Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

KalloonWhite

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by KalloonWhite »

Huge Joy: This happened long ago, but since I haven't been on here since the event, I ought to say that I'm no longer a single otter! :D
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Congrats!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

KalloonWhite wrote:Huge Joy: This happened long ago, but since I haven't been on here since the event, I ought to say that I'm no longer a single otter! :D
great to hear, Kal. *hugs*
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
jopencjusz

Post by jopencjusz »

That's great, congrats :)
My account on DA (something happens since I'm back here :))

My youtube accoint (with failed attemps to at least pretend I can sing)

Student, basketball referee, activist in old basketball club and official member of this club
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Ooh, congrats! Your... your cells divided and now you are two otters?
McFly

Post by McFly »

KalloonWhite wrote:Huge Joy: This happened long ago, but since I haven't been on here since the event, I ought to say that I'm no longer a single otter! :D
Glad to hear, dude. :)

Mega Joy: Just got accepted into Iowa State!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Congrats Mcfly.

Joy: I have a class with my R.A. in which I learned he's in the specialization I'm planning on applying for next month. Just had a chat with him that helped put my mind at ease (I'm really stressing about whether or not I'll get in.) and he offered to let me pick his brain about the applicatio process sometime in the near future.

sorrow: still feeling kind of blah. I'm really trying to keep my head straight this semester but I'm just caught in a melancholy sort of mood.
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Sorrow: I feel like my family is falling apart, my brother hit walls, threw things around, he tried to fight me, and hes still kicking stuff around. I don't know anymore.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Sorrow: I feel like my family is falling apart, my brother hit walls, threw things around, he tried to fight me, and hes still kicking stuff around. I don't know anymore.
*holds you*
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Sorrow: Apparently my dad wants a house sized garage, and wants to put it in our back yard. The main reason this is awful is because he wants to practically clear cut the entire forest. I hope he never gets the money for such a project......
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sorrow:
My favorite set of earbuds that I've had for 4 years finally gave up. The left one just stopped working. I've been expecting this to happen because the wire at the plug end was exposed because the rubber coating pulled away. But it is what it is, I have other ear buds I can use.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

JeffCvt wrote:Sorrow:
My favorite set of earbuds that I've had for 4 years finally gave up. The left one just stopped working. I've been expecting this to happen because the wire at the plug end was exposed because the rubber coating pulled away. But it is what it is, I have other ear buds I can use.
Every pair of earbuds I've ever had have gone out, starting with the left one.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

AWWWWWW YEAH!: They decided to keep me for permanent part time at my job! After four jobs in food service and three years of wrecking my self-esteem, I have finally suceeded in the job market! :D
Sorrow: But while they're getting the schedules re-arranged to include the new people, I don't go into work until the 20th.
Joy: But it's okay! I certainly have enough I can get done during this break from both high school and work!

*does a happy dance*
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Congrat beagle, jobs suck but it sure beats being broke.
Joy: meeting with my friend today to talk about shooting a music video for his band (which is just a cruddylittle local band but whatever).
sorrow: I have to work a party at the frat tonight. which is super lame.
joy: I get to drunk watch
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Stuff.

Post by Stuff. »

Sorrow: I'm down with the sickness. Hooray.
*cough*
Duster

Post by Duster »

Joy: I get to go back to class next week!

Sorrow: Now i have to wake up extra early to go to class next week.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
FlintTheSquirrel

Sorrow: And now my family is pretty much clear cutting a large portion of our forest. And practically cut down twice as much to make a path way to throw away their remains. I am forced to move the remains, and my dad just keeps shouting at me for not smiling.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

He's mad at you for not being happy about it?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: Most of the family took our dog for a walk today. Let her off the leash for once since we wanted her to run around. She ran into a ice pond thinking she could catch some ducks. She fell through. A Real picture moment X3

Sorrow: My feet got wet during the walk somehow :( Also, mom didn't like the wet floor when the dog got home. Doh.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sorrow: A close friend did something that hurt our friendship. :(
More sorrow: I still have a cold.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sorrow/Anger/Frustration: So, you all remember how I got a new Calc teacher because my old one got a new job, right? Well, the new teacher got fired and so now I have another new teacher. And I believe he is only going to be a long term sub until another teacher gets officially hired, meaning I will probably have another teacher change in the third quarter.
How many different teaching styles am I going to have to experience in this one class? Just absolutely frustrating.

Joy: I tested my first boomilever today and it held 25 pounds before breaking. Not bad considering my dad thought it was going to break before a pound was even added to it.
For being my first attempt ever at doing something like this, and the fact the required weight to be held is ~33 pounds (15 Kg to be exact), I'm happy with that. And I've already started the next one which should be stronger considering I'm using half-lap joints this time instead of just butting them against one another. Better joints = stronger design.

I'm hesitant to say this, but when I finish it, the next one may be able to support 50 pounds before breaking if the joints hold up.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow: Oh my extroverted self is just twitching. Sure, I've got all this collegiate paperwork I could be doing, but I get restless and unable to focus when I'm all cooped up at home for a few days. Having two weeks off of work and school wasn't really that great of an idea after all. If anyone feels like calling or webcamming me, feel free to give me a shout.

Joy: Time to begin the texting rounds of "who wants to go to the mall and get out of the small town for the day" with friends.
DingoVolf
Location: It was unwise to wake the 3-eyed cat, but we did it anyways, and now look at us. Whatever you do,

Post by DingoVolf »

Joy: Found a live phone line using a number not listed in any of our docs, set it up for a re-enabled security panel, and routed and labeled it appropriately, all while the alarm tech was on-site working on something else. This was amidst ancient phone cabling randomly spanning 5 buildings spread across just under a square mile and 2 different mostly-unmarked demarcs, using a home phone I jacked together right then to make a portable test unit with clips on the leads for testing different cabling pairs... and I'm not even a PBX tech.

Sorrow: Nobody noticed, or realized how much awesome I had to pull out to make that happen.
Sarnoff

Post by Sarnoff »

Such a Joy: I just got out of jail an hour ago. Many of the rumors are quite true I have found out... Jumpsuits aren't too bad though.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Well that's good I've heard it's none too fun.

Joy: gonna meet with a friend of mine on monday who's getting into the local rap scene and talk about making a music video this month.
Joy: I think my professors are warming up to me
Sorrow: I'm spending the weekend out of town to help install a new chapter of my fraternity. But I get to hang with a bunch of my frat brothers all weekend so it won't be all bad.
joy: I have to write a 2 page introduction to a character for my screenwriting class. I'm going to use it as an excuse to start a screenplay I've had in mind for a while.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: it's about -11c outside
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Joy: Aaron's Christmas present to me finally came in the mail! I'm picking it up from the post office tomorrow (because our mailman is kind of a lazy drunk) and having a very late present-opening occasion tomorrow night on Skype! :3
Joy: I'll be getting my work schedule on Sunday! Yay, I'd like to start putting money in my bank account again! XD
Joy: I was invited to a special engineering tour at my future university on my Friday of choice. I can finally take my college day!
Joy: I'll be eighteen in two weeks and three days!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: Just discovered I've got some sort of strength I never knew I had. Well, more than I'm now classing it as a strength since it's helped me a lot in day to day life and I just haven't noticed it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What strength is that?
Duster

Post by Duster »

Sleet wrote:What strength is that?
Super human strength, of course.

Joy: i'm gonna be able to afford a tablet soon!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow: Tensed up the muscle in my shoulder lifting stacks of clothes, folding about 300 items of children's clothing, and re-organizing what looked like a war zone. XD
Joy: It was actually peaceful and relaxing. Plus it's paid work. So... Yeah.
Joy: My finger and knee are healed up. Super healing abilities go!
Joy: I woke up really early (my sleeping schedule is back on track!), caught Aaron on Skype, and finally had our almost-an-entire-month-late Christmas present opening time. :3 I even felt like a kid on Christmas Day as I just got on webcam, still in my pajamas, only having been awake for twenty minutes.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Made a lot of progress when I met with my friend to talk about a music video we're planning. I've had a pretty darn productive weekend overall and I might actually get some sleep tonight.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: it's getting really cold again so everything is doin' this again
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
FlintTheSquirrel

Tiggy wrote:Joy: it's getting really cold again so everything is doin' this again
Sorrow: I miss Sweden. D;
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: My mind is so lazy these days I think it's forgetting things. *yawns* ...Who just yawned?!?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

sorrow: the dish machine at work appears to be on it's last legs and I doubt we're getting a new one anytime soon.
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

JOY: This final semester of high school is going to be awesome!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: I came home from work and found out my sister's husky was playing rough with the cats. Problem is... She slammed her nose into the treadmill while chasing them and bled her nose . Luckily, it healed. But still... :'(
McFly

Post by McFly »

GameCobra wrote:Sorrow: I came home from work and found out my sister's husky was playing rough with the cats. Problem is... She slammed her nose into the treadmill while chasing them and bled her nose . Luckily, it healed. But still... :'(
Hope she's okay.

Joy: The rain came back.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: I just made myself a new avatar and I am extremely pleased with it. I keep giggling to myself when I look at it and I don't know why.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit