower to show his own submission. "Though I don't mean no harm by the words I speak, ma'am," he muttered.

Kikyo looked darkly at him.
We need to stay out of the humans attention, Since you decided we didn't need lookouts the humans could have walked right in on us, had not the northern and southern scouts not found them and reported.. Then a fight would have broken out.
Kikyo walks over and puts her arm around his neck.
Right now, they are not overly concerned about us being out here. If we get into a battle with the humans, we will lose.. An if they think we are a dangerous threat out here, they wont just do a feral round up like last time. They will come hunting us like it is deer season! You ready to be the prey for that?
She says darkly before letting him go.


Roarin wrote:
After a few seconds of thought the shepherd shook his head "No. Their probably not. They wouldn't have the money to hire guys on motorcycles to scour the forest." He looked over at the other animals around the camp. "You guys have any more work to do?"


yes apparently we need some new officers. Ones who understand just how dangerous humans can be twords us. You know anyone who can take on that job?

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:41 am
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
"Good, you'll like it" Felix said, climbing out of the tree, he looked to the wolf, "Ready to move in?" He kept ahold of Pavelle and looked at the wolf, "Also, can you make it or do you need help? Its a fair bit of a walk."


Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:04 am
Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 48
Location: Your closet...
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Raising his head slowly from his sleep, the wolf grumbled groggily as he was awoken from his slumber but smiled at the Lynx as he climbed down, squinting his eyes at him. Yawning, he nodded and shakily stood up, his legs wobbling whilst the wolf yawned heavily.

Scratching his ear softly, the wolf mumbled,

"Aye, I can make the walk, I don't feel as bad now."

_________________
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Britain's forecast today: RAIN


Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:46 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
Of course i know her! she is my mom after all! silly question..Sadie bubbles..
Oh, did you mean that you want to see her too? Hmmm, she lives several hours away, down in Hollywood Sadie does a starlet walking on the red carpet imitation. Mom is always saying she is going to be a big star some day, Have you seen that, "Chow Hound" brand ad she was in on TV??

A stinging brand of pain and hurt seized Rachav's chest for a second when the pup started talking, but in a moment it melted away, helped along by her profound relief. She almost felt lightheaded with it. If Sadie knew her mother, and the dog was on ads, then that meant that it was likely she hadn't been used by the humans in the same way Rachav had been. That was all Rachav needed to know.
"No!" she said, rather forcefully to Sadie's question, about wanting to see the pup's mother. No. Definitely not. She just wanted to know that she hadn't been maltreated. She softened her tone, "And no. I have not seen the ad. I've been... away from televisions, radios, and the like." Another pang went through her, this one concerning a yearning for her home in the woods, and her heart-rate picked up. She ignored it.

Meanwhile...
Quote:
"Good, you'll like it" Felix said, climbing out of the tree, he looked to the wolf, "Ready to move in?" He kept ahold of Pavelle and looked at the wolf, "Also, can you make it or do you need help? Its a fair bit of a walk."

Pavelle shifted restlessly in his grip, her ears twitching out sideways, listening to some sort of rustling in the bushes nearby that was probably just a squirrel or rabbit or bird of some sort, and probably not something dangerous. She hoped. It was getting dark enough that it was hard to make out things clearly now... and unlike in Richardson Valley, there were no streetlights or houselights, and she hadn't even thought --or had time-- to bring a flashlight. Plus, the moon and stars --not out fully yet, but soon-- were partially hidden by the forest canopy, casting everything further into shadow. This was the part she didn't like the most about the woods. Predators came out at night. Well, at least that was what happened in all the movies Mag used to watch. And... she didn't know about hunters. Was it practical for a human to hunt at night? Probably not. But she didn't really even want to think about that...

She noticed the wolf's wobbling legs --had she ever even learned his name, she couldn't remember-- and said, before she could even think about it, "Maybe we should be helping him walk."

Meanwhile...
The group of mutts at the camp winced when Kikyo turned to North. Then the lot of them, as a whole, started slinking away, hoping that Kikyo was done with them. Their leader, the dog with the cap, was the one making the most effort to get away unseen. Brig, the dumb dog, just crunched away on cumbersome feet, unconcerned with being sneaky.

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:02 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3403
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
"No!" she said, rather forcefully to Sadie's question, about wanting to see the pup's mother. No. Definitely not. She just wanted to know that she hadn't been maltreated. She softened her tone, "And no. I have not seen the ad. I've been... away from televisions, radios, and the like." Another pang went through her, this one concerning a yearning for her home in the woods, and her heart-rate picked up. She ignored it.

Sadie turns her head up at the sharp no, jumping back a bit.
Why is that grandma? Don't you like your pups? why is it that you don't want to see them? are you ashamed of them?

Meanwhile...
The group of mutts at the camp winced when Kikyo turned to North. Then the lot of them, as a whole, started slinking away, hoping that Kikyo was done with them. Their leader, the dog with the cap, was the one making the most effort to get away unseen. Brig, the dumb dog, just crunched away on cumbersome feet, unconcerned with being sneaky.[/quote]

Kikyo without even turning around..
You all have been be slinking off to report to the labor pool officer...
Then turning her attention back to North.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:32 pm
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2238
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Keeshah wrote:
yes apparently we need some new officers. Ones who understand just how dangerous humans can be twords us. You know anyone who can take on that job?


North rubbed the back of his head, as if he was trying to think. "There' was a stray I knew back in town who...". He paused as he reviewed over what Kikyo said again, then pricked his ears up in surprise.
"Really?"

_________________
Part time genius, full time weirdo.

Colors? What are...colors?

“I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.”
Ref Ref!


Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:03 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3403
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Roarin wrote:
North rubbed the back of his head, as if he was trying to think. "There' was a stray I knew back in town who...". He paused as he reviewed over what Kikyo said again, then pricked his ears up in surprise.
"Really?"


What is it? you don't want to be an officer? or can't handle the responsibility of being an officer?
The big old Akita enquirers.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:30 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2238
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Keeshah wrote:
What is it? you don't want to be an officer? or can't handle the responsibility of being an officer?
The big old Akita enquirers.


North wasn't completely sure if the Akita was challenging him.
But the hotheaded shepherd decided to interpret it as such nonetheless.
"I can handle any job you give me better than anyone here!". He growled.

_________________
Part time genius, full time weirdo.

Colors? What are...colors?

“I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.”
Ref Ref!


Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:28 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
Why is that grandma? Don't you like your pups? why is it that you don't want to see them? are you ashamed of them?

Rachav felt herself recoil, her body sliding away from Sadie as if the small dog had just burned her, the pup's direct questions unwittingly, cruelly hammering at her heart. "No-- I-- I--" she said, off-balance, her nose suddenly burning and her eyes going watery. She folded her arms and shivered, shooting glances at the humans as if they had caused this, before giving a hopeless look back at the pup. "I-- I, uh--" What could she say? She couldn't possibly explain her situation to Sadie, and she certainly wasn't going to with the humans around. Finally she swallowed, her throat done dry and her voice even softer than usual, rasping, "I-- I didn't know my pups. I-- I'm not ashamed of them. But-- I don't want to see them. And I don't want them to see me. It-- hurts me. Too much," she said. She looked away from the small dog.

Meanwhile...
The slinky dog with the cap jerked his head as if someone had just caught him by the ruff. He whirled around, mouth hanging open in complete shock and dismay. Finally when he could speak he stammered out, "This guy? This... this... he's still practically a pet! You-- you wouldn't give him my-- my--" He shook his head, hard enough that his cap tumbled to the ground and he was forced to snatch it back up. When he'd straightened back up his face had gone red under his light fur, and whether it was from rage or embarrassment not even he knew. He stood there seething for a moment, while his friends traded looks with each other behind his back and then quickly continued their sneaking away, sniffing out the position of the labor warden. Leaving him alone. He seemed to notice it a moment later, perhaps feeling the empty space behind him, and his face grew even redder.

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:47 pm
Profile

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 48
Location: Your closet...
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Noticing the Racoon's concern, the wolf only smiled gently at her and shook his head, ears easily picking up her whisper to Felix, his legs straightened bu still trembling often,

"Don't worry little racoon, this wolf just needs to get walking, stretch the ol' bones and that nonsense, nothing of your concern," grinning wolfishly, he winked, "You should only be worried when it's dinner time...I get rather grumpy when I haven't eaten!" The flash of teeth were shown as a friendly jester, not a serious threat!

Ambling over to them, he nodded and swished his tail lazily, peering at the lynx, "We off then to wherever the hell we're going?" Grumbling angrily, his stomach bubbled inside whilst the wolf just growled back at the organ. Those berries sure have an odd effect...

_________________
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Britain's forecast today: RAIN


Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:38 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3403
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
Rachav felt herself recoil, her body sliding away from Sadie as if the small dog had just burned her, the pup's direct questions unwittingly, cruelly hammering at her heart. "No-- I-- I--" she said, off-balance, her nose suddenly burning and her eyes going watery. She folded her arms and shivered, shooting glances at the humans as if they had caused this, before giving a hopeless look back at the pup. "I-- I, uh--" What could she say? She couldn't possibly explain her situation to Sadie, and she certainly wasn't going to with the humans around. Finally she swallowed, her throat done dry and her voice even softer than usual, rasping, "I-- I didn't know my pups. I-- I'm not ashamed of them. But-- I don't want to see them. And I don't want them to see me. It-- hurts me. Too much," she said. She looked away from the small dog.

Sadie tilts her head, watching the bigger dog squirm and start smelling nervous, agitated, and deceitful.
Why is that? ...... Do you abandon your pups!
Sadie ask with a shocked look on her face..

Meanwhile...
caelei wrote:
The slinky dog with the cap jerked his head as if someone had just caught him by the ruff. He whirled around, mouth hanging open in complete shock and dismay. Finally when he could speak he stammered out, "This guy? This... this... he's still practically a pet! You-- you wouldn't give him my-- my--"

Then the GSD chimes in..
Roarin wrote:
North wasn't completely sure if the Akita was challenging him.
But the hotheaded shepherd decided to interpret it as such nonetheless.
"I can handle any job you give me better than anyone here!". He growled.


caelei wrote:
He shook his head, hard enough that his cap tumbled to the ground and he was forced to snatch it back up. When he'd straightened back up his face had gone red under his light fur, and whether it was from rage or embarrassment not even he knew. He stood there seething for a moment, while his friends traded looks with each other behind his back and then quickly continued their sneaking away, sniffing out the position of the labor warden. Leaving him alone. He seemed to notice it a moment later, perhaps feeling the empty space behind him, and his face grew even redder.

Why not? He WANTS to do the job. and he is motivated to do it too his best ability..
Whereas you have proved your distaste for the job, and refusal to do it.

the Akita says, as she watches his "team" slink off abandoning him.
besides, it seams that you have lost the command and respect of your team. as they have scampered off to leave you to your fate. so to speak.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:01 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts: 2238
Location: Agloe, New York
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
North looked from the dog with the cap to Kikyo. Not sure what was happening.
"So, do I get the job?"

_________________
Part time genius, full time weirdo.

Colors? What are...colors?

“I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody.”
Ref Ref!


Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
"We're going, we're going, grandpa wolf" Felix said with a snicker as he started moving towards his den. Their canine friend suddenly sounded like an old man, he couldn't help it.


Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:36 pm
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Quote:
"Don't worry little raccoon, this wolf just needs to get walking, stretch the ol' bones and that nonsense, nothing of your concern," grinning wolfishly, he winked, "You should only be worried when it's dinner time...I get rather grumpy when I haven't eaten!"We off then to wherever the hell we're going?"

Pavelle gave the wolf a rather strained smile at the 'dinner time' part, knowing it was a joke, but still wondering at how the wolf could be hungry. He'd just practically gulped down an entire pot of soup. A small pot, but still. Perhaps it was the berries. Or maybe wolves ate like that all the time. Though the mention of dinner made her own stomach growl. She grimaced, trying to ignore the fact that she was hungry enough that her hands were getting kinda shaky. Or maybe that was fatigue. Or stress. Being out here was a lot different than-- than Richardson Valley. There was a lot more walking, over further distances. And she had never been one for endurance... "Yeah, are we almost there yet?" she complained, trying to put a joking tone into it though she didn't feel like it. But at least the sound of her voice was preferable to the sound of her stomach. She grinned faintly at Felix, further distraction hopefully, "Getting tired of carrying me yet?"

Meanwhile...
Quote:
Why is that? ...... Do you abandon your pups!
Sadie ask with a shocked look on her face..

Rachav stared at Sadie in shock, the familial similarities in their facial structures and markings more obvious because of the shared expression and emotion. "N-No," she said numbly, "No! No it wasn't-- it wasn't me who-- who-- I wasn't the one-- there was nothing I could do. They were-- stolen. From me." But then she shook her head, she wasn't going there no matter how much Sadie begged or questioned or stomped on Rachav's buried feelings... she was never going there again. Never. Not in her memory. Not-- not at all. She turned abruptly to the nearest human, the female, and said, somewhat desperately, "Can we just get this over with? I'm feeling rather-- tired." The last word was forced through clenched teeth.

Meanwhile...
Quote:
Why not? He WANTS to do the job. and he is motivated to do it too his best ability..
Whereas you have proved your distaste for the job, and refusal to do it.

the Akita says, as she watches his "team" slink off abandoning him.
besides, it seams that you have lost the command and respect of your team. as they have scampered off to leave you to your fate. so to speak.

The mutt just stared at her for a moment. A couple different emotions --largely a soft, eager hatred, stubbornness, and a certain grim acceptance-- flickered over his features. Finally he just said, "Fine. Give my position away to this rookie. But don't come crying to me when--" Then he seemed to remember who he was talking to, and snapped his jaws shut before he could dig himself even deeper into trouble by displeasing the Lady of the camp further. Instead, he tightened his shoulders, gave North a mocking salute, and said snidely, "Good luck," before turning and sidling off, never quite turning his back on the two, as if he suspected they might attack him from behind and force his submission.

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:17 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3403
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
Rachav stared at Sadie in shock, the familial similarities in their facial structures and markings more obvious because of the shared expression and emotion. "N-No," she said numbly, "No! No it wasn't-- it wasn't me who-- who-- I wasn't the one-- there was nothing I could do. They were-- stolen. From me." But then she shook her head, she wasn't going there no matter how much Sadie begged or questioned or stomped on Rachav's buried feelings... she was never going there again. Never. Not in her memory.

but they must have been found and returned, cauze my dame is back?
caelei wrote:
Not-- not at all. She turned abruptly to the nearest human, the female, and said, somewhat desperately, "Can we just get this over with? I'm feeling rather-- tired." The last word was forced through clenched teeth.

Honey, stop badgering your grandma.
Bev pawcuffs Rachev to Sadie. So if she was still entertaining ideas of running off, she will now have to drag Sadie along with her.
Sure hon, we will get this all over with as fast as we can.
leading the pets out the door and into the animal control truck.

Meanwhile...
caelei wrote:
"Fine. Give my position away to this rookie. But don't come crying to me when--" Then he seemed to remember who he was talking to, and snapped his jaws shut before he could dig himself even deeper into trouble by displeasing the Lady of the camp further. Instead, he tightened his shoulders, gave North a mocking salute, and said snidely, "Good luck," before turning and sidling off, never quite turning his back on the two, as if he suspected they might attack him from behind and force his submission.

The old akita gets a broad smile on her face.
Hmmm perhaps your right, there is a lot North needs to learn. like how to travel silently. Therefor, you will be his second in command, to teach him everything he needs to know.
teach him well, an get the fire to be a leader back, and you can earn a leadership position back.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:53 am
Profile WWW

Joined: Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:05 am
Posts: 48
Location: Your closet...
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
He was still hungry and that racoon was appearing tastier with every step he took, from a delicious Racoon Steak to a Racoon gourmet with lynx as the main course, with a dashing of spices and herbs of course. Maybe add some good berries and...

No, stay focused, you're not a predator.

Grumbling as he agreed with the Racoon, he called out from behind,

"Yeh! We almost there-" The sentence was cut short by the sudden collapse of his wobbling legs and the dizzy, blurring vision in his blinking eyes. Roaring angrily as sharp pains stabbed him, his stomach quivered whilst a soft groan of pain escaped the wolf's muzzle.

He needed food! He hadn't eaten his fill of meat enough and he was facing the consequences greatly, his body sprawled along the ground as his head lay in the dirt.

_________________
Brit's life consists of:
Eating
Sleeping
Kicking tumblebumble

Britain's forecast today: RAIN


Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:49 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
"...You'd think after that pot of soup he'd be fine," Felix said, stopping and picking the wolf up. "and no, no I'm not."


Sun Jan 27, 2013 8:05 am
Profile

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:42 pm
Posts: 683
Location: Oh, you know.
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Pavelle could understand Felix carrying her. She could understand him carrying the wolf, too. The lynx seemed capable, strong.
But there was no way Pavelle was going to ride along with that wolf so close to her. Every time the big guy looked at her she expected him to start drooling. To put the two so close together --prey and predator-- was a bad, bad idea. Especially given how hungry the wolf seemed all of a sudden.

Alarm bells were jangling in her head. Pavelle could not be this close to the wolf. Staying put was to invite danger. Her instincts were telling her to get out of his reach.
"Felix, let me go," she said, and there was a note of panic in her voice. "I mean it. That wolf has been giving me some very... hungry glances and I can't be near him." She squirmed as far away as possible from the wolf in the limited room that Felix's grip provided, though she kept her face pointed at the predator, not wanting to turn her back and have him take that as a sign of weakness, or an invite to hunt.

Meanwhile...
Rachav settled herself into the back of the truck in the manner of one without options. Any hope of a quick and neat escape had been severed as soon as the human woman had handcuffed her to the pup. She wasn't going to take Sadie with her, not when the dog had a happy home here with her dame and her humans. She wasn't willing to break either her own or Sadie's wrist to get the cuffs off, it didn't appear that Sadie would have an extra key, and there was nothing to smash or break the cuff's chain with. For now, she had to sit and wait. The Doberman tried to be patient, tried to keep the nervousness from her expression, and from her body language. She kept her eyes up, wandering slowly around the area; darting eyes might stress the humans, key them to her own nervousness, so she'd have to keep her gaze slow and uncaring as she took in her surroundings, as she looked for a better way to escape.

She tried to keep the pup from leaning against her. She didn't want Sadie thinking that they were going to be-- what? Friends? Rachav couldn't allow herself to get close to the pup. And it would be easier to keep her distance if the pup was displeased with her. By that logic, it would also be easier to keep the pup away if Rachav ignored her. So, loathe as she was to make small talk with the humans... it appeared she had little choice. At least she could gather a little casual information about her circumstances in the meantime. After a moment's preparation, Rachav looked across Sadie, keeping her eyes firmly away from the younger Doberman's face, and addressed the female human. She made sure to keep her teeth from baring and her hackles from rising. Wouldn't want to upset her captors, or make them more wary than they already were. She was already upset with herself for losing it back there. She should have stuck to her cover longer, wasted more time, and then found a way to escape before they could get suspicious of her. And she should never have let them scan her for that microchip. She shouldn't have let them touch her at all.

She could punish herself for that later, though. Now she had to keep her mind focused on the present.
"It's dark out," Rachav said, keeping her tone polite and steady, "Where are we going? You mentioned a trip to the vet?" She had to fight the shudder that rolled down her spine, thinking of those gloved human hands poking and prodding her, those cold human eyes examining her, weighing her, taking her measure. "Will the office be open still now that the sun's set?"

Meanwhile...
Quote:
Therefor, you will be his second in command, to teach him everything he needs to know.

The dog stared at her for a long moment. "You want me to-- to babysit this-- this pet? No way. I'd rather be assigned to latrine duty for the rest of my life. No thank you, Lady Kikyo. But there is no way I'm teaching this jerk anything. He stole my frickin' position! And you want me to help him cement his place here in camp? That'll make me look even worse in front'a the guys, catering to him like I'm his maid. Nu-uh." He shook his head scornfully.

_________________
(Richardson Valley)
Magnus: S-10 P-5 E-8 C-7 I-2 A-3 L-5

(Haven)
Pavelle: S-3 P-7 E-3 C-5 I-9 A-10 L-5
Felix: S-6 P-7 E-3 C-3 I-8 A-10 L-5
Grif: S-5 P-6 E-5 C-8 I-7 A-5 L-6


Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:25 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:17 pm
Posts: 803
Location: Pegasus Galaxy - Galactic Northern Rims
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
"You're fine" the cat said, "if you're having trouble moving, you should be in his spot, he can't move at all." He proceeded on towards his den, it was just past another hill now. "When we get to the den, we'll feed him and probably tie him up afterward. He won't be able to do much harm."

(OOC: Gah! tired, no time, bed, sleep... junk post is junk but gets the point across!)


Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:46 pm
Profile
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3403
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
caelei wrote:
She could punish herself for that later, though. Now she had to keep her mind focused on the present.
"It's dark out," Rachav said, keeping her tone polite and steady, "Where are we going? You mentioned a trip to the vet?" She had to fight the shudder that rolled down her spine, thinking of those gloved human hands poking and prodding her, those cold human eyes examining her, weighing her, taking her measure. "Will the office be open still now that the sun's set?"

They will be meeting up with us at the shelter, you needn't worry about that. but first we will get you that nice warm relaxing bath we talked about.
Bev drive the van to the shelter, closing the shelters garage door, before letting the dogs out of the van.
This way hon leading her into the shelters grooming area.
starting the tub filling with the warm soapy water..

Meanwhile...
Quote:
Therefor, you will be his second in command, to teach him everything he needs to know.

The dog stared at her for a long moment. "You want me to-- to babysit this-- this pet? No way. I'd rather be assigned to latrine duty for the rest of my life. No thank you, Lady Kikyo. But there is no way I'm teaching this jerk anything. He stole my frickin' position! And you want me to help him cement his place here in camp? That'll make me look even worse in front'a the guys, catering to him like I'm his maid. Nu-uh." He shook his head scornfully.


Ooooo,K. Why are you staying with us then? if you hate how things are run, and don't want to contribute at all to the pack?

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:40 am
Profile WWW
Game Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 13, 2009 12:12 am
Posts: 3403
Location: out marking the bushes an fire hydrants
Post Re: Pet Friendly: Haven
Swiftpaw sits on the curb, and dines upon an apple pie she found thrown out on a window sill.

_________________
Rav/Ravage (RV) - M - German King Shepard: Str-7 Per-6 End-7 Cha-5 Int-5 Agi-6 Luck-6
Moonbeam (RA) - M - Tennessee Walker Horse: Str-6 Per-6 End-8 Cha-4 Int-5 Agi-8 Luck-5
Oreo (RA) - M - Spotted Skunk: Str-5 Per-6 End-6 Cha-5 Int-7 Agi-8 Luck-5


Tue May 21, 2013 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 269 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
  • Advertisement
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software for PTF.