Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Putting dead threads to bed, Jed

Moderator: ArcWolf

DarkHeartsAndSuch

Re: Pet Friendly: Main OOC

Post by DarkHeartsAndSuch »

-sigh-

Well, I'm too tired to make a character for BM right now, but I will, so I'm reserving this spot!
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
FunkyChickenFace

Post by FunkyChickenFace »

Should I inform the BsM OOC?
DarkHeartsAndSuch

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Should I inform the BsM OOC?
Probly, but I'm sure they read here too.
Kuja wrote:"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair. If I die, we all die!"

RP Characters
mathgrant

Post by mathgrant »

I was asked to repost this.

Name: Brian Dewitt

Species: Dog (Jack Russell Terrier)

-Appearance-
Has a rough coat of mostly white fur, with brown fur on his left ear, and a brown spot on his right eye. Medium height (for a Jack Russell, anyway), medium build. Wears round glasses and a red collar, with an ID tag shaped like a heptagon.

-Personality-
Somewhat shy and reclusive, preferring to engage in intellectual leisure by himself rather than to risk befriending the wrong person or pet, but capable of selectively maintaining some very intimate friendships with the ones he trusts the most. In the right setting, though, he becomes quite social. Capable of being non-serious at times, and very serious at other times. He's also not very brave.

Other Notes:
None.

SPECIAL
STR-5
PER-6
END-6
CHA-4
INT-10
AGI-6
LUC-5
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

I think I'm going to limit players to two neighborhoods, players might have difficulty keeping track of all their characters, and we don't want to end up with two neighborhoods with the exact same players.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
FunkyChickenFace

Name: Frank Holiday
Species: Cat (Russian Blue)
Neighborhood: Brookshire Meadows
Note: Lead vocalist of The Queen Nips
Second Note: Also has connections to the Chicago Pet Mafia.

-Appearance-
Frank is skinny as a beanpole and is somehow unable to gain more muscle. He has navy-blue fur and has sky-blue eyes. His collar matches his eyes and has a black musical note outlined in white hanging from it. He’s also got the sort of dashing look to him that makes fan-girls squee earsplittingly.

-Personality-
Frank has too great loves: his music and girls. As such, he’s very much a ladies man and is constantly extremely charming. He even had some –shudder- fanBOYS in his old home (Chicago). It should be noted that he’s cousins on his father’s side with K-Bar, who lives in Radiant Gardens. As such, he also has an energetic side, but instead expresses this with enthusiasm for the job at hand and dramatics instead of just running in happy little circles. His energy is his own and not a coping mechanism for various traumatic experiences. He also has his shady side and is occasionally seen in the commercial district discussing things with shady looking cats wearing trenchcoats. At these times, he’s very quiet and subdued. You would barely recognize him. He’s also an extremely musical individual and is constantly ruminating over some melody he heard earlier. He may bang his head against a wall if it’s an annoying store jingle.

-Other Notes-
Frank was forced to leave The Queen Nips back at Chicago. He is subsequently putting together a small musical group and offers occasional performances when the mood strikes him. Pay him in catnip. Note also that he has enough catnip to last him awhile and is subsequently rather unlikely to offer legit concerts for more catnip. Instead, he’s prone to spontaneous renditions of Sinatra songs on street corners for absolutely no reason except that he feels like singing. These instances are free.

Frank also dances.

Frank’s name is a reference to two famous singers. Name them and you win absolutely nothing except his congratulations.

Favorites list:
Favorite artist – Frank Sinatra
Favorite food – Spaghetti and Meatballs (not that he ever gets it, but when he does…)
Favorite activity – singing
Motto: “Let the records show that I did it MY way!”

-SPECIAL-

Strength: 4
Perception: 6
Endurance: 5
Charisma: 10
Intelligence: 6
Agility: 6
Luck: 5

Author's Note: I would probably agree with ArgentFlame, but people already grandfathered in shouldn't have to kill off their characters or something and get to keep any characters they have if they are already in more than two neighborhoods.
DarkHeartsAndSuch

ArgentFlame wrote:I think I'm going to limit players to two neighborhoods, players might have difficulty keeping track of all their characters, and we don't want to end up with two neighborhoods with the exact same players.
that was a very confusion end statment, but I understood the 2 neighborhood limit, so no BM for me... maybe, I don't know, I'll let people vote.

Edited add-on note: maybe instead of maxing people to two nieghborhoods, how about just four pets?
Last edited by DarkHeartsAndSuch on Mon May 31, 2010 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RP Characters
furryovrlord

Post by furryovrlord »

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:
ArgentFlame wrote:I think I'm going to limit players to two neighborhoods, players might have difficulty keeping track of all their characters, and we don't want to end up with two neighborhoods with the exact same players.
that was a very confusion end statment, but I understood the 2 neighborhood limit, so no BM for me... maybe, I don't know, I'll let people vote.
i think a limit of two is a good idea^^ makes it easier on everyone
WHAT!? CAT FANCIER??? WHO TOLD YOU THAT!?.........
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:

Edited add-on note: maybe instead of maxing people to two nieghborhoods, how about just four pets?
Argent's GM, and I agree with the rule as well, so it's a new rule. As for the pets, you get two main characters, and 3 guest characters per neighborhood.

EDIT: Dark, you had no need to be snippy like that.

EDITEDIT: FCF, yeah, they don't need to completely remove their characters, just have them move out, or something similar. Though once you're in a neighborhood, it's hard to leave it.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
DarkHeartsAndSuch

*Yawn* Two neighborhoods it is then. I'm too tired to argue and I would've actually seconded, er, fourthed? Argent's new rule, less stuff from me to invent!

RP Characters
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

I'll reserve a spot also for Brookshine Meadows; Too tired to make a Animal.

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

Hey this roleplaying thing seems like fun! I'm sorta new to this and I've read the rules and all so I'll go ahead and make my main character(s). If there's any mistakes do feel free to correct me.

Alright here I go!

Name: Corey "Shep" Shepard (For some strange reason he's always known as Shep and not called by his first name)

Species: Siberian Husky

Gang: Brookshire Meadows

-Appearance-
If there ever was a pet with abnormal amounts of fur, it would be Shep himself. His snow white fur is constantly overlapping each other and blending in perfectly with the black shadowy lines and the darkest of fur which envelopes his underbelly, back, head and eyes, not forgetting the tail dipped with a blotch of black at the tip. His eyes are of cyan blue in the left and an orange amber hue in the right. Alert ears adorn the top of his head. He wears a Red collar with iron-laden aiming crosshairs hanging down.

-Personality-
Shep is really shy and is often very self spoken and conservative. But once befriended, he is all smiles and delighted to enjoy the company of others. Shep is all rounded with getting along with other pets in the neighborhood, even if it those he rarely gets to meet. He loves being involved with the activities of the other pets and often places his friends as his top priorities. Shep can be a little naive at times and even muddle headed, but that only happens when too many things happen at once. But he will always be the lovable Husky to hang around with anytime.

Other Notes:
-The iron aiming crosshairs on Shep's collar is rumored to have been the actual thing on a century old rifle. It was passed down from his owner's late grandfather who was involved in the wars and claimed to have perfect aim if he held it. Shep has not missed a single bullseye ever since he wore the collar and started playing darts as a pup to pass the time.
-His owner runs a Shooting Sports Centre in town and often calls upon Shep to help him out with cleaning of the rifles which had been on loan. With little manpower and the unavailability of an assistant, you can imagine the look on the face of the very first job applicant as he stepped into to the store to be greeted by the sight of some dog disassembling and reassembling a rifle in a minute.
-Shep actually hates being called by the shortform of his surname, but it grew on him and he now thinks it's kinda cool.
-Shep has been playing the electric guitar since he got the instrument and an amplifier as a gift last Christmas and he's been shredding up the instrument ever since. He doesn't really admit that he's good as it's just a hobby.
-Shep listens to rock and metal music.

SPECIAL
STR-7
PER- 7
END-5
CHA-6
INT-5
AGI-5
LUC-7

So uh, with that done, which neighborhood has slots?

EDIT: Yup, done. I'm now ready to join =)
Last edited by thrasherblades on Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

DarkHeartsAndSuch wrote:-sigh-

Well, I'm too tired to make a character for BM right now, but I will, so I'm reserving this spot!
ROFLMAO I think we should call it BsM. What you called it sounds like...well...you know.

I'll reserve a spot as well and get to work on my character A.S.A.P.

Also, i think the "two neighborhood" rule is a good idea.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Neko

Post by Neko »

thrasherblades wrote:

SPECIAL
STR-6
PER-3
END-5
CHA-4
INT-3
AGI-3
LUC-1

So uh, with that done, which neighborhood has slots?
BsM is the only available neighborhood at the moment, it's brand new so come on over and join in! One thing though, your stats don't add up to 42.
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Dr. Prower

Post by Dr. Prower »

Name: Jacob Daniels

Picture

Species: Cat

Appearance: Light orange fur, a red collar, black baseball cap facing backwards, and a shiny golden-colored dollar sign-shaped I.D. Tag.

Personality: He's a very outspoken cat. Despite his constant streak of bad luck, he always remains optimistic. He tends to be a bit naive, as he's not the smartest person around, but he can still keep a conversation going strong. He's always trying to make new friends, and when he's not he's usually working out in his garage.

Special:
STR: 8
PER: 7
END: 5
CAR: 10
INT: 4
AGI: 5
LUC: 3
Last edited by Dr. Prower on Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
I ship Grape&Peanut and support King&Bailey
Neko

Post by Neko »

Oh I was mistaken before, RG has 1 slot in it, BsM has like 11 slots I think?
ImageImage Back after 7 years to GM once more.
Zander

Post by Zander »

Neko wrote:Oh I was mistaken before, RG has 1 slot in it, BsM has like 11 slots I think?
Yeah.
Fursona! :3

Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
-Robert Louis Stevenson
Auzzo

Post by Auzzo »

Edit: Adding more words to Personality/

10 Spots now. :D

Name: Flake Bampin

Species: Husky

Appearence: Wears a Blue Collar.

Personality: Flake has a Creative, Quiet Personality. In his spare time, He often Draws Pictures. Likes: Art of any kind (Bad or Good), Anyone thats not rude or not polite (May Update more later)

Other Notes:
- Sold over 100 Art to the Art Museum and won 5 Art Contests.
- Came from a Ice-Covered Place.

S.P.E.C.I.A.L:
Strength - 6
Perception - 6
Endurance - 6
Charisma - 7
Intelligence - 6
Agility - 5
Luck - 6

Too many 6s. D:

Note: I will barely be on the Forums, but I will sometimes (Depends how bored I am.) be on mIRC. If you want to ask me any questions, Ask them on mIRC when I'm on.
Missingo

Post by Missingo »

thrasherblades wrote: SPECIAL
STR-6
PER-3
END-5
CHA-4
INT-3
AGI-3
LUC-1
Okay, a few small things here- first, no stat can be lower than two, which means Luck should be bumped up a bit, especially with his luck for making bull's-eyes. Also, you have 42 points to spend among the stats, although it isn't required that you spend them all if you don't want to.

And I'd have to ask about this, but because your character is so young, Str and End cannot be above 7, and one of them must be halved. I'm not sure if 7 applies to the stat before it is halved, so you might need to bring one of those down a little bit. I dunno, we'll have to see what Buck says. Nevermind, he said no. And when (if) you do decide to spend more points, remember the Int limitation of 5.

Other than that, the character looks great. 'hope you have lots of fun RP'ing :D
Kay: S4 P9 E6 C8 I7 A5 L3

Retired Characters:
Matthew & Rachel
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

I think ill take a spot by posting this!

Ezekiel "Zeke" Lambert

-Species-
Domesticated Silver Fox

-Age-
3.5 Human Years = 12.25 Pet years.

-Neighborhood-
Brookshire Meadows

-Appearance-
Zeke has lighter silver fur across most his body, with black socks and a silver tipped black tail. He wears a black collar with a ten-sided die, and has a black bandanna tied around his left arm.

-Personality-(Still need to add more)
Rather closed off, he tries to be like evereone else, in an attempt to fit in. mayb someday he will shine as himself

-Other Notes-(re-wright required)
He lived in Russia as a pup, then was sent to a new family in America, the Lamberts, after a year. He doesn't remember much from Russia, but the Lamberts don't give him much attention, leaving him to the maid during
the day, and then making excuses most nights. He was required to stay in the grounds for most of those days, and never
met any other pets, instead, just watching them pass by occasionally.

-SPECIAL-
S-4
P-6
E-5
C-6
I-7
A-6
L-8
Last edited by Rubin on Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
~Rubin
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Welcome to the forums, and welcome to Pet Friendly Rubin!

I did notice that your character has one more point than they should. Other than that, it looks good. :mrgreen:
FunkyChickenFace

Hey, so, if I wanna get a drawing done for my RP characters but can't draw to save my life, who should I talk to who's willing to draw my characters for free?
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:Hey, so, if I wanna get a drawing done for my RP characters but can't draw to save my life, who should I talk to who's willing to draw my characters for free?
I would suggest Kyderra, but he is not accepting any requests right now. After a while, if his requests free up, then you should request one. But for now, I wouldn't bug him. If you don't want to wait, then I don't know who would help you.
FunkyChickenFace

Eh, I'm willing to wait for awhile. Some-time during the summer would be nice. Do you have any idea when I should PM him?
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Hey, I think I fixed it.

as for the pictures, id just browse Furrafinaty until you see an artist you like, then see if their willing to do a request, although some of them will want you to pay a commotion fee.

And thanks for the warm welcome! its not often i see people who give note of this sort of thing! ^_^
~Rubin
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

Rubin wrote:And thanks for the warm welcome! its not often i see people who give note of this sort of thing! ^_^
On this forum, we treat each other like family! One big dysfunctional family! By the way, your avatar is adorable!
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Hmmm... I think I'v heard that one before somewhere...
And Thanks!

Bty... When I found Pet Friendly a few days ago, I decided that I was feeling too lazy to subtract the numbers (I eventually did, Hence the miss add) so I took an hour to relearn some basic coding for a SPECIAL calculator. Yes, too LAZY to subtract... but if your interested, I could post it on here!
~Rubin
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Sure, go head and post it. Sounds interesting.

And if you want an even bigger welcome, here is the best place to get it!

Welcome to the forums! Also, your character looks good.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Rubin

Post by Rubin »

Alright, I think this is how I do this...
Also, a link to the Juust Basic Page, cause I cant save as .exe yet:P

Just Basic
download and install it 2.4 MB (trust me, its small! It even fits on my gig hard drive, and that's saying something! (god my computer sucks...))
Its a .tkn file, so associate it with JBRun101 when it asks you. (i think its windows only... sorry)

the program should be self explanatory after reading the first post here...

Oh, and when your done with that, there is an extensive tutorial you can take in the JB program that will teach you how to program!

EDIT: ok, so i hit the attach file button.... now what?

Oh... the extention .tkn is not aloud... time to find ways around this!

Edit2: all attempts to upload it have failed... im tired, and my laptop just shut itself down in protest. Lucky by POC desktop had the sight up already, or id be up a creek! I think it got too hot or somthing... the hardrives were only at a140 something... (so thats why I'm soo hot! its not the weather at all!)

I'll try to find somewhere to put it tomorow, so just remind me!
~Rubin
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Can I do a mix breed of animals? Like a fox and wolf or something?
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
Zander

Post by Zander »

Cerberusx wrote:Can I do a mix breed of animals? Like a fox and wolf or something?
I think only in Radiant gardens

-Robert Louis Stevenson
Cerberusx

Post by Cerberusx »

Zander wrote:
Cerberusx wrote:Can I do a mix breed of animals? Like a fox and wolf or something?
I think only in Radiant gardens
I noticed that there is one slot left in Radiant Gardens, does that mean I have to post my character bio up in there and in the Main OOC?
"Living is Hard Dying is Easy"

"The longer you stare into the abyss, the hard it is to find a reasons to turn back."
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Mixbreed? I guess it's ok, I mean we do have a raccat.

I only posted my character Bio's here though. I guess after you've posted it, put your character into the story. You can easily say he found one of the posters advertising the clubhouse...that's where I think eavryone is...beside my chracters.
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

wow, I kinda forgot that I was supposed to post my character sheet here first..
I hope Im not breaking the sacred RP'ing rules.

-Name-
zucchini (I cant think of any good last names to go with this.wonder why...)

-Gender-
Male

-Species-
Dingo

-Age-
um, I think I need sugestions, since I dont know alot about dog years.i told you Im bad at RP!

-Neighborhood-
Brookshire Meadows

-Appearance-
A fairly tall orange-ish dingo with brown ears. he wears a grey colar with a black wrench name tag. (also has a "hat of the week" ; right now its a baseball cap.If you care it says "I cant RP" XD)
-Personality-
Very outgoing and ready to meet people. He is constantly building and inventing different machines, and giving them to his friends out of the kindness of his heart. He's almost always striking up a conversation, but when he's thinking he stays quiet.

-Other Notes-
like I said before, hes constantly building. kinda well-rounded builder, making things from hand warmers to throwing knives(dont ask). Also, he occasionaly has a small garage sale to show off his work.
As I also said before, he has some sort of "hat of the week" thing going on.
OH and he may or may not be a part of the pet mafia. cant say for sure

-SPECIAL-
Strength- 7 Im not wolverine anymore :cry:
Perception- 5
Endurance- 7
Charisma- 8
Intelligence- 5
Agility- 4
Luck- 6
Last edited by metaecho on Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HELLO THERE
FunkyChickenFace

@metaecho

First of all, welcome to the neighborhood! With all the new people, my plans to blow up the Evil Orphanage are going to get sidetracked....

But second, I'd like to point out that having a Luck of 3 is approximately equal to you doing all your homework only for a glass of water to spill on it all, ruining it. I would personally take a point off of strength (you currently have strength approximately equal to Wolverine) and add it to luck, but that's my opinion.
Zander

Post by Zander »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:@metaecho

First of all, welcome to the neighborhood! With all the new people, my plans to blow up the Evil Orphanage are going to get sidetracked....

But second, I'd like to point out that having a Luck of 3 is approximately equal to you doing all your homework only for a glass of water to spill on it all, ruining it. I would personally take a point off of strength (you currently have strength approximately equal to Wolverine) and add it to luck, but that's my opinion.
If Strength- 9 is a wolverine then what is Rocky's Strength 10?

O__O

-Robert Louis Stevenson
ArgentFlame

Post by ArgentFlame »

His stats look fine to me. Though Metaecho, you do still have one point to spend.
Del S2 P6 E2 C5 I10 A8 L3
Sean S6 P5 E10 C3 I6 A6 L6
Bastion S5 P6 E4 C8 I5 A10 L4
metaecho

Post by metaecho »

wait whaaat? one more point? um... *edits for the sixth time today*
HELLO THERE
FunkyChickenFace

Zander wrote:

O__O
Strength Ten, on my scale, is approximately equal to THE HULK. However, given Rocky's non-raging personality, the full extent of his awesome power is likely to not be seen until the climax of a traumatic and dramatic arc. For example, the bombing goes faulty and Frank is trapped inside. Rocky bashes through the walls, tears a steel beam off of Frank's leg, and runs back outside to the heroic backdrop of a blossoming explosion.

YES. WE MUST DO IT.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

FunkyChickenFace wrote:
Zander wrote:

O__O
Strength Ten, on my scale, is approximately equal to THE HULK. However, given Rocky's non-raging personality, the full extent of his awesome power is likely to not be seen until the climax of a traumatic and dramatic arc. For example, the bombing goes faulty and Frank is trapped inside. Rocky bashes through the walls, tears a steel beam off of Frank's leg, and runs back outside to the heroic backdrop of a blossoming explosion.

YES. WE MUST DO IT.
I'm sorry but that is not how the point system works (at least I'm very sure it doesn't) it's not based off of that Marvel Grid thing. That would be funny though. :lol: